Leatherman Juice S2

Leatherman Juice S2

2.0 from 1 review

See the Best Multi Tools in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Decent tool but. But breaks without reason

I have used the original Leatherman PST for over 10 years and when I lost it I chose the Juice S2 as its replacement (only because they don't sell the PST any more).

The Juice S2 is step backward from the PST. While it is about the same size is it has fewer tools. It is missing the file and the awl. Its smallest flat screw driver is not small enough to fix a pair of spectacles of sunglasses. I also really miss the ruler.
The Juice S2 has a decent pair of scissors though, but with a sharp knife you don't really need scissors. On the plus side, it has smooth edges and does not destroy your trousers as the PST does when you carry it in your pocket every day.

It is a decent tool though. I used it for about nine years, I carried it all the time and, without exaggeration I used it to fix aeroplanes, boats and cars.

But: its back springs have a tendency to break without warning (and I am not abusing the tool). Sometimes they last over two years, but with the last tool I had the springs broke after two weeks.

I have been through four Juice S2 now. To Leatherman's credit so far they have replaced every one of them without question and without asking for proof of purchase (which I don't have of course).

I am getting tired of its unreliability and after 20 years of being a Leatherman man I have now switched to Victorinox.