Leitner Step Through

Leitner Step Through (page 2 of 4)

Best retirement present!

Wow! What a great bike! I was hesitant because not only have I not owned a bike for many years, I have 2 very steep hills to get both out of, and back into, my suburb before I can get to a cycleway. I bought the 16Ah battery because I dreaded the thought of coming home after a long ride and having a drained battery and not being able to make it up the hill home. This bike does it comfortably, so I am very happy. Different levels of pedal-assist and gears are all easy to use. While I've only had it for a short time (after a quick delivery, and 2 hours of building it), I've woken up each morning excited to go for a ride. And it's fun! Having just retired, I wanted it as another form of exercise, and will also take it away in our caravan to further explore our wonderful country. Highly recommended!

Date PurchasedDec 2017

leitner bikes

Wow what a wounder full pair of bikes i thought it might take a fair bit of time to put them together but put them to gether in no time at all. The bike has great saddles on them Such a great bike to ride i am in prest.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Great price and customer service

Easy to assemble - all tools provided with useful instructions, value for money, good looking bike. Post sale customer service great. Throttle doesn’t compare to more expensive e bikes but pedal assist gets you up most hills with some effort. Has got my post knee replacement husband back in the saddle:)

Date PurchasedOct 2017

Love my new Leitner Step through Bike

Great company to deal with. We ordered two bikes which were delivered promptly. My husband assembled them with no problem but think I would have needed help

Date PurchasedOct 2017

Loving my Leitner Venice Stepthrough!

I bought the Venice step through 26 inch after a lot of measuring and research. Being 5' tall, I was a bit worried about the bike being too big, but my Huffy mountain bike is a 26, and the seat on it is 90cm, and the Venice is 66, so I figured it would be ok. I absolutely love it! Being upright in the seat was also a bonus, as the mountain bike makes you lean forward, putting strain on my neck and hands. The seat is lovely and comfortable too. I highly recommend this bike!

Date PurchasedMay 2017

Great bike, am very happy !!

I have MS and need a bike that is reliable not just to get me there but to get me back as well with ease, its great !,
It is a solid structure, which folds to make it easier, The throttle unlock is fantastic to travel over grass or hills with ease, Thankyou

Date PurchasedSep 2017

Quality Bike

I bought a Venice Cruiser a few months ago for my wife. The delivery was exceptional. It came within 4 days of my order. The performance is also impressive. I weigh 75 kg and got up to 29 kph on flat terrain. This is in the unrestricted mode which is only for off road. Well worth the money. I also noticed it climbs hills quite well which I didn't think would be the case with a drum motor but it punches above it's weight.

Positives
Great quality:
- tyres & rims
- brakes
- front suspension is amazing
- seat
- paint job.
- rides well without motor on
-pannier rack
-twist throttle is fantastic
-quality lights

Cons
- limited gears
- assembling takes a minimum 45 minutes
- changing the back tyre can take a while because of the hub motor but leitner have online instructions
- chain guard and pedals are not the best quality

Summary
Considering that I bought this bike for my wife, I have recently ordered the mountain bike version (Leitner CrossX). I am hoping that this bike is equally as good as the Venice Cruiser. I will write a review about it once I have had it for a while.

Date PurchasedAug 2007

Absolutely love my bike!

What a fantastic bike, I ride it every weekend, I have one and my husband has another style Leitner bike. Have had both of them for around 7 months, great price and quality overall. The only thing I don't really like are the flimsy mudguards, hand grips could be an inch longer, everything else so far I am delighted with.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

Great bike, good service, competitive price, nice people to deal with!

After using a couple of electric bikes in Europe for cycling trips and investigating buying one from a number of shops in Australia, I decided to go with an online order from Leitner and I couldn't fault their advice, delivery, service & followup. We live on top of a hill and I found that I was using my conventional bike less and less because of the pull to get home. I just love this bike, not just because it gets me from A to B, but because it is simply a joy to ride! I go anywhere and no longer plan routes according to the terrain and I can still get a good workout by turning off the power if I want to. Don't hesitate - these are good people!

Date PurchasedApr 2017

Great bike great service

I have had the bike for 1 year now...I love it. It's a great commuter and it's fun to ride.. my 16 year old son also loves it as he uses it to get to commute to his part time job....last week the charger stop working. I rang up And the charger was promptly replaced under warranty.. so I am very happy with the product and the backup service.

Date PurchasedApr 2016

Awesome bike!

I have MS & have difficulties cycling long distances. Bought the Venice cruiser & I'm extremely happy with it. Easy to assemble & fun to ride. It has opened up a whole new world for me. I highly recommend a Leitner electric bike & can't wait for my next ride!

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

Great Value and Great Bike

After visiting 3 bike shops in Canberra, I thought an electric bike was out of my price range. Then I saw reviews on this site about this bike. And I ordered one.

I am very happy with my dealings with Leitner. They delivered on time, kept in contact and the product is excellent value for money. The box was delivered to my home. It took us about 2 hours to put it together. The bike is comfortable and the battery is adequate for my riding.

