LDV T60

LDV T60 (2018-2021)

Also referred to as: LDV T60 2020 and LDV T60 2022. Luxe, Pro, Mega Tub, Trailrider 2
See the Best Utes in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for LDV? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

• Braking
  • Boot Size
  • Comfort
  • Features

Dash blew up within 1500km

Was driving the car all was good. One day turned it off and now the screen stays pink. Climate control works but can't hear any music. Told me part would be 2 days and has been weeks now.

Purchased in June 2021.

Coop
Coop Tasmania

What a piece of junk

Used for work cab/chassis t60 failed at 59000 km multiple electronic faults and then chassis failure no warranty from ldv could be a written off what a joke beware don’t buy one unless you only drive in a city

Purchased in May 2019 for $27,500.00.

Would never touch a LDV trail rider t60

Purchased ldv t60 trail rider t60 new last year in November from ldv Nissan and MacArthur. First month had 3 mechanical faults engine light would come up no help from the team at ldv MacArthur. They were happy to sell me the car. Went without vehicle for almost 3 weeks as I run my own business. Had to get car towed it has been a nightmare. Dealt with principle owner and it resolved some issues but more are appearing I suggest don't purchase this type of vehicle unless your willing to deal with the problem

Purchased in November 2020 at Nissan Dealers for $40,000.00.

Rubbish. Do not but

Nothing but issues. 3months in, 10000km and now significant oil leak. Time off work and losing money. Do not buy spend more on better quality. LDV point you back to service dept and service dept dont know anything.
Unsafe to drive in wet weather with the crap dunlop tyres too

Purchased in April 2021.

TJC78
TJC78Murrumbidgee Region, NSW

Something is fishy with this car

Purchased in March 2021 for $39,900.00.

Dave
Dave

Questionable quality, very poorly supported by the importer

Purchased new in late 2020. Spent more time at the dealer trying to get many problems sorted out (electronics, transmission then the final engine failure). The dealer wasn't able to help as they were waiting on the importer to approve repairs.
After 5 months of ownership during which time I got to use it for only 2 months, I traded it at a considerable loss on a Triton.

Be very wary of this brand.

Purchased in October 2020.

Geoff
Geoff

Major Quality Issues

Vehicle is now 4 months old and has the following defects
1) carpet worn right through to undefeated under pedals in 5000 klms,sports bar rusty from new, fuel distance to go gauge on dash stopped working at 14 k, auto trans thumps on motorway.
The dealer says carpet is normal wear and tear,
Ldv technical support do not know how to fix fuel gauge at the momentThey can’t find transmission Fault
in workshop and they have to send ldv more photos of sports bar.
This car appears to be a lemon
What recourse do
I have under the Australian Consumer Laws??
Is any one else experiencing such poor quality and lack of device from LDV??

Purchased in December 2020.

Our Latest Expert Car Reviews

Cameron S.
Cameron S.12 Jan 2021
our-latest-expert-car-reviews
jay
jaySydney, NSW

I used this as a guide when buying my g10 and still didn't listen to the reviews and now im paying for it

The van is 3 years old. Its been into warranty 3 times and about to go for the 4th. I nearly killed myself on the motorway today cause the car at 120km/h just basically turned off and I had to get into the emergency lane as quick as I could. Ldv at kingswood do not offer a loan car so my electrical business has to completely come to a stand still. Ontop of that ldv will tow your car to the closest ldv to where you broke down. The closest ldv to me had a wait period of 2 weeks before viewing it for warranty and one ldv 4kms down could take it right in and they wouldn't take it there!!!

You would have to be out of your mind to buy a ldv.

Purchased in January 2018 for $30,000.00.

Jeff I
Jeff INorth Queensland, QLD

This car is a lemon

The egr system keeps breaking down every couple of months my car has been in for this to be fixed almost a dozen times since I brought the ldv two years ago the workshop only fix it temporarily and then it goes again costing me a fortune in car hire while this lemon is in the workshop being repaired two years old and it’s been in the workshop more times than I been to the dr

Purchased in September 2018 at Ldv.

TransmissionManual
BoughtNew

Darren
DarrenSouth East Queensland, QLD

Poor quality suspension bounces everywhere on the m1 Goldcoast to Brisbane and the dealer states its normal.

Suspension bounce is shocking very uncomfortable ride everything shakes steering wheel seats etc.
Dealer blames the road but my company’s utes don’t do it like the LDV.
It’s goes on for 15 minutes travelling from Goldcoast to Bris.

Purchased in January 2021 at Westpoint Autos for $36,000.00.

