Leitner Libelle

Leitner Libelle

Malcolm

MalcolmRichmond-Tweed, NSW

Excellent result with "after sales " problem

Firstly I am very happy with my Leitner folding bike, and particularly happy that my problem with the electric charger was resolved rapidly under warranty. From Express Post shipment to home in Nthn NSW was only 2 days.

Purchased in July 2020.

Garry

GarrySouth East Queensland, QLD

Great for exercise & mobility as limited by a back problem.

After 3 years of good service a fault developed which local repairer did not accurately diagnose. This resulted in purchase & fitting of unnecessary (expensive) replacement parts.

Involvement of Leitner resulted in being referred to a different repairer who quickly correctly diagnosed problem. Leitner have now dispatched correct parts AT NO COST.

Very satisfied with Leitner after sales service.

Purchased in September 2017 for A$1,100.00.

Wonderful find, love my Libelle.

Purchased Libelle after much research, kept coming back to this bike for recreational cycling. Ordered on a Friday, very easy, delivered Tuesday. I am a middle aged women, put the bike together, rode it , after a few laps of the local school to get my head around the gear/gear changes and the introduction of the power, its a whole new world, wonderful, feel very confident and free. I did have a small tech question, Leitner came straight back, all good. Great product, fast professional service, I would highly recommend. I know I will get many hours, indeed years of enjoyment. Pam Davey Victoria.

Purchased in September 2020 at Leitner Online store for A$1,030.00.

Find out how Leitner Libelle compares to other Electric Bikes

Very happy with our purchase

Purchased 2 Libelle,s 2 months ago ,very happy with our purchase.Easy to put together and bikes fit great in SUV when collapsed.Went for the 16 amp battery,but have come nowhere near running out of charge .We mostly just use the throttle and its great although pedal assist works well.The bikes are very well made and
Our order was delivered on time.Would recommend Leitner.

Purchased in May 2020.

Not happy at allSydney, NSW

Great bike no support

Although yes a lovely bike , if you’re outside of Melbourne ( Sydney ) there is zero help from Leitner . I have had 2 Leitner’s over 3 years ( daily commute ) when there’s a problem - it’s almost catastrophic as no Sydney store will help and Leitner almost shrug and roll their eyes .

Purchased in January 2018 at Leitner Online store for A$1,200.00.

Leitner E.Leitner

Perfect bike for grandparents keeping up with grandchildren

I recently purchased a ladies Libelle fold up bike and have been enjoying riding most days with family, it has all the features that I was looking for eg. speedo, front and rear lights, reflectors, pedal assist and throttle.One of the best features is that it folds away and we can take it with us where ever we go. I must say we had trouble with our battery charger and rang Leitner to report it, we had a replacement within 24 hours and couldn't have asked for better service, thank you to Alex. I would highly recommend leitner for their bikes and service to anyone who is thinking of buying one as I have had so much enjoyment with my bike.

Purchased in May 2020 for A$1,300.00.

Tim

TimAU

A high quality, affordable bike

I picked up the bike on Monday afternoon and assembled it. Everything was there and I did not need any other tools than were provided in the ample toolkit. Everything fitted and the manual was most comprehensive. I was very impressed with the sturdiness, quality and thought that had gone into the bike. It came with mudguards, chain guard and connected front and rear lights. I took it for a ride today and found that I can get all the exercise I want on the flat and just power up the hills!

Purchased in June 2020 at Leitner Online store for A$1,245.00.

senior citizen

senior citizenSydney, NSW

I don't know why I waited so long

We purchased 2 libelle folding e bikes from Leitner 3 months ago and we have been enjoying riding them each day, during the lock down. I love the freedom they give my husband and I. They are easy to ride while still giving us gentle exercise. They take us up small inclines with ease.

Purchased in March 2020 at Leitner Online store for A$1,261.10.

Play s.

Play s.Illawarra, NSW

nice mechanics and aesthetics, not convinced by power/battery

Purchased in September 1999 at online for A$1,198.00.

Bill

BillIllawarra, NSW

I bought a Leitner Libelle folding bike one month ago and am very happy with it.

I particularly like the fact that I can get the bike moving to walking pace with the hand throttle, as I am a bit wobbly at the start. Not unusual at my age of 83 years.
The instructions provided on line are very extensive and easy to follow. Assembly was no problem at all. The fact that I can choose several levels of assistance means I can still get as much exercise as I want. My previous male bike was becoming a worry for me as I felt unsafe due to the main bar. Now with the step through my confidence has returned.

Purchased in February 2020 at Leitner Online store.

