4Land Rover Defender 90
Part of Land Rover Defender  4.6 (27)

Land Rover Defender 90

Interior Design
Boot Size
Comfort
Features
See the Best Small / Compact SUVs in 2024 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Land Rover Defender › 9013 reviews
Jaswinder
JaswinderVICGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Very bad experience with Defender 90

Bought Defender 90 Brand New, in the 3rd week it started feeling that whenever engine turned on car vibrates for good 10-15 seconds. Then after 9 weeks software blew including the screen & speedometer. Rest is fine. Show details
Jubei
JubeiWAPerth, WA57 posts

Special feels when driving

excellent 2nd vehicle, its a weekend car, definitely not a city car. i fell in love with it the first time i saw it in the show room. cars like this makes you feel very special as there is nothing like it on the road. you will not find the character and charm in another vehicle. new defender coming out at the end of 2019 is definitely not a defender. if you have one, hold on to them as long as you can and pass it onto your kids, these cars will outlive you! Show details
Overall
Noise Level
Performance
Design
Elsie C
Elsie CBrisbane6 posts

Amazing

It may seen old but it works a treat! I bought it second hand and is in good condition and I asked the person were they got it from and all this stuff and soon fell in love it is the best for off roading and fits 5 people and can fit 7 if we had 2 seats added it!

Rav
Rav10 posts

Can I choose 10 stars?

It’s a different feeling. It’s hard to manoeuvre, uncomfortable, no airbags & loud. But who cares! The best 4x4 ever & goes anywhere. Approach & departure angles and ground clearance unbeatable. And the character that you don’t get in any other 4x4. The Army uses them for a reason! Ain’t selling mine ever!

Floater
FloaterAU13 posts

Owning one is addictive

Incredibly built car that is capable of anything you throw at it.

The constant 4wd is an incredible safety feature which actually doesn't contribute significantly to fuel consumption as so many believe.

It has a full aluminium roof rack and still averaged 11L/100km. It is a great balance between tarmac and dirt driving.

Not suitable for the tall person and also if you have a weak left knee - clutch is heavy and cabin is small.

Stock clearance is much higher than most 4wd. I had a friend who recently purchased a Hilux SR5 and my stock clearance was much higher than his even after he had put bigger wheels on.

Collin_58
Collin_58Sydney3 posts
Zach
Zach
Roy GMelbourne8 posts

My New Best Friend

I always wanted a Defender 90 - my hand was forced when the final sales deadline was June 26 last year. A long 8 month wait & finally my new best friend arrived. Have done around 4,000 kms now & it gets better every day. Was surprised by its power & prowess on road & how good it is the the rough stuff. It is much more comfy than I expected & everyone I know wants a ride - the drivetrain takes some getting used to but once mastered - it is great. Also surprised how good the brakes are. If you have ever hankered for a Defender 90 - just do it! The only vehicle that puts a smile on my face every time I drive it. I also like the camaraderae that comes from Defender ownership - it's a small & exclusive club. Enjoy!

Show details ·  1

Sean
SeanPerth16 posts
  Verified 90

It depends on your perspective

If you've never been in one before.... It's loud, clunky and slow. It turns like a tugboat, the aircon & heating are ordinary, there's nowhere to put your right arm, they have very few creature comforts, stones hitting the (non lined or undersealed) inner wheel arches will scare the crap out of you. It's too tall to fit in most city underground carparks, and the fuel tank is too small. When you wade (or in heavy rain) your feet will get wet, and the seats don't recline... But none of this will matter to you because it not only looks awesome, but is one of the most capable off-road vehicles on the planet.

Roger
Roger8 posts
Jeff
Jeff2 posts

Part of the family

Ive had landrovers since '78 and other cars in between , There is just something about the defender I and my wife love , I've purchased a 2011 2.4 litre 90 with all the fruit and in the process of sellng my terrific low kms '95 110 300tdi.(no air con.) I love the new dash and still like the high driving postion.Yes they do have there moments ,so to speak, but so did all the other 4x4s that I have owned in the past .You cannot beat the friendly WAVE from the other Defender owners on the road . Our Defender is garaged along with my wifes Disco 3 .the perfect partnership!

Peter J