Not entirely dependable

Although I'm happy with it's ironing performance my machine had to have a boiler & iron base replacement within the first year (covered by warranty) but its has started to have the same issue again, over steaming & turning it's self off. I was told that it was a water problem so have used unfiltered tap water since so that really isn't the problem. (I never had an issue with my Laurastar 4).I follow the maintenance schedule and use the water filter granules.
I brought it to iron my hubby& sons business shirts and it does a good job & I love the huge board. It has a quick heat up time & the auto turn off gives peace of mind.

Date PurchasedJul 2016
Hello Mel, sorry to hear of the poor experience can you make contact with Anne in customer service 03 9894 1400 for assistance regards DinoThanks Dino for your swift response to my review which was unexpected, I appreciate that you will try & sort out the problem that has recurred with my machine & look forward to receiving it back as good as new! Kathy your consultant was also pleasant & helpful & I cant wait to put my new "Hizero" to work.

excellent iron

Great ironing performance. Disappointing that the iron malfunctioned after boiler cleaning as the household water was too clean I have to use it with tap water unfiltered only. Otherwise excellent performance. Great results. Water capacity suitable for normal ironing session. All fabrics suitable . I previously had a laurastar S4

Date PurchasedFeb 2018
Hi GPBC thanks for your review. Yes sometimes the water can be too pure. If you need any further help please call us. regards Dino MD

Overall it is a very good unit

I am really satisfied with the overall performance of my Laurastar Pulse. The only thing that is no longer working is the retractable cord, apart from I am very happy with it as I can live with the retractable cord not working.

The only annoying thing is that if I want to get the retractable cord working again, I would need to send the unit to Melbourne, THAT IS REALLY INCONVENIENT considering that I live in Canberra. Perhaps you should arrange for someone in the ACT to fix those minor issues.

Date PurchasedJan 2016
Hi Gerry thanks for your review, yes we are currently seeking a suitable service agent for Canberra. In the meantime if you want we can pick up repair and return no charge using AusPost reply paid process. Please contact Anne in customer service if you would like to do this 03 9894 1400 regards Dino MD

Best thing I have ever bought

Love my Laurastar, takes much less time to do the ironing and does a much better job than any other iron I have ever used. Can iron all types of fabrics haven't found one that it cannot handle. Can top up the water as I go but can do a lot of ironing with the capacity that it has.

October 11th 2018 Update: Fabulous iron

The best results I have ever achieved on all types of fabrics. Continous ironing, can fill up whilst ironing without having to wait for it to reheat. Best iron I have ever bought, well worth the money. Saves time with the fan in the board can iron multiple layers.

Date PurchasedMay 2017
Hi Stevo, great to hear you are happy, we are here to help should you need any further assistance. regards Dino MD

Love my iron, makes my ironing easier.

I have purchased 3 Laura Plus, 1 for me and two for my sisters as they are fantastic irons. I do a lot of ironing and find that the Laurastar Irons make ironing a breeze with a fantastic result. The iron just glides over the clothes and there is no need to press hard to get the result you need, it does all the work for you.

Date PurchasedJun 2018
Hi Lyn, thanks for your loyalty to Laurastar, its customers like you that help us spread the word about our products. Thank You Dino MD

Just makes ironing easier!!!

- great on All fabrics
- water capacity always knows when I’m on my
last garment then runs out as I start on it !!
- upgraded from a basic Laurastar which I thought was great but hated waiting for it to cool to refill. So much better now. Love it

Date PurchasedJul 2015
Hi Jenny thanks for the review and comments. regards Dino MD

Brilliant!

Couldn't be happier with the way it handles all of the fabrics I throw at it. Can go for ages on one tank and would never use a conventional iron if possible. My husband actually irons now and even irons my clothes. I gave my old Laura Star to our daughter and she loves it.

Date PurchasedMar 2017
Hi Patty nice to hear everyone is now ironing in your home. thanks for the feedback regards Dino MDYou're welcome. Thank you for a great product :-D

This is amazing

Best ironing board ever will never use anything else the steamer is 100% on any other iron it cuts ironing in half the time. Yes the water capacity is plenty to do the whole lot of ironing . What more can I say that it’s the greatest iron I have ever used . Thank you LAURASTAR

Date PurchasedAug 2015
Thank You Bloss, we are pleased to hear you are happy regards Dino MD

Makes this dreaded task a dream !

