Laser BD3000

3.1

Glen H

Glen HSouth East Queensland, QLD

Region Code setting problem

I have this player for a while now. I live in Australia and recently I have tried to play a blu ray from the US, which is a region A disc. Unfortunately, I have a message displayed on the screen, "This disc will not play due to the region code setting of the player".
Does anyone know what this is, and what can I do?

jamiestokle

jamiestokleSydney, NSW

Perfect if set up right

Just got this and its amazing just make sure you open the settings menu and press 8520 and the region codes will pop up it make take a few attempts to appear ,make sure the dvd region is set to 0 and press return on the remote and start playing any region dvds ,if the screen is still black press the hdmi button on the remote it the image should appear press hdmi button until you find the right screen size resoultion 720, 1080 and it stay like that

Purchased in July 2020 at Big W for A$99.00.

Buyer beware!!

This is the second of its type I have received now that is faulty it will not recognise any discs blu ray or DVD I got them to try a 3rd in the store which they ALSO COULD NOT SEEM TO GET WORKING!

Purchased in June 2020 at Big W for A$99.00.

Renee K.

Renee K.

Player not working

I bought the blu ray player two days ago and hooked it up to my tv with the hdmi cord. It goes to the main screen but when I try to play any movie it just goes black. I tried several different dvds that I know work and returned it thinking it was broken however the new one is doing the say. Any suggestions on what to try?

Purchased in May 2020 at Big W for A$99.00.

CraigPerth, WA

Don't buy one

This blueray player is a peace of rubbish vibrates & falls out of my cabinet if you're thinking of buying one don't waste of money buying one they are large paper wait

Purchased for A$99.00.

Mike ETraralgon

Product is unusable for Blu-Ray discs

Purchased in March 2019 at Harvey Norman for A$98.00.

Ron p

Ron p

Very disappointed

Faulty remote have sent email after email .last reply was did i change batteries (honestly ) i just want a new remote .first time i have used this company not happy jan

Purchased in January 2020 for A$39.00.

HarrySavage River Tasmania Australia

Let down by no slow advance operation.

This Laser BD3000 has some problems. The remote is small and difficult to operate. The on screen display is very hard to use. There is NO slow advance. In other players you can press pause and then hold the fast forward button down for a few seconds and the picture plays forward or back at half speed. This is very useful if you are reviewing a football match and want to see all the action in slow motion BUT this BD3000 player does NOT have this feature. The machine is of NO use to me and I have wasted my money by buying the thing.

Purchased in January 2020 at Kogan.com for A$125.00.

Harry

Update I payed 125.00 dollars for this Laser BD3000 and I have just found that our local Harvey-Norman has them for 95.00 dollars so it appears that with all the faults that this machine has the seller Kogan also ripped me off.

Michael L

Michael LPeel, WA

not bad for the price, remote lets it down

Bought for the multi region blu-ray and was very frustrated as my example did not do this out of the box. While a firmware update fixed this, i'm sure many out there would not think to try this and simply return it out of frustration. The remote seems very very picky about how its pointed at the unit, and the buttons feel pretty average. Playback however worked fine, with minimal vibration/noise from the unit except a small burst when initially starting. For the price, its not bad, but its most definitely a budget unit.

Purchased in December 2019 at Big W for A$99.00.

Hugh M.

Hugh M.Central Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

No longer region free for blu ray

I bought this to play blu ray movies that are unavailable in Australia because of the number of sites that described it as region free for blu ray. This might have been true in the past but it is no longer. There is no blu-ray region option available in Settings as there once was. The machine works well otherwise but is not at all high end.

Purchased in November 2019 at Big W Online Store for A$99.00.

Karl

KarlMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Laser blu ray player

excellent units, 2 friend have purchased & recommend, i purchased & found fantastic, true multi region player, small great price, 3-YEAR WARRANTY... wbat else has that.... the write ups about made-in-China... what isn't?? write ups about several units not working... like to know your real stories.... i now have a spare sitting in the box in a cupboard.... if there's any criticism, there's some vibration on blu ray playback occasionally & the start of discs... possibly as the units are so small & light & the play technology quite advanced... readily available, good value, highly recommended...

Purchased in March 2018 at The Good Guys for A$99.00.

Kim Hopkins

Kim HopkinsPerth, WA

Perfect

I read a lot of negative reviews here, don't know why, I have 3 of the Laser BD3000, never had any issues except 1 time a disc would not eject, just turned the power off and on again and no issues that was 2 years ago.
I love the fact it is a true region free Blu-Ray player and will buy another one for my dad today

Purchased in January 2017 at Officeworks for A$99.00.

