Laminex

Laminex

See the Best Kitchen Renovators in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Laminex? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

1.3
  • Timeliness
  • Job Satisfaction
  • Rates and Fees

Lisa
LisaRichmond-Tweed, NSW

Great when new

Renovated kitchen with Laminex Metaline as splashbacks & behind oven 3-4 yrs ago. Did what Laminex company said to clean it. Supposedly easy care - NOT. Splashes, watermarks & smears DO NOT remove. Now darkening brown stains from fan forced oven exhaust behind stove & up the wall above stove top. Nothing cleans Metaline. Even the simplest watermarks though dried immediately still stain. Tried Stainless Steel Polish wipes & even they couldn't make the blasted stuff look better. Total waste installing the Laminex Metaline!! Looks great new.

Shado
ShadoWestern Australia

Seem to think customer service is you owing them something

Avoid at all costs, use any other product and if you need help, I would suggest asking a stranger in the street. Completely useless with customer service, either do not comprehend English or so disinterested they cannot be bothered helping. All our home cupboards and benches are laminex and now they refuse to even answer emails as to where to get colour matching etc. done.

Absolute Matt in black

Everything they tell you about this product being mark resistant is a lie.

Every single thing marks it and then it is IMPOSSIBLE to clean.

The only thing to at cleans it properly is industrial strength glass cleaner in a spray can.

Wiping it with a wet sponge just leaves water marks everywhere.

Do not install this product in your house unless you want to spend an hour everyday cleaning your kitchen cupboard fronts.

The last photo is literally the water marks that stain it.

FrankieD
FrankieDAdelaide

Absolute rubbish product, as is their attitude to customer

Athalie
AthalieCentral Queensland, QLD

so disappointed

I put Laminex Metaline as a splashback in my new kitchen.
Within 2 years the product is smeary and looks terrible.
I have cleaned it as per the manufacturer's instructions, but there is no improvement. I always wipe it after each cooking episode.
I have contacted Laminex and they said they would send the Rep out to look at it. No result.
Contacted them again...no response and no Rep!
it has been 6 months now and they remain silent.
I would NEVER use this product again and fine the company's response very unsatisfactory.
Athalie

Unhappy
Unhappy

Terrible product

I had diamond gloss bench tops installed on my new kitchen that looked awesome the day it was installed, while I’ve treated it with care it is now covered in scratches. It now has a dull hazy finish due to the thousands of scratches in it. It seems anything that touch’s it leaves a permanent scratch. Now wishing I had read these reviews first

Megan
MeganSydney, NSW

Poor Customer Service and unfinished product

Wish I'd read the reviews here before using. We were left with a product that wasn't cut as ordered and was in an unfinished state and they seemed to disappear when we asked for this to be fixed or help with completing the item. Very poor sales team (didn't understand or ignored basic questions) and very poor customer service/complaints team and process. We were left with a product we had to pay to finish ourselves. Extremely disappointing all around.

Paula
PaulaWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Can’t believe the scratches

We used diamond gloss Persian stone when we were renovating kitchen.I am so disappointed. I would be very cautious to anyone else using this product. Looked good to start with ,I wished I had just chosen the normal laminate. I am so careful with this benchtop annoyingly so and there are tiny little scratches over the whole area, places that haven’t even been used .

Ema
Ema

Poor product knowledge!

The Laminex Group customer service staff has very poor, limited knowledge about their products and many times they manage to give us wrong information about the product that is not helping at all.
Not to mention, their products are well over priced.

cjoyking
cjoykingWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Diamond gloss laminate

In our previous home we put in a new kitchen 14 years ago. The laminate I chose was laminex diamond gloss. The cupboards were standard laminate.
Not once in the following 12 years before selling the house did we have any problems at all with any of the laminate. It still looked as good as the day it was installed in fact the real estate agent thought the kitchen was new. The bench colour was Kashmir granite I think it was called in diamond gloss.
The cupboard colours were parchment and the drawers purvivan clay.

david
davidPerth, WA

The company must be too big as products are inferior and double price of other suppliers.

Jennifer
JenniferIllawarra, NSW

Don’t do it

Don’t do it. I had a diamond gloss benchtop and in the the first week I noticed scratches in it. Have fought for nearly a year. Totally exhausted with the whole process. All Laminex would do for me was to suggest I put in anew benchtop at my cost and they will take a piece away and test it themselves, if they decide it is faulty they will reimburse me.

Job Satisfaction

Find out how Laminex compares to other Kitchen Renovators

We should have been warned.

New gloss Laminex kitchen bench tops pitted with dimples. Very disappointed! Would not have chosen if had been informed.Whose fault? Firstly cabinet maker. Had several discussions before choosing. But seems to me that the real problem is the surface quality of the solid particle board base. The Laminate board is pressure glued and would show up any depressions in the surface of the board.

JMS
JMSGympie

Very disappointing. Not the quality I expected. Wouldn't recommend gloss finish Laminex or Formica.

Freestyle stone benchtop

Malkster
Malksterasked

How to remove old laminex from a table top to replace it

Pd off big time
Pd off big timeasked

After reading all these comments I have absolute no confidence in this company. I was considering using the Absolute range for kitchen cupboards. Has anyone any experience with this product?

Jan & Roger
Jan & Roger

I have Absolutematt White in the kitchen and laundry of my new house. It doesn't matter what tinted/clear window/light/tile/paint/bench /night or day it is PALE GREEN .
I now will have to go with a green colour scheme throughout the WHOLE house which will fight with the carpet I have chosen.
The rep did come to the house but his visit hasn't changed the colour. I am so disappointed as I am a Pisces/blue person currently trapped in a green kitchen where I presently live.
At 71 years of age this was to be my dream house !!!!! Utterley devestated.

Sherasked

I am thinking of Diamond Gloss Laminex Benchtops but after reading some reviews I am now re-thinking, has anyone had good luck with their Diamond Glass Benchtops or do they all have a problem?

Keith.S.
Keith.S.

Sher, if you are thinking of using the diamond gloss, don't use it near windows that have sunlight as it will fade and discolor. I have used it in my bathroom and that was fine, but the glass is setina glass and doesn't get direct sunlight. Don't believe what they say about it won't scratch because it does.

christine E
christine E

Don't use it .It is not the product Laminex advertise. It takes a lot of work to keep it looking good and it is definitely not scratch resistant as they advertise. There are much better alternatives.

Sher

Thank you. ...of course Laminex rep said they have never had a problem. Will definitely rethink but I am not wanting granite etc....have to find some product that doesn't fade or scratch...any suggestions?