Leitner Milan

Leitner Milan Questions & Answers

Jayne S.
Jayne S. · Milan 10Ah

I was most interested to read a comment about the length of the pedal crank on the 24" Milan cruiser being too long, and would definitely agree, it is!

I am 5'4" and have come off a couple of times when the inside pedal hit the ground, particularly on corners. An electric bike is very different to a regular bike where the inner crank is normally in the up position on corners, whereas if you are gliding on an ebike the pedal isn't necessarily in this position.

On researching pedal cranks, I found information for people shorter than 1.65 m (5’5″), cranks no longer than 160 mm are generally recommended. My Milan Cruiser 24" has pedal cranks which measure 200mm and only have a ground clearance of 40mm which is very dangerous.

I love this bike but it is extremely hazardous for this reason. I will be investigating to replace the cranks for much shorter ones, as my bike is out of warranty.

Tyrrell M.
Tyrrell M. · Milan

I have attempted to follow the instruction to unlock the throttle for off rd use however there are no two grey wires connected on the control box. Control box is Ex factory 2021. Please advise is it possible to unlock on the display? Or otherwise? Thanks

Leitner   DM

Dear Tyrrell, Thanks for your message. You should have a LCD display on your bike if your bike is from 2021, is this correct? If so, there is no grey wire as it is for the older models. Please contact our customer service team on sales@leitner.com.au and we will be able to assist you further. Or, you can download the manual for your bike (LCD display), page 25 will have instructions on how to unlock the throttle. Please note that this will make the bike no longer road legal and is for off road purposes only. Hope this helps. Thank you!

gerryn
gerryn · Milan

Cant get throttle to work on bike

Leitner   DM

Hi gerryn, Thanks for your message. Please contact our friendly customer service team on 1300 856 725 or email us on sales@leitner.com.au. Our team will be able to assist you. Thank you!

MarieH · Milan

Looking at a bike that I can use around the city and on bush tracks. Is the Milan suitable. Going for this one because I'm just short of 5' 2"

HighnDry
HighnDry

I love my Milan on paved roads (on a sunny day)...I've found bush tracks can be harder to steer unless the surface is quite well packed & not too gravelly. Also, I learned the hard way that Leitner bikes are Sunny Weather bikes only. If you get any water on them, be it from a puddle or rain or wiping down, you're Toast! Leitner will not support you at all if the bike does not work. How do I know this? My bike went through a rain shower & would later not work. On calling Leitner for support, they advised that I had voided my warranty as water had landed on the bike. Yes, WoW!

MarieH

Thanks so much for your response HighnDry. I hadn't even thought about rain but it's an important consideration and not unlikely to happen while riding. We live on a big hill, which is why I'm looking at e-bikes. Pushing my current bike uphill is a killer (80m above sea level) so maybe the Leitner is not for me. Really appreciate your comment.

Leitner   DM

Dear MarieH, Thanks for your message.
The minimum seat height for the Milan Cruiser is around 79.5cm measured from the ground up to top of the seat. You can use this measurement to see if this will be suitable for you as we do recommend to have both feet touching the ground at stationary. Milan Cruiser comes with puncture resistance tyres and great for city rides and bike trails. In regards to waterproof, the ebike is water resistant not waterproof. We do not recommend to ride in the rain or wet conditions as water may damage electrical components on the bike. If components are damaged from wet conditions, warranty will not cover the replacement parts. However, we stock most of the spare parts in our Melbourne office and our customer service team will always be able to assist you if you have any issues with your bike.
Hope this helps. If you have any other questions, please feel free to contact our team at 1300 856 725 or sales@leitner.com.au

Leitner   DM

Dear HighnDry, Thanks for comment. We are glad to hear that you are enjoying your Milan Cruiser. As per your case, your bike was transported in wet condition and was not working afterwards. After contacting our team, we managed to refer you to your local bike shop and sent the replacement parts to repair your bike at Leitner's cost. Your bike was since in working condition. As per our message and conversation, we do not recommend on riding the bike in wet condition as it may damage the components on the bike. However, our customer service team will always be able to assist you in getting you up on the road again. Once again, thank you for your feedback. If you have any other questions, please feel free to contact our team at 1300 856 725 or sales@leitner.com.au

Joseph M. · Milan

36V 10ah battery

Joseph M. · Milan

$ price delivered to Newcastle 2303

Leitner   DM

Hi Joseph, You can check our prices (including shipping) on our online store, at: external link
Or, feel free to email us at sales@leitner.com.au, or call on 1300 856 725, and we should be able to help you out. Regards, Leitner Team

Joseph M.

