La Trobe Financial Services Questions & Answers

35 questions from our users

Gary Jasked

I wish to invest $100000 long term (5 years+) Can i visit your collins st offices as i work opposite? Gary

Gary J

Thank you for reaching out. Of course you can visit our office. We are located at Level 25, 333 Collins Street. If you would like to make an appointment with one of our friendly investment team members, they would welcome the opportunity and lock-in a time to meet with you. Please call 1800 818 818.

Cool. Thanks

Velice

Veliceasked

How safe is to invest in the la trobe financial

Dear Velice,

Thank you for reaching out. We have been in business since 1952. We have focused on our asset class of mortgages for over 7 decades. We have an experienced team, with over 380 staff with offices in Melbourne, Sydney, Shanghai and Hong Kong. We have a track record of performance and one of our flagship products - our 12 Month Investment Term has been judged by reputable finance journal, Money magazine as the Best Credit Fund - Mortgages for 11 Years in a row. We have also recently been rated "Superior" by Australia Ratings for our operational capability assessment, and we are very proud of this report as it reflects all the hard work dedicated by our staff. To learn more, we invite you to visit our website www.latrobefinancial.com and you will find further details on our background, investment products and our rating reports. You may also wish to consider speaking to a financial planner.

All the very best,

Richard Drabowicz
Richard Drabowicz

over one year now with several P2P and term deposit, very happy , all spot on and very precises

Patti

Pattiasked

I wish to invest a substantial amount without going through an advisor. Have downloaded forms, filled in, photocopied license but need to know who can certify this. Do I email all this paperwork back to you or must it be posted?

caterina n.La Trobe Financial Services

Dear Patti - thank you for reaching out. Our Product Disclosure Statement outlines the process for the documentation. You may find it on our website. We would also be happy to assist you first thing on Monday morning. You can call us on 1800 818 818 to speak with one of our Account Managers or alternatively, you can send your number via a private mode and we can arrange for one our team to call you directly. Thank you La Trobe Financial Team.

Zdravko K.

Zdravko K.asked

The 5.05% for 12mths guaranteed rate?

Dear Zdravko,
Thank you for reaching out. As we mentioned below to James, we are not a bank, and so we cannot guarantee. However, we do have 67 years' experience. Our Credit Fund with over 40,000 members is over $4.2 billion assets under management. One of our flagship products - our 12 Month Term Investment has been judged the Best in Australia for ten consecutive years, so I would welcome you to learn more about our products and you may wish to speak to your financial adviser as well. Visit www.latrobefinancial.com to view our Product Disclosure Statement or why not call our friendly investment team on 13 80 10. All the very best, La Trobe Financial

Zdravko K.

Zdravko K.asked

The 5.05% for 12mths a guaranteed rate?

James T.

James T.asked

Are they Government gauranteed

Dear James,
Thank you for reaching out. We are not a bank, we cannot guarantee. However, we do have 67 years' experience. Our Credit Fund with over 40,000 members is over $4.2 billion assets under management. One of our flagship products - our 12 Month Term Investment has been judged the Best in Australia for ten consecutive years, so I would welcome you to learn more about our products and you may wish to speak to your financial adviser as well. Visit www.latrobefinancial.com to view our Product Disclosure Statement or why not call our friendly investment team on 13 80 10. All the very best, La Trobe Financial

Elaine Kenworthy

Elaine Kenworthyasked

I would like to know information re investing With La trobe.

Dear Elaine,
Thank you for reaching out. We would welcome you to call our Investment Team directly on 1800 818 818. They would welcome an opportunity to speak with you. I will alert them that you have reached us through this Platform. You may also wish to visit our website and read our Product Disclosure Statement that outlines our products, research reports and awards. click here to learn more: https://www.latrobefinancial.com/Investors

Alternatively, you may wish to send us your contact details in private and we can call you directly.

Kind regards, La Trobe Financial Team

henry o

henry oasked

do you have any offices

Dear Henry,
Thank you for reaching out. Yes, we have offices in Melbourne, Sydney, Shanghai and Hong Kong. To view full details, please visit our website and learn more - click here: https://www.latrobefinancial.com.au/Home/Contact

We also have Senior Manger Client Partnerships located in Queensland, Sydney, Melbourne, South Australia and Western Australia. More details for your local contact may be found on our website under partnership managers for both our finance and investment teams, depending on what you are looking for. With kind regards, La Trobe Financial Team.

Angela

Angelaasked

I was going to invest with this company but now I see all the reviews. Thanks everyone for the warning. I'll stay away.

Doraasked

Latrobe could you please explain why not all variable home loans are entitled to the interest rate cut ? . Why is there a 12 month qualifying period before variable home loans qualify for interest rates cuts and please explain why even then we may not qualify for a cut
Shouldn’t you pass on rate cuts to all variable rate home loans not only certain one ? How can one qualify and others don’t ? Aren’t variable rate home loans the same across the board? Can you Please explain why that is ?
It’s a question many are asking

I’m still waiting on a reply to my question that was posted 10 days ago
I have emailed Latrobe several times asking the same , with no reply
We have 3 loans with them , interest rates have been cut twice and no interest rate cut to any of our loans
Please explain Latrobe Financial

Dear Dianne,
Apologies, as we did not see this question. Please can you send your telephone number privately and we will arrange for one of our senior Credit Analysts to call you directly. If you can send through the loan numbers as well, so that we can understand the situation before we call you.

