Leitner Step Through

Leitner Step Through Questions & Answers

20 questions from our users

What wheel size would you recommend for 175 cms which would also suit a 150cms so that both my wife and I can utilise?

What replacement brake pads do I purchase for a Venice Cruiser ?

What is the weight? What kind of battery and how many kms does a fully charged battery take me?
I am not sure of the weight but it is quite heavy. I have the 10 amp hour battery and ridden it locally many times and never used anywhere near the full battery, the battery should get the stated 50km in peddle assist.Hi Julie, Thanks for your message. The weight of the Libelle folding bike including the battery is around 24kg. The battery itself weighs around 3kg. There are two capacity of battery, 10Ah and 16Ah battery. the 10Ah battery will give you up to 50km in range, however, it depends on the weight of the rider, condition of the road/trip and amount of assistance you required throughout the trip. And, the 16Ah battery will give you up to 80km in range and also depends on the above factors. Hope this helps. If you have more questions, please feel free to contact us on 1300 856 725.

I have tried to open the Product details for the Leitner Electric Folding bike but it opens to the site “Similar Road Bikes” I would like the Product details of this bike. I am keen to buy 2 subject to what I can read.
Hi Lindsay, Sorry that you are having this issue! Under "Product Description" there should be a small blue link called "Visit official website" You can also click here for all the details on the Leitner eBikes: https://www.leitner.com.au/leitner-electric-bike-step-through-250w-red.html Cheers, Jennifer

I am 5foit tall and my inside leg measurement from ground to crotch is 60cm. I require a folding bike. What do you suggest?
Hi Karyn, Thanks for your message. Our folding bikes are all 20inch and the minimum seat height measured from the ground to the seat is 79cm. You can further decrease this height by 2cm by cutting the seat pole which gives you around 77cm. Please check if this measurement is suitable for you as each individuals are built differently. Our Tirol Folding bike is a straight bar model. The Libelle folding bike is a step through model if you are not comfortable with lifting up your leg over the seat. Lastly, we have a Super T folding bike which is a straight bar model with dual suspension for more comfort. I hope this information helps. For further enquires, please contact is on 1300 856 725. We are more than happy to assist you in choosing the right bike for you. Thank you!

Which leitner bike gives the highest handle bars in relation to the seat ( I need to sit up straight due to back injury)?
Hi Lyn, Thanks for your message. The Super T will be what you are looking for. The minimum seat height (from ground to seat) is 79cm to 91cm and the Minimun height of the handle bar (from ground to handbar) is 105cm-117cm. I hope this helps. Thanks.

Hi Leitner, I'm about 100kg. I'd like to use it to commute to work from Northern Beaches to North Sydney (8km) but quiet hilly. I'm fit enough but don't want to do the super hard work of the the high hills every day. Would you recommend step or frame? Are there any differences besides the looks? Thanks!

Do the bikes have a hand throttle?
Yes it does. You can also mod the speed which they have an instruction but not recommended.Hi Chris, thank you for your question. Yes, it is a twist hand throttle on the right hand side of the handle-bar. The standard setting of the throttle has a top speed of about 6km/h (walking speed) which can be used to provide assistance when taking off. As Ton has stated correctly the throttle can be unlocked to go 25km/h without pedaling (not to be used on public roads - off-road only). Unlocking the throttle takes about 5 minutes and instructions are provided.Yes they have a hand throttle

how old do the battery last?
The first one last about 6mth. Second one about 9mth. Now on my third.

How heavy is the libelle?

Can you ride the bike without pedalling?
No, you have to pedal. If you stop pedalling or apply the brakes, the motor will stop too.u can wire the bike to go with out peddaling 1 gray wire,i have succusspally don itu can wire the bike to go with out peddaling 1 gray wire,i have succusspally don it it is in the back off the manual

Could you let me know if there is someone in the Northern rivers of NSW who could assemble the bike?
Any bike shop should be able to assist in assembly. I'm on Sth coast of NSW. Good luckThanks - have the feeling bike shops wouldn't be so keen having lost a sale - but have heard of a traveling bike maintenance man so will try him

Has anyone experienced multiple broken spokes and squealing brakes with these bikes? I had that problem with another brand of cheaper bike that I bought.
Had mine 3 months with no problems. Couldn't be happier

