Great value for money
Helpful customer service
Brakes failed have failed 3 times even though I keep tightening them
Bike arrived with issue straight away! The front light wouldn't work. fast forward 6 weeks of owning the bike and my brakes have completely failed with the break cable starting to unravel. So dangerous as I only realised the brakes had failed at a red light and I went flying into traffic. To make matters worse the stand has now failed. Highly recommend that no one buys this bike as there are massive safety issues!!
Purchased in April 2019.
Questions & Answers
Hi i am thinking of buying my wife a ebike.
Current seat height on her old bike 90cm
Which model would you recommend
I am about the same size as your wife and have had the Leitner Milan for 18 months and absolutely love it. I live in the country and can zoom the 3 kms uphill to my local shop in no time. It did take some time to get used to the upright riding position. I do lots of riding on rail trails with my girlfriends and I find this bike suits all types of surfaces.
How would this bike go with a children’s bike seat mounted in the seat pole (just below the seat) - would the battery be in the way?
Thanks for your interest in our bikes!
While we do not provide child seats, we have had a number of customers use them on our bikes in the past without issue.
However, most of the customers who have done this have used seats that attach to the rear axle or the rear rack of the bike.
Please note, as we do not provide these types of accessories, we would only recommend doing so at your discretion as we cannot guarantee the suitability or functionality of a third-party accessoriy.
I hope that this helps and if you had any other questions or concerns, feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Never attach a baby seat solely off a seat post of any bicycle.
Seat post racks have a load limit of 10kg.
A baby seat plus a child old enough to be in a bicycle baby seat is over this limit.
Get an answer from our members and Leitner representatives
- A low-step frame that suits riders 5’5 (165cm) and taller
- Curved cruiser handlebars, which designed for comfortable and leisurely riding
- Puncture-resistant tires for smooth sailing over rocky terrain
- Samsung battery cells are thought to be more powerful and longer-lasting than other battery types
- Hub motor: a motor that fits into the centre of a bike wheel
- Extras include: Mudguards, chainguard, front & rear lights, rear rack, stand, bell and tool-kit to help with assembly
Points of praise
- Some happy reviewers claimed that the batteries on this bike worked even better than advertised.
- Like other Leitner electric bikes, the Step Through bike facilitated a limited amount of exercise, but the inclusion of the motor ensured that it wasn’t too strenuous
- Many reviewers had no problem with assembling this bike, reporting that they pieced the bike and were off riding in no time.
- The Leitner Step Through helped people who weren’t too comfortable with exercising transition back into it in a way that many found non-intimidating and not too strenuous.
- Leitner customer service often sent through replacement parts at no cost to the customer.
Other Electric Bikes
ProductReview.com.au has affiliate partnerships. These do not influence our content moderation policies in any way, though ProductReview.com.au may earn commissions for products/services purchased via affiliate links.