La Trobe Financial Services

La Trobe Financial Services (page 2 of 4)

• Loan TypeVariable Rate (12)
  • Application Process
  • Timeliness
  • Loan used for:
    • Investment Property (7)
    • Refinancing (4)
    • Second Home (1)
    • First Home (1)
  • Loan Term22.556 years (9)
  • Online Tools

Andrew

AndrewIllawarra, NSW

Great Service

Very happy with La Trobe. They have worked hard to provide great service and support. The staff went out of their way to keep us in the loop regarding the entire loan process and exceeded our expectations.

Application Process
Loan TypeVariable Rate
Loan Start DateFebruary 2019
Loan used for:Refinancing
caterina n.La Trobe Financial Services

Dear Andrew, Thank you for taking the time to share your comment and we are pleased that we delivered over and above for you. From Team La Trobe Financial

Thomas

Thomas

Policies & solutions driven, smooth process. Not rate.

Very open minded and responsible lending policy filled the gaps that big fours left. La Trobe Financial has been helping quite a few of my clients to save their settlement, refinance, or building their dream home. Really appreciate your business partnership.

Dear Thomas,
Thank you for taking the time to write your comment. We strive to help as many Australian realise their financial dreams. Regards, La Trobe Financial Team.

Lee Coleman

Lee ColemanSydney, NSW

Very good investment

I have money invested with La trobe . I am a construction worker and have not much knowledge of the financial world and its lingo .... they were very helpful and took the time to explain . So far I have earnt so much more intrest than my bank deposits . I will be investing more with them .

caterina n.La Trobe Financial Services

Great home loan experience thanks to staff

We were under some serious time constraints when purchasing 2 investment properties through a unit trust. While initially facing some issues wiwitwiwith financing, some key la trobe team members (Caine White specifically) went out of their way to ensure settlements was pushed through with more than daily check ins with me. This stopped us from being issued with legal proceedings. Friendly and responsive staff can make all the difference in a stressful settlement process.

Our home

This company are rude and arrogant, BEWARE!!! they care nothing for customers I was told they cared nothing for me that their investors were paramount and as I had a loan they would take my home/farm I told them I would appeal to the banking ombudsman and was told they don't fall under them.. But I'm no fool the financial ombudsman got them for me they hit you with fees, fees, fees please BEWARE and don't deal with them that way you won't get burned...

Stay away you have been warned!

Zara

ZaraSydney

Bad choice to go with LaTrobe the RIP OFF!!!!

Since joining LaTrobe about a year & a half ago, which is my BIGGEST regret, interest rates increased before I can make the 1sr installment, not to mention the initial admin & loan fees (nearly had a stroke), then after that interest rates went up like 3 times within a year.
Oh & get this.....They even charge you for making regular loan payments, I need to save myself & refinance elsewhere ASAP!!!!
Extremely disappointed, I wouldn't recommend LaTrobe to my worst enemy.

Debbie

Debbiepooraka

HOME LOAN WITH LA TROBE

Steve D

Steve D

Avoid at all costs - dreadful company

Avoid LaTrobe at all costs - Fees are astronomical and rates are miles above market. They send nasty texts even when you've paid you installments

Roe

Roeparmelia

Fast Settlement

I needed to get a home loan settled fast and I didn't give La Trobe much time to do everything.
Other banks wouldn't take on the loan so I was I was running out of time.
It took some time to get through the valuation and approval process.
But once we were unconditional, we settled within 48 hours - thanks to Caine and his team.

caterina n.La Trobe Financial Services

2 Rate hikes in 1 year!!! Ridiculous loan shark policies should be investigated by ROYAL COMMISSION

I've had my loan with LaTrobe for just over a year. In that time they have jacked up my rates TWICE! The first time they did there was no notice so my weekly repayment was short and I had to pay fees to cover it. The second time they send me a letter saying that "due to increased lending costs" they have HAD to increase my rates. So now I'm paying over $800 a month extra thanks to LaTrobe's "increased lending costs"

I'm self-employed which is why I ended up with LaTrobe in the first place. Re-financing with a major and saving myself close to $1200 a month.

