Leitner Milan

49 questions from our users

steve
steveasked
Milan

Hi i am thinking of buying my wife a ebike.
Height 5"3
Age 69
Current seat height on her old bike 90cm
Which model would you recommend
Cheers Steve

Maren
Maren

Hi Steve,
I am about the same size as your wife and have had the Leitner Milan for 18 months and absolutely love it. I live in the country and can zoom the 3 kms uphill to my local shop in no time. It did take some time to get used to the upright riding position. I do lots of riding on rail trails with my girlfriends and I find this bike suits all types of surfaces.

Boz
Bozasked
Milan

How would this bike go with a children’s bike seat mounted in the seat pole (just below the seat) - would the battery be in the way?

Hi Boz,

Thanks for your interest in our bikes!

While we do not provide child seats, we have had a number of customers use them on our bikes in the past without issue.

However, most of the customers who have done this have used seats that attach to the rear axle or the rear rack of the bike.

Please note, as we do not provide these types of accessories, we would only recommend doing so at your discretion as we cannot guarantee the suitability or functionality of a third-party accessoriy.

I hope that this helps and if you had any other questions or concerns, feel free to email us at sales@leitner.com.au.

Thanks,

Maria T.
Maria T.

Never attach a baby seat solely off a seat post of any bicycle.
Seat post racks have a load limit of 10kg.
A baby seat plus a child old enough to be in a bicycle baby seat is over this limit.
Maria Teixeira

John F.
John F.asked

Does it fold up

Sharon B.
Sharon B.asked
Milan

Does the step through 20 inch e bike have an integrated lock?

Graeme and Vivian
Graeme and Vivian

The only lock is the Battery key lock that locks the battery into place

Dear Sharon,
Thanks for your message.
Graeme is right. The lock is on the battery where you can lock it safetly in the bike. If you wish to get a security lock for the bike, please visit your local bike shop. Hope this helps. Thank you. If you have any other questions, please contact our team at 1300 856 725 or via email at sales@leitner.com.au

Jenny
Jennyasked

Help! I'm 4' 10" or 148cm tall. Can the bike be modified to suit me? Jenny

Dear Jenny,
Thanks for your message. The smallest bike we offer is the Aria 16" and suitable for riders 5 foot (152cm or above). You can check the dimensions of the bike on our website to see if it is suitable for you. The minimum seat height measured from the ground up to top of the seat is about 74cm. Hope this helps. Thank you! If you have any other questions, please contact Leitner team on 1300 856 725 or via email at sales@leitner.com.au

Tony
Tonyasked
Milan

I purchased a Leitner bike December 2019. It’s the 2nd one we’ve had. Everything was great until we got caught by rain one time. I opened the box to drain the water and placed a hairdryer to dry the unit out. Next morning was fine, everything worked. Next day when I turned the key it took off by itself. Now nothing. I’ve just sprayed all the connections with a contact cleaner spray. Still nothing. Anyone have any advice? I’ve emailed Leitner twice asking for advice but still haven’t heard back?
Thanks.

Hi Tony,

Sorry to hear that your bike is not working after you got caught in the rain. Please contact our friendly customer service team on 1300 856 725 or via email at sales@leitner.com.au and we will be able to assist you further.

Thank you and we look forward to hearing from you.

Kerryasked
Milan

Hi, I am almost ready to purchase 2 Leitner ebikes and am totally confused with sizes as when I have looked at ebikes in the bike shops they all tell me 24 or 26 inch step through bikes are too small for 5'4 and 5'7 females.
How do the Leitner sizes correspond to the small, medium or large of other brands of bikes?
Birgit

Leitner E.Leitner

Dear Kerry, Thanks for your message. We would suggest the 24" Milan Cruiser for 5'4" riders and 26" Venice Cruiser for 5'7" riders. Please check out the bikes' dimensions on your weight ensuring the minimum seat height is suitable for the riders as everyone is built differently. You would like to ensure that the riders will be able to have both feet touching the ground while at stationary. Please visit our website for dimensions: https://leitner.com.au/collections/electric-bikes. Hope this helps. If you have further questions, please feel free to contact our friendly customer service team on 1300 856 725 or via email at sales@leitner.com.au to discuss further. Thank you!

FrankV
FrankV

Hi Birgit,
I would recommend you sit on a bike or two before purchasing one as once you buy the bike your stuck with it so i would suggest you sit on a few bikes and even take one or two for a test ride before you purchase one.

Frank

Kerry

Hi Frank, thank you and I have taken a couple for test ride except not the Leitner which measure their bikes differently, I need to get my trusty tape measure out this weekend and go off their printed measurements.
Birgit

Jumaur
Jumaurasked
Milan

How does the Leitner Step through e bike handle going up hills and also how efficient are the brakes coming down hill?

Fangio
Fangioasked
Milan

Where are these bikes manufactured please.

Michelle L.
Michelle L.asked
Milan

Is this company located in Australia please?

Leitner E.Leitner

Hi Michelle, Thanks for your message. Our warehouse and office is located in Melbourne and we ship our products Australia wide. Please give us a call on 1300 856 725 or email at sales@leitner.com.au if you have any further questions. Thank you!

JohnO
JohnOasked
Milan

Where [ what Country ], .are Leitner bikes made?.
Do you send bike freight free to NSW?.
Are spare parts easily available?.
Is there a [ DIY ] kit bike at a reduced price?.

Ted

hello JohnO I think you might have me mixed up I am just a customer i don't work for Leitner I don't know where there bikes are made But I can tell you I am very pleased with my step through . I have done well over 1500 kS on it now going well so go ahead with you purchase you wont be disapointed .