Zane, did you find evidence of me buying a bike from you, so I can claim GIO insurance, so I can put my order in for Milan

Leitner   DM

Hi Joseph, I can see that we have since been in contact via email, so I hope all is now sorted.

Should you have any further questions or concerns, please let us know and we would be more than happy to help.

All the best,

Joseph M.

Hi Zane, I am waiting for an answer from GIO, I dealt with them before & I know not to hold my breath for an answer.
Cheers Joe

danielrya87
danielrya87 · Milan

We are trying to find a baby seat suitable for the Milan, we can only find seats suitable for 26" wheel bikes. Is the frame the same size for the 24" and 26", so would therefore be suitable?

Nicky · Milan

Hi l love my current leitner ebike but need bigger wheels as 20 inch wheels are not so good on dirt track, problem is am only 149 cms tall,appreciate any advice,thanks Nicky

Hi Nicky
Probably best you contact Leitner as they will be able to assist with your query.
Cheers

Thanks heaps

Leitner   DM

Hi Nicky, thanks for reaching out and sorry to hear that your 20" wheels are not suitable for your riding conditions! Unfortunately the next size up (Milan Cruiser) is recommended for riders 158 cm and taller, so it may not be suitable for you.

One option is the Leitner SuperT. This also has 20" wheels, but it comes with extra suspension (front and rear), so it handles bumpier tracks pretty well! I hope this helps.

Please let us know if we can be of further assistance. Regards, Leitner team.

Paul J
Paul J · Milan

Recently purchased a Milan but having trouble finding up to date instructions to unlock throttle. Please publish latest instructions. Pre 2020 instructions refer to wires which don't exist.

Hi Paul
Give Leitner a call

Hi Paul,
You will need to contact Leitner to get instructions on how and if it is possible ?

Leitner   DM

Hi Paul, We do have the updated the instructions available in our manual on the website external link

However, we are more than happy to walk you through the process of unlocking the throttle if you reach out by phone or email.

Thank you! Leitner team

steve
steve · Milan

Hi i am thinking of buying my wife a ebike.
Height 5"3
Age 69
Current seat height on her old bike 90cm
Which model would you recommend
Cheers Steve

Maren
Maren

Hi Steve,
I am about the same size as your wife and have had the Leitner Milan for 18 months and absolutely love it. I live in the country and can zoom the 3 kms uphill to my local shop in no time. It did take some time to get used to the upright riding position. I do lots of riding on rail trails with my girlfriends and I find this bike suits all types of surfaces.

Boz
Boz · Milan

How would this bike go with a children’s bike seat mounted in the seat pole (just below the seat) - would the battery be in the way?

Leitner   DM

Hi Boz, Thanks for your interest in our bikes!

While we do not provide child seats, we have had a number of customers use them on our bikes in the past without issue.

However, most of the customers who have done this have used seats that attach to the rear axle or the rear rack of the bike.

Please note, as we do not provide these types of accessories, we would only recommend doing so at your discretion as we cannot guarantee the suitability or functionality of a third-party accessoriy.

I hope that this helps and if you had any other questions or concerns, feel free to email us at sales@leitner.com.au.

Thanks,

Maria T.
Maria T.

Never attach a baby seat solely off a seat post of any bicycle.
Seat post racks have a load limit of 10kg.
A baby seat plus a child old enough to be in a bicycle baby seat is over this limit.
Maria Teixeira

John F.
John F. · Milan

Does it fold up

Sharon B.
Sharon B. · Milan

Does the step through 20 inch e bike have an integrated lock?

