2.2

ABC67

ABC67Perth, WA

Zero Communication

Have a Classic Notice account and switched some of the funds to 12 month fixed account. At NO time did La Trobe make contact(each account has an account manager) or disclose the actual maturity date, so you can make an informed decision to reinvest or not. La Trobe state that it is on the original PDS, but leave it up to the individual to advise them in at least 30 days prior to maturity. Seriously, what a shonky way to operate.
Considering it is a financial services company and given all the bad press they have received, you would think they would be more open, honest and transparent????

Loan TypeFixed Rate
sentinel88

sentinel88South East Queensland, QLD

An example of slowness to the nth degree

I am glad I don't have a loan with or applying for one with this company. Our home is on the market and our buyers are unfortunately appying for a loan with them. All inspections have passed. Now we have a second request for an extension. I don't know how many buyers we have missed out on through the slowness of the application process. Applicants beware, do your homework. To cap it all off one of the strengths they spruick on the website is: You guessed it! Fast applications! HA. More like snail processing.

Update: the day after I posted this review our buyers qualified for finance. I think it was coincidental.

herlinc69

herlinc69Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

La Trobe struggles in Loan Processes

Taking two weeks to process a home loan and still no answer on an indicative offer. Looking at a 46% LVR and still they cannot provide answer on the application for a loan. They seem to struggle with their loan processes, im glad i got approved with Nab and they took one day to process and got an indication offer. Looks like LA Trobe Financial are incompentent.

Don’t go with Latrobe it’s Honey trap

Honey trap don’t get any kind of loan from them, you will be trap after and before loans, very bad service, very disappointed from Latrobe, please please don’t go with them

NickSydney Surrounds, NSW

Refinance Loan Application

This company is a disgrace after 4 months of paperwork and 2 valuations costing over $1000.00 on a property that i was trying to refinance no one would answer my questions and the staff had no commercial reality. How they could manage millions of investors money is beyond me. I would never recommend these lenders to anyone just time wasters.

Loan used forRefinancing
Corrine

CorrineSydney

Interest rate on smsf loans just horrendous

Terrible service. Shocking fees interest rate was put up one extra percent a couple weeks prior to settlement so we were held hostage in having to agree or loose 1000’s which they knew. Worst possible company you could ever deal with. Do not ever borrow money from this lot

IAN

IANGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Investment withdraw REJECTED!!!!

SheSouth West, QLD

Question Late Fee Calculations

Like myself, I suggest all past & present customers question what methodology is used by La Trobe to calculate late payment fees... continuous requests for an answer, see la Trobe been silent & refusing to answer... ain’t we entitled to as borrowers to question any transactions on our statements

She

La Trobe, no you won’t contact me... iv been asking this question for 18 months with still no answer....

David

DavidSydney, NSW

Never use this bank

I have been trying to discharge from Latrobe for over a month now, it has been nothing but hard work. No help given, no answers just la trobe blaming everyone else and holding onto the money for as long as possible to help there interest!
In the mean time I’ve lost out on possible family homes for myself and my wife due to the poor customer service and dis-interest in simply doing there job!
Highly recommend to stay away from this company unless it’s a last resort!
Will be glad never to deal with these people again.

David,
We take your comments here seriously. Would you please send us your contact number (in private mode) and we will arrange for one of our Team to call you directly.

Zack W

Zack WGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Avoid at all costs

I highly recommend finding anyone else besides La Trobe to finance your home loan with. Their customer serviceability is abysmal and they have no intention of helping you whatsoever.
Avoid at all costs.

Loan used forRefinancing

Dear Zack,
We take these comments very seriously. If you can send us your contact details privately, we can then contact you and learn more as to how we can address the issues you have raised here.
Regards, La Trobe Financial Team

Alex

AlexPerth, WA

Avoid, Avoid, Avoid

Terrible lender. Very poor rates and even worse fees. If you want to discharge a variable loan for example, it is 3 x months interest plus about $2k in fees. I'm sure ASIC will have a field day with them at some point.

Loan Start DateJuly 2017

Dear Alex,
We take your concerns very seriously. Would it be possible to send us your contact details in private and we will call you to discuss and investigate your situation further. Regards, La Trobe Financial Team

Chris G.

Chris G.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Worst Financial Institution ever

Be careful of all late payment fees, they are almost the same amount as the Interest charged each month, therefore leaving no way of catching up on any arrears. We had to sell our investment property (brought through our SMSF) due to the accumulation of late fees. Then when we sold we were charged an early discharge fee on top of all the other fees - only sold because of all their fees. They also charge a higher interest rate and then a monthly account service fee.

