Latrobe Health Services

Latrobe Health Services (page 2 of 2)

Health Insurance Guide for 2020

The decision to take up private health insurance can be a very involved process, and the factors that go into your decision will be unique to you. Your first dip into the policy selection process can be pretty overwhelming, so this guide will help lay everything out for you as plainly as possible to get you on your way.

Read now

2.6

Excellent Health Fund

Insurance claim madeYes
logan

loganMelbourne

Very good service helpful friendly staff

Been with them for years claimed for everything from heart surgery to knee replacement with never a problem.
Claimed quite frequently too over the last few years .You have to make sure your hospital has an agreement with them and ask your doctors what costs are involved which I do anyway. Through all our woes they have been very helpful and friendly,very easy to talk to.

Insurance claim madeYes
Kana

KanaMelbourne, Victoria

Poor insurer

I joined up latrobe health sep 2011 as single, been paying by direct debit on 27 of every month. Never claim once.
Then 29/12/14 need to pay for physio by using the claim and it's decline which the lady said may be my policy not covered. But i got paperwork saying that i covered for all extra i paid for.
This is the first time using, ring up health line not operate until 8am. 5/1/15 got answer because public holiday the payment was not made on time. So they saying that i not cover on the 29 because of that.
Stupid answer, not happy, not reccommence

Health Insurance

Find out how Latrobe Health Services compares to other Health Insurance

very good, not for profit health insurer

The reason my family chose Latrobe was purely due to its obstetrics cover, it has the shortest waiting period of any of the health funds. I downloaded the Commonwealth Government's report card on health funds, and the not for profit funds were the most suitable, not wasting money on marketing etc. I have only been impressed with Latrobe, good service and I like to support those who are not in it for a profit, therefore any surplus of funds does back into lowering the premiums.
Not for profit, therefore very affordable, brilliant obstetrics cover

mikchamp

mikchamp

OK

latrobeisbad

latrobeisbadAU

Terrible service, rude staff

After paying for the top cover for 6 months with no claims, when I tried to make a claim for optical I was told the waiting period is 12 months and I couldn't claim a cent! When I called to ask for a waiver of the waiting period I was simply told if I didn't like it I should cancel!!
Cheap - but you get what you pay for
no customer service, longest waiting periods of all health funds

Great at first, terrible service afterwards

See all Latrobe Health Services reviews