Pros

• No lock-in contracts

• Speedy internet and quick service activation are appreciated

• Can pause your internet service if you're going on holidays

• Adequate Speeds Yes (426) · No (4)

Great network, excellent customer service!

WOW! Rock solid network with speeds that are what is actually advertised. Excellent customer service. Was up and running within hours not days. Highly recommend Launtel for anyone who values an exceptional product backed by customer service that is second to none.

Data TypeUnlimited Data

This company is AMAZING!!

After years of mediocre internet and terrible customer service we switched to Launtel last year and will never look back! Fast, easy to set up, excellent and speedy customer service.

Start DateMarch 2020
Data TypeUnlimited Data

Speeds are exactly what they say, even during peak - customer service is superb

48/20 on the 50/20 plan - even during the evening - haven’t had any dropouts - customer service was excellent - would recommend to other people - thanks thanks thanks..

Ben S

Ben SSydney, NSW

Outstanding service, speeds & flexibility

Very helpful

Moved to a new place, read up on product reviews which isp was rated best, very attentive response times, really helped get me set up and were happy to help!

Salman J.

Salman J.South East Queensland, QLD

Excellent customer service!

Just got connected with Launtel's trial service. Great experience. It was very quick and easy. Shout out to Brandon Bell in support service. He was very helpful and patient during the whole process.

Launtel SupportLauntel

Thanks Salman. Im always super proud of the entire team we have here at Launtel. They really do put in the extra yards for our customers. Thanks for your great feedback

ASPS

ASPSSouth East Queensland, QLD

There is now ONE ISP with good old fashioned customer service, a top quality product, and support second to none

Dusan S.Sydney, NSW

Great internet, the service is second to none.

I'm only a few days into the trial period, but I have already cancelled our Telstra service. I can't recommend these guys enough, from their amazing residential portal where you have total control of your account (if you want to), to the great speeds and level of support provided, these guys can't be beat. They are a small internet provider whose business model of letting the service and connection speak for themselves, appears so simple, it boggles the mind why other companies don't do it. I am thoroughly pleased and will be recommending Launtel to all of my friends and family.

Launtel SupportLauntel

Thank you. We do indeed strive to be the best we can possibly be in every facet of our service. It really is about making people happy with what they are paying for. Again thank you

Unbelievable service.

While I'm not a fan of their very confusing website, Launtel's phone service is unbelievably good. No question is too dumb. They advised me on what router to buy. They are there if you have technical problems. They are supportive and lovely.

The first language of their support staff is Australian English; it is a relief not to have to struggle to understand someone's language use when I'm stressed about a technical issue.

I have no issues with bandwidth - and I use Zoom and similar platforms frequently.

I cannot recommend them highly enough.

Start DateSeptember 2020
Launtel SupportLauntel

Hey Sim Thanks for the feedback - I have taken onboard your comment with regards to the website confusion and will work to have that made less confusing. Once again thank you so much for your kind words

Trev

TrevMelbourne

Above and beyond customer service, and incredible flexibility

Start DateDecember 2020
Launtel SupportLauntel

Hi Trev - WOW they are some good words! Thanks so much for the feedback. You made the week for a very tired and now very happy team. Thanks so very much

Caroline03

Caroline03Launceston, TAS

Best idea ever!

I am still on introductory offer, but will not be changing. The speed is great and have not had any issues at all and customer service is second to none. Best of all, the prepaid , pay as you use, is the best idea ever. No lock in contract and the consumer can decide how much or how little they use. Love it! I cannot recommend highly enough.

Launtel SupportLauntel

Thanks so much for the wonderful feedback Caroline. We think its a pretty good idea too with the prepaid. It helps people stay incontrol of their stuff. Look forward to a long relationship with you

Flexible NBN as it should be

Consist speed even during peak times, so good i have to upgrade my own network to keep up, couldn't ask for better customer service checking in on the product, activation in under 10 min and great advice on upgrading gear to suit the speed.

Launtel SupportLauntel

Good Job David - the Ultrafast speeds can be tricky but once its explained it makes sense hey. Great to see fantastic results there. Always a pleasure to give you a hand

Elena

ElenaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Smooth activation

The activation process can be complicated, but it was absolutely smooth!
The customer service has been amazing.
I spoke most of the time with the same operator, I felt that she really cared.

Contract Type12-month contract
Launtel SupportLauntel

Hey Elena - Gemma is great hey, really one of a kind. We are lucky to have wonderful staff that honestly do care about their customers and will go into bat for them whenever needed. Thanks for your lovely feedback I have passed it on

David C.

David C.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Brilliant unique service

My new NBN FTTP connection is rock solid and very fast. The best thing about Launtel is the ability to change between speeds however often you like. Because it is daily rather than monthly pricing you can better manage your connection depending on your needs.