Jim M.
Jim M.asked
Milan

I have been looking at all the manuals and they refer to a grey wire. Unfortunately I haven't been able to locate a grey wire, unless they have changed the color coding to a different color???

Leitner E.Leitner

Dear Jim, Thanks for your message. Note that the grey wire only apply to models prior to 2020. All models in 2020 do not have grey wire. Please download the instructions manual on our website with instructions for 2020 models. Or, please simply contact our friendly customer service team on 1300 852 725 or via email at sales@leitner.com.au for more information. Thank you and we look forward to hearing from you.

Jim M.
Jim M.asked
Milan

I have a new Leitner folding bike and the throttle does not work. How do I unlock it, it was indicated to disconnect grey wires but there isn't ant and there is orange and blue / red and black wires not connected in the wiring harness, should they be connected??
Jim M

Ted

It is explained in the online manual, just go to the Leitner website and click on the manual for you r bike, I have managed to unlock my throttle, but by doing so you are turning your bike into a electric motor=r bike so just be aware of that, I have also managed to reset the speed limiter regulation state it must be set at 25 but I found that a bit slow since resetting the speed limiter and unlocking the throttle it becomes a decent bike I don’t use the throttle except to take of and at traffic lights.. Ps you can unlock the throttle on the trip computer if it comes equiped with one
I love the bike I have clocked up 1500 kms on it since late June.

Leitner E.Leitner

Dear Jim, Thanks for your message. 2020 Leitner models do not have grey wire. You can download the instructions manual on our website with instruction to assist you in this. Note that this is only for off road use and not road legal. You can also give our friendly customer service team a call on 1300 856 725 or via email at sales@leitner.com.au to assist you further.

Dear Ted, Thanks for your assistance with Jim. We hope you are enjoying your bike!

Marie-Louise B.
Marie-Louise B.

Hey Ted, how did you manage to override the speed limiter? I've been riding my husband's glowworm bike that doesn't have the speed limiter and goes like lightning, so I'm a bit frustrated on my new Leitner...

Chris H.
Chris H.asked
Milan

Can I ask who makes the motor for the bikes please?

Mauster48
Mauster48

XOFO according to the website

Winston Holmesasked
Milan

Good Evening. I am about to purchase an electric bike after searching the internet for all the varied options and makes. My budget is $1500 max (including freight).
I live in Bunbury WA and I note freight varies quite considerably between Companies from "free" to over two hundred + $'s (not sure why the difference).
Anyway I tried to get your calculation but wasn't happy to proceed nearly all the way thru the order process just to get a figure. I would appreciate it therefore if you could send details.
I am considering a 26 inch step thru or the larger "ultimate" or similar.
I'm not finding it easy buying on line and worry should i have some problems with whatever bike I buy along the way - do you have a repair agent somewhere in WA?
I guess its fair to say I am leaning towards one of your bikes (like the recent award you won) but I am also looking at a "Hamburg" trecking; "Hasa Swift"; and the Bullshark Road Electric Bike. They all have their selling points such as pricing, large discounts, free freight or low freight and so on.
Any thing you could add to help me feel confident that your bikes are the best buy would be appreciated.
By the way I am a fit 77yo who enjoys a ride but finds that strong winds and hills are becoming more of a deterrent!!
Thanking you in anticipation. Kind regards. Winston Holmes (0466971252)

Yes it was me

Hi Winston,
Thanks for your message. All freight costs goes directly to the freight companies. It is calculated using the size and weight of the carton and your location. All freight is transported via road not air, hence the high cost. Lithium Ion batteries cannot be shipped via air unfortunately. You can simply give our customer service team a call on 1300 856 725 or send us an email at sales@leitner.com.au to see if we can search around and find a cheaper courier option for you. For example, shipping a cruiser bike to Bunbury WA 6230 is around $205 via a different courier than our default courier. Hope this helps. Please contact our customer service team to discuss further. We look forward to hearing from you.

Winston Holmes

Good morning - Thanks for the above and Alex's phone call that I missed.
After reviewing the different options for a mid priced e-bike I have narrowed it down between a Leitner or one from another Company. That Company has come up with a great price by dropping the freight component.

I understand your approach to the freight charges and therefore request your very "best" total cost on :

26 inch Berlin "step-thru" or 26 inch Berlin "step over"

Originally I was interested in the "Ultimate" but note it is out of stock. If that situation is likely to change in the near future I'd appreciate your "best" price for an "Ultimate" .

I wonder if there is a place in WA where I could get service work done if necessary.

Thanking you in anticipation. If necessary I could be contacted on 0466971252.

Kind regards. Winston Holmes

louise
louiseasked
Milan

what is the warranty on your e bikes?

Hi Louise,

We provide a 1-year warranty on the electrical components of the bike (e.g. Battery, Motor, Controller etc.).

Then we provide a 2-year warranty on the frame itself.

Please note, warranty only covers manufacturing defects or faults and does not cover water/liquid damage, accidental damage or misuse.

I hope that this helps and please reach out if you have any further questions or concerns.

Thanks!
-Leitner team.

Nuria Rivera
Nuria Riveraasked
Milan

where Can I get one of this electrical bike in Perth?

tombay26
tombay26asked
Milan

Thinking about purchasing a Leitner Venice ebike. Any recent reviews, recommendations or things to be aware of. Many thanks.

Denis L.
Denis L.asked

Can u go faster than 6kmph if u use throttle

Wilma K.
Wilma K.asked
Milan

Can anyone recommend a bike bar for the Milan Cruiser to use on a bike rack?

Get an answer from our members and Leitner representatives

Leitner Milan