4Leitner Berlin

Leitner Berlin Questions & Answers (page 2)

Verified🏆 2024 Award
Kevin T · Berlin

Hello, my first ebike is a Leitner CrossX. I have just finished assembling, newb question - is the key meant to stay in the bike when riding? I cannot remove it when the battery is in the ON position...

Les
Les

Yes it does have to stay in the battery. I queried this with Leitner myself as it is not very practical and could easily be bent. They confirmed that it has to be in the battery when riding.

Thomas

Yes it stays in when riding.

Thomas

It stays in while riding thus you cant loose it. I have been riding mine now for 2 years have not hit or bent it and it reminds you to lock it when leaving it. Personally I think its a good system.

Thank you both.

Titus

Hi Cevin,yes the key has to stay in. Because it’s a lock, i never had any problems with the key it’s a way back from your legs. Regards Titus

Htet Z.
Htet Z. · Berlin

How to buy?

Titus

Hi HtetZ I ordert my Bike over the net, it was delivered within a week. But today it will take longer with the post because they’re very bissy. Assembly is very simple. Regards Titus

Thomas

Order on line through Leitner, delivered from Melbourne in a few days, Great bikes, Enjoy.

Bernie
Bernie · Berlin

Whats the biggest battery Leitner make and max speed + how much?
Thanks in anticipation.

Contact Leitner

Leitner   DM

Thanks for your message Bernie. There are different options for different models. Most commonly, you can choose 16Ah battery for the on road bikes with maximum speed of 25km/hr PAS, which is road legal. Please contact our friendly customer service team between Monday to Friday 9am-5pm Melbourne time on 1300 856 725 or send us an email at sales@leitner.com.au . Thank you!

Titus

Hi Bernie this is from Titus. The max speed on battery is 25 km/h.10amp is 395+shipping 16 amp is 645+shipping. It’s a very good bike and very good prices best prices in Australia. Regards Titus

Mike C
Mike C · Berlin

Battery life and charging time as well as top speed and range?

Leitner   DM

Hi Mike, Thanks for your message.
Battery life is claimed to be 500 fully charged cycles based on good maintenance. It takes around 5-6 hours to fully charge a depleted battery. Top speed is 25km/hr.
10Ah battery will give you a range between 20-50km and 16Ah battery will give you about 32-80km. For more information about our bikes and to discuss which bike suits you, please give us a call on 1300 856 725 or send us an email at sales@leitner.com.au . Thank you and we look forward to hearing from you soon!
Regards,
Leitner team

bignoux.philip.a
bignoux.philip.a

Hi Mike
So the top speed is set to 25 kmph and it feels like it, in that it holds its own, I find myself overtaking on the rail trail (mostly the mountain bikes) but not so much the road bikes, I elected for the 16Ah battery and took it on a 45 km ride and it nailed it!. and I could have gone further. My body didn;tt want to continue. I average about 20 km per ride and I can get 3 rides before charging it. If I am dong a long ride I will set on the mid range (which is about 15 kmph) and just cruise but for the 20 km rides I go max speed. It was one of the better bikes on the market for the price and that is why I chose it. It usually takes about 2-3 hours to charge from not a fully flat battery. I like my bike and have really enjoyed riding it.

Leitner   DM

Hi Philip, Thanks for answering this question with your experience with Leitner eBikes. I'm glad to hear you're still enjoying the rides! Thanks, Leitner team.

Jing
Jing · Berlin

Rang today Rep wasn't aware of the"Straight Bike". Its list above, so whats the story ? Need info about it

Jing
Jing · Berlin

Fancy Berlin. Present bike 800cms berlin 740cms. The question would i be able to get my leg over comfortably 800 now to high
i prefer straight handlebars. Why have you gone to curved ones? You mentioned having customers that i could check these 2 aspects quickly.

Cathal W.
Cathal W. · Berlin

Does the battery remove from the box or does the box remove from the bicycle? What is the space inside the frame to allow mounting on a rack?

Craig
Craig

The battery is self-contained & slides off the bike when the key is in the release position . It slides in/out behind the seatpost .

Dan · Berlin

Can you put a rear child seat on the back of the Venice Cruiser?

Leitner   DM

Hi Dan, Thanks for your message. There are a number of customers who have successfully installed child seat on the rear of the Venice Cruiser and Berlin Cruiser. Bear in mind that the total allowable capacity of the bike is 120kg including rider, passenger and racks/carriers. If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us on 1300 856 725 or email at sales@leitner.com.au . Thank you!

