Reviewer Photos & Videos
Transferred mortgage - Mike was great
Mike Aldridge was very thorough, made the process simple, and gave regular updates on where the process was up to. I am very satisfied with the customer service Mike provided.
Lendi made the whole refinance process easier and worry free. Customer service and team members were friendly and personalised. Staff knew product and process. Communication online and by phone was excellent.
Not very good mortgage broker
Refinanced my home mortgage. It took around 4 months from start to finish. I spoke to 3 different people in Lendi. I told the senior lender that I need 6 split accounts similar to my current bank. He did not really understand or listen to what I need. Now I have 6 split accounts, however I am not able to change the limit of individual accounts which is important for tax purpose.
I was advised to take all my money as it will take the new bank 2 weeks so once we get settlement, I wont be able to access my money, it got delayed by 2 months and al...so partly my fault, my old bank Macquarie reported the late payments and my credit score went down so bad. When sending my documents to the new bank the first time, it got rejected, they are saying I need to print the settlement form one sided. So before sending the documents the second time, I asked LENDI to confirm whether I got all documents correct and if I am missing any form. Once confirmed I sent out the documents via Aust expresss. After the second delivery, I got email saying I was missing another form. I fail to wonder how you did not tell me this before, but I sent the third time and at the end they got through. When I called them to ask what document I need to send just a simple question, they will ask for my name, address and date of birth.. everytime althought I just spoke to the same person like 5 mins before. I think this is not a very smart way to speak to your client. I have been using Elizabeth Rutten (Mortgage broker) for the past 11 years with no problem. I had a miscommunication with her for this mortgage, I should have just cancel the process with LENDI and go with her, but due to ethical reason (As I have been asking a lot of questions), I went ahead with LENDI. Never again.. Although bad experience, I did have good interest rate. However, all mortgage broker can give you the same. 2 stars review would be fair.
My partner and I contacted Lendi in January 2022 for a refinance. Loan settled in June 2022. I believe our first consultant (sorry, don’t remember his name) was absolutely useless. If it wasn’t for Matt Herewini, we would still be waiting. Constantly updating payslips and proof of amounts for refinance. Sorry, but I would not recommend unless dealing with Matt.
Needs slight improvement
Up until formal approval of our refinance I could not fault the service of lendi. They listened to our needs, recommended an extremely competitive product and worked with us to get approval. Communication up until formal approval was given was impeccable. Once we signed the loans documents and submitted them that’s when communication dropped off. During settlement my experience was that communication was lacking. I found myself having to contact the financial provider directly to see if there was anything outstanding and settlement dates. I als...o found lendi to be difficult and slow to contact requests during settlement. Overall I would recommend lendi but improvements to communication and service pending settlement of a mortgage need to be made.
It took more than 1 year to do a refinance loan
It took more than a year to refinance a loan missing a better rate as it went up. Also promised calls and then never call. I got the loan in the end but with 1.7% more than when I started the application.
Very easy process
Customer service was excellent and very happy with the rate. Some unexpected delays but easily resolved. Fraser was very friendly, efficient, helpful and polite. Maintained contact throughout the entire process.
A great experience!
Or Lendi consultant was always helpful and respectful of my time. I think the rate we received was ok considering they are on the rise. Our home loan specialist who came on board late in the process confused matters and requested documents that we had already provided. Not sure why she is necessary?
Hit and miss
Mortgage broker (Tom) was awesome, we were off to a great start….upon handover to the Settlements team and everything turned to sh*t. Feels like a case of the left hand (Lendi) not talking to the right hand (Bank), lots of emails and phone calls with mixed messages, no clue as to what documentation had to be signed for the Bank, receive a confirmation from Lendi saying everything’s been completed then a week later apparently not so... I found it more helpful reaching out to the Lender directly to clarify the actual requirements. 3 months later….
Started off well.
The broker seemed rushed and bias. He expected me to sign the pre-approval paperwork immediately without giving me time to read the terms and conditions. He disappeared on me after I got the pre-approval and did not respond to my emails. I've ended up doing my own research and got a better deal elsewhere.
Unreliable and waste of time
I used Lendi twice, once as a first home buyer and then for refinance. In both instances I got wrong products recommended and the process was so slow that I had to get loan arranged from somewhere else.
During refinance I was suggested HSBC. I patiently waited for 4 months but got an abysmal 3.37% fixed rate offer blaming the bank. I would recommend Lendi to those who want to waste their time.
We had an absolutely terrible experience with Lendi which made our home buying experience very painful.
Could have easily just went direct to the bank for a smoother experience in getting a loan.
