Land Rover Range Rover Sport L494

Land Rover Range Rover Sport L494 (2013-2020) Questions & Answers

Also referred to as: Land Rover Range Rover Sport L494 2019 and Land Rover Range Rover Sport L494 2021. HSE, Autobiography, S, etc...

5 questions from our users

Craigasked

Hi There,
My 2014 with 60,000 ks has developed a noise in the front end, the noise can only be heard inside the vehicle but seems to be coming from the front diff. The noise sound like the gears are not meshing, click, click click on full lock going slowly. Can any one know what is going on and how is it fixed. Thanks

A-A-Ron
A-A-Ron

The diff on these should be pretty robust, and without issue at only 60000km. A clicking at full lock is often a sign of faulty CV joints, usually one or bother of the outer ones. If that's the case, they're likely to replace the axle on the offending side as a complete unit, because it's far quicker than pulling and replacing just the CV joint. The upshot is that you'll also get a new inner CV joint and boots as well. On my 2005 RRS, I had a clicking at slow speed turns that ended up being a bad rear wheel bearing. But thats an uncommon symptom I believe. Best of luck.

Thank you !!

Trunky

Trunkyasked

Range Rover Sport L494 HSE Dynamic (2013-2020)

what is the size of the discs on the 2019 HSE Dynamic compared to the 2016 with stealth pack

Moe M

Moe Masked

Range Rover Sport L494 (2013-2020)

Hi . I recently bought a 3 litre v6 range rover sport (2016) . It has done about 35000 km's . Two days after drving it . i had to send it in . I was told that the supercharger pump was gone . I would like to know if these cars are troublesome and should expect the vehicle to be in repairs very often ?

Fajar Motor Tawau Branch

Fajar Motor Tawau Branchasked

Range Rover Sport L494 (2013-2020)

I owned a Range Rover Sport/L494 3.0 V6 SC Petrol (2014) and I am having problem with the front suspension. Every time i drove over a speed bump, a loud knocking sound from the LHS front wheel. Anyone encounter such problem ? Any solution ?

Thanks/ Matthew

David Whitelum

No never had an issue have you been to the dealer yet as it would still be under warranty?

brian

Or you could also try taking the vehicle to a Monroe shocks or pedders suspension shocks workshop @ Monroe shocks are pretty good though pedders suspension shocks are even better

alex chambers

alex chambersasked

hi,

can anyone tell me what size wheels I can fit on a 2014 Land Rover Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE MY14.5?

21" alloy wheels are fitted now (brembo Brakes) but I need to go back to a rim that suits a dual purpose on & off road tyre.

thanks

Alex

David Whitelum

Hi Alex Oors has 19 inch wheels. I have read quite a few reviews that say the ride is much better with these rather than the larger ones with the low profile tyres. Cheers David

Neil M
Neil M

Hi Alex,
Yes 19" wheels fit around the brembo brakes. I have fitted 255-55-19 Cooper tyres to mine and a friend of mine has fitted General Grabbers on his. Both have done quite a bit of off road work.

brian

You could try putting aftermarket mag wheels on there if you like if you are not satisfied with the wheels that the vehicle has got on now

See all Land Rover Range Rover Sport questions