Launtel SupportLauntel

We are unique hey... We try to be that way with everything we do. Thanks for your feedback and review David. You are very kind

Meridee A.

Meridee A.Illawarra, NSW

Fantastic support and service

My introductory offer is about to end but I love the Aussie service and support I have received at Launtel so much, I will not be leaving to go to any other service provider to save a few dollars a month.
Thank you to all the team at Launtel!

Start DateAugust 2020
Launtel SupportLauntel

Hi Meridee Just a HUGE thank you from all of us here. You made Damians day today. you are his favourite kind of feedback. Thanks so much for the seriously kind words and we are very happy you are staying too

Alan N.

Alan N.South East Queensland, QLD

What a difference !

From the first point of contact the service and support was excellent. We switched after 15 years with a large AU Telco. Installation was completed in less than 30 minutes.

Launtel SupportLauntel

Hey Alan - its what we pride ourselves on - seamless setup, premium network and about all else exceptional customer service. Thanks for your feedback it really does mean the world to us

Oliver

OliverGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

The right decision to sign up with Launtel

Superb customer service. The staff are fast to respond to any query, helpful in their responses, knowledgeable of any technical issues, and patient and understanding for the not so tech-savvy.

Speeds have consistently been what I have paid for. You cannot say this for other service providers. No annoying add ons or hidden costs. Setup was easy once I had the correct router. Connection is reliable.

Would highly recommend signing up with Launtel.

Launtel SupportLauntel

Hey thanks so much Oliver. You are also a pleasure to deal with. Have a lovely week and stay safe

David S.

David S.Hunter Region, NSW

Awesome!

Fantastic setup allows you to change the speed in minutes from you phone! Cost is on a daily basis from standby speed to 1 gig. Support is awesome, you can speak to a real person immediately!

Start DateAugust 2020
Launtel SupportLauntel

Hi David Thanks for the great feedback and yes last time I looked we were all real however that may be my delusion still :) Have a great week and thanks again

Highly recommended, can’t fault it.

Start DateDecember 2020
Marty

MartySouth East Queensland, QLD

Fantastic support and service. Good speeds and latency.

Fast and easy switch over from SL. Great speeds and service so far. Love the fact you can change speeds based on daily needs. Highly recommended. Great Discord channel community as well.

Launtel SupportLauntel

Hey Marty... Welcome onboard! I look forward to seeing your referral code come up on many new customers :) See you in Discord!

robert5895

robert5895asked

Residential

How long does it take to have service set-up?

The service took a whole 2 minutes get set up for me

Judithasked

Launtel

Great reviews Launtel, I'm impressed.
I am looking at the nbn50 plan which is $2.28 per day. I have a few questions and would appreciate your help. I live in a regular 2 story townhouse complex, I assume there is copper cabling within the complex into my NBN box installed outside of my townhouse which connects with the fibre optic cable from the road. Please advise the following:

*Does the copper cabling within the complex slow down the NBN speeds?
*Pricing for modem (if you supply) and landline?
*Can I pick up service from downstairs successfully with the modem you supply?
*The area in which I live has very, very poor mobile phone service as well as terrible static through the landline and very, very frequent drop outs and slow internet speed(my neighbours have the same issues) Most days it is 3.3 mbps download and 0.7 upload.

I look forward to your reply.

Hey Judith

If we get your address we can check the technology type, you can punch it into this site https://residential.launtel.net.au/residential

That will let you know the technology type being fibre or copper.

Copper does indeed slow the connection down to a maximum of 100Mbps, that's not to say it will be slow its just that on full fibre you could get 1000Mbps if you wanted.

We don't supply modems because generally we find ISP supplied gear to be of low quality, if you get in touch with out support team via resi-support@launtel.net.au they will give you some recommendations from local stores. usually around the $150 mark is fine.

We unfortunately don't do residential phone services, again we tend to find that these are of low quality normally and companies such Australian phone Company can provide this on top of any other provider and do a much much better job.
We do however offer a manged VoIP service on business plans if you are interested.

When you reference your speeds, is that via NBN copper or is that on mobile broadband, the copper can and should do better than that, regardless of the quality NBN have a mandate to achieve 25Mbps minimum at any connection. If you find it slower than this we can go into bat for you and get it fixed.

Anyway all that being said, we do a 7 day free trial so you can try before you buy and we don't ask for any payment details until it's over, we also don't hold you to any obligations, if you want' to leave that's totally fine.

Judith

Thanks Adam that is great information, helps me to understand how it all works. As my mobile doesn't work in the complex I will call Launtel in the car when I go out.

