Reviewer Photos & Videos
Transferred mortgage - Mike was great
Mike Aldridge was very thorough, made the process simple, and gave regular updates on where the process was up to. I am very satisfied with the customer service Mike provided.
My partner and I contacted Lendi in January 2022 for a refinance. Loan settled in June 2022. I believe our first consultant (sorry, don’t remember his name) was absolutely useless. If it wasn’t for Matt Herewini, we would still be waiting. Constantly updating payslips and proof of amounts for refinance. Sorry, but I would not recommend unless dealing with Matt.
Needs slight improvement
Up until formal approval of our refinance I could not fault the service of lendi. They listened to our needs, recommended an extremely competitive product and worked with us to get approval. Communication up until formal approval was given was impeccable. Once we signed the loans documents and submitted them that’s when communication dropped off. During settlement my experience was that communication was lacking. I found myself having to contact the financial provider directly to see if there was anything outstanding and settlement dates. I als...o found lendi to be difficult and slow to contact requests during settlement. Overall I would recommend lendi but improvements to communication and service pending settlement of a mortgage need to be made.
Very easy process
Customer service was excellent and very happy with the rate. Some unexpected delays but easily resolved. Fraser was very friendly, efficient, helpful and polite. Maintained contact throughout the entire process.
A great experience!
Or Lendi consultant was always helpful and respectful of my time. I think the rate we received was ok considering they are on the rise. Our home loan specialist who came on board late in the process confused matters and requested documents that we had already provided. Not sure why she is necessary?
Unreliable and waste of time
I used Lendi twice, once as a first home buyer and then for refinance. In both instances I got wrong products recommended and the process was so slow that I had to get loan arranged from somewhere else.
During refinance I was suggested HSBC. I patiently waited for 4 months but got an abysmal 3.37% fixed rate offer blaming the bank. I would recommend Lendi to those who want to waste their time.
We had an absolutely terrible experience with Lendi which made our home buying experience very painful.
Could have easily just went direct to the bank for a smoother experience in getting a loan.
We were assigned a broker who seemed OK at the very beginning, until after we had bought the property where all the issues started to arise.
She continuously made errors and spoken with certainties, when in fact she had no idea what she was talking about, and never apologises for her errors and puts the blame on others (the bank and us).
1. She was ce...rtain that the bank did not accept nominations to add my partner's name to the contract of sale, and that we must physically amend the signed contract (the agent and both parties' conveyancers all agreed that they never encountered this, and said this was not possible after contracts are signed, which is obviously true, and that nomination form is the correct method). This was never resolved as she insisted that the contract must be amended, and we just wanted to progress with the application without any further delays so that we could meet settlement date. Note that this was needed in order to get the bank to valuate the property. 2. She had to re-submit the loan application multiple times, due to incorrectly putting in the wrong loan amount and wrong product. If this was not picked up by us early each time then we would have potentially missed settlement due to lack of funds and delays on resubmitting. We requested to be updated throughout in order to make sure things were on track but found that we continuously had to be the ones to chase her up and not vice-versa. We even had to change banks from HSBC to Macquarie as following the loan amount update, HSBC would no longer accept our loan request. This lead to an unexpected higher interest rate than was promised (not to even mention an additional credit enquiry on both mine and my partner's credit score due to her error) 3. Upon correcting this, ONCE AGAIN she submits loan application with an offset account that WAS NOT REQUESTED. This caused issues and delays once again as we had to resubmit loan request to the bank and also have to contact the bank directly to sort out account issues and removal of the offset account so that we are not charged annual fee for incorrect product. Be warned, as if you go with Lendi as a broker and encounter issues, that everything needs to be done through the broker for the rest of the loan application if you're going with the same bank (unless you choose to go through the entire application again such as providing bank statements, ID etc. all over again), risking not meeting the settlement date and paying penalties.
Very efficient and helpful.
I was very satisfied and happy with the experience I had with Lendi agent Samuel De Swardt. He was very helpful and very quick to respond to any queries or concerns I had with the refinancing of my loan. The interest rate and bank he has secured for me has been better than I had hoped for.
Customer service was better than any other lender or broker I have dealt with.
