2Leitner Tirol

Leitner Tirol Questions & Answers

Tom · Tirol

I love my Tirol! - I know that sounds a bit weird but I don't care, it is a great bike. I have one very small complaint: the handle bars do not go down far enough, despite the range of adjustment. There is also a large amount of the handle bar pole above its housing. I know a possible answer - The profile runs the full length of the handle bar pole so it would be easy to trim the pole to an appropriate length while ensuring that there is still enough of the pole to ensure the safe length is held in its housing. Am loath to do such a thing even though cutting and re-finished the end of the aluminium pole is easily done at home because i have no doubt it would void the guarantee. If someone knew of another way to fix this, I would very much appreciate it.

Leitner   DM

Hi Tom, Great to hear that you're loving your bike!

I would recommend that you discuss your handlebar height with your local bike shop. They should be able to advise you on how best to accomplish this.

Regards,
Leitner Team

Tom

Many thanks, all sorted, cheers, t

Donna T.
Donna T.

Hi Tom, What did you end up doing to lower the handlebars? I am having the same issue. Thanks

Tom

being quite handy with such things, I carefully trimmed the handlebar post and refinished the end to match the original and reinserted it in the housing - worked like charm and very secure. The metal is an aluminium alloy which cuts easily with a good quality hacksaw and finishes with a fine metal file. I didn't wet and dry sand it as the shaft finish would have been affected.

John21
John21 · Tirol

Has anyone been able to put a baby seat on the foldable versions? We are after a foldable for camping but have a 9 month old.

Leitner   DM

Hello John, We would recommend to check with your local bicycle store regarding compatible
Accessories such as this is not something we recommend or have tested on our bicycles.
Leiter

Leitner   DM

Hi John, I would have a chat with your local bike shop about what is available in baby seats that will suit a 20" bike. They would have the knowledge and expertise about suitability and safety for this.
Regards
Leitner Team

Rod M.
Rod M. · Tirol

Wanting to speak with rep about Leitner Tirol. Can you provide contact details for rep around inner city Sydney?

jad
jad · Tirol

We have had a Libelle and Tirol for just over a year. Has anyone had issues with broken spokes in the rear wheel of their Tirol?
And if so what response did you get from Leitner? Cheers

Ed Lecons
Ed Lecons · Tirol

Leitner Tirol; please state weight including battery
Delivery cost to Brisbane
Service available in Brisbane ?

Jeff
Jeff

The weight is about 20 kilos, delivery costs vary depending on where you live, but Melbourne was $80.00 to $100.00

Leitner   DM

Hi Ed, thanks for reaching out. The Tirol weighs ~23.5 kg with battery or about 20.5kg without the battery.

Yes, we have many repair agents and shops that we work with in Brisbane, including a Leitner retailer who sells and services the bikes.

For freight costs, please reach out to us directly by phone or email. We will need your exact postcode and suburb name to generate the quote. Thank you!

Regards, Leitner team.

Stacey
Stacey · Tirol

How to stop tirol handle bars from creaking?

Pam

Hi Stacey, my model is the Linelle, and must admit I don't have that problem. My advise is contact Leitner they are very prompt in getting back, and are very helpful.
Good luck with your Bike.
Regards

Leitner   DM

Dear Stacey, Thanks for your message. We have already received your email and our team member will be assisting you with your enquiry. Dear Pam, Thanks for your assistance, and you are right, we always recommend customers to contact us directly via phone on 1300 856 725 or email at sales@leitner.com.au if there is any questions or issues with the bikes. Thank you!
Regards,
Leitner team

Malcolm M.
Malcolm M. · Tirol

Motor making squeak/rattle. Low noise at low speed, more pronounced as speed is greater. Checked chain alignment and derailleur and its adjustment. Noise seems to coming from the motor. HELP.

Woo
Woo · Tirol

I need a wiring diagram of my throttle. Any help?

Eccles
Eccles

Sorry, no. I haven't researched anything like that. Good luck.

Leitner   DM

Hi Woo, thank you for your message. We are trying to answer most questions in this forum, however if we are to send technical information and pictures please email us directly via our website external link  so that we can assist you further. Thank you. Regards, Leitner eBikes

W.E.H.
W.E.H.

See Leitner

ben
ben · Tirol

is this bike suitable for a 6 foot 2 inch male?

alanz

I'm 6 foot, so doubt a few extras inches would matter. the only issue might be the length of the seat pole. I had to replace mine anyway as I cross threaded the tilt adjustment.

James
James · Tirol

how to unlock my leitner battery bike to go speeds of 25kms?

alanz

It's in the user guide. You unscrew the plate near the pedals. The is a little cable that you unplug. Screw the plate back on and it then goes 26kph

Get an answer from our members and Leitner representatives

Select a listing for your question
Leitner Tirol