Leitner Venice

Durable and high-performing
Easily climbs hills
Straightforward assembly
Best Hybrid Bikes
See the Best Hybrid Bikes in 2024 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Leitner Venice76 reviews
Stephie
StephieWAPerth, WA

Having a wonderful time!

I just love my new Venice Cruiser as it allows me to really enjoy the ride. I live on top of a hill and now I just press + to three bars and up I go. My husband is now ordering one so he can keep up with me on our rides. We are recently retired and our electric bikes are part of our new lifestyle.
The Venice Cruiser bike is so much fun. I am really glad I made the decision to buy one. Show details
Jeremy
JeremyWeston
  Verified 10Ah

Good handling of a difficult situation

I recently ordered a Leitner Venice however, through no fault of Leitner, the bike arrived severely damaged.

They arranged to have the damaged bike picked up and to send me a new replacement bike, there were a few other issues with the courier company but the sales person at leitner really did her best to make the situation as fast and easy as possible

amanda
amandamelbourne

amazing bike

I just purchased the Venice cruiser, my first electric bike and have so far enjoyed every moment of it, having not been on a bike for years I found it extremely easy to get used to, and with the help from all the friendly staff at Leitner and the help of my local bike shop, every thing has gone very smoothly, thanks Leitner bikes, good price, highly recommended

Michael Miller
Michael Miller2 posts

what a bike

So well engineered and designed,great for my wife who has artificial knee

Can really recommend it

Easy to assemble with clear instructions and securely packaged for delivery

I liked the fact it had front and back lights as well as a carrier

It is also quite light for an e bike

Really good value

Mark
MarkLismore
Speedy retiree
Speedy retiree5 posts

So much fun

We brought two of these bikes after a lot of research. Felt very confident with pre-sale enquiry. They were despatched same day and delivered within the week. Easy to assemble, very sturdy and well made bikes. We have had so much fun. Our car has become redundant. Thoroughly recommend them. Two very happy Seniors.

November 14th 2019 Update: Absolutely great

These bikes are well built, solid and amazing fun. The after sales service from Leitner is 100%. Certainly recommend this company and their products to anyone.
We use the bikes nearly every day, fun exercise. Show details

Squidophocles
SquidophoclesPerth2 posts
  Venice

A great bike at a great price

We bought two of these bikes a month ago and have had wonderful fun cruising the highways and byways near our hilly suburb. The electric motor kicks in smoothly and powerfully when needed to iron out those long slopes or boost your cruising speed to an effortless 30 km/ hr. With a pair of panniers we no longer drive to the shops - we peddle - and get our daily 30 minutes aerobic workout as a bonus. The assembly process was dead easy - and pretty much idiot proof. These are great bikes and half the price of their nearest competitors. Get one - your heart and knees will thank you. Even the local postie admired my bike.

Kiwijd
KiwijdQLDWide Bay-Burnett, QLD3 posts
  Venice

The Best Birthday Present to Me from Myself!

After falling in love with electric bikes in NZ, I knew I had to have one and after shopping around locally I searched the Internet to compare value for money and I couldn’t go past the Leitner. Putting it together was easy enough for someone as inexperienced as me and my first ride was exhilarating. I absolutely love my red Venice Cruiser and with a basket on the back I went with a friend on a 26 km ride this week and enjoyed a BBQ by the beach. Go on treat yourself, you will never regret it.

Allen
Allen
  Venice

Thrilled with new addition to the Family!!

I have recently purchased a Leitner Venice cruiser, after a recommendation from my Physiotherapist, that I take up cycling to help with the recovery of my hip replacement. Reasonably easy to assemble, but a delight to use - once you get the hang of the combination of power and gears. A pleasure against the wind, up the hills, and a great feeling of the wind in your face. I thought that my wife my like to try it - she now wants to take mine over, so I have purchased a similar one for me. She likes the red colour - she says it goes faster (think Ferrari). Highly recommended.

Customer service was very efficient, delivery was on time - no complaints at all. Thank you Leitner.

Budge
BudgeWollongong

Venice Step Through

Very happy with our purchase of our Venice Step Through elec bike. Customer service excellent. Had a problem with the original battery but was replaced when found to be faulty. Very prompt service when originally bought as well as future enquiries. This is my wife's bike and she told me that it was the best present she's ever had. Can't fault Leitner at all.

