Easily tackles a range of terrain
Comfortable and irons out road bumps
Folds away for simple storage
Very poor quality
My wife bought a pair of these in late 2019 for us to enjoy caravanning. Sadly this didn't happen, however i did try and use mine during the pandemic.
This is my first ebike and it is a huge disappointment.
I was cycling around 50k a week, but this in no longer possible. Last week the battery deteriorated so now I can only get 5k between charges, which now take all night.
Also the build quality is extremely poor. 4 spokes have broken, for no reason, both brake cables have snapped, and several times the front disk brake just locks up and won't come on.
My old bike is over 20 years old and i have never had these problems.
Purchased in November 2019 for $1,200.00.
Didn't last 3 years
This bike deserves ZERO stars.
Firstly how did this lump of crap win an award?
I have been cycling for around 30 years and I have NEVER had such an inadequate inferior troublesome bike. I have had $50 gumtree bikes that outperform this piece of junk. I have years of experience building and maintaining bikes. And if you follow the leitner recommended maintenance schedule your bike is done for. I have gone above and beyond to keep this piece of crap running but ultimately the bike went in the skip at the end of October. 2 years and 7 months aft...er purchase. My daily commute is 4.8k to work. 1 decent hill, so mostly low and medium assist, until the hill climb up to work. When I got the bike 45-50k on the battery no problem. This lasted for around 18 months then the battery just went off a cliff. The range dropped to 5k, so I could (just) get to work, then dropped to 3k range making this bike absolutely useless. His crappy bike only has 500 cycles on its battery, much inferior to the majority of other ebikes that are 800-1000+ recharge cycles. Also at $400 and up for a replacement battery they are a rip off. Similar batteries for competitor bikes are less than half that price.
Purchased in March 2018 at Leitner Online store for $1,100.00.
Questions & Answers
What is the distance from the top of the pedal at its lowest point to the top of the seat ?
It varies from 60-70cm depending on the seat height
I would NOT recommend this bike.
It’s is terrible quality, after sales care is nonexistent, and replacements are exorbitantly expensive. $400 for a new battery, $300 fir a new wheel.
Thanks for your interest in our bikes.
If you had any further questions or would like to speak with any of our staff, you are more than welcome to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We pride ourselves on having great after-sales support, where you can reach out to us for any questions or concerns with your Leitner and we are more than happy to help wherever possible.
As for the parts themselves, we provide a 1-year warranty on the electrical components for our bikes. If you were to need spares or replacements down the track, we stock a majority of the parts right here in Melbourne at a competitive price.
I hope this helps and we wish you all the best!
I have a Super T that was purchased in November 2020.When riding there is a high pitched clicking sound coming from the back wheel.I have adjusted the De Railer but the noise is still there.I think it is the spokes so I have inspected them and none are loose.Has anyone else experienced this problem and if so what is the remedy.
Thanks for your message.
We suspect it can be loose spokes if it is a clicking noise or loose motor cover screw. We suggest to contact our team at 1300 856 725 or via email at email@example.com so we can asisst you further. Thank you!
I bought a repco bike pump for my Super T but it doesn’t connect properly. What pump would you recommend?
Thanks for your message.
You will need a Schrader valves pump. If you have any other questions, please contact our team at 1300 856 725 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org for a prompt response. Thank you!
Get an answer from our members and Leitner representatives
- The Leitner SuperT is a foldable electric bike with a full suspension frame that’s designed for the road.
- The e-bike has puncture-resistant tyres with reflective sidewall striping, so it can handle a pothole or two and still be safe to ride.
- A 36V, 250W motor gives this bike the power to go 20-50km before needing another charge (and 32-80km if you upgrade to a 16Ah battery).
- This bike can go up to 25km/h, making it suitable for Australian roads - you don’t even need a licence.
- It’s listed as most suited for riders 160cm and taller, and has a seat height (measured from the ground to the seat’s surface) as being able to be adjusted from 81 to 90cm.
- The Leitner SuperT is available in red, silver, and black, and costs $1319.
Points of praise:
- Most reviewers found that features like puncture-resistant tyres and pedal assist made the electric bike easily tackle a range of terrains.
- They also found that riding this bike was very comfortable, largely due to the full suspension that ironed out bumps in the road.
- According to reviewers, this bike fits easily in tight spaces, making storage a fuss-free affair.
Other Electric Bikes
ProductReview.com.au has affiliate partnerships. These do not influence our content moderation policies in any way, though ProductReview.com.au may earn commissions for products/services purchased via affiliate links.