La Trobe Financial Services

La Trobe Financial Services (page 3 of 4)

• Loan TypeVariable Rate (11)
  • Application Process
  • Timeliness
  • Loan used for
    • Investment Property (7)
    • Refinancing (4)
    • Second Home (1)
    • First Home (1)
  • Loan Term22.556 years (9)
  • Online Tools
Benjamin

BenjaminHunter Region, NSW

Waits of time

La Trobe is probably the worst loan brokers that I have ever delt with. My family and I put in a loan application and have done everything that has been asked of us to get it but they just keep coming up with stuff to make it so much harder than it should. So after all that we are told by La Trobe that we must wait another day until it can be finalised and that we could get the money for the house that we all so exited for. But no that was to hard. Everyday they would tell us that it will be another day and than those days became weeks and we have had enough. To this very day we are still waiting for it to be signed of by one person. DEFINITELY DO NOT RECOMMEND!!!

Efficient and timely

T and L

T and LHelidon

La Trobe Financial loan, waste your money

I gave them 1 star ONLY BECAUSE I HAD TO, I would have preferred to give them NO STAR rating.
We attained a SMSF home loan through a broker who UNFORTUNATELY used this company in late 2015. since then the monthly payments (interest rates) have gone up 4 times, increasing the monthly payments by $159. On top of this they asked for our insurance certificate of currency each year and when they get that from us they charge us $50 to receive it plus they charge a $300 per year fee to have the loan. They also charge a monthly fee to the account on top of the outrageously high interest rate.
THEY ARE NOTHING BUT A RIP OFF!!!
no wonder we are looking to refinance elsewhere.

Silverpossum

SilverpossumSydney

Fees

We are wondering why we have been charge for Application fee of $6405.00
I have emailed to one of their staff, replied with the answer "Application fee"
My accountant was shocked to see our account and asked if we had loan with them before, we said no this is first time and it was not good after all. We think the interest rate is far too high even the interest rate has been down for some time...I've send email to "Financial services ombudsman" to see what they say. If they don't refunded half of the fee, perhaps we change banks !!

Steve

SteveBrisbane

Worst decision ever

When refinancing, La trobe failed to bring discharge papers to settlement and even though anpay out figure was calculated, they still deducted money from the account.
After settlement was made, La trobe assured me accounts were closed, yet had deductions from my account 2 weeks in a row.
Requested for Settlement Statement after
Numerous e-mails and was very slow to respond to only give a 6 month settlement statement and not entirety of loan.
Very un professional and unorganized organization

Andre and Yuliya

Andre and Yuliya

Dishonest organisation. Very expensive mistake

Borrowed from them in Feb last year at 6.29%. Today they are charging me 7.14% which thet say us the result of their increased costs of funding. In the meantime the RBA rate has fallen from 2% to 1.5% and the major banks are charging around 5.9% on investmrnt loans. Exit penalties for Latrobe are extreme so buyer beware on this one.

Latrobe financial services are a disgrace to the financial services industry

Profiteering and raising interest rates hiding behind raised bank rates is just a blatant lie. Financial services onbudsmen will be hearing from us. It's nothing but a criminal Act

BIG BAD BILLO

BIG BAD BILLOSouth East Queensland, QLD

LOAN SHARKS YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED

Got a loan through a broker 3 years ago only to find out after that Latrobe SHARK financial services charged us 14K in entry fees just to get the loan. Charged 7.5% interest rate and even after asking every year for a reduction as we hadn't missed a payment and were 20K ahead they refused. Don't believe the add on TV that are award winners haha winner of the SHARK LOANS you mean. Asked for the title to be sent to a Land Title office to have something removed to be told their fees for posting it we about $800. You have been warned again STAY AWAY FROM THESE LOAN SHARKS

KV DisgruntledKangaroo Valley

Late Fees are ridiculous. Continues Misleading and Deceptive Conduct..time to go to the regulators!

Find out how La Trobe Financial Services compares to other Home Loans

Great experience applying for a home loan

Over a period of around nine months we applied for a home loan & found La Trobe in Melbourne to be very helpful in all aspects of submitting the loan application. The staff were all very helpful and our application was successful. Being self employed the banks just weren't interested but La Trobe did not hesitate. Top marks to all the staff involved in taking our application to a successful conclusion. This is the second time we have obtained a home loan from La Trobe which also was a great experience.

caterina n.La Trobe Financial Services

Dear Barry, Thank you for taking the time to send us your feedback. We are delighted that we were able to help you achieve your goals a second time round! All the very best - Team La Trobe Financial.

Late payments fees are ridiculous !!

would not recommend these guys to anyone ! No empathy for customers with first time late payment but a slap of $790 late payment fee! did not want to listen or negotiate the issue just advised I will be slapped with a late payment fee!!!!!!