DE Perth
DE PerthWAPerth, WA18 posts
  Verified 16Ah
Dave
DaveHazelwood North
  Verified 16Ah

This is Perfect. I could not do without it

Brilliant bike. It does what it says on the tin. It has never let me down apart from a flat tyre but that is to be expected from any bike. Extremely easy to ride and take the hills like a dream. I could not do without it. It has the best of both worlds, exercise when you want to or let the bike do the work. It's great.

Fraser
FraserGold Coast2 posts
  Verified Venice

I should have bought this a lot sooner

Very satisfied with the bike. Build quality is excellent,a very sturdy bike. It is a pleasure to ride and now allows me to venture further afield without getting tired. The whole process from ordering to delivery was simple and trouble free. I contacted Leitner on another matter and they were quick to respond with an answer

Ton
TonSydney3 posts
  Verified 10Ah

Watch out for replacement battery costs (updated)

Update on the below.

Leitner has reached out to help resolve the battery issue although it was already out of warranty. I have updated the review to give them 5 star for the excellent customer service.

----------

My battery died twice and unfortunately the second time it was out of warranty for a few months (because we didn’t charge it when not in used... really?)

Replacement costs for a new battery is $500. Wow! Yes $500.

That’s exactly half of the price of a new bike. So I guess I will have to throw the bike away or use it without the battery. Or fork out half a grand and it might die again anytime. :)

Don
DonCaloundra
  Venice

Great electric bike, best after sales service

Recently bought an electric cruiser from Leitner. Pre-sales inquiries were handled promptly and in detail. Delivery to Qld was fast and assembly easy. The bike has proven to be reliable and lived up to my expectations. The after sales service has proven to be excellent with troubleshooting information and subsequent parts replacement being provided in a friendly, helpful manner. Even down to sending a replacement spoke for the front wheel! I can’t recommend Leitner Bikes and Ephraem and his crew highly enough.

Kim
Kim2 posts

Frances F
Frances FVICGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC3 posts

Love my new Leitner Step through Bike

Great company to deal with. We ordered two bikes which were delivered promptly. My husband assembled them with no problem but think I would have needed help

Linda
Linda2 posts
  Venice

Loving my Leitner Venice Stepthrough!

I bought the Venice step through 26 inch after a lot of measuring and research. Being 5' tall, I was a bit worried about the bike being too big, but my Huffy mountain bike is a 26, and the seat on it is 90cm, and the Venice is 66, so I figured it would be ok. I absolutely love it! Being upright in the seat was also a bonus, as the mountain bike makes you lean forward, putting strain on my neck and hands. The seat is lovely and comfortable too. I highly recommend this bike!

cornel trifu
cornel trifuAdelaide15 posts
S.P.H.
S.P.H.3 posts

Awesome bike!

I have MS & have difficulties cycling long distances. Bought the Venice cruiser & I'm extremely happy with it. Easy to assemble & fun to ride. It has opened up a whole new world for me. I highly recommend a Leitner electric bike & can't wait for my next ride!

Maureen Hay
Maureen HayCanberra5 posts

Great Value and Great Bike

After visiting 3 bike shops in Canberra, I thought an electric bike was out of my price range. Then I saw reviews on this site about this bike. And I ordered one.

I am very happy with my dealings with Leitner. They delivered on time, kept in contact and the product is excellent value for money. The box was delivered to my home. It took us about 2 hours to put it together. The bike is comfortable and the battery is adequate for my riding.

I had some problems with the gear change slipping. I took it to a local bike shop and had it fixed/improved. At at cost of about $50, I thought it was well worthwhile.

I am very happy with my purchase.

cooper
cooperQLDSouth East Queensland, QLD2 posts

bad breaks

i love my electric bike, however the brakes are shocking, i live in a very hilly area, the back brakes squeal badly and wore out within weeks. Leitner offered to give my money back however that is not what I wanted, i will need to upgrade the brakes , i would think that Leitner need to build the bikes with better quality brakes, that is my only complaint

Colin Peckham
Colin PeckhamNSWRichmond-Tweed, NSW25 posts
dave
daveNSWSydney Surrounds, NSW4 posts

an inspired buy

my purchase was the venice elec step through / it arrived on time undamaged / assembly was childs play / test ride was perfect / the bike is a well made solid construction but still lightweight and the finish is first class in construction and paintwork / it smacks of class all round and has to be the best value item in australia / my wife does not see much of me these days as i am on the bike whenever i can

thanks again for a great product

david hogston

Reg Hansen
Reg Hansen2 posts

SIX MONTHS LATER

Very pleased

Reg Hansen

I have now owned this bike for about six months and am so pleased the the purchase. It is better than owning a second car. My friends and relatives also borrow it and love it.