JJA
JJA

Hi. Could you please provide me with clear options for Venice Cruiser compatible child seats as I am unable to find anything in the local bike stores. Thanks.

Dan

Hi JJA, we bought a Topeak Babyseat (rear) and it fits well. Don't have dimensions.

Richard P. · Berlin

Is the bike rideable with the battery removed?

Leitner   DM

Hi, thanks for your message. It is comparably a lot harder to ride the bike without battery power due to the resistance from the motor and the weight of the bike. We do recommend to at least use low PAS mode during your rides. Hope this helps. If you have further questions, please feel free to contact us on 1300 856 725 to discuss further. Thank you!

Richard P.

Let me rephrase my questions so maybe I can get a definitive answer: Does the bike function as a bike with the battery removed. I realize it is obviously easier with battery power, I want to know if the bike is usable without the battery attached to the bike?

Greg R
Greg R

Yes, but resistance and heavy.

Leitner   DM

Thanks for your message. Yes, you can ride the bike without battery power like a push bike, but it will be alot harder to do so due to resistance and weight from motor and bike. Hope this helps. Thank you and let us know if you have any further questions. Feel free to contact us on 1300 856 725 to discuss or email at sales@leitner.com.au

gmfishon
gmfishon · Berlin

Do these bikes plug into American electric plugs, standard household 110 ?

Leitner   DM

Hi gmfishon, All of the eBikes purchased through our USA store will be able to plug into standard household outlets (American plugs).

We hope that this information helps and please reach out to us at sales@leitnerdirect.com if you have any further questions.

All the best,
Leitner Team

Mike P. · Berlin

Did I see somewhere the straight bar is dual suspension?

Jason Shaw
Jason Shaw

No, it only has front suspension. so it is not a dually.

Mike P.

Thanks for answering the question. One more question. What make are the motors?

Leitner   DM

Thanks for your helpful reply Jason, you are absolutely correct. This straight bar eBike (Berlin Cruiser) has front suspension only.
@Mike P. : We do have a 26" Straight Bar eBike with dual suspension in our range! The CrossX Mountain eBike : external link
These models have the XOFO Brushless Geared motors with 250W power and a 36V voltage.
I hope this helps!

Mike P.

Thanks Jason for your suggestions regarding the crossX sounds like a good alternative. If a motor goes on the bike, what is the replacement cost?

Leitner   DM

Hi again Mike. The motors that come standard with our road-bikes (including the CrossX Mountain eBike) are $179.00 + shipping fee (<$18 for shipping).
In my experience though, if the motor stops working it can actually be resolved by replacing a part in the motor (internal gears) which are available for $55.00 + shipping (<$12 for shipping) and the motor itself is usually fine to go for years without the need for replacement.
If the issue occurs within your warranty period and a manufacturing defect is the cause, these parts may be sent and replaced by a technician free of charge!
These prices are true as of today (7th August 2019) but are subject to change.

Mike P.

Thanks very much Jason that was very helpful and a fair price. Look forward to riding

Jay Jay · Berlin

Are the electric chargers compatible in Australia?

Yes, it's a standard Aussie IEC power cable into a 240 volt input charger

Leitner   DM

Thanks for answering this one for me Steve! Not only is it greatly appreciated, it's also 100% correct as well!

Kind Regards

The Leitner Team

Jay Jay

Thank you both very much. Just one more question. Does the Libelle have an LCD Screen?

Leitner   DM

Hi Jay Jay, Our Australian models (including the Libelle) do not come with LCD screens - however, you can get a "bike computer" from most local bike stores! These can include speedometers, odometers etc.

The Libelle does come with a voltage display which also included an "on/off" button of the lights and "+/-" buttons to increase and decrease the level of motor assistance.

I hope this helps!

Kind regards, the Leitner Team.

Mark A
Mark A · Berlin

I live in Sydney hilly suburb and have a few streets with medium to steep incline. Anyone had any experience with steep uphills on this bike? Your thoughts?

Stevehug

Steep hills are absolutely no problem. You won't even notice them!

Jill
Jill · Berlin

Hi there, i’m Very interested in your ebikes. My question is about servicing. If there is a problem don’t the track where can you take it to get repaired or serviced, as I know you don’t have a shop front as such & only sell your bikes online? Thanks in advance. Regards Bob Fraser [email address removed]

Stevehug

Found the person I spoke to (Tim) via phone very friendly, helpful and knowledgeable. Subsequent emails were answered promptly. A replacement part arrived via express post the next morning. The fault that occured with mine was not one they had encountered before and is obviously not the norm. I am very happy with the bike.