LeeArmstrong Creek

Late fee charge

be careful not to be late with a mortgage payment ever. A $1350 mortgage late fee will cost you $750 in late payment fee..
no empathy, no customer service skills
Financial service needs a major overhaul.

Lee

Another interest rate rise 7.62%... disgusting, shame on you.

Amoura

AmouraSydney

I'm really grateful happy and glead that there is a lander like latrob deal and treat people as a cl

caterina n.La Trobe Financial Services

Hello Amoura, Thank you for taking the time to send us your feedback. We are delighted that we were able to help you achieve your goals! All the very best - Team La Trobe Financial.

Bald1

Bald1Hobart

Should be shut down

Had a low doc loan with them 10 years ago , they were increasing interest rates during the term of the loan at a time rates were going down.
I refinanced when I could to a bank, after settlement got a 10 percent charge for refinancing and the threat of legal action if I did not pay , which was Close to $ 10000 extra charge after settlement. Lucky it was a small loan of $100000 at the time. Just seen them advertising and think you should be warned

Nev from gippsland

Hi, I had a loan with Latrobe via a broker from Warragul. It is the worst thing I've done in my life. I got out of this after 3 months and their charges for this cost over ten thousand dollars. I can advise that they are no good and please pursue other groups to borrow
Regards, nev

Run away shysters

HollySouth East Queensland, QLD

Predatory Lenders!!! BEWARE!

Holly

So interest rates have gone up AGAIN!!! Every few months.
I hope everyone has filed a complaint with the Royal Commission. It's not too late.

caterina n.La Trobe Financial Services

Dear Holly, we invite you to call our Customer Services team directly on 13 80 10 to address your concerns. I will notify them of your call first thing Monday morning. Regards, La Trobe Financial Team

Carlotta

Carlottamelbourne

excellent team

We have been very fortunate to use La Trobe Financial. We were stuck with a dilemma and in meeting our settlement around Easter. If it was not for their team effort, we would not be able to enter our new home within a very tight deadline and during Easter Holidays. Full praise go to the efforts of their very senior Credit Analysts who stuck by us throughout each step and helped us through a very stressful time indeed. I highly recommend, that if you are looking for exceptional service then La Trobe Financial is your right partner.

caterina n.La Trobe Financial Services

Hello Carlotta, Thank you for taking the time to send us your feedback. We are delighted that we were able to help you achieve your goals! All the very best - Team La Trobe Financial.

Jenny Fuller

Jenny FullerNSW, 2148

Beware!!!

We have the unfortunate issue of trying to get a bad mortgage investment refunded for my fathers' deceased estate. This company is the most arrogant, unethical company I've ever had to deal with. Their lack of communication is amazing and I'd advise you to go elsewhere.
How they got their "Awards" as advertised on their website is beyond me.
I'm reticent to even give them one star!!

John777888

John777888Sydney, NSW

Warning: Leeches

I had the unfortunate experience of taking out a La Trobe Home Loan. When I discovered the hidden fees and challenged them about them, they were arrogant, evasive and dismissive. Then I discovered their penalty fees for paying out a loan early! I chose to pay out the loan and incur the penalties rather than continue to be sucked dry. I suggest anyone considering a LaTrobe loan looks elsewhere.

See all La Trobe Financial Services reviews

Dora

Doraasked

Hello Latrobe Financial,
Could you please advise what measures you are offering your lenders during this COVID19 Crisis ? Other institutions has offered rate cuts to both variable and Fixed . We have had nothing from Latrobe . The RBA has issued Emergency Rate Cuts to help individuals out , Will you be passing these rate cuts on to the borrowers ? You keep mentioning there are a range of factors as to why we don't qualify for a rate cut , surely at a uncertain time like now you would do the right thing and help our the borrowers by passing on any rate cuts available . Our interest rate is currently higher than your advertised rate , why haven't the rates been passed on ?
I await your reply

She
She

Dora,,, all I can say is... ASIC really needs to investigate this bank....

Allan B

Allan Basked

Currently investing in a 12 month term investment.
What are the possibility on getting monthly or 6 monthly interest payments?

Allan,

Thank you for reaching out. Please call our friendly Investment Team Directly on 1800 818 818 and they will be more than happy to assist you with this request.

La Trobe Financial Team

Gary Jasked

I wish to invest $100000 long term (5 years+) Can i visit your collins st offices as i work opposite? Gary

Gary J

Thank you for reaching out. Of course you can visit our office. We are located at Level 25, 333 Collins Street. If you would like to make an appointment with one of our friendly investment team members, they would welcome the opportunity and lock-in a time to meet with you. Please call 1800 818 818.

La Trobe Financial Team