Ozzie Ozzie ozzie

I've been with Leaptel for the last 12months without too much issue. I have some errors that disconnect my online game play but it hasn't bothered me too much to warrant touching base with tech support (highly likely it's due to me not setting up the ports on my modem) but I digress. The reason for this review is I've recently been looking at NBN plans for my little sister and after trying to find what I thought were nice, cheap plans I decided to call the tech support line (let's be honest, the only time you'll call your internet company is when something has gone awry). So I decided to check each companies tech support line. First company I was on hold to for over 5mins so I hung up. Second company I called I was given an audio notification that I was 46th in line to speak to someone (ain't nobody got time for dat). Third company I called I was told I was 24th in line. I was starting to have my doubts about maybe picking a night where everyone was having issues so I called Leaptel. In less than a minute and a half, not only had I been answered (on ya Jon, 2 thumbs up bud), but I'd also had the time to explain my phone call (and thank him for understanding that I was not actually calling for help but rather to check that they live up to their aim of unrivaled customer support) and hang up. I cannot rate this company high enough.

Start DateJune 2018
Data TypeUnlimited Data
Hi Sean - Thank you for your review. It's great to hear you're experiencing a good service with us. We pride ourselves on being easily accessible, so that if you are having a support issue you can get straight through. I would say the overwhelming majority of the time we have minimal to no waiting times, although very occasionally we do have unexpected call volumes. This is the exception however so like last night, if you call you get straight through. So if you do ever have any issues with your connection that you want our assistance with, please do get in contact as we take great pride in the quality of our support and the minimal wait times. Kind Regards, Chris

Extremely slow internet

I was with Leaptel for nearly 2 year. Download speeds are extremely slow on peak hours and Service drops out at least a few times a day. I thought this was inherent to all opticom services. But recently I changed over to a different service provider. Now I realise how poor Leaptel service was. Only good thing about them is having a local support desk who are willing to help. But can't help you with the extremely slow internet.
They are a greedy vendor who will hares you to get the last $ they can get from you. I was on a monthly plan and disconnected just 1 day into a month. But they are charging me for the month ahead. They are not willing to charge a reasonable amount or actual costs they have incurred as per their own terms and conditions. They demanded the full payment for the month ahead. Although that is not what their terms and conditions state.

Start DateMarch 2017
Adequate Speeds No
Data TypeCapped Data
Dear KO1, Based on your description of your issue I have a strong understanding of your service history with us. So on that basis and your review I think it is fair to outline to anyone reading your review that since July 2017 you lodged one support ticket with us in May 2019. You advised us you were receiving slow speeds and we engaged with you in the troubleshooting process, requesting that you conduct some speedtests with us. These speedtests were not done or provided to us, making it difficult for us to establish what the issue was and engage with you further. If you had engaged with our troubleshooting process we would have been able to resolve the issue, as the plethora of positive reviews below clearly show our customers are getting high speeds. This is why we have a speed guarantee on our network. You advised us recently that you had moved to a new provider and would like to cancel the service. As we provide a post-paid service on a month-to-month term, the outstanding invoice needed to be paid, as we had provided you with a service for that month. You advised you would be leaving us a negative review in response, which you have done and is your right. But it is important that anyone reading this review understands the context in which this review has been left. Regards, Chris

Dead set best provider!!

Refreshing to see an ISP that cares about its customers and service so well. They provide honest assistance, quick activation and just all round winner. Cant go wrong picking Leaptel :)

Data TypeUnlimited Data
Hi Randy - Thank you for your review. I'm very happy to hear you've had such a positive experience with Leaptel. Please don't hesitate to contact us if you need any assistance. Warm Regards, Chris

This company is amazing!

I placed an order for the 100/40 plan on Wednesday. A service rep called me on Thursday to finalise connection details. Mt modem came in today (friday) and internet is up and running at max speeds. What more can you ask for.

Start DateJuly 2019
Contract Type24-month contract
Data TypeUnlimited Data
Hi Quirkymonsta - Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. We're very happy to hear things went so smoothly (as they should) for you. Please don't hesitate to contact us if we can assist you further. Warm Regards, Chris

Leaptel are the best

I have been a customer with Leaptel for the last two years and have found there customer service to be perfect. Their internet speed is as promised , I have never had a drop out with them ( at least not that I have noticed . Dealing with their customer service consultants is very pleasant and prompt action .
They may not be as big as some of the other big players but the big players can learn a lot from Leaptel .

Start DateJuly 2017
Contract Type24-month contract
Data TypeCapped Data
Thank you for taking the time to review us Markus B. We're very happy to hear you're having such a positive experience with Leaptel.

John provided the best customer service

Opticomm is absolutely terrible, if there is a way to avoid the set up I would. John from Leaptel helped so much and was patient during all the phone calls!

Data TypeCapped Data
Hi Keely, We're glad to hear Jon from Leaptel was able to help you so ably. Please let us know if we can assist you further. Kind Regards, Christopher

If I could star them more than 5 stars I would!!!

I signed up on a Thursday if I remember correctly and they called me up the next day. Confirming about my application that they will go through with it. 2 days later I got my internet up and running.

Although we didn’t have the right router (their support made us realize can’t use our old router so we ordered one, we got them 2 days after) everything has been so smooth, speed always consistent 25/5 sometimes we get more 28/7 but can’t complain with that!!

Another issue occurred which their support helped me a lot. Then turns out it was Opticomm’s fault and technician happens to be in the area the next day(how lucky!) they quickly fix it and viola internet and tv back on again.

I am so glad I found this company they respect the customer and support them on the best of their knowledge.

I recommend it to everyone having hard time to deal with crappy ISP.

Start DateMarch 2019
Data TypeUnlimited Data
Hi PreK07 - Thank you for taking the time to review us. We really appreciate your kind words and we're glad you've received such great service and support. Please don't hesitate to contact us again if w can assist you further.