728x90
4Leitner Berlin

Leitner Berlin Questions & Answers (page 3)

Verified🏆 2024 Award
Tanas
Tanas · Berlin

I have bought a bike (cruiser) from a person who bought it for his wife and found it unsuitable for her so they on sold it to me .They had it a few months and used a minimal of times and charged it a couple times . I rode it a few times approx 5km .The battery began to discharge . I re charged it . I went for a long ride ,with out any notice the battery discharged after approx 7km . I have since tried to recharge it with out any success. the charger ,battery and bike meter show charged ,the battery power cuts out immediately under load. The bike is under 9 months and has had very little use. What could the problem be ? Ephram Leitner says it is not under warranty ,because it is now second hand. I am over 300km from Perth.

vivpat
vivpat

Sounds like battery problem to me, either previous owner never looked after it or battery is faulty..

Dicko
Dicko

I am not an expert but agree with the previous comment. You could get your local auto electrician to check the battery with a volt meter. You never know the previous owner may have swapped the battery and sold the new battery to another person replacing it with an old battery. This is just a guess but an auto electrician will be able to judge the state of the battery. If it is not this you may have a wiring problem which the Auto electrician will also be able to tell you.

tom.redcama
tom.redcama

Battery is showing charged, but cuts out under load. I would think it could be the controller. I am not aware how to load test Iridium batteries, do auto electricians ? One test may or not help is to disconnect the throttle restriction. Leitner shows how at the end of the manuals for off road purposes only, but this is dependant on how old the ebike is. I believe earlier models cannot be disconnected. While the controller cover is off I would check for water ingress too. Are any of your cables/wires pinched ?

KitschWitch
KitschWitch

"Ephram Leitner says it is not under warranty ,because it is now second hand."

This contradicts the statement in many reviews about great customer service!

Actually, according to the ACCC, the original warranty does apply to second-hand goods, as it should:

Consumer guarantees: A guide for consumers - ACCC (https://www.accc.gov.au/Fsystem%/files%/Consumer%20Guarantees%20A%20guide%20for%20consumers_0.pdf )

Get an answer from our members and Leitner representatives

Select a listing for your question
Leitner Berlin

Extra Information

ProductReview.com.au award logo

Leitner Berlin is a ProductReview.com.au Awards Winner for 2024, 2021. Learn more

300x600