Some of the features that are important are a good chain guard, mud guards, soft start feature, larger tyres for a softer ride, the step through suits me as an 81 year old, comfortable seat, a good carrier, disc brakes front and rear.good lights, good suspension for the front wheel and great value for my money.

The only negatives are the:The battery chargers causes some interference on the radio and I would prefer yellow lights instead of red on the battery and power level screen as my eyes are not very sensitive to red.

Vikstar
VikstarVICGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC5 posts

Love my Venice Cruiser

After suffering a knee injury I was struggling on my regular bike riding around hilly Mount Waverley. I had heard of pedal assist electric bikes and decided to shop around to see what I could find. I was delighted with the Leitner price but could it deliver on quality? I took the plunge and wasn't disappointed.

Three rides later and I am in love with my new bike. Hills that usually caused me to jump off and walk are now a breeze and I can finally keep up with my husband who usually leaves me for dust in his bike riding wake. Also nothing quite feels better than when one is overtaken by a bike riding superstar and then overtaking them when a huge hill presents itself. LOL

Thanks, Ephraem. . :)

Artie
ArtieSA. 5214Goolwa, SA. 52146 posts
Mike B
Mike B3 posts

Good bike good service

We recently bought a Venice from Leitner. The price was good, delivery prompt and the assembly not difficult. Good attitiude from Leitner as well. Bike lives up to it's claims, rides well and is good quality.The battery lasts longer than we expected and is easy to charge.The security is also good we haven't had to remove the battery.Recommend Leitner any day !!

Bubble
Bubble
Jones girls
Jones girls2 posts

Love my cruiser

Fantastic service and brilliant bike. Cruises over any hill with ease. I'm so impressed with my bike and the price is amazing considering I was looking at bikes three times the price and they didn't perform half as well. I can't recommend these bikes highly enough. I bought the 26 inch with the 16ah battery and the struts on the front make it a nice smooth ride. The instructions were super easy to put the bike together and if you are finding it tricky you can follow the step by step picture instructions. Great bike, service, communication and price. If you want an ebike, get a Leitner.

Rowena
RowenaNSWSydney, NSW2 posts
Jac C
Jac CKooyong

Perfect Bike

I bought the Electric Bike Step Through 26inch Venice Cruiser and can I just say, the quality is 100%.

I rode the bike and loved it, the speed on high was priceless in that I sampled a section of the track with my legs in the air and the bike kept going and it felt like a small motorbike..

I cannot recommend it any highly enough, I urge all that are pondering an electric bike that Leitner is the best in the market and I plan to ride more and more

Bob Birtig
Bob BirtigCasterton3 posts

Great sturdy bike

I bought a 26" step through bike online and within 2 days had it delivered to my address in country Victoria unscathed. Excellent service by Leitner and the transport company that was used.

The bike took me a little longer to put together than I expected, but that was probably my fault as I've never been any good at following directions.

I am a 62yo 95kg man and whilst I have to do more pedalling than I expected to get up the steep hills in my area, overall I am very happy with how the bike performs, particularly on the flat and slight declines.

I have no problem recommending this bike to anyone who wants to buy one.

ken
ken3 posts

leitner 26'' step through

picked up bike from Dandenong sth warehouse, 3 weeks ago .took about 1 hour to assemble & check everything else. charged battery over night, went for test ride next morning rechecked everything, have not missed a day since. it is great to ride & being 73 years old with a crook back & a knee replacement, I have found it very easy to ride. also I get a lot of complements from people saying the bike looks great.

Les Cooper
Les CooperGeelong

Leitner Electric Bikes

Purchased this Leitner electric bike for a 68yo guy who was confined to a motorised scooter, he hated this because he had rode a bike all his life but due to a knee replacement could no longer pedal long enough. Along came Efram from Leitner e bikes. Ordered the step through bike on Monday, was delivered Wednesday the rest is history. TOP Bike TOP Service Many Thanks Les.

JAS2112