MrsThrifty

MrsThriftySouth East Queensland, QLD

Excellent dvd/blu-ray/cd/media player at a very reasonable price.

Purchased in September 2017 at Big W Retail Stores for A$69.00.

exitguyaus

exitguyausGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Does what it says it's supposed to do

Bought Jun '17, Easy setup, Simple Menus, Been using since then without any issues.
Played all DVD / BD discs that have been viewed without problems, no undue noise, picture quality is VG.
Not a weighty unit by any means so would have to agree that it is probably made to a price, but what isn't these days.

Purchased in June 2017.

Geoffrey Pye

Geoffrey PyeSydney, NSW

Cheap crap

Purchased in February 2019 at The Good Guys Physical store for A$88.00.

Don't touch it.

It's cheap. It's rubbish. Door wont open second time I used it. Only thing going for it is that it's multi-region but not a lot of good if you can't use it. Better to push the boat out and buy a better brand. Most of these are made in China anyway.

Date PurchasedMar 2017
Orvis

OrvisSydney

Piece of Junk

Brand new unit broke down after a week and just a few DVD's. The problem? The unit would no longer power up.
It is supposed to have a Sony made optical pick-up, but allegedly the other components are no-name rubbish for it to fail so quickly. Not good enough Laser, this player is NOT of merchantable quality.

Date PurchasedSep 2018
Adam

AdamSydney Surrounds, NSW

disappointing

I bought two of these players because they are multi region,cheap and had good reviews.One of the players worked at first and then it didn't power on.It was brand new at the time but the power cord was very loose, took it back and swapped for another.With the second player after about 6 months the picture started shaking.When comparing image quality and colour to something even as old as a Playstation 3,which has noticeably clearer picture and much more vivid colour, the laser is considerably less sharp and the colour is much more washed out.Not worth it even if they are cheap.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018
dave

daveadel

Surprisingly very good

Laser Blu-Ray Player - Multi Region - BLU-BD3000
Got this from JB Hi-Fi they priced matched bigw price $69.00
Surprisingly very good
Overall a steel for what I paid. This is even better than all brand names it plays blue rays disk that the brand names reject. And best of all multi region I can now watch dvds from the UK and USA. I do think that all the other brands should do the same.

A friend of mine to one back to the uk and not for sale in the uk
The down side is some video formats will not play
And no apps for Netflix etc
Over all a great buy

Date PurchasedJul 2018

Vibrates too loud

The player vibrates louder then my TV on max, fair enough playing a Blu-ray but a DVD, shakes half my house. Plays just fine, shame to the picture is great but no point watching anything on it, all customers service lines I've searched for are unavailable, going in my bin.

Date PurchasedMar 2017

Alex

Alexasked

Hey so I’ve owned this product since May and it works great for me. Except twice when I’ve put on a movie sometimes The audio can get a bit fuzzy and once I turn it off and on again the audio turns back to normal.

Does anybody know what this means?

Craig

Same thing as well also it vibration when loading a disc falls out of my cabinet you will be watching a movie & the door opens for know reason rubbish 3 year warranty i sagest you take it back to were you got it & get your money back spend a little more get somthing better.

Chuckasked

Hi there. When I go to change the Region Code for Blu Ray playback, there's no option showing for that; just the Security > then options for Change Password, Parental Control, and Country Code. Is my unit faulty?

Mike E

Hi Chuck, I could not find any control for changing the region either, but when I played my DVDs from the US, they just worked straight off without my having to do anything. If yours does not do the same, then it might be a good idea to take it back to the shop and tell them.

Cheers Mike!

Craig

Take it back & get your money back there rubbish I'll be watching a movie & the door keeps opening also vibration from the unit and falls out of my cabinet.

rkswinbourn

rkswinbournasked

The dvd was playing fine. Changed disc to next in series (Hawaii 50) and it won't play. It goes to a black pade with media centre written top right. Below that in a collum is a bunch of what look like file folders on left side of the screen for the first folder theres 3dots. Below that file another file with 'all' next to it. Below is a file with photos next to it, under that music under that video. On right it just says type folder bottom left is popupeditmenu and home button exit. How do i get out of it. I don't even know how why it came up.

Craig

Take it back there rubbish

Mike E

Hi rkswinbourn, I agree with Craig. One thing that really annoys me is that the remote-control does not use standard codes. For example, if I increase the volume of my TV (using the TV remote), the DVD player picks it up as well and does a fast-forward of the film. They are just cheap Chinese junk. In the end, I went out and bought a well-known and respectable brand (Sony), and I have no problems with it at all. Take your BDS3000 back, tell them what the problems are, and demand a refund. A respectable brand will cost more, but that's life.