Leitner Step Through

Leitner Step Through (page 2 of 4)

See the Best Electric Bikes in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Ton

TonSydney

Watch out for replacement battery costs (updated)

Update on the below.

Leitner has reached out to help resolve the battery issue although it was already out of warranty. I have updated the review to give them 5 star for the excellent customer service.

----------

My battery died twice and unfortunately the second time it was out of warranty for a few months (because we didn’t charge it when not in used... really?)

Replacement costs for a new battery is $500. Wow! Yes $500.

That’s exactly half of the price of a new bike. So I guess I will have to throw the bike away or use it without the battery. Or fork out half a grand and it might die again anytime. :)

Date PurchasedSep 2016

KissMiss

KissMiss

Five stars all round

Leitner understand good customer service and make an excellent product!
A quick phone call to check on a detail and my bike was dispatched within 24hrs. The online assembly manual is the best I have seen anywhere for anything, kudos! I was able to assemble the bike unassisted with one hand in plaster with the tools provided.
The bike is solid and a pleasure to ride. Maintenance instructions are clear and and simple, no special tools or skills required. A follow up email question was answered promptly and courteously, customer service is taken seriously and greatly appreciated.

Charlie

CharlieCanberra

Just what we needed.

Our Tirol and Libelle arrived safely,before expected. Both bikrs assembled without fuss.. Pre delivery settings were perfect and required no additional adjustments.
Riding these bikes is a joy to behold.
Anyone contemplating buying the Leitner product can do so without reservation.
We found the pre sale service helpful and courteous.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Made me feel like a kid again.

From the day we put the bikes together I haven't been of it. I am 71 years old and a bit overweight the pedal assist is really great. The disk brakes are terrific. I am going places on the bike that I thought would be to hard at my age. The bikes have given our lives a whole new dimension. If your are getting old and think that there is not much to look forward to, think again. There's plenty of life left.

vg Design

vg DesignNortheast, VIC

Excellent Product and Service.

What a wonderful experience! Very fast delivery of a quality product. The downloaded manual is excellent, very user-friendly and the customer service is first class. This was bought for our disabled son who had struggled with riding his normal bike uphill and he just loves how easy he now does it.

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Kim

Kim

Best retirement present!

leitner bikes

Wow what a wounder full pair of bikes i thought it might take a fair bit of time to put them together but put them to gether in no time at all. The bike has great saddles on them Such a great bike to ride i am in prest.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Great price and customer service

Easy to assemble - all tools provided with useful instructions, value for money, good looking bike. Post sale customer service great. Throttle doesn’t compare to more expensive e bikes but pedal assist gets you up most hills with some effort. Has got my post knee replacement husband back in the saddle:)

Date PurchasedOct 2017
Frances F

Frances FGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Love my new Leitner Step through Bike

Great company to deal with. We ordered two bikes which were delivered promptly. My husband assembled them with no problem but think I would have needed help

Date PurchasedOct 2017

Loving my Leitner Venice Stepthrough!

I bought the Venice step through 26 inch after a lot of measuring and research. Being 5' tall, I was a bit worried about the bike being too big, but my Huffy mountain bike is a 26, and the seat on it is 90cm, and the Venice is 66, so I figured it would be ok. I absolutely love it! Being upright in the seat was also a bonus, as the mountain bike makes you lean forward, putting strain on my neck and hands. The seat is lovely and comfortable too. I highly recommend this bike!

Date PurchasedMay 2017

Great bike, am very happy !!

I have MS and need a bike that is reliable not just to get me there but to get me back as well with ease, its great !,
It is a solid structure, which folds to make it easier, The throttle unlock is fantastic to travel over grass or hills with ease, Thankyou

Date PurchasedSep 2017

cornel trifu

cornel trifuAdelaide

Quality Bike

Date PurchasedAug 2007

Karen O

Karen OCentral Coast NSW

Absolutely love my bike!

What a fantastic bike, I ride it every weekend, I have one and my husband has another style Leitner bike. Have had both of them for around 7 months, great price and quality overall. The only thing I don't really like are the flimsy mudguards, hand grips could be an inch longer, everything else so far I am delighted with.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

Annie

AnnieGoulburn

Great bike, good service, competitive price, nice people to deal with!