Legal criminals

SheSouth West, QLD

Unfair Misconduct

Loan TypeVariable Rate

Avoid avoid avoid

Ridiculous interest rate. Fees for everything and not cheap. Changed to one of the.big banks and our mortgage virtually halved. Sold into it by a broker. Be wary brokers obviously get good comms from them but you pay it.

Staggeringly excellent post approval service

As a broker, a difficult post approval issue came up for a client. With other lenders this would have delayed settlement for least a couple of weeks costing the client over $4000 in penalty interest.
A few phone calls to Caine White of LaTrobe sorted this out in a couple of hours, with settlement now going to take place in just a day or so. Client and myself are overjoyed, and Caine White & Mark Hood of LaTrobe deserve a massive thank you. GIve those guys a well deserved bonus!!

Annabelle

AnnabelleSydney

Good quality service

I am very happy with their service and they very efficient .they keep posted on how the matter progressing which is very assuring . Highly recommend.Excelent service

caterina n.La Trobe Financial Services

Dear Annabelle, Thank you for taking the time to posting your feedback. We are delighted that we achieved this comment, as we stand by our service to our customers. Best regards, La Trobe Financial Team

Worst Company I've ever dealt with

Please RUN AWAY from 'LotTroble'

Their rates goes up to 7.44, and will overcharge you $1600 because they can not find your security doc and change the settlement time with your new bank. Another ridicules thing is they only give you maximum 1 hour to settle and do not notice you in advance. Then, you will be late and pay the late fees.

Excellent service

I had a week to complete my finance on the perfect retirement property.together Bryce, Ashley,Caine finalised my finance without any hassles. I have been provided with outstanding professional service by La Trobe. Thank you so much for getting me into my retirement villa. Much appreciated kindest regards Pam

caterina n.La Trobe Financial Services

Dear Pam, Thank you for taking the time to posting your feedback. We are delighted to help you reach your financial goal and achieve the retirement villa. All the very best, La Trobe Financial Team.

Benjamin

BenjaminHunter Region, NSW

Waits of time

La Trobe is probably the worst loan brokers that I have ever delt with. My family and I put in a loan application and have done everything that has been asked of us to get it but they just keep coming up with stuff to make it so much harder than it should. So after all that we are told by La Trobe that we must wait another day until it can be finalised and that we could get the money for the house that we all so exited for. But no that was to hard. Everyday they would tell us that it will be another day and than those days became weeks and we have had enough. To this very day we are still waiting for it to be signed of by one person. DEFINITELY DO NOT RECOMMEND!!!

See all La Trobe Financial Services reviews

Allan B

Allan Basked

Currently investing in a 12 month term investment.
What are the possibility on getting monthly or 6 monthly interest payments?

Allan,

Thank you for reaching out. Please call our friendly Investment Team Directly on 1800 818 818 and they will be more than happy to assist you with this request.

Gary Jasked

I wish to invest $100000 long term (5 years+) Can i visit your collins st offices as i work opposite? Gary

Gary J

Thank you for reaching out. Of course you can visit our office. We are located at Level 25, 333 Collins Street. If you would like to make an appointment with one of our friendly investment team members, they would welcome the opportunity and lock-in a time to meet with you. Please call 1800 818 818.

Cool. Thanks

Velice

Veliceasked

How safe is to invest in the la trobe financial

Dear Velice,

Thank you for reaching out. We have been in business since 1952. We have focused on our asset class of mortgages for over 7 decades. We have an experienced team, with over 380 staff with offices in Melbourne, Sydney, Shanghai and Hong Kong. We have a track record of performance and one of our flagship products - our 12 Month Investment Term has been judged by reputable finance journal, Money magazine as the Best Credit Fund - Mortgages for 11 Years in a row. We have also recently been rated "Superior" by Australia Ratings for our operational capability assessment, and we are very proud of this report as it reflects all the hard work dedicated by our staff. To learn more, we invite you to visit our website www.latrobefinancial.com and you will find further details on our background, investment products and our rating reports. You may also wish to consider speaking to a financial planner.

All the very best,

Richard Drabowicz
Richard Drabowicz

over one year now with several P2P and term deposit, very happy , all spot on and very precises

Get an answer from our members and La Trobe Financial Services representatives