Latex Mattress Australia Pure Comfort

9 questions from our users

David O
David Oasked
Pure Comfort

What price where can you buy

Support ServiceLatex Mattress Australia

Hi David, we have showrooms in Brisbane and Sydney but we also conduct consultations over the phone to help determine the best mattress for you. Pricing varies depending on the time of year and sales so please check our website for the latest pricing. www.latexmattress.com.au.

Peter
Peter

Hi David, we bought a complete double king single electric bed as well as the the mattresses at 4 Baronial St Springwood 4127. I can't remember exactly, but the whole complete bed package was over $12,000.

Sleeping Duck Mattress

Looking for Mattresses?

Read the reviews for Sleeping Duck Mattress

4,837 reviews
Ad
Sandi waddell
Sandi waddellasked
Pure Comfort

We bought a dunlopillow mattress when we were married a huge expense for us but wanted the best i think we paid $4000 in 1968. I had it recovered and finally after 40 years gave it to our neighbour who was a pensioner and appreciated it.wondeeing how much a queen size mattress is now? Thanks.

Kathy B.
Kathy B.

Latex Mattress Australia have a sale at present and the Pure Comfort Queen mattress (2nd highest comfort level) is $5,337, normally $8,895. They have a 21year guarantee which is amazing. I highly recommend them.

Support ServiceLatex Mattress Australia

Hi Sandi - it looks like Kathy B has helped you out (thanks Kathy). If there is anything else you would like to know Sandi please give us a call on 1300 759 859.

Michael and Helen
Michael and Helenasked
Pure Comfort

We have a total Latex mattress for 10 years and have loved it, with a bit of help we flip it about every 2/3 months. but it has started to sage both sides, my wife believes at 79 years of age it is causing her back to ache .
Would you give some help to how can we/I get the sagging out.
Regards
Michael

Support ServiceLatex Mattress Australia

Hi Michael, thanks for reaching out to us. It's unusual to hear that the latex is starting to sag. We would like to investigate this for you. Could you please call us on 1300 759 859 so we can look into this?

yvonne.newman.31
yvonne.newman.31asked
Pure Comfort Firm King

Are your mattresses pure latex ?

Support ServiceLatex Mattress Australia

Hi Yvonne, yes all our mattresses are only made from pure and natural latex with either a tencel or bamboo cover. You can unzip the cover and see for yourself.

michael S
michael Sasked
Pure Comfort Medium Queen

which brand is made from 100% natural rubber? What is the price range?

Support ServiceLatex Mattress Australia

Hi Michael, All of our mattresses contain 100% pure and natural latex rubber. We don't use any foams, fillers or synthetics. Could you please contact us on 07 3299 3000 to discuss your requirements. We have five mattresses in the range, and they all come in different densities. Our suggestion would depend on a number of personal factors. Kind regards, Jessica

M.kasked
Pure Comfort Firm Queen

hi there
I am looking at the firm queen as we are both over 90k. Am wondering, my partner spends a lot of time in bed due to illness. Not sure how we would go turning the mattress. if this was a problem would it limit the life of the mattress and eventually leave the sag in the bed more quicker

Support ServiceLatex Mattress Australia

Hi M.K, sorry that this message was missed. Yes, we do recommend turning the mattress regularly to allow the latex to recover and ensure you get the full 21 year guarantee. Our latex mattress is flexible so with two people you can fold in half and flip the other half under. If you have any trouble at all, feel free to call one of our sleep specialists on 07 3299 3000 and they can give you some tips and tricks.

Sleeping Duck Mattress

Looking for Mattresses?

Read the reviews for Sleeping Duck Mattress

4,837 reviews
Ad
Pamela
Pamelaasked
Pure Comfort

Love the mattress but hate the heat output we get. What can we do about the heat it is very uncomfortable to sleep with. I have put a cotton padded under lay on it but still doesn't help. I have baled out and sleeping on our old mattress as I can't stand the heat. My husband still sleeps on it but I don't for much longer. We are thinking of returning it as the heat build is very uncomfortable.

S and L
S and L

Hi Pamela
Sorry, but you'd have to ask the people at Latex Matress. I don't know what you can do about heat.
I hope you can get it fixed
Cheers

Yarramlea3091
Yarramlea3091

Hi Pamela,
Sorry you are not happy with your mattress, we are in Victoria and have not had a problem with heat, we have our old woolen underlay on our bed not sure if that helps. Good luck.