Oh , how I used to hate ironing . It is now a joy , as my iron just glides over all fabrics easily and gently .
Can get through a whole load without having to re fill the water in the steamer .
I would HIGHLY recommend the Laurastar Pulse ironing system

Date PurchasedMay 2016
Hi Sue, we always say to new customers the reason you hate ironing is because you don't have the right appliance. Thanks for your feedback. regards Dino MD

Love It!

i am Very Satisfied with my Laurastar Pulse so glad i decided to to purchase one regardless of the price. Well worth worth it.
It Has a good shot of steam and my the ironing time is less than conventional irons even though it larger than a normal iron

Date PurchasedMay 2017
Hi Kris, glad you joined the Laurastar Club, yes its an investment but it will last many years and we are here to help. Have been in Australia for over 23 years. regards Dino MD

Not so sold on this

Wanted one of these for a while as I herd so many good things about them and saw good results at demonstrations. If you batch iron its good, but I'm a person on the go a lot and prefer to iron as I go. That's a lot of setting up over a regular iron I find. I also find the hose connected to the iron a nuisance. Never seems to feed through the guide they give you and not matter how I arrange it through that device they give you to attach to the ironing board, its always seems in the way. Find I get a lot of drips from it at first even though I do as instructed in the manual. Ive found once it heats up, give it a few goo d blasts of steam and let it warm again and no more drips. I possibly would have gone for the all in one system if I had the room to store that over just the steam station in hindsight.

Date PurchasedNov 2017
Hello John, we are here to help. We can assist with the fitting of the hose onto the cord minder, we can show you how this is done. As for dripping water we can also address this issue. can you please call Anne in customer service for assistance on 03 9894 1400 thanks Dino MD

My wife loves ironing now!

I bought Laurastar Pulse for my wife after recommendation from some people a months ago from Bankstown showroom. I was sceptical but did take a risk and invested to the best model. My wife loves it and when she starts she cannot stop and all is done much faster. I like how compact is the system and easy to handle and store. No problems so far.

Date PurchasedSep 2016
Hello Vlad, many thanks for your comments, we like hearing customer feedback. Note there are no risks when buying a Laurastar we provide a 2yr manufacturers warranty and ongoing support throughout the life of the appliance, up to 15yrs. regards Dino MD

Keeps breaking down only after few months and the repair center doesn't do anything to fix it

It has only been one year and I took it at least three time to get it fixed with bringing it home with the exact same problem I am getting very frustrated and wish I did not buy it. Now again few days after bringing it from the repair center and I have now steam coming out at all.

Hello Guest, of course we can help with this matter, simply contact us on 03 9894 1400 and ask for Annie to discuss this matter. or email your details to support1@laurastar.com.auThanks for the quick replay , I am going to take it back one last time to get it repaired , if the same thing happened I'll call Annie, will know for sure in few days if they fixed the problem or notLet us know where you are located, where are you taking it for repairs.?

The Rolls Royce!

I recently purchased the Laura Star Pulse iron for my wife. She had a demonstration from the staff at Blackburn which is a must given the high sophistication of the product. We have been so impressed with the iron that we've now bought one for my wife's mother too. My wife couldn't be happier.

thanks, and enjoy

I’m looking at buying a Laura Star. Do you have any new models coming out this year? Thanks. Mariah.
Hi Mariah, We do have the new Smart U which is replacing the Pulse. Smart U RRP is $3299. Call 1800 999 910 to find out where your nearest store is and come in for a live demonstration. Cheers Jenny

Please can you advise where I can get my Laura star is5 repaired and serviced? Our ironing board has collapsed where the spots wells on the hinges broke. We also need a full service on the engine with a few parts to be replaced like power cord which has unravelled and new ironing board cover. Just don’t know where to send it as there is no distributors in Ireland at present that we know about. It is eight years old and has given us a great service over the years.
Please contact Laurastar head office, export@laurastar.comThank you, will doHi Mack send me your details and i will forward to Laurastar head office support@laurastar.com.au

Has this product been discontinued? If so, when will a new model be released?
No the Pulse has not been discontinued just out of stock, new stock arrives late Jan 2018 thanksHi BMG, the Pulse will be back in stock next week, thanks Dino MD

CategoryIrons & Steam Generators and Garment Steamers