My address is 76/316 Long Street East, Graceville East, Qld 4075. My internet is via ADSL2. NBN has been connected the box to the complex and I am ready for the next step. I will email about the modem. Regards Jude

Launtel SupportLauntel

I actually have some pretty good news (depending on your view point), your on HFC which stands for Hybrid Fibre Coaxial. Essentially fibre runs into the street and then it uses the old Telstra cable TV network to get into the house. (NBN has bought this network from Telstra).

Essentially this is good news because this means you can go faster that 100Mbps, 250Mbps is currently possible, upgrades in the future will allow 1000Mbps.

The downside is that HFC can be a flaky technology sometimes. You can sometimes see excessive packet loss with it, however this shouldn't be a problem for our team to fix with NBN if it does occur.

You won't need a modem, just a router. The difference being a modem is for ADSL2 or VDSL (FTTN) NBN. With HFC, NBN provide a black ARRIS modem and you just plug a router into it.

Pamela G.asked

Residential

I am currently with an ISP on FTTN NBN and we have frequent drop outs and DNS resolution issues. I've been told by an NBN tech that this is likely due to the ISP oversubscribing customers to the service (or something like that.)
My question is - has anyone experienced similar issues with Launtel or better, had them resolved by moving to Launtel. I am also interested in experiences from Canberra customers.

Launtel SupportLauntel

Hi Pamela - Its Jules here the Residential Services Manager. I can answer the question and let you know that we dont have the oversubscription issue however I think you would be happier to hear from customers. If you pop onto facebook and look up the Launtel Users group there are many customers especially from Canberra on the FTTN network that will will more than happy to give you first account feedback. I hope that helps and if you have any questions feel free to call

Pamela G.

Thanks so much Jules - i am happy to hear from the company as well as customer experiences. I will go take a look. Jules - can you confirm that oversubscription is the cause of drop outs with ISPs? I am achieving acceptable speeds when things work okay.

Hi Pamela

That is correct, NBN have this thing called CVC, basically an allocated amount of bandwidth per "area" if you like. Some providers on the cheaper end of the spectrum really squeeze this as hard as they can, it is often cheaper for them to field complaints than buy more CVC.

We however do not subscribe to this mentality, we buy more CVC if it hits it's limit consistently. You can actually see the live CVC graphs on our website for each area and see what is being used here: https://residential.launtel.net.au/traffic-graphs/

If you drop down the menu and scroll down you will see a list of CVC POIs, to find which POI you would be connected to just punch your address into https://residential.launtel.net.au/residential and scroll down past the plans to "Your Details" the POI/CVC name is called a CSA, so in my case that is Launceston. Then back in the traffic graphs find the relevant CVC and you will see how much is in use.

I hope once you have a look it will curtail any doubt about how much bandwidth we buy and why we are little more expensive than other providers to avoid that evening crunch.

Hope that helps.

Adam

Get an answer from our members and Launtel representatives

Plus points go to Launtel for the following:

• Fast activation of your internet service allows you to get up and running within 20 minutes
  • Contract-free service provision accommodates a stress-free sign up, as you’re not locked into anything if your circumstances change
  • Internet doesn’t become slower or make you wait for buffering during peak times, since the company states that it purchases extra bandwidth for times like these
  • Convenient service add-ons via a DIY online portal make the experience of signing up for internet with Launtel easier. These include the ability to pause your service when you go on holidays, and no fees being charged for re-connecting your internet after you move houses.

Positive reviewer feedback about Launtel:

• With an outstanding 5-star rating from 374 reviews as at November 2020, it’s clear that there’s little not to love about the Launtel Internet Service
  • Fast internet speeds and a stable, reliable internet connection are highly appreciated by reviewers
  • Helpful and responsive customer service provided from within Australia contributed to a stress-free experience when dealing with Launtel
  • Switching providers was easy, and involved filling out some online forms, with a short processing time until approval
  • The ability to turn off or ‘pause’ your internet service when you’re on holidays is highly valued, and may contribute to the high 4.95 transparency rating thta satisfied reviewers awarded to Launtel.

2021 ProductReview Awards logo

Since Launtel is highly lauded by reviewers for its outstanding internet service, it deserves its 2021 Award for Best Internet Service Provider. Top points were awarded for the company’s excellent customer service and transparency, in terms of providing open information about business practices.

Compare all 3 Launtel
Launtel Gigabit NBN

Launtel Gigabit NBN

Launtel Business Grade NBN

Launtel Business Grade NBN

Launtel Residential

Launtel Residential

CategoryInternet Service ProvidersInternet Service ProvidersInternet Service Providers
Promotional Offer

7 day free trial available.

Service TypeFibre and NBNFibre, Fixed Wireless and NBNFixed Wireless and NBN