7Land Rover Discovery

Land Rover Discovery Questions & Answers

Greg B.
Greg B. · Discovery 5 (2016-2024)

Hi All
Any problems out there with bull bars fitted. I have a 2020 TD SD6. I Keep getting an error leading to cruise control failure. LR blame Bull bar. Manufacturer says no issues to many many fitted.
Any advice??

Bradlz J.
Bradlz J. · Discovery 3 (2005-2009)

Does anyone know what size seat covers I will need for discovery 2007 in centremeters

David W.
David W. · Discovery 2 (1999-2004)

What’s the 4.6 v8 like is it very reliable

Chris H.
Chris H. · Discovery 3 (2005-2009)

What causes the orange brake pad warning light to come on when the brake pads are still very good?

Michael S.
Michael S. · Discovery 3 (2005-2009)

Are they reliable

Rachel
Rachel

Worst car I have ever owned constant problems with engine and driveline only had it 7months then got rid of it

Sweeney B.
Sweeney B.

Most reliable car I have ever owned ... 5 times around OZ towing 3 tonne van with plenty of rough stuff...still going as good as the day I bought it new in 2013 (SDV6) current odo 228000km

samwel j.
samwel j. · Discovery 3 (2005-2009)

Whatvis the different between discovery 3 of 2006 and that of 2007?

AJd
AJd · 4 HSE (2009-2016)

Hi Is anyone replaced R/H turbo without removing the body.
2011 Land Rover Discovery 4 SDV6 HSE Auto 4x4 MY11

sharmaine a.
sharmaine a. · Discovery

Hi, I have a landrover discover 2011 model, we take it to the snow and after a few days it wont start straighaway, take a few goes. At on on the beaches it starts up every single time all year round and is regularly services. Has anyone else had this problem and does anyone know why this happens?

Shar

Peter L.
Peter L.

You need to use "Winter Diesel" when it is in the snow.

Ilze P.
Ilze P. · Discovery 3 (2005-2009)

Morning all out of South Africa! I'm getting my 2009 disco 3 hopefully today or tomorrow!!!! We off to. Kruger on Sunday. Anyone else on this group with a 2009 model? And are you happy? Ilze

Ilze P.
Ilze P. · Discovery 3 (2005-2009)

Im thinking of buying a 2008 se discovery 3. Should I or shouldn't I. The vehicle has 212 000km on the clock with a full service history. Please help?

Inga A.

I would just recommend getting it inspected and just don’t use Land Rover dealerships. They are expensive to repair.

Sam
Sam · Discovery 4 (2009-2016)

Hi,

I have the engine warning light that comes on at 3000 RPM, it feels like it might have something to do with the turbo, any suggestions? It also becomes Smokey.

Thanks in advance
Sam

solfan
solfan · 5 SE SD4 (2016-2024)

Surely if so many customers are unhappy with the quality of the product and service from the dealer network and the manufacturer why is there no one prepared to take a class action under ACL?
Considering the revenue earned by the states and federal government from motor vehicle taxes and fuel duties, is not time for the appointment of an independent motor industry ombudsman to manage these rogue manufacturers and their dealer networks?>

Inga A.

Absolutely agree. Our car is now 4 months of the road with no assistance from Land Rover. Another known issue in the UK has seen our car now cost us thousands more. We have lodged with fair trading.

solfan

They are a brilliantly designed and packaged vehicle totally let down by reoccurring component failures resulting in poor reliability totally ignored by the manufacturer and an ineffective arrogant network.
Good luck with Trading standards issues like this are often above their pay grade, don’t be put off, state your facts clearly with supporting evidence, don’t become emotional or cranky, just ask yourself the question would you have bought your vehicle had you known it would have these faults, if no, it’s clearly not fit for purpose, look at the following:
Largest ever payout for defective car: Range Rover, Morphy v Beaufort Townsville Pty Ltd, total payout $670,000
Gilber & Toblin Lawyers class action on LR&J vehicles registered after 1/1/2011 defective DPF systems filed in federal court in November. At last the sleeping consumer giant is waking up!!!!!!

M H.
M H. · Discovery 5 (2016-2024)

Thinking about buying a 2017 or 18 discovery , what to know if you guys, here can recommend which ones are best?

stuart
stuart

2019 SD6 SE. Thankfully no problems, great car on and off road.

Gurpreet
Gurpreet · 5 SE SD4 (2016-2024)

Hi pees
What about a class action against Landrover, because we all having the same issues with particular car and same engine ?

BaymanNZ
BaymanNZ

I'm not sure what that might involve or whether we could find enough owners to make it feasible. But ... maybe it's a plan if more disgruntled owners turn up.

Gurpreet

I am in process of getting information from Australian consumers law .
According to section 54 and 260 , we are entitled for compensation. Apparently Landrover agreed to change engine with free of cost but this 2 litre engine will have the same problem in future and pretty sure we would loos lot of market value.
I did sent an email to Landrover and they said they are happy to talk ,once car will be repaired with new engine . I will keep you updated

Deb hill
Deb hill · Discovery 4 (2009-2016)

I have 2.7 discovery 4, and have gearbox alarm on also cooling tank empty so quickly can someone give me information about it thanks

Shane S.
Shane S. · Discovery 2 (1999-2004)

Hi guys, looking at purchasing a 2002 4l V8 series 2 discovery. It's been very well looked after with a few added accessories which is perfect for camping and 4x4ing but the whole head gasket issue on these engines is really bothering me. How concerned should I be, it's got 180000kms auto.

PETER
PETER · Discovery 2 (1999-2004)

Discovery 2002 auto turbo 2.5 diesel timing belt or chain thank you

Syn
Syn · Discovery 4 (2009-2016)

Hi we are looking at purchasing a 2011 Discovery 4 SDV6 HSE. Should we be concerned with the 211000 kms on the clock? It test drove really well. Any assistance / advice is appreciated. Thanks in advance

Khurram

These cars are highly unreliable. Mine has been back many times and it was 2017 with 0 km.

Stephen S.
Stephen S. · Discovery

2009 discovery 4 error messages. ie Gearbox fault , park brake fault, stabilisation fault etc.all coming up on screen one after another.Usually clears if vehicle turned off for about 10 minutes. have had air bag pump replaced as suggested by dealership then brake light switch twice.ok for months then starts fault mode again. Vehicle does not loose power but does lower suspension. Any Ideas.

Khurram

Im sori but i dont know the answer .
Mine is 2017 disco and its been back many a times. Last time the roof leaked!

Gary H
Gary H · Discovery 4 (2009-2016)

Hi 2010 Discovery 4 sat nav screen frozen on Land Rover and will not turn of this drains the battery radio also doesn’t work I have to take fuse out so battery doesn’t go flat any ideas please

Stu Hearn

take off the battery leads, hold them together 10 secs, this resets the ecu, worth a try

Gary H

Hi Stu can’t thank you enough I tried almost everything with no joy . Took your advice and it worked thank you . Happy New year

so happy for you Gary

Gary H

Hi Stu thanks for reply unfortunately it happened again so I took it to 4x4 specialist and I’ve been told it needs updating going in for diagnostic test and updating ecu 6th Jan see how it goes thanks buddy take care

Get an answer from our members and Land Rover representatives

Select a listing for your question
Land Rover Discovery