We were assigned a broker who seemed OK at the very beginning, until after we had bought the property where all the issues started to arise.
She continuously made errors and spoken with certainties, when in fact she had no idea what she was talking about, and never apologises for her errors and puts the blame on others (the bank and us).
1. She was ce...rtain that the bank did not accept nominations to add my partner's name to the contract of sale, and that we must physically amend the signed contract (the agent and both parties' conveyancers all agreed that they never encountered this, and said this was not possible after contracts are signed, which is obviously true, and that nomination form is the correct method). This was never resolved as she insisted that the contract must be amended, and we just wanted to progress with the application without any further delays so that we could meet settlement date. Note that this was needed in order to get the bank to valuate the property. 2. She had to re-submit the loan application multiple times, due to incorrectly putting in the wrong loan amount and wrong product. If this was not picked up by us early each time then we would have potentially missed settlement due to lack of funds and delays on resubmitting. We requested to be updated throughout in order to make sure things were on track but found that we continuously had to be the ones to chase her up and not vice-versa. We even had to change banks from HSBC to Macquarie as following the loan amount update, HSBC would no longer accept our loan request. This lead to an unexpected higher interest rate than was promised (not to even mention an additional credit enquiry on both mine and my partner's credit score due to her error) 3. Upon correcting this, ONCE AGAIN she submits loan application with an offset account that WAS NOT REQUESTED. This caused issues and delays once again as we had to resubmit loan request to the bank and also have to contact the bank directly to sort out account issues and removal of the offset account so that we are not charged annual fee for incorrect product. Be warned, as if you go with Lendi as a broker and encounter issues, that everything needs to be done through the broker for the rest of the loan application if you're going with the same bank (unless you choose to go through the entire application again such as providing bank statements, ID etc. all over again), risking not meeting the settlement date and paying penalties.
Very efficient and helpful.
I was very satisfied and happy with the experience I had with Lendi agent Samuel De Swardt. He was very helpful and very quick to respond to any queries or concerns I had with the refinancing of my loan. The interest rate and bank he has secured for me has been better than I had hoped for.
Customer service was better than any other lender or broker I have dealt with.
Tom searched for the lowest rate based on my situation and found the loan that met my needs and goal.
Anand Mehta - so called lending specialist.
Decided to go with Lendi to re finance. Spoke to Anand Mehta. Very poor communication ability and comes across arrogant. We spoke on the phone at 11:30am and he said to expect a call from him at 5:30pm. No call. Wouldn’t return calls. How on earth could I trust someone with my 30 year term loan if he cannot even have the professionalism to call me back when he said he will.
Lendi loss my business and advise to not deal with Anand Mehta.
Questions & Answers
Hello, waiting for someone to answer my email about removing my details from your system as you broker was rude. I have emailed firstname.lastname@example.org - and there is no one on the other end to help.
Please respond to my email and follow instructions within.
Looking forward to a reply.
I have sent you a private message here on Product Review in order to rectify this issue urgently. Looking forward to hearing back from you!
I am a free-lance real estate agent and now working for Investment Property Consulting. I have a client who wants to buy an investment property. Here are his relevant information:
1. A single-earner with no dependent except his wife who’s not working;
2. He’s earning $65k a year; no personal loan with credit card with 6k limit;
3. His owner-occupier is valued at more than 65k with existing mortgage of only $194k;
4. He is willing to put deposit up to 30% coming from his equity
He wants to know how much he can borrow. I can provide you with any relevant info/documents you may require and you can talk to our client after. You may call me through my mobile phone.
May I hear from you soon.
0430 308 813
Hi Alex, thank you for reaching out. We actually have a really useful tool on our website to help with your inquiry called our burrowing power calculator https://www.lendi.com.au/calculators/. You can...complete the questions to determine the clients capacity. Alternatively, the client can reach us directly by calling us on 1300 323 181 to get in touch with someone from our team. Thank you.
Why doesn't lendi answer their phones anymore ,I have used them previously and found the service great but now can't speak to anyone?
Hi Daniel, thank you for taking the time to leave us a question.
We take customer experience seriously and try answer all inbounds, otherwise we have a call back system in place in case we miss any calls. ...We will be looking into what has happened and will send you a private message to discuss this further. Please reach out on 02 80264019 if you have any further questions or queries and we would be happy to assist you.
Get an answer from our members and Lendi representatives
ProductReview.com.au has affiliate partnerships. These do not influence our content moderation policies in any way, though ProductReview.com.au may earn commissions for products/services purchased via affiliate links.