Lemair LWC59

Lemair LWC59 Questions & Answers

10 questions from our users

Jaybee

Jaybeeasked

I have a Lemair LWC694 Wine Fridge and today I noticed that nothing was showing on the display. I checked connection to power and it is ok but the unit appears to have stopped working. I unplugged and replugged in to power and held the power switch on the unit down for 10 seconds but no response. Also tried turning the light on but no response. It is a hot day today in Melbourne and wondered why f the unit has overheated somehow?

sally.fiona.kelty

sally.fiona.keltyasked

I have this wine fridge. Less than a year old and i just noticed it has ice on the back. I have it stored in a spare room on carpet
Sally

Picante

If ice is inside back, maybe you have not had the door closing properly.

i tried making sure the door was closed tight. i wonder if it the seal.

Alison B

Alison Basked

What is the temperature in Lemair wine fridge when set at normal? ;I want to store red wine in this new unit?

Picante

Hi Alison, I keep my wine fridge on 16 deg C. and put white wine in lower shelf.

Gary R.

Gary R.asked

My Lemair LWC59 has stopped cooling - what could cause?

Mitch H.Lemair

Hi Gary,

Sorry to hear, please give us a call on 1800 444 357 to discuss :)

Picante

Looks like you have the Technical people following up.
If the power is still on it may be the thermostat has given up.

Ralph

Ralphasked

i have the bubbling sound when the compressor turns off - sounds like crickets in the room. Does it settle with time or is this a permanent noise?
Ralph

Mitch H.Lemair

Hi Ralph,

Water bubbling comes from the refrigerant circulating of the wine cellar, this is normal

Thanks :)

Johnj035

Johnj035asked

Hi,
The add says they store 59 bottles - is this accurate?

Picante

Hello John, I'm not sure of what the number of bottles it is supposed to store. I have just checked and I have 40 in mine. Rgds Picante

Ruben R.Lemair

Hi John, Yes that's accurate, our fridge holds 59 bottles, our instruction manual has a diagram on how to stack the bottles. Thanks.

Sam N

Sam Nasked

Hey all,
I have recently purchased one of these units.

My unit makes a frog type sound nearly the entire time. It is levelled and plumbed true... Any ideas..? Limited knowledge here.

Is the thermo cooked as the sounds is a constant the fridge is far too cold, regardless of the temp. setting.

Andrew B

They replaced mine and it does the exact same thing as the original unit (frog noise) so I've just resigned myself to the fact that that's what they do.

Picante

I am not sure what the "frog type sound" is, unless you are referring to a noise of bubbles going through the system noticeable after the compressor has stopped. These bubbles which I have in mine, are gas trying to pass through the condensed liquid in the condenser normally after compressor stops. If the T/Stat is permanently stuck on, the unit would freeze. Normally, if the T/stat is not working it will not turn on, so will not cool at all.

Hi Sam,

Please get in touch with us on 1800 444 357.

Thank you.

StaceLin

StaceLinasked

Hi, my LWC59 has a massive layer of ice on the back plate.
The seal is closed tightly and he fridge is rarely opened.
What would be causing the ice to form?

Hi
Please look at the answers to a similar question below. Have you tried all the suggestions in those posts?

Hi,

Please give us a call on 1800 444 357 so we can assist you further.

Thank you.

Hector

Hectorasked

How noisy are these?
I read some reports saying saying not noisy at all, others say they can hear it across the room.
My wife is quite noise sensitive, especially to low humming sounds.

Cheers, Tim

Picante

Like any refrigerator there is a light motor noise when running. This is to be expected and has not been annoying. When it turns off there may be a sound of the liquid refrigerant dripping in the condenser coil for short while.

Hey Hector,

41dB! Hope that helps :)

Andrew B

Compressor isn't any noisier than a normal fridge's.

Ven

Venasked

What causes the back plate in the fridge to freeze with a thick layer of ice?

Hi

My unit does not have this problem. A couple of suggestions -
* Have you adjusted the thermostat ? Mine is just above the WARM setting - way warmer than normal - and the reds come out just fine.
* Is the unit full of bottles? I imagine if its empty, the unit may be over-chilling.

Let me know how these suggestions go.
Regards
Tony

Hello
i have no problem like that with my unit. In my years of experience in refrigeration, I would suggest that there is an air leak in the door seal or some such allowance of humid air getting in and being attracted to condense on the evaporator panel ( coldest part). It is not a matter of how cold you set it, just a matter of how often and long you may leave door open to allow outside air to replace the dehumidified cold air. Turn off the fridge and allow it to defrost with a towel in the bottom to soak up the moisture. Then start again keeping watch that the door is closed properly.
Regards Phil

Hi Ven,

What model # is your appliance please?

Get an answer from our members and Lemair representatives