Can I charge battery of a 700watt inverter, and how long would it take?
Hi Colin, any technical questions would be best answered by the team at Leitner. Go to their website and give them a call or send an email. They are so helpful and friendly. Cheers NolaThanks, but I had a positive yes from a CMCA member [Caravan Club]

where are the bikes made & assembled?
Cycles are made in China, mine arrived in export type carton very well protected. Home assembly amounted to fitting the front wheel, two pedals, ( one pedal is threaded left hand, the other is threaded right hand ) small headlight, saddle. Too easy with small tool kit (supplied). Read all the info on Leitner web site - well put together, any queries - use the help line.Yep it's true what the bloke said well pack and you have too assemble them at home very easy ,if you have a eager son he will love the challenge , just read the PDF on line about the bike you get Hope this has help you Regards Jack

Can you tell me how long the battery lasts? thank you
I am sorry to tell you that my wife has only had the bike for a month ,if you want more info go to leitner .com and I am shore they will answer your question ,as they are very helpful ,with some of the questions l ask them, if you wish to bye the bike l can say, the quality is very good and well worth the money the wife was over the moon with it ,and is now her pride and joy (I am second now LOL ) Regards JackHi Lyn, thanks for your message and sorry for the late reply. This forum is not always monitored. Regarding how many kilometres you can get out of a charge: 10ah battery: up to 50km 16ah battery: up to 80km This depends on hills, how much the rider pedals and the weight of the rider. Regarding how often the battery can be fully charged before it needs to be replaced: 10ah standard battery and 16ah battery: 500 full charges 10ah long-life battery: 800 full charges. If you’re using the bike daily for short distances, e.g. commuting, it may be best to buy the 10ah long-life battery. I hope this helps and our customer service is happy to answer all your questions directly, please call 1300 856 725 , email sales@leitner.com.au or visit www.leitner.com.au

I live in Melbourne. I am interested in buying a Leitner folding bike or possibly a step through. Can I pay someone to assemble the bike? is there such a service?
The online package comes with all necessary tools and detail instructions for assembling. Any body familiar with bike should be able to put it together. Any bike shop or Leitner service can guide you as a last resort. It goes into sedan car booth while folded. Good fun!Hi Mick, thanks for your message and sorry for the late reply. This forum is not always monitored. Yes, if you do not wish to assemble your bike, the bike can be assembled at local bike shops. There are several bike shops in Melbourne which have assembled Leitner eBikes before, please contact us on 1300 856 725 or email sales@leitner.com.au We are happy to direct you to a bike shop.

"Is there a sales rep in Port Macquarie , if so could I have his name and phone number thank you. My email is giuliani2261@hotmail.com
Hi Julie, I'm in Melbourne and do not know if Leitner bikes is represented in Port Macquarie. There is a phone number on their website you could call. Good luck with it. ShirleeI bought mine on-line; Leitner.com.au. Look it up and speak to Ephraem Leitner for any information . He is extremely helpful and reliable.Hi Julie, thanks for your message and sorry for the late reply. This forum is not always monitored. Please have a look at test ride locations here https://www.leitner.com.au/shops/ Leitner electric bikes are mainly sold online and delivered directly to your door, that's why you can buy Leitner Electric Bikes at lower prices as compared to brick and mortar shops. We are happy to answer all your questions to make sure that you’ll buy a bike which is suitable for you. Please contact us on 1300 856 725 or email sales@leitner.com.au We are happy to direct you to a bike shop. Please also find detailed info about Leitner eBikes at www.leitner.com.au/electric-bikes.html Happy cycling!

Looks like a great bike,would love to buy one! Like to know how heavy it is as we have to put it on the car every day?
Having done the same thing, I think it's weight is about 25kg without the battery. I had a problem getting one of those rack adapter bars that go across the frame (because it is a "ladies" step-through) because I couldn't find one rated for the weight of the bike. I ended up having to make one myself.Hi Rosie, great to hear that you like the bike and that you would love to buy one and sorry for the late reply. This forum is not always monitored. Most bikes are around 21.5kg without the battery and 25kg including battery The battery can be removed in seconds. The folding bikes fit into many car boots and there are bike carry racks available for cars for the non-folding bikes; please visit your local bike shop, they may be able to recommend a suitable rack. I hope this helps and please contact us on 1300 856 725 or email sales@leitner.com.au We are happy to answer all your questions to make sure that you buy a bike which suits you. Please also find detailed info about Leitner eBikes at www.leitner.com.au/electric-bikes.html Happy cycling!

Get an answer from our members and Leitner representatives

Similar listings