Leitner Step Through

Leitner Step Through Questions & Answers

25 questions from our users

Anne W.

Anne W.asked

Why wont my throttle work properly

Russ

Anne a couple of reasons i can relate. Firstly i suppose is the off button has been pushed perhaps accidentally .. press again to turn throttle on. Next, if you are holding brake leavers just a little, the electric throttle is disconnected. Next, if the bike is travelling above 6 kms/hr, the throttle is inactive, Next would be an operational situation if the throttle is being asked to drive the bike up a very steep incline of over very rutted road, i would suspect some difficulty for the throttle drive. The last thing i can think of is the battery is flat or very low. Above those suggestion, i would suggest speaking with Leitner to determine if a product defect is present. Cheers. Russ

Leitner E.Leitner

Hi Anne, Can you please send us an email or give us a call, so we can discuss with you and understand what is happening please? Thank you and we will work with you on this. Thank you!

Sue

Sueasked

What is the weight of the Milan

Russ

Hi Sue. The weight less battery is approx 21 Kgs....the battery I think is approx 10 Kgs. While heavier than a regular push bike, I find I don't notice the weight being a problem, the electrics just take over when riding and I use the manual gears in low (gear 1) with no electrics when in tight spots,.... again no issue with the weight .... I'm in Perth if that helps with a test ride albeit the 26 model step through.

Montauk

Montaukasked

Where can I find the specs on these e- bikes . I’m trying to help my sister purchase an e-bike , I’m a cyclist and myself don’t know about them but with detail specs that would help after looking at the reviews I want to know about them .

Leitner E.Leitner

Hi, thank you for your message. You can see the full range of Leitner products at https://www.leitner.com.au/ . In order to assist your sister to choose the right bike for her, please contact us to discuss further at 1300 856 725 or send us an email at sales@leitner.com.au . Thank you and we look forward to hearing from you.

Russ

All details and specs are on the Leitner web page and the step through is covered at www.leitner.com.au/leitner-electric-bike-step-through-250w-red.html. If you live in Perth I'd be happy to show you our cruiser step through. Great bikes ..... My contact details on the Leitner web page. Good luck Russ

Peter Blackmoreasked

What price for the electric step through please.

Leitner E.Leitner

Hi Peter, thanks for your interest with the Venice Cruiser. For more information about pricing and spec of the bike, please refer to our website. https://www.leitner.com.au/leitner-electric-bike-step-through-250w-red.html . Please enter your postcode and suburb to get a quote for shipping. Thank you!

2323 Peter Blackmore
2 Malay Street Ashtonfield
blackmo@bigpond.com

Leitner E.Leitner

Hi Peter, Thanks for your message. Shipping a Venice to Ashtonfield is $134.47. Hope this helps. Thank you!

skip w.

skip w.asked

where is the bike made and what is the warranty?

Leitner E.Leitner

Thanks for your message. Founder of Leitner ebike is German. We source different parts from around the world, such as Shimano gears, Samsung batteries and etc. The final assembly is done overseas in China. We stock our ebikes in Melbourne and have been trading locally in Australia for over six years. The electrical components, such as the battery, motor, voltage display comes with one year warranty and there is two years warranty on the frame. Hope this helps. If you have more questions, please feel free to contact us on 1300 856 725 to discuss further.

Peter Blackmoreasked

What wheel size would you recommend for 175 cms which would also suit a 150cms so that both my wife and I can utilise?

Martin Bray

Martin Brayasked

What replacement brake pads do I purchase for a Venice Cruiser ?

Julie

Julieasked

What is the weight? What kind of battery and how many kms does a fully charged battery take me?

BarryB
BarryB

I am not sure of the weight but it is quite heavy.
I have the 10 amp hour battery and ridden it locally many times and never used anywhere near the full battery, the battery should get the stated 50km in peddle assist.

Hi Julie,
Thanks for your message.
The weight of the Libelle folding bike including the battery is around 24kg. The battery itself weighs around 3kg. There are two capacity of battery, 10Ah and 16Ah battery. the 10Ah battery will give you up to 50km in range, however, it depends on the weight of the rider, condition of the road/trip and amount of assistance you required throughout the trip. And, the 16Ah battery will give you up to 80km in range and also depends on the above factors. Hope this helps. If you have more questions, please feel free to contact us on 1300 856 725.

