Leander High Chair

Leander High Chair

See the Best High Chairs in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Leander

3.8
  • Safety
BeckGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Grows with babu

This high chair is comfortable and with the tray and crutch strap and cushion little ones can’t climb out- not that you should. EVER leave kids alone in a high chair. Very easy to clean. Once suitable for a toddler to sit at the table the tray can be removed and the seat and footrest allow the child to climb up or down for him/herself- it is extreme stable.

Purchased in September 2018.

Matilde
Matilde

Great design and functionality

Very happy with this high chair. Our son started using it when he was starting solids just after 5 months. We have the tray - it is so easy to keep clean. No hidden spots for food to get stuck and it stays completely white. In addition to looking great this chair is so versatile and can be adjusted to different sizes and ages. Highly recommend it.

Leen
LeenLittle bay

Worst buy ever!!!!

A big NO NO!!! In don't understand how any one could design a highchair with not considering SAFETY FIRST.. where is the seat belt??? Or little 14 month old is climbing out of it! Yes there is a safety belt, but ones it's smaller you can't fit the table any more! So expensive and it's worth nothing!!

Kris
Kris

Beautiful stylish,practical chair. Happy Baby

High Chairs

Find out how Leander High Chair compares to other High Chairs

jadanSydney, NSW

Beautifully designed, practical, easy to clean and best of all - let's bub enjoy meals with you!

Had this chair for one year since bub was 7 months. It has been great
Well balanced, easy to clean, nice to have bub at the table with us. Adjustable, good quality.

Recently we used a stokke at a restaurant and the baby rail on this chair is so much easier to use than the trip trapp. Dont have to keep clicking it in and out everytime you put baby into the chair. (which is quite difficult on the stokke)

In summary its the same price range and a great alternative to the stokke trip trapp if a less angular design is more your taste. I would defintaly repurchase if I had another child
looks great, well made
self assembly required

corilat
corilat

james
jamesasked

Is the safety bar supposed to be flexible, I’m trying to install it to the back of the chair but I feel like I really need to squeeze it together hard and it feels like the wood is going to crack before I can slid/fit it in

Beck

Hi I felt like that too but it was a case of needing it for safety so my husband just did it and it didn’t break. I guess they just are stronger than you’d think! After all the whole chair is rated high on weight bearing. We love our chair but the three year old granddaughter no longer needs it and there are 2 new babies almost the same age so we are contemplating another chair.

A Wilsonasked

Hi, I have just begun using the Leander high chair with the safety bar, tray and cushion and am finding it difficult to place my 6 month old in and out of the seat. It is a tight squeeze. I am worried he will quickly outgrow the safety bar before he is able to sit without it. Is this a problem you have seen? Would you be able to offer any advice?

Leander
Jenine K.Leander

Hi, Good question! The technique is to lift your child and place them into the highchair from behind. This way you have one hand to hold your child, and the other to help their legs through. The design of the safety bar is such that it can be used without a harness so it is snug on purpose for safety. It also has two settings, so the outer settings can be used to create more space. Hope this helps :)

A Wilson

Yes, that does help; thank you. If I may ask another question: I am using the tray; will this clip on if the safety bar is on the tighter setting?

Beck

Hi - yes it does. And taking the child in and out from behind is definitely the answer for your first question. Don’t forget to lower the step as she grows. Also when the get big enough and sit properly, removing the cushion creates a lot more room. Our granddaughter is a large child nearly turning 3 (but needs size 4 and 5 clothing) and we have only just removed the tray and safety bar altogether. She climbs up onto the raised seat very safely as the chair is so well balanced and loves it.

Grammy43asked

How much weight will this chair hold? Thinking of using it in the nursery while we gently rock our grandchild to sleep.

jadan

Hi, based on the Danish by Design website it can take up to 130kg. I'm assuming you just want to use it as a normal adult chair (not a rocking chair, which wouldn't work hehehe) until the baby is old enough to use it as a high chair. Hope that helps!

Grammy43

And why would it not work as a rocking chair? This grandbaby is very active and easily distracted. The "bounce" of this chair might be just what he needs to relax and go to sleep. Our nursery is very small & won't hold a normal rocking chair.

Get an answer from our members and Leander representatives

CategoryHigh Chairs