Graeme and Vivian

The only lock is the Battery key lock that locks the battery into place

Leitner   DM

Dear Sharon, Thanks for your message.
Graeme is right. The lock is on the battery where you can lock it safetly in the bike. If you wish to get a security lock for the bike, please visit your local bike shop. Hope this helps. Thank you. If you have any other questions, please contact our team at 1300 856 725 or via email at sales@leitner.com.au

Jenny
Jenny · Milan

Help! I'm 4' 10" or 148cm tall. Can the bike be modified to suit me? Jenny

Leitner   DM

Dear Jenny, Thanks for your message. The smallest bike we offer is the Aria 16" and suitable for riders 5 foot (152cm or above). You can check the dimensions of the bike on our website to see if it is suitable for you. The minimum seat height measured from the ground up to top of the seat is about 74cm. Hope this helps. Thank you! If you have any other questions, please contact Leitner team on 1300 856 725 or via email at sales@leitner.com.au

Tony
Tony · Milan

I purchased a Leitner bike December 2019. It’s the 2nd one we’ve had. Everything was great until we got caught by rain one time. I opened the box to drain the water and placed a hairdryer to dry the unit out. Next morning was fine, everything worked. Next day when I turned the key it took off by itself. Now nothing. I’ve just sprayed all the connections with a contact cleaner spray. Still nothing. Anyone have any advice? I’ve emailed Leitner twice asking for advice but still haven’t heard back?
Thanks.

Leitner   DM

Hi Tony, Sorry to hear that your bike is not working after you got caught in the rain. Please contact our friendly customer service team on 1300 856 725 or via email at sales@leitner.com.au and we will be able to assist you further.

Thank you and we look forward to hearing from you.

Kerry · Milan

Hi, I am almost ready to purchase 2 Leitner ebikes and am totally confused with sizes as when I have looked at ebikes in the bike shops they all tell me 24 or 26 inch step through bikes are too small for 5'4 and 5'7 females.
How do the Leitner sizes correspond to the small, medium or large of other brands of bikes?
Birgit

Leitner   DM

Dear Kerry, Thanks for your message. We would suggest the 24" Milan Cruiser for 5'4" riders and 26" Venice Cruiser for 5'7" riders. Please check out the bikes' dimensions on your weight ensuring the minimum seat height is suitable for the riders as everyone is built differently. You would like to ensure that the riders will be able to have both feet touching the ground while at stationary. Please visit our website for dimensions: external link . Hope this helps. If you have further questions, please feel free to contact our friendly customer service team on 1300 856 725 or via email at sales@leitner.com.au to discuss further. Thank you! Regards,

Hi Birgit,
I would recommend you sit on a bike or two before purchasing one as once you buy the bike your stuck with it so i would suggest you sit on a few bikes and even take one or two for a test ride before you purchase one.

Frank

Kerry

Hi Frank, thank you and I have taken a couple for test ride except not the Leitner which measure their bikes differently, I need to get my trusty tape measure out this weekend and go off their printed measurements.
Birgit

Jumaur
Jumaur · Milan

How does the Leitner Step through e bike handle going up hills and also how efficient are the brakes coming down hill?

Fangio
Fangio · Milan

Where are these bikes manufactured please.

Michelle L.
Michelle L. · Milan

Is this company located in Australia please?

Leitner   DM

Hi Michelle, Thanks for your message. Our warehouse and office is located in Melbourne and we ship our products Australia wide. Please give us a call on 1300 856 725 or email at sales@leitner.com.au if you have any further questions. Thank you! Regards,

JohnO
JohnO · Milan

Where [ what Country ], .are Leitner bikes made?.
Do you send bike freight free to NSW?.
Are spare parts easily available?.
Is there a [ DIY ] kit bike at a reduced price?.

Ted
Ted

hello JohnO I think you might have me mixed up I am just a customer i don't work for Leitner I don't know where there bikes are made But I can tell you I am very pleased with my step through . I have done well over 1500 kS on it now going well so go ahead with you purchase you wont be disapointed .

Get an answer from our members and Leitner representatives

Select a listing for your question
Leitner Milan