Gerry

GerryPerth, WA

Leitner Libelle Folding Bike

I bought a Leitner Libelle Folding Bike with a 16 AH battery around 3 months ago and it arrived well packed and intact. It was easy to put together with not much assembly needed and has performed flawlessly since then. I got the bigger 16AH battery as we live in the hills in the Perth WA Darling Ranges and figured that the extra range would come in handy which has proved to be the case. I was amazed with the speed of delivery and with the quality of the build so would have no hesitation in recommending Leitner to anyone. I'm over 70 with pretty dodgy knees so it enables me to continue to enjoy riding without too much effort.

Purchased in October 2019 at On line.

None

NoneNorth Queensland, QLD

Lots of fun

Thought about buying electric bikes for a while, researched and looked at a few but when we saw the Leitner bikes we could see that they filled our needs. Other bikes are up to twice the price with no better quality. Delivery was fast, assembly was easy and the bikes are living up to our expectations, or better.

Purchased in November 2019 at Leitner Online store for A$1,395.00.

Graeme

GraemeSouth-Eastern Region, NSW

Fantastic Libelle bike

Purchased in October 2017 for A$1,080.00.

Absolutely love my new Leitner Libelle folding electric bike.

Purchased new Leitner ebike, company great to deal with. Bike is fantastic, great build, all works as advertised. No complaints, very happy. Great to purchase from Aussie company with someone you can phone and get return call same day.

Purchased in October 2019.

Awesome little ebike

great bike ,on the street and so much fun off road on walking trails and anywhere really ,looking to buy another battery to carry on the rack to extend the range!

Adrian

AdrianSoutheast, SA

Great Bike

The Libelle was a birthday present , my partner was extremely happy with it. The customer service was excellent , delivery was quick and was well packed . I will be looking at purchasing the Berlin Cruiser in the near future .Cheers

Purchased in August 2019 at Leitner Online store for A$1,125.00.

Excellent product at exceptional price point.

Great staff, rapid shipping, good follow up. Bike is nice looking and rides great. I was impressed by the level of care the bike was packed in the box. It was easy to finish assembly. Would buy again.

Purchased in July 2019 at Leitner Online store for A$1,149.00.

Great customer service

Thank you Jennifer your customer service was great, delivery was so quick and everything was packed so good there was no damage when unpacked. Really impressed. Instructions on web site made it easy to assemble. Purchased x 2 for back of motor home.

Purchased in April 2019 at Leitner.

Carol C.

Carol C.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

love my bike

I purchased my libelle folding e-bike from Leitner. The customer relations was excellent - thank you Jennifer and Tim .Having lung disease I get breathless upon exertion and I thought my bike riding days were over. not so with this ebike. It is sturdy,reliable and easy to ride due to pedal assist - it is also really good to look at !!!! I love my bike and the fun it gives me - thank you Leitner.

Purchased in February 2019.

Fits our needs

Received bike 1week ago and it was together and on the road in under 1hr
My wife has a bad hip and I have 1 knee, bone on bone so the bike is excellent for getting us both exercising and when we get the next one we will be ready for trips in the car and exploring on the bikes
Thanks Learner for a great quality package
Regards Graham

Date PurchasedDec 2018
See all Leitner Electric Folding Bicycle reviews

Martin S.

Martin S.asked

Hi
Which foldable e-bike can I use in Victoria without a license and on public roads?

Leitner E.Leitner

Hi Martin, Thanks for your message. The three folding models, Tirol, Libelle and Super T are all road legal with PAS mode of up to 25km/hr. The throttle would only go up to 6km/hr, which is road legal. For more information, please visit our website at https://leitner.com.au/ or give our friendly customer service team a call on 1300 856 725. Hope this helps. Thank you!
Regards,
Leitner team

Fred B.

Fred B.asked

Libelle

Hello, having two flats in rear tyre,removing and replacing rear wheel I must have twisted the cable exiting
axle of rear wheel,would you please supply pinouts info,so I can check for o/c,thank you Clive.

SixP
SixP

Contact Leitner direct
Their contact info is on their website

Clive
Clive

Thank you,Fred.may I add having had my bike for a couple of years it is a quality item.

Gus

Gusasked

Libelle

Can you please provide the specifications for each fold up model, ie weight, battery capacity, average distance etc.?

Leitner E.Leitner

Hi, Thanks for your message. All our folding bikes weighs around 24kg including the battery. There are two types of batteries available, 10Ah or 16Ah. 10Ah battery will give you a range of up to 20-50km and 16Ah battery will give you up to 32-80km. This figure depends on the weight of the rider, condition of the road and amount of assistance you required. For example, when pedalling with PAS, the bike can go up to 50km on a flat terrain with a 70kg rider pedalling with low-medium assist. If the rider is heavier, if there are hills and if you use high assistance, the range will reduced. If you have more questions, please feel free to contact us on 1300 856 725 to discuss further. Thanks!

Get an answer from our members and Leitner representatives