Laser MMC-P20PLUS Smart 4k Ultra HD Media Player

Laser MMC-P20PLUS Smart 4k Ultra HD Media Player

MPN: MMC-P20PLUS
See the Best Networked Media Players in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Laser

no digital audio output
no good sometimes unresponsive app crashes
flimsy remote much cheaper and better units at there
no digital audio output

Purchased in October 2021 at Catch for $135.00.

Sparkhunter
SparkhunterSouthern and Hills, SA

Would make a good rock

This thing is the singular biggest piece of crap I have ever come across, The company that released this utterly usless box needs to be taken out the back and shot. 3 hours were spent trying to set it up. there was no upper keyboard lock for passwords, there was not halo around icons to tell you where you were on the screen, this usless piece of rubbish would not even start freeview in full screen , even after setting the correct screen format icons were off screen and unable to be seen. Avoid anything from this company, I have purchased several "Laser" products and they are all junk. Fortunately I did not purchase this item, But Friends were sucked in, It is getting returned. Laser you should be ashamed of yourself.

Purchased in April 2021 for $149.00.

MFR
MFRAdelaide

ABSOLUTE PIECE OF RUBBISH

Toooooo slow to use.
It usually does not connect to internet (whether using wifi or ethernet cable)
Takes forever to respond to remote control commands.
Inbuilt mouse requires constant recalibrating.
Usually have to reboot it multiple times as it freezes up. (also a very slow process)
Trying to get Netflix is close to impossible.
I don't know how the manufacturer's can severely damage their reputation by selling such a piece of garbage.
I would NEVER consider buying one of their products again.
PLEASE do not buy one.

Sharni M.
Sharni M.Western Australia

I want to throw the remote at it everytime

Does not load, do not buy. We brought two hoping for a quick solution rather than buying smart TVs. You will spend half your life waiting for it to load up. Biggest piece of crap on the market. Do not buy!!! Stay as far away as possible, not even exaggerating!!

Purchased in March 2019 at Harvey Norman Online for $200.00.

Networked Media Players

Find out how Laser MMC-P20PLUS Smart 4k Ultra HD Media Player compares to other Networked Media Players

Brian
BrianGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

I'd like to say it's not the worst product I've ever bought, but that would be a lie

This piece of garbage was so slow, it could not even respond to its own remote control in anything like a remotely reasonable time (no pun intended). Keyboard strokes were either completely ignored or registered twice, which made entering passwords extra difficult. No obvious way to customise screens.

In a word - avoid!

Purchased in July 2020 at Officeworks Physical store for $151.00.

Barely works

Extremely disappointed with this. Very clunky, slow, and full of bugs. Apps freeze constantly and YouTube never worked. Taking this back to the store. Never buying this brand ever again

Purchased in May 2020 at Officeworks for $178.00.

GregH
GregHGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

A Waste Of My Money And Time Spent Waiting For This Crap Box To Load !!

Purchased at Harvey Norman.

Smart shopping tips to help you make the most of Black Friday sales

Clara V.
Clara V.15 Nov 2021
smart-shopping-tips-to-help-you-make-the-most-of-black-friday-sales
FD Estate
FD Estate

This device is so slow!

I wish I never bought this product. It is so slow and the needs resetting all the time. It fails to connect to my WIFI and keyboard and mouse. It is the sort of technology I would expect from the 1980's not something I would expect to see in 2020!
Buy at your own risk!

Purchased in January 2020 for $170.00.

Ados
AdosNorth Queensland, QLD

1 star because 0 isnt an option. SLOW. Terrible. Unusable

Slow, horrible! I'm not sure how this ever got through testing. Who decided to go ahead and make & sell 1000's of these? So Bad! Go and spend double on something decent.. AVOID!

Purchased in July 2019 at Harvey Norman for $120.00.

Fred
Fred

Not the worst $170 investment i've made but its close

I bought this product as I needed a netflix player in my bedroom and it also browses the local LAN and can stream Youtube, which was exactly what I was after. Anyway, its as slow as a wet week. The apps crash often and the firmware is super buggy. The picture quality isnt great and the GUI is not very intuitive. Its sad as it had the potential to be a good product.

Purchased in April 2020 at Big W for $169.00.

Francis Cheung
Francis CheungGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Not who's

This unit bought in April 2018 took a long time to load the apps such as Netflix or YouTube,then the message reads Netflix or YouTube is not responding,have to wait 10 mins to get tte apps to be loaded.I thought it was due to ADSL but the same problem with NBN.after 15 months it has packed up.What a waste of money.I thought in buying the unit in Australia I would get a good one but very disappointed.

Purchased in April 2018 at Appliances Direct Online for $140.00.

Nifty N.
Nifty N.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Love the concept - hate the product