Laucke Crusty White Bread Mix

Laucke Crusty White Bread Mix Questions & Answers

9 questions from our users

Margaret

Margaretasked

Can I use laucke bread mix in airfryer

Redgum32

No idea Margaret. I'd give it a try though. You would need to go through the normal bread making process to the 2nd rise then cook. I think I would use a bread tin though

pete lasked

can i use crusty white bread mix to make bread rolls. I have a recipe of your,s but it is for 12.5kg of flour I only wont to make about a dozen rolls could you break down the ingredients to suit please.

Redgum32

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.
I use the breadmix for rolls but add 1 tbsp of sugar to the mix. My basic recipe is:
500 gm breadmix; 12 gm dried yeast; 20 ml olive oil, 295 ml warm water and 1 tbsp sugar. I cheat by using the breadmaker on the dough setting and let it rise for 1 hour then turn out, knock down, chop into 12 equal portions and shape the rolls. Because my rolls tend to flatten too much I use a tray with a 15-20 mm lip so that the rolls push against one another and go up not out. I leave them in a warm draft free spot for 40 mins and then bake in a preheated oven at 190 deg for 15 to 20 mins. I generally turn the tray about half time. There will be about as many variations on this as there are bakers...
Regards
Tom

pete l

thank you for your answer I will give it a go

Betty

Bettyasked

Recipe please for making kangaroo rising flour. There isn’t a recipe on the box and also no yeast. Do you have to buy this separately?

Beatrice Lucas

Beatrice Lucasasked

Where in Toowoomba, Queensland; can I purchase Laucke - Barossa Sourdough Rye Breadmix in 2.4kg box.

Michael R

Michael Rasked

What should be the ratio ofor Laucke Crusty White mix for 400gms and 500gms of dry mix to the quantity of water? For 600gms they suggest 380mls of water on their packet recipe. I wish to make a medium/M or large/L loaf in a Panasonic SD-2501 bread-maker. The XL loaf is made with 600gms of dry mix. I would be grateful for any suggestions or if Laucke could give suggestions for dry mix/water for different size loaves for its recipes on its website or packets. Many thanks.

RobynF
RobynF

See https://basicingredients.com.au/index.php/bread_machine_guide/

Tina

Hi Michael, unfortunately, I have since sold my breadmaker as I found it quite hard to find a good g/f bread mix that gave consistently good results. I have since found a local bakery that makes excellent g/f soy free and dairy free bread. I found that I had to experiment a lot to get the right consistency, it's very time consuming, expensive and annoying. I sincerely hope you get the answers you are looking for and that you have success with your bread making endeavours.

Kind Regards

rsdjhenry
rsdjhenry

I have a Panasonic Bread maker the same as yours. I do not have any trouble making a good loaf. I use 320grams. of crusty white flour with a rounded teaspoon of yeast supplied with the mix. I use 120 mls. cold water and 210 mls. milk. I put the yeast in the bread maker then the flour and then the liquid. I cook on menu one that takes four hours. Or I set the timer if I am going out. I use the medium setting. I also sometimes make a loaf using 200 grams of white flour with 120 grams of golden wholemeal flour and the same amount of yeast and liquid.
Regards Dianne

Pete

Peteasked

Please advise me where I can buy Laucke bread mixes in Queenstown, New Zealand? I used to be able to get it at local Queenstown Fresh Choice and Countdown supermarkets, but they no longer stock them.

Glen

May I suggest you have a look at the Laucke web site and ask there as I can not help you with your question sorry.

Gill
Gill

I am unfamiliar with availability in N.Z., but perhaps you could try a rural supplies/farm supplies outlet.Good Luck ! Gill

Pippi

Pippiasked

I am considering purchasing a bread maker but am weighing up the costs, pro's and con's. How many grams of Laucke multigrain bread mix is needed to make a single 750g loaf of bread? How many 'sandwich thickness' slices of bread would I get from one 750g loaf? Can anyone help me?

Ozwelder

The answer is variable here as the loaf can be be sliced thick or thin. So the answer for you depends on the length of your machine's bread pan and how thick you slice your bread
For example we use a Brevile BM800 bread machine with a 1 kg loaf and get up to a dozen slices-about 12 to 14mm thick. We get 4 loaves out of one Laucke pack-our bread is wholemeal not white. The Laucke pack is $9.00 at the local Woolies Supermarket so $ 2.25 per load + electricity used, is pretty darn good.The other thing to know is that the bread is far denser -weighs more per slice than what we now call junk bread bought at the shop- meaning the first time you you think want 2 slices but can eat only one. Internally,the loaf never has any holes in it unlike shop bought bread.
The bread also keeps fresh for 3 or four days in a ziplock baggie.

Ozwelder

For example we use a Brevile BM800 bread machine with a 1 kg loaf and get up to a dozen slices-about 12 to 14mm thick. We get 4 loaves out of one Laucke pack-our bread is wholemeal not white. The Laucke pack is $9.00 at the local Woolies Supermarket so $ 2.25 + electricity is pretty darn good.The other thing to know is that the bread is far denser -weighs more per slice than what we now call junk bread bought at the shop- meaning the first time you you think want 2 slices but can eat only one. Internally,the loaf never has any holes in it unlike shop bought bread.
The bread also keeps fresh for 3 or four days in a ziplock baggie.

Shaz

Shazasked

Can I make fruit bread with crusty white bread mix?
If so how?

ray m
ray m

Shaz hi, don't see why not, I have never tried it I suggest you follow normal making procedures and add one third cup sultanas during last few minutes of first knead 750 grm loaf size. fruit loaf becomes quite heavy so you might have to increase yeast by extra tsp. i have always used plain bread flour but hey, give it a go and see you just throw it out if it dose not work and try again, then you might like to try a little cinnamon too. good baking, ray.

Glen

Laucke actually make a sweet fruit loaf as well. I saw it on their web site.

regards

pete l

the answer is yes i have made it many times quit nice

max88

max88asked

I recently purchased a Kuchef bread maker from Aldi it has twin agitators. using Laucke multigrain soy & linseed mix i followed instructions on the box the same as I had been using with on old Panasonic and it was a complete failure I have been trying different measures of water and yeast with little success the loaf goes through the proving ok and is rising ok but after it goes to the bake cycle the top falls in and the bread after baking is heavy I am at wit's end any suggestions? Max

Happy Baker
Happy Baker

The Kuchef machine is a disaster. There many better machines on the market. Even the Kogan ay $70 makes nice bread.

Redgum32

I'll agree with Happy Baker to an extent. The twin rotors mix well but the oven isn't very good in my opinion. You might try reducing the amount of water progressively until the your loaf doesn't collapse when cooked. I reckonb that the most important item is accuracy with your measurements for consistently good loaves.