After using a couple of electric bikes in Europe for cycling trips and investigating buying one from a number of shops in Australia, I decided to go with an online order from Leitner and I couldn't fault their advice, delivery, service & followup. We live on top of a hill and I found that I was using my conventional bike less and less because of the pull to get home. I just love this bike, not just because it gets me from A to B, but because it is simply a joy to ride! I go anywhere and no longer plan routes according to the terrain and I can still get a good workout by turning off the power if I want to. Don't hesitate - these are good people!

Date PurchasedApr 2017
David

DavidIllawarra, NSW

Great bike great service

I have had the bike for 1 year now...I love it. It's a great commuter and it's fun to ride.. my 16 year old son also loves it as he uses it to get to commute to his part time job....last week the charger stop working. I rang up And the charger was promptly replaced under warranty.. so I am very happy with the product and the backup service.

Date PurchasedApr 2016

Awesome bike!

I have MS & have difficulties cycling long distances. Bought the Venice cruiser & I'm extremely happy with it. Easy to assemble & fun to ride. It has opened up a whole new world for me. I highly recommend a Leitner electric bike & can't wait for my next ride!

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

Maureen Hay

Maureen HayCanberra

Great Value and Great Bike

After visiting 3 bike shops in Canberra, I thought an electric bike was out of my price range. Then I saw reviews on this site about this bike. And I ordered one.

I am very happy with my dealings with Leitner. They delivered on time, kept in contact and the product is excellent value for money. The box was delivered to my home. It took us about 2 hours to put it together. The bike is comfortable and the battery is adequate for my riding.

I had some problems with the gear change slipping. I took it to a local bike shop and had it fixed/improved. At at cost of about $50, I thought it was well worthwhile.

I am very happy with my purchase.

Date PurchasedJan 2017

peter

peterThurgoona

what a great bike!

use it every day for getting to the shops. banking, supermarket etc,. Cant be without it as I have arthritis in the ankles which restricts my walking but now I can get around without any worries. This is a great product and well constructed and very solid and durable. I would recommend this bike to anyone

Date PurchasedJan 2016

bad breaks

i love my electric bike, however the brakes are shocking, i live in a very hilly area, the back brakes squeal badly and wore out within weeks. Leitner offered to give my money back however that is not what I wanted, i will need to upgrade the brakes , i would think that Leitner need to build the bikes with better quality brakes, that is my only complaint

Date PurchasedOct 2016

Colin Peckham

Colin PeckhamRichmond-Tweed, NSW

Its worth a 6 star review

Date PurchasedDec 2016

Anne W.

Anne W.asked

Why wont my throttle work properly

Russ

Anne a couple of reasons i can relate. Firstly i suppose is the off button has been pushed perhaps accidentally .. press again to turn throttle on. Next, if you are holding brake leavers just a little, the electric throttle is disconnected. Next, if the bike is travelling above 6 kms/hr, the throttle is inactive, Next would be an operational situation if the throttle is being asked to drive the bike up a very steep incline of over very rutted road, i would suspect some difficulty for the throttle drive. The last thing i can think of is the battery is flat or very low. Above those suggestion, i would suggest speaking with Leitner to determine if a product defect is present. Cheers. Russ

Leitner
Leitner E.Leitner

Hi Anne, Can you please send us an email or give us a call, so we can discuss with you and understand what is happening please? Thank you and we will work with you on this. Thank you!

Sue

Sueasked

What is the weight of the Milan

Russ

Hi Sue. The weight less battery is approx 21 Kgs....the battery I think is approx 10 Kgs. While heavier than a regular push bike, I find I don't notice the weight being a problem, the electrics just take over when riding and I use the manual gears in low (gear 1) with no electrics when in tight spots,.... again no issue with the weight .... I'm in Perth if that helps with a test ride albeit the 26 model step through.

Montauk

Montaukasked

Where can I find the specs on these e- bikes . I’m trying to help my sister purchase an e-bike , I’m a cyclist and myself don’t know about them but with detail specs that would help after looking at the reviews I want to know about them .

Leitner
Leitner E.Leitner

Hi, thank you for your message. You can see the full range of Leitner products at https://www.leitner.com.au/ . In order to assist your sister to choose the right bike for her, please contact us to discuss further at 1300 856 725 or send us an email at sales@leitner.com.au . Thank you and we look forward to hearing from you.

Russ

All details and specs are on the Leitner web page and the step through is covered at www.leitner.com.au/leitner-electric-bike-step-through-250w-red.html. If you live in Perth I'd be happy to show you our cruiser step through. Great bikes ..... My contact details on the Leitner web page. Good luck Russ

Get an answer from our members and Leitner representatives

CategoryElectric Bikes and Road Bikes