Dora

Honestly why can’t the answer to my question be written here ? There should not be a situation to understand. If we are on a variable interest rate the rates should drop according to the rate cuts . I’ve been told after a 12 month qualifying period our rates will be reviewed and then there is no promise they will get cut . And if they were to be reduced it would come at a cost to us . Why? So they are predicting another 2 rate cuts before Christmas so this means still no rate cut to our loans . The last 2 rate cuts have not been passed on to us because apparently we do not qualify for a cut . It’s absolutely disgusting the way Latrobe works
Pass on the interest rate cuts to all of your customers , how are families meant to get ahead when your interest rates are so high ?
And your fees for making extra repayments by direct deposit , $2.50 per additional repayment on top of your $15 monthly charge what a disgrace there’s no extra work involved on your end
The $2.50 charge is not even disclosed in our contract but again I’m told it’s a fee Latrobe charge

Peet B.

Peet B.asked

Term deposit rates

Jonah W.
Jonah W.

Forever will I be grateful to jason anonymous hackers for their financial help they have being rendering me through their hack transfer. This is far better than loan because there is no collateral demanded... I just received another $54,948 through their hack transfer . Visit their website right now @ www.jasonanonymoushacker.wordpress.com to deal with them. They are amazing.

She

Sheasked

Could La Teobe please tell me how late payment fees (arrears are calculated

Dear She,

Thank you for your enquiry. Please can you call our Customer Service Team on 13 80 10 and they would be pleased to assist you with your question.

Kind regards,

Hi, I am an investor customer of la trobe. You better ask the company. Thanx

Paul Tabouris

Paul Tabourisasked

Interest rates for term deposit

Dear Paul,

We do not offer term deposits, as we are a non-bank. Please feel free to visit our website www.latrobefinancial.com or call our friendly investment team on 1800 818 818.

Regards,

Anthony Kerron

Anthony Kerronasked

term deposits

Alan

Alanasked

I would like to invest $350000.00with La Trobe at 5.05%.It says on your website that the rates are variable over 12 months.What exactly does this mean?

Dear Alan,
The 12 Month Term Account has a fixed 12 month term with a variable rate of return within each term. We would welcome you to speak directly with one of our friendly investment experts, for them to explain further. Please call 1800 818 818. They would be delighted to assist you.
Regards, La Trobe Financial Team

liz

Hi alan, I am an investor like you. I invested p2p program which gives 7.3% interest currently.
Research your options.
I spoke with senio, he was extremely helpful, I recommend him
Good luck

Dear Liz,
Thank you for taking the time to publish your comment. We will ensure that Senio receives your comment.
Best Regards, La Trobe Financial Team

STUART ADOUasked

Hi I’m self employed I want to refinance for low doc only as I’m with rams .. I wanna top up some cash and pay some bills and loans what the best interest rate as my one at the moment %4.7

STUART ADOU

Hi I want to refinance my home loan from rams which is low doc %4.7 and top up some cash to pay bills loans credit cards .,do you yours guys at la trop finance have low dock loans reasonable interest rates plz let me know

caterina n.La Trobe Financial Services

Dear Stuart, Thank you for your enquiry. If you can send us your phone details by private message we will arrange for one of our team to call you. Regards, La Trobe Financial Team

DHARMA

DHARMAasked

Your rate for term deposits

caterina n.La Trobe Financial Services

Hello Dharma, we are not a bank and so we do not provide term deposits. We do however offer investment products through our Credit Fund. One of our flag-ship products, the 12 Month Investment Term currently at 5.20%pa. variable has been judged by reputable finance journal, Money magazine as the Best Of the Best in Australia and ten years in a row. To understand more, we welcome you to call one of our friendly investment team on 1800 818 818. or alternatively you may wish to visit our website www.latrobefinancial.com.au and read our Product Disclosure Statement that will explain in more detail the number of investment products that we offer. We hope this was helpful. La Trobe Financial Team

SNK

SNKasked

Could you please advise if it is common practice for Latrobe to provide and disclose construction loan (residential) progress payment schedule terms to applicants prior to application being accepted or upon an indicative offer being granted?

I've heard that the progress payment schedule imposed by Latrobe for a residential construction loans under $900K are not accepted by any Project Builders nor is Latrobes progress payment schedule negotiable meaning that the success of getting a builder to work with you is difficult when finance is coming from Latrobe.

If I was to apply for a construction loan when would I find out the progress payment schedule applicable as I cannot see it anywhere online. When would one get informed of this information in the loan application process generally?

ABC67
ABC67

Sorry, can’t assist, as I have only invested with La Trobe.

caterina n.La Trobe Financial Services

Dear SNK, thank you for reaching out.

May we note that we make Progress Payments in accordance with Industry Standard in each state eg Deposit (5%), Slab Stage (10%), Frame Stage (15%), Lock Up Stage (35%), Fixing Stage (25%), and Completion Stage (10%).

We welcome you to call our office on 13 80 10 and speak with Mark in our Construction department. We have already informed him to expect your call. All the very best, the La Trobe Financial Team.

Michael

Michaelasked

are your term deposit secured like as bank ?

Suzanne A.
Suzanne A.

Are term deposits for 12 months and as secure as a bank

caterina n.La Trobe Financial Services

Hello Suzanne. Our award-winning 12 Month Term Account offers rolling 12 month investment terms and we have other investment products with shorter or longer terms to suit you. We are different to the banks and you are welcome to speak directly with one of our Account Managers on 1800 818 818. Best regards, La Trobe Financial Team

Gerard c
Gerard c

But are they secure.....?

She