Ellyasked

What is the weight of the Leitner step thru e-bike and who distributes them in New Zealand?
Eileen

Leitner E.Leitner

Hi Eileen, thanks for your enquiry. We offer various models of step-through ebikes. The 20inch wheel folding models weigh 24.3kg, the larger 24inch and 26inch cruisers (non-folding) weigh around 25kg. This is all including the battery, which by itself weighs some 3.5kg (+1kg for upgraded 16Ah battery) and is removable. Leitner only operates in Australia. thanks Tim@Leitner eBikes

Elly

Well that’s not very good if you don’t send them over the ‘ditch’!
Unhappy Kiwi

Lindsay

Lindsayasked

I have tried to open the Product details for the Leitner Electric Folding bike but it opens to the site “Similar Road Bikes”
I would like the Product details of this bike. I am keen to buy 2 subject to what I can read.

Hi Lindsay,
Sorry that you are having this issue!
Under "Product Description" there should be a small blue link called "Visit official website"
You can also click here for all the details on the Leitner eBikes: https://www.leitner.com.au/leitner-electric-bike-step-through-250w-red.html
Cheers, Jennifer

Karyn J

Karyn Jasked

I am 5foit tall and my inside leg measurement from ground to crotch is 60cm. I require a folding bike. What do you suggest?

Leitner E.Leitner

Hi Karyn, Thanks for your message. Our folding bikes are all 20inch and the minimum seat height measured from the ground to the seat is 79cm. You can further decrease this height by 2cm by cutting the seat pole which gives you around 77cm. Please check if this measurement is suitable for you as each individuals are built differently. Our Tirol Folding bike is a straight bar model. The Libelle folding bike is a step through model if you are not comfortable with lifting up your leg over the seat. Lastly, we have a Super T folding bike which is a straight bar model with dual suspension for more comfort. I hope this information helps. For further enquires, please contact is on 1300 856 725. We are more than happy to assist you in choosing the right bike for you. Thank you!

Lyn

Lynasked

Which leitner bike gives the highest handle bars in relation to the seat ( I need to sit up straight due to back injury)?

Hi Lyn,

Thanks for your message. The Super T will be what you are looking for. The minimum seat height (from ground to seat) is 79cm to 91cm and the Minimun height of the handle bar (from ground to handbar) is 105cm-117cm. I hope this helps. Thanks.

Marti

Martiasked

Hi Leitner,

I'm about 100kg. I'd like to use it to commute to work from Northern Beaches to North Sydney (8km) but quiet hilly.
I'm fit enough but don't want to do the super hard work of the the high hills every day.
Would you recommend step or frame? Are there any differences besides the looks?
Thanks!

Chris

Chrisasked

Do the bikes have a hand throttle?

Ton

Yes it does. You can also mod the speed which they have an instruction but not recommended.

Leitner E.Leitner

Hi Chris, thank you for your question. Yes, it is a twist hand throttle on the right hand side of the handle-bar. The standard setting of the throttle has a top speed of about 6km/h (walking speed) which can be used to provide assistance when taking off. As Ton has stated correctly the throttle can be unlocked to go 25km/h without pedaling (not to be used on public roads - off-road only). Unlocking the throttle takes about 5 minutes and instructions are provided.

Charlie
Charlie

Yes they have a hand throttle

Wooasked

how old do the battery last?

Ton

The first one last about 6mth. Second one about 9mth. Now on my third.

Sarge

Sargeasked

How heavy is the libelle?

Barnsey

Barnseyasked

Can you ride the bike without pedalling?

Frances F
Frances F

No, you have to pedal. If you stop pedalling or apply the brakes, the motor will stop too.

Woo

u can wire the bike to go with out peddaling 1 gray wire,i have succusspally don it it is in the back off the manual

Gerjinasked

Could you let me know if there is someone in the Northern rivers of NSW who could assemble the bike?

S.P.H.

Any bike shop should be able to assist in assembly. I'm on Sth coast of NSW. Good luck

Gerjin

Thanks - have the feeling bike shops wouldn't be so keen having lost a sale - but have heard of a traveling bike maintenance man so will try him

Davidg

Davidgasked

Has anyone experienced multiple broken spokes and squealing brakes with these bikes? I had that problem with another brand of cheaper bike that I bought.

Had mine 3 months with no problems. Couldn't be happier

Colin Peckhamasked

Can I charge battery of a 700watt inverter, and how long would it take?

Nola K
Nola K

Hi Colin, any technical questions would be best answered by the team at Leitner. Go to their website and give them a call or send an email. They are so helpful and friendly. Cheers Nola

Thanks, but I had a positive yes from a CMCA member [Caravan Club]

Get an answer from our members and Leitner representatives