Michael XT R.

Michael XT R.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Worst lender ever! Stay away!

Most disgusting dodge lender. Their rate is always the most expensive. They charge you three month interest if you discharge your loan within the first 5 years, even on variable rate. This is on top of their ridiculously high application fee - almost 1% of loan amount, when you first join them. That's worse than a loan shark!!!

Shop around, there are plenty honest trustworthy lenders out there.

Krazykol

KrazykolGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Successfully ruined our chance of getting a home loan

Despite the fact that they were never going to offer us a home loan because it was less than their minimum home loan amount ($100,000) they did a credit check and now other lenders won't give us a loan because of the credit check they did. I would stay well clear of them as they obviously don't care about anyone.

Loan used forSecond Home
Jan

JanNorth Queensland, QLD

Be aware of the low hanging fruit and things that may sparkle with this crowd.

Keith

KeithSouth East Queensland, QLD

Still paying ridiculously high variable interest rate

Made a phone call to see why we are still paying a ridiculously high variable rate of 6.84%.It has not been reduced at all with the previous rate cuts.Only answer i got was they are reviewing the rates and to keep an eye out in the next 3 or 4 weeks.
Would not recommend going with Latrobe at all.very disheartening to deal with.

pomhall

pomhallGold Coast

Never go with Latrobe

Initially put onto Latrobe from a Financial Services company i wish I had never met. I assumed the commissions were greater for them and i have asked Latrobe that no commissions are paid from this loan being taken out, still nothing on this one.
The interest rate has just increased to a hugh 6.77%, currently the RBA have just reduced this to 1%. Loan repayments of a certain value have charges of nearly $1000 which is nearly 10%,. Other packet review fees are for what service, or a fee for doing nothing.
To say am disgusted with Latrobe is an understatement, please keep away from this unethical company.

Loan Start DateAugust 2014
Shane G.

Shane G.South East Queensland, QLD

Not passing on interest rate cut

Called La Trobe regarding last months rate cut, I was told that they had a meeting and some weren't eligible, having another meeting soon and you maybe eligible!

If rates are cut then bank should pass it on, pure greed La Trobe! Very unreasonable to deal with, would not recommend them!

Loan Start DateNovember 2017
Tracy Barwick

Tracy BarwickHunter Region, NSW

Never did what he said he would

Called Latrobe to make an inquiry to deposit a significant amount of money ...they have never got back to me ....very concerned about their company and the way they operate...Dodgy brothers I think

Dear Tracy,
We take your concerns and comments seriously. Would you please send us your telephone number in private and we will arrange for one of the team to call you.
Regards, La Trobe Financial Team

Worst finance experience

I was obtaining finance for my smsf. I am understand a longer and harder due to the complication of it therefore i get my pre approval first ti clear all possible credit requirements. I can speed the the process. Pre approval letter issued.
Since i seeking for full approvals. One new credit requirement come after another. . After 6 weeks proving as much as poosible i still dont have approval.

See all La Trobe Financial Services reviews

Nickasked

Arrogant Lot !!

Kezza

I have been a investor 20 plus years .When you borrow they are lending my money so of course they have to be careful to whom and what they do, is it a good investment .There has always been very good and courteous communication. The rules are quite explicit for me as well as the borrower .

Sam G.La Trobe Financial Services

Thank you Kezza, so pleased to have you onboard as an investor.

Geire Heaton-New

Geire Heaton-Newasked

What intereste do you pay on $5000?

Nick

I dont they stuffed me around for 6 months then gave me nothing even if there rate was 1% i would not deal with them

Kezza

What a silly answer . You have not looked at the relevant lending levels that you choose. The current rate is 4.5 % for 12 months.

Hello Geire,
We have a broad range of investment options which can be found https://www.latrobefinancial.com.au/Investors
If you have any questions contact us on 1800 818 818 or investor@latrobefinancial.com.au
Kind Regards,
The La Trobe Financial Team

Glen M

Glen Masked

Can anyone please advise if they have invested with La Trobe and what service and returns they did receive? Did you feel your money was safe, did you get your internet payments on time? What is your gut feeling in this financial company.

Les52
Les52

I have been investing with La Trobe for over 2 years I have never come across any problems yes the pay interests each month on time

inez
inez

We have had money invested with Latrobe for more than 10 years now. Always helpful, always on time, easy to withdraw funds as long as we give than the required notice. Gut feeling??? More than good!!!

Lowsy payers !