Tom searched for the lowest rate based on my situation and found the loan that met my needs and goal.
Highly recommend not using lendi
4.5 months to refinance and still waiting.
Never updated through the process asked for things over and over that had no relevance. I will go directly through a bank then use there service again!
Very disappointed with Lendi settlement team
The broker i delt with to start the process Eric was fantastic but it went down hill from there , i was sent 2 incorrect bank contracts the settlement member Roneel was very hard to get onto he only returned my call after an email outlining my intentions to contact the ombudsman I was given 6 different settlement dates with a lack of explanation why ? that is totally unacceptable and poor business practise we have excellent credit history which was a straight forward application but clearly for a business that is in this line of work on a daily basis cant even get the simple refinance contract settled in a timely manner this is a real concern .I definitely will not be recommending Lendi to family or friends .
Started a refinance loan through Lendi, the agents i have had 3 now and do not call when they say, even got told they forgot, then asking for same documents over and over, i am done have not finished filling in info because they want me to run around and get a release form from the bank when there has been no approval, then the other bank if i get the loan want to charge me to get the same document signed again forget it hire professionals not young people who have no idea what they are doing, i asked for a pacific loan including credit card and this has been ignored.
Best platform so far
You simply upload one document at the time step by step until you have all boxes ticked.
Then they contact you for best loan options and they submit all documents to your new loan provider.
Professional and experienced
I started off enquiring Lendi with some doubts, however Thomas was extremely experienced and professional. Despite the repetitive and long process with the bank itself, Thomas was patience, kind, helpful and an expert. Thomas is definitely worth the 5 stars.
However the 1 star is taken off was due to Lendi was unable to keep their promise in delivering their flybuys bonus enquiry offer. Despite I have contacted Lendi multiple times where I've been promised that I'll get a call-back, however as of to-date still no contact from Lendi and was sti...ll unable to advise me on the Lendi flybuys bonus points. Not a huge bonus, but was disappointed, despite the multiple feedback. I am all for businesses where they keep their promises, and if you can't keep them, then don't sell them to your customers.
Wouldn't even pickup the phone
If you call them, the hold tone is the most annoying tone I have ever heard.
Then, after getting through to someone, they just immediately hung up. Disgusting service and not worth your time.
Questions & Answers
Hello, waiting for someone to answer my email about removing my details from your system as you broker was rude. I have emailed email@example.com - and there is no one on the other end to help.
Please respond to my email and follow instructions within.
Looking forward to a reply.
I have sent you a private message here on Product Review in order to rectify this issue urgently. Looking forward to hearing back from you!
I am a free-lance real estate agent and now working for Investment Property Consulting. I have a client who wants to buy an investment property. Here are his relevant information:
1. A single-earner with no dependent except his wife who’s not working;
2. He’s earning $65k a year; no personal loan with credit card with 6k limit;
3. His owner-occupier is valued at more than 65k with existing mortgage of only $194k;
4. He is willing to put deposit up to 30% coming from his equity
He wants to know how much he can borrow. I can provide you with any relevant info/documents you may require and you can talk to our client after. You may call me through my mobile phone.
May I hear from you soon.
0430 308 813
Hi Alex, thank you for reaching out. We actually have a really useful tool on our website to help with your inquiry called our burrowing power calculator https://www.lendi.com.au/calculators/. You can...complete the questions to determine the clients capacity. Alternatively, the client can reach us directly by calling us on 1300 323 181 to get in touch with someone from our team. Thank you.
Why doesn't lendi answer their phones anymore ,I have used them previously and found the service great but now can't speak to anyone?
Hi Daniel, thank you for taking the time to leave us a question.
We take customer experience seriously and try answer all inbounds, otherwise we have a call back system in place in case we miss any calls. ...We will be looking into what has happened and will send you a private message to discuss this further. Please reach out on 02 80264019 if you have any further questions or queries and we would be happy to assist you.
Get an answer from our members and Lendi representatives
ProductReview.com.au has affiliate partnerships. These do not influence our content moderation policies in any way, though ProductReview.com.au may earn commissions for products/services purchased via affiliate links.