Simon
SimonGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Avoid LDV & Casey LDV

Multiple problems with new LDV, problems compounded as Casey LDV and its sales manager Andrew had lied to me about some of the vehicles features at point of sale. 6 weeks on and I have still not received a response that actually addresses any of my concerns. I specifically requested communications to be emailed so I can maintain records, Andrew and Casey LDV have only offered the generic feedback phone line for me to call.
If you have your heart set on one of these vehicles then at the very least avoid Casey and Andrew

Purchased in December 2020 for $36,000.00.

George
GeorgeSydney, NSW

Very Noisy drive. Bumpy ride. Very sluggish

Purchased in October 2020.

Toni
ToniGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

It’s a terrible vehicle since day one problem after problem

The second day the car start pulling on the left so I go to the dealer the fix the problem after that problem with the computer they can’t fix it because of the Covid and I’m still waiting for fixing No my radio is not working I don’t know what’s going on

Purchased in July 2020 for $40.00.

Oil Leak

Have had my LDV Trailrider for 2 months and there is a oil leak from the Rocker cover. Went to peninsula LDV at bankstown and they fixed it but the oil leak came again. So unhappy with the Service department and will never recommend buying LDV and will never buy one again.

Purchased in July 2020.

Robin S
Robin SAU

LDV = Little Driving Value

Purchased in June 2018 for $22,000.00.

Steve W.
Steve W.asked
T60 (2018-2021)

My fob has started playing up. I have to open the door with the manual key in the end of the fob and put the fob in the coin holder and try to start it. Sometimes it starts and sometimes the alarm goes off. It eventually starts but very annoying.
I tried the spare fob and same issue so probably not a fob battery issue.
Any suggestions.

Craig D
Craig D

No such problems with mine fortunately although one thing i did mean to say, is LDV service is the MOST unless bunch i have ever encountered !! Every dealer much go to head office for service warranty, wait for approval and then sent the parts, its a joke !!! Had some issue and they had the thing for a week !!!

Butler
Butlerasked
T60 (2018-2021)

The radio will not go off when you stop and turn engine off. Was told that is the way it is set to stay on for up to 5mins after it is a pain does anyone else have this problem.

Chris

Hi Butler. This appears to be an LDV thing as they all do it. May be send an email compliant to their support . Tks Chris

Butch
Butchasked
T60 Pro (2018-2021)

Hi brains trust, I was wondering if it is normal for the traction control to automatically turn off when 4 low is selected?

Chris

Hi Butch, As I have only had a couple of times I had the need to use traction control, it stayed on until I was out of trouble, however I have noticed the LDV has a few electronic features that turn off by themselves such as the ECO control. Might be an LDV thing, however I would check with the mechanics next time you get it services.

Ken R.
Ken R.

Yes it's normal.

LDV T60 (2018-2021)

Compare all 4 LDV T60 (2018-2021)
CategoryUtesUtesUtesUtes
Starting Price $28,990$33,490$34,990$37,990
TransmissionAutomatic and ManualAutomatic and ManualAutomatic and ManualAutomatic and Manual
Drive TypeFour Wheel Drive (4WD)Four Wheel Drive (4WD)Four Wheel Drive (4WD)Four Wheel Drive (4WD)
Fuel TypeDieselDieselDieselDiesel
Wheels17" Alloy17" Alloy19" Alloy19" Alloy
ANCAP Safety Rating5 Stars5 Stars5 Stars5 Stars
Doors 4
Seats 5
Fuel Consumption8.8 L/100km8.8 L/100km8.8 L/100km8.5 L/100km
Fuel Tank Capacity 75 L75 L75 L75 L
Engine4 Cylinder 2.8L Turbo Diesel4 Cylinder 2.8L Turbo Diesel4 Cylinder 2.8L Turbo Diesel4 Cylinder 2.8L Turbo Diesel
Max Power110kW @ 3400rpm110kW @ 3400rpm110kW @ 3400rpm120kW @ 4000rpm
Max Torque360Nm @ 1600-2800rpm360Nm @ 1600-2800rpm360Nm @ 1600-2800rpm375Nm @ 1500-2400rpm
Country of ManufactureChinaChinaChinaChina
Maximum Towing Capacity (braked)3,000 kg3,000 kg3,000 kg3,000 kg
Maximum Towing Capacity (unbraked)750 kg750 kg750 kg750 kg
Tray TypePick UpPick UpPick UpPick Up
Cab Options DualDualDualDual
Maximum Payload1,025 kg875 kg880 kg895 kg
Ground Clearance215 mm215 mm215 mm215 mm
Manufacturer Warranty5 year(s)5 year(s)5 year(s)5 year(s)
Dimensions
Ground Clearance215 mm215 mm215 mm215 mm
Release dateJan 2018Jan 2018Jan 2018Jan 2018
Compare all 4 LDV T60 (2018-2021)