Laminex

Laminex

See the Best Kitchen Renovators in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Laminex? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

1.3
    cjoyking
    cjoykingWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Diamond gloss laminate

In our previous home we put in a new kitchen 14 years ago. The laminate I chose was laminex diamond gloss. The cupboards were standard laminate.
    Not once in the following 12 years before selling the house did we have any problems at all with any of the laminate. It still looked as good as the day it was installed in fact the real estate agent thought the kitchen was new. The bench colour was Kashmir granite I think it was called in diamond gloss.
    The cupboard colours were parchment and the drawers purvivan clay.

Malkster
    Malksterasked

How to remove old laminex from a table top to replace it

Pd off big time
    Pd off big timeasked

After reading all these comments I have absolute no confidence in this company. I was considering using the Absolute range for kitchen cupboards. Has anyone any experience with this product?

Jan & Roger
    Jan & Roger

I have Absolutematt White in the kitchen and laundry of my new house. It doesn't matter what tinted/clear window/light/tile/paint/bench /night or day it is PALE GREEN .
    I now will have to go with a green colour scheme throughout the WHOLE house which will fight with the carpet I have chosen.
    The rep did come to the house but his visit hasn't changed the colour. I am so disappointed as I am a Pisces/blue person currently trapped in a green kitchen where I presently live.
    At 71 years of age this was to be my dream house !!!!! Utterley devestated.

Sherasked

I am thinking of Diamond Gloss Laminex Benchtops but after reading some reviews I am now re-thinking, has anyone had good luck with their Diamond Glass Benchtops or do they all have a problem?

Keith.S.
    Keith.S.

Sher, if you are thinking of using the diamond gloss, don't use it near windows that have sunlight as it will fade and discolor. I have used it in my bathroom and that was fine, but the glass is setina glass and doesn't get direct sunlight. Don't believe what they say about it won't scratch because it does.

christine E
    christine E

Don't use it .It is not the product Laminex advertise. It takes a lot of work to keep it looking good and it is definitely not scratch resistant as they advertise. There are much better alternatives.

Sher

Thank you. ...of course Laminex rep said they have never had a problem. Will definitely rethink but I am not wanting granite etc....have to find some product that doesn't fade or scratch...any suggestions?