I had some problems with the gear change slipping. I took it to a local bike shop and had it fixed/improved. At at cost of about $50, I thought it was well worthwhile.

I am very happy with my purchase.

Date PurchasedJan 2017

what a great bike!

use it every day for getting to the shops. banking, supermarket etc,. Cant be without it as I have arthritis in the ankles which restricts my walking but now I can get around without any worries. This is a great product and well constructed and very solid and durable. I would recommend this bike to anyone

Date PurchasedJan 2016

bad breaks

i love my electric bike, however the brakes are shocking, i live in a very hilly area, the back brakes squeal badly and wore out within weeks. Leitner offered to give my money back however that is not what I wanted, i will need to upgrade the brakes , i would think that Leitner need to build the bikes with better quality brakes, that is my only complaint

Date PurchasedOct 2016

Its worth a 6 star review

My wife has just received her Leitner step through for Christmas. What fantastic pre-sale information, quick delivery, amazing after sales service, and what a great made quality bike. Its a great off road bike as well in my opinion, and my wife has to stop me from borrowing it from her, as its great when strong gusting winds are blowing against you, as it does in Ballina NSW where we live. It has exceeded our expectations, and she will be using it around the streets and beaches here a lot. We plan to take put it on the back of our Motorhome, next to my non electric bike, as it will be great especially when we are free camping, and we will be charging it up from our roof mounted solar panels via an inverter. The lights are excellent and so easy to operate, the braking is positive, and its a very comfortable ride. I particularly like the stand design which makes parking up and taking off effortless. Its worth a 6 star rating in my opinion, and to make life easier for two pensioners its great value for money. In addition it was well packed and the assembly was very easy.

Date PurchasedDec 2016

More than I expected.

Company. So good communications. Online and by phone. Delivery spot on. Item well packed and straight forward to assemble. The Bike (Milan 24") is pure quality and a dream to ride. Thoroughly delighted. Thanks Leitner for an excellent product. As a senior I hope to be using this bike for pleasure for a long time to come.

Date PurchasedAug 2016

an inspired buy

my purchase was the venice elec step through / it arrived on time undamaged / assembly was childs play / test ride was perfect / the bike is a well made solid construction but still lightweight and the finish is first class in construction and paintwork / it smacks of class all round and has to be the best value item in australia / my wife does not see much of me these days as i am on the bike whenever i can
thanks again for a great product
david hogston

Date PurchasedNov 2016

Great bike.....love it....heaps of fun!

Purchased the 24" Milan step thru and couldn't be happier. As I am 5'3" in height this model suits me perfectly. I so wanted to ride a bike again, but being older now, I struggled with the hills and ended up walking and pushing my old bike up the hills! My new electric bike is the perfect solution for keeping fit and having fun and sailing up the hills now!
I did a lot of research before purchasing from Leitner and after reading all the positive reviews and comparing price, value and service with other brands and companies, I ordered the Milan Cruiser. I was not disappointed. The quality and construction of the bike is excellent. The only problem I encounter is the removal of the battery. Apparently they can be difficult to remove from the holder for awhile until it loosens up, so will keep persevering.
I just love my new bike and would recommend a Leitner bike to everyone! Great product, great company ..........great fun!

Date PurchasedOct 2016

A first class step thru cycle.

This Leitner electric stepthru is my first new cycle in forty years. The power assistance is grand, but doesn't takeover, if you cease peddling then you also lose the power assistance, so for exercise as well as commuting the power assist is wonderful. Good battery life is great.
Assembly was very simple and straightforward, shipping carton was first class. Altogether an excellent buy.
BC. Brisbane. Qld.

Date PurchasedAug 2016

Wife has a dodgy hip !!!!

Yep the bike fits my wife per pose ,as stepping over the usual size bike was a chalange ,so this low slug folding unit was a winner in her eyes and no has no trouble getting on and off ,on the normal bike she was limited in her riding range ,but now it's not a problem ,l am the one chasing her ,
So l might bye one too in a few years !!!!!

Date PurchasedJul 2016

What wheel size would you recommend for 175 cms which would also suit a 150cms so that both my wife and I can utilise?

What replacement brake pads do I purchase for a Venice Cruiser ?

What is the weight? What kind of battery and how many kms does a fully charged battery take me?
I am not sure of the weight but it is quite heavy. I have the 10 amp hour battery and ridden it locally many times and never used anywhere near the full battery, the battery should get the stated 50km in peddle assist.Hi Julie, Thanks for your message. The weight of the Libelle folding bike including the battery is around 24kg. The battery itself weighs around 3kg. There are two capacity of battery, 10Ah and 16Ah battery. the 10Ah battery will give you up to 50km in range, however, it depends on the weight of the rider, condition of the road/trip and amount of assistance you required throughout the trip. And, the 16Ah battery will give you up to 80km in range and also depends on the above factors. Hope this helps. If you have more questions, please feel free to contact us on 1300 856 725.

Similar listings