John S.
John S.

Hi Pamela. We had a string of pocketed-coil mattresses from one manufacturer over a long period and were very happy. We changed bed furniture and decided to go to a queen size mattress and after much research etc. were talked into an expensive solid latex brand. Right from the start it has been too hot (all seasons Victoria). Very comfortable and occasional back problems disappeared however we should have returned the mattress. Have tried all sorts of overlays to solve the problem with varying degrees of success. After too many years of "suffering" we decided to swap mattresses with our spare bed - $500 worth - about a tenth of the price. While not as comfortable we have instantly received much better sleep. We are not waking up every couple of hours and rolling to find a cooler area. Mind you the latex mattress also retains the cold as you find when you roll over! The cheap mattress does not feel as cold where you have not been lying. Big decision now is do we stay with the cheap mattress and subject guests to the latex problem or do we purchase a another pocketed-coil and throw our very expensive white elephant? Those purchasing need to be aware of the heat problem - we will certainly not buy anything with latex again.

williammarsh
williammarshasked
Pure Comfort

Is there a stockist in Ballina NSW?

Rita
Rita

Hi! On their website this is the only NSW shop: MOSMAN (NSW) - 02 9969 0469.

Jezzabel
Jezzabel

Hi William Marsh,
the closest store to you is in Underwood- Brisbane. That's roughly a 2 hour drive. good luck

Jasmine
Jasmineasked
Pure Comfort

Hello, thanks for your informative feedback. I personally found latex unnaturally hot. It makes me sweat like when we wear synthetic clothing to bed. Are you experiencing this problem? Also what is "natural" latex made from?

Gragra
Gragra

Latex is the sap from the Hevea Brasiliensis (rubber) tree. I have owned two latex mattresses. One was hot and the other wasn't. I suspect the hot one was blended or synthetic latex. Much of the latex sold today is blended with fillers and hardeners to lower the cost. LMA make their mattresses from 100% pure latex and I don't find the mattress I bought from them hot at all.

hamic
hamic

A big problem is terminology and it is unfortunate that the terminology is quite confusing and deceptive which makes it difficult to know if the latex is 100% natural and 100% from a rubber tree - I think this confusion is on purpose by the manufacturers to try and hide the fact that they might not be 100% natural. Some definitions:

100% pure latex = could have any latex in it natural or synthetic - eg pure syntheric latex and pure 100% natural latex - see how both are "pure". tricky huh.

natural latex = has natural latex in it but can (most probably does) also have synthetic latex in it. I have seen at least one major manufacturer "latexco" claim that their mattresses which contain 85% natural latex from a tree and 15% synthetic latex can be called "natural latex". So dodgy and deceptive.

100% natural latex = I am really hoping this means it has only natural latex from a tree and nothing else - but not really sure. I suppose it could mean that 100% of the mattress is natural latex which using the definition above means that it might only contain 85% natural latex from a tree and 15% synthetic latex? I really hope it does not mean that.

"using the finest materials, including 100% pure & natural latex" = no idea - this could mean different things depending on how you read it. Does it mean that the latex layer is 100% natural latex from a tree - maybe - maybe not. It could mean it includes 100% pure latex as an ingredient (note pure does not necessarily mean natural) and also natural latex as an ingredient and also other ingredients perhaps. It is so vague and open to interpretation.

I think with any of these vague claims you have to be a detective and ask specific questions from the sellers in writing. Such as:

- Is the latex in your mattress 100% natural latex from a rubber tree?
- Is there any synthetic latex in the mattress?
- Is there any fillers in the latex or it is 100% pure natural latex from a rubber tree with nothing else in it.
- If you tell me the mattress is 100% natural latex from a rubber tree, and I receive a mattress that has a chemical smell will you take it back at your expense and refund all the money (I have read that synthetic latex might have a chemical smell initially, 100% natural latex might have a rubber smell initially - don't know if true).
- If you tell me the mattress is 100% natural latex from a rubber tree, and I receive a mattress that holds too much heat will you take it back at your expense and refund all the money (I have read that synthetic latex might hold too much heat, 100% natural latex might not - don't know if true).

I wish these shops and manufacturers held themselves to proper standards so this was not necessary.

Get an answer from our members and Latex Mattress Australia representatives