Ram
Ram · Berlin

Hi,

Does Berlin model have puncture resistant tyres and can I inflate the wheels in a fuel station?

Thanks,

Ram

Stevehug

Standard car tyre valves, so yes you can inflate at a service station. Puncture resistant? - I don't know, but I put puncture sealant fluid in mine to guard against a puncture.

Phil

The tyres are not puncture proof- but you can get them. Good idea putting sealant inside or buying puncture proof tyres.

Leitner   DM

Hi Ram, the tyres are sturdy however not puncture proof. As mentioned above you can use third party products like sealant fluid, strips or even purchase puncture resistant tyres. Regarding inflating wheels at fuel stations: it is recommended to only inflate tyres with a dedicated bicycle tyre pump available for purchase at your local store. Air pressure pumps at fuel stations are primarily designed for cars and can damage bicycle tubes.

JPJP
JPJP · Berlin

One review said he had to peddle all the time while using your e-bikie is this true?

Phil

I've only had my Leitner for a few weeks and still experimenting. I bought it to expand my range, not take the easy way out. I've not tried really to ride on power without pedalling. It does slow down when you stop pedalling- I see no point in doi9ng this as range will drop substantially. You just need to keep pedal in support or vice versa.

phil

Leitner   DM

Hi thanks for your question. If you want to use the Pedal Assist function (which is where the motor engages to help you pedal) then yes you need to keep pedalling. You can have the assist set on High, Medium, Low or Off and you can go as fast as you can cycle. There is also the option to just use the throttle (no pedalling required), which comes speed-limited to 6km/h but can be unlocked to reach 25km/h for offroad use. The more you rely on the motor and the less effort you put in pedalling, then the faster the stored battery energy will deplete and so in turn your maximum range will reduce. The road bikes have the option of upgraded batteries for an additional $250 at the time of purchase that offer some 60% greater range Thanks Tim@Leitner ebikes

JAF
JAF

The above explanation from Leitner is spot on. Saturday past I went for a 40 klm bike ride without any assist for the first 20 klms then on my return trip I was faced with a head wind and used the power all the way home. Just make pedaling a breeze in head wind. I use the assist when the going get tough. Great bike well worth the money. ps no commercial interest from me in the Leitner Company.

Fran
Fran · Berlin

Hi my husband and I are wanting to buy a couple of Ebikes and these have been recommended. We live in Adelaide and would like to try them. Where can we do this? Thanks Fran

Leitner   DM

Dear Fran, Thanks for your message.

We do not have shops or showroom as we are an online retailer. However, we do have a number of volunteer ambassador, who volunteers to show their bikes to potential customers at their own time. Please note that they are volunteers only, not a shop. You can find if there is an ambassador near you on our website at external link  . Their details are listed on the website. We recommend to only test message or email them. I hope this helps. If you have any questions about our product or would like to discuss further in choosing the right bike, please contact us on 1300 856 725 or via email at sales@leitner.com.au

Thank you!

Regards,

Kitty

Leitner Team

Trevor
Trevor · Berlin

I am 188 cm tall and weigh 105 kg. Which of the range would be most suitable as a commuter bike? I don't quite understand something in the descriptions; is the top speed of 25 kp/hour only off road or for general traffic?

Hayley5077
Hayley5077 · Berlin

Hi. I am considering one of these bikes, is anyone able to tell me how long roughly they would take to ride about 10kms with one fairly decent hill, I am average fitness level (not a complete potato but not super fit)? Also I would be considering buying for commute to work so would it be okay after riding to work to ride home 8 hours later without charge?

Leitner   DM

Hi Hayley, thank you for your message. Your can certainly ride your Leitner bike to work and then ride it back 8 hours later. The time needed to do a 10km ride depends on many factors, e.g. hills and traffic lights. Google maps has a handy tool to estimate travel times by bike. As Leitner bikes are electric, it will make the ride much easier as compared to riding a pushbike. I hope this information helps.

Ebikecvan
Ebikecvan · Berlin

Do these bikes come with anti theft locks?

Neil C
Neil C

No lock included, however you can unlock and take the battery with you, for charging and security purposes. Would recommend to lock in an CCTV area, and get your driving licence number stamped on the bottom of the frame, for example NSW1234567, then the police could find your details if stolen and recovered.

Get an answer from our members and Leitner representatives

Select a listing for your question
Leitner Berlin

Extra Information

ProductReview.com.au award logo

Leitner Berlin is a ProductReview.com.au Awards Winner for 2024, 2021. Learn more

300x600