Lenovo Tab 4 8

Lenovo Tab 4 8

MPN: ZA2B0003AU

See the Best Tablets in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Excellent Purchase at the time

Bought this on special to replace an old Nexus 7 as we prefer this size. The Tab 4 8 felt responsive and quick in the shop even compared to my quite new nVidia Shield K1 and the performance hasn't dropped with regular use.

It was replaced under warranty as there was something inside the camera lens causing a blurry mark. Lenovo support requested a few photos (an example, and close up of the lens) and they replaced it. It's not a brilliant camera but it should work as designed. Thankfully the replacement is good.

Battery life has been excellent.

We bought a universal cover at the time but this proved too cumbersome, so I bought a Tab 4 8 specific 3rd-party cover from Amazon a few months later, perfect fit.

Purchased in March 2018 at Harvey Norman for $198.00.

Speaker Quality
Screen Durability
Battery Life
Camera
Night Photography Quality
Rear Camera Quality
Security
Speed

Great tablet for the price

Smooth operation, good price point around $200, very fast boot-up with latest generation of Android, solid build, screen quality is good, comes with micro SD slot for my 64Gb card, the best feature being its long battery life. I generally get 2 days of use mainly web browsing, email, some simple game playing.

Hard to find the Lenovo's Tab 4 8 in Australia and shouldn't be confused with the Lenovo's cheap low memory version the Tab E8 (around $120), a very different tablet priced at the low end market.

Purchased in January 2019 at The Good Guys for $240.00.

Speaker Quality
Rear Camera Quality
Front (Selfie) Camera Quality
Security

Frustratingly slow

This tablet is so slow that I've given up using it for most tasks. It's good for watching videos, but anything that relies on the RAM is frustrating. No longer use for checking Facebook, emails or just basic Web browsing. It's cheap but a waste of money.

Purchased in February 2019 at Officeworks for $128.00.

Brilliant Tablet has traveled far

My Tab 8 has been with me to every state in Australia (except ACT) and the over seas trips too. I realy on it when I travel and it never lets me down. Great screen, long battery life and I don't remember the specs but it has more than enough processor power to do all the tasks I ask of it. NO complaints at all -its a really good choice.

Date PurchasedSep 2016

Great tablet, great screen

I agree this is THE PERFECT size for a tablet. I have a 10 inch Touchpad but its too big to easily pack and too heavy to hold for long period like watching a movie. This is sweet relief after that. Its fast, has a beautiful 8 inch screen and good battery life. It feels sold too. Plan to use for many years to come

Date PurchasedMay 2018

Perfect size - Good Brand

This is in my opinion the absolute sweet spot for tablets - big enough to look at comfortably, yet compact enough to pack anytime. I am very happy with the screen clarity and colour and also the processor speed. Battery life is great too. Lenovo are really kicking goals with their budget tablets these dya,

Date PurchasedMay 2018

Cheap and basic tablet.

Good battery life and performance and speed is good for that price tag. The screen is not the best but it's good enough for regular use. The storage is decent but you can get expansion by using Micro SD. Overall my experience is fantastic just have some problem with the load out of a big apps. Less than 200 bucks, what you can ask for?

Date PurchasedAug 2018

Very basic tablet

Good screen and battery life. OK performance, nothing special. Medium/Low storage for Android 7, giving only about 5Gb free. Not a lot now that Apps are getting bigger and bigger, plus some apps still don't allow storing stuff on SD card such as Kindle.

Missing too many features that makes this a bit of a disappointment. And the on/off button is not near the top like normal. I keep accidentally pressing it in use.

No compass, no magnetic sensor (for case open/close), no light sensor (auto brightness), no proximity sensor (alternate method for case open close), no NFC (not that important for tablets). It does have a notification LED, but it's on the front, so not visible in a case.

Poor implementation of multi-user. Non-primary users miss out on a lot of functionality and have more bugs in the interface.

It's adequate, but I expected a bit more from Lenovo.

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Best size for portability vs viewing

I got this specifically for the 8 inch form factor which I believe is the "goldilocks" just right size and best compromise between portability and viewability. The screen is also excellent on this model (IPS) and so to is battery life. It doesn't have the worlds fastest processor, so browsing can drag a bit on occasion but for viewing Netflix or Youtubes it is excellent. I always travel with this and am very pleased with it.

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Best Tablet Can Buy

Great tablet because right size, long lasting battery, very portable and easy to use and live with.I do have one minor issue with the newer models, the battery clogs up and it becomes slow and WIFI stops working, but it is an easy fix. Just restart it and it turns back to its normal self. Great tablet would replace with same if breaks. Very reliable tablet.

Perfect Size Tab

I think this form factor is just the right size. I own both an older 10 inch tablet and my wife has a 7 inch one and this one is the best compromise. The battery is very long lasting and the screen itself is IPS so its lovely to view. I can watch whole movies on this without feeling fatigued in the eyes. I am happy with this and would definitely replace it if lost.

Date PurchasedMar 2017

Basic tablet, lacks useful basic features

Performs well and battery lasts a long time. Screen resolution acceptable.
Storage a bit low, only 5GB left after a few apps installed and using microSD for photos and maps etc. Good enough for me as I'm not a bit app hoarder.

Lacks a few sensors that I thought were standard these days.
No compass ( so no direction on map until you move a bit)
No auto wake/sleep with case open/close ( so can waste battery if put it away thinking it will turn off like most tablets and phones)
No light sensor ( so no auto brightness. And can't use apps to auto sleep)

Power button in the middle instead of near the top. Hard to get used to when all my other devices are at the top.

As I use it mostly for travel, the lack of compass, light sensor and auto off is a real bummer for me.

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Lenovo Tab 4 8 great gps

I bought the Lenovo Tab 4 8 for a portable and in car navigation system due to its excellent GPS ability. It is doing a great job in place of a genuine GPS unit and I can use the mapping software of my choice. Graphics are great and after 6 months has behaved flawlessly.

Date PurchasedOct 2017

decent bang for buck tablet

recently bought this year and quite happy with my purchase. using this tab for light media use and has been holding up really well. no lag or stutter and is quite light and portable for my use. can be used right out of the box so very handy. battery life is good too.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Great.......however

Fantastic tablet for the price, comes in very handy for reading. Would like an update to Oreo 8.0 though. If Lenovo spent more time on software their line of products would be unbeatable. All in all great product. Hopefully it will last me for a few more years with the update.

Value

Bought this to replace an ailing Samsung Tab S. I do not use this for anything really complicated; emails, web browsing and a few financial apps. Not into gaming (unless you count Classic Word) so not looking for anything too swish. This tablet certainly ticks all my boxes and I can recommend it for anybody looking for a good value tablet.

Date PurchasedSep 2017

Kids love it, very powerful, fast and screen resolution is great

Bought 2 for for my kids last Christmas.
Easy to use, has excellent sound quality, fast tablet and responsive.
Only 2 things that bothered me:
-Cannot start the tablet in the kids profile. I even discussed with Lenovo's tech support. It has a profile system including a kids profile which allows you to limit what apps they use (which sounds great). As it cannot start in the kids profile/mode it means it can never be solely a kids tablet. I had to delete the kids profile and kept it as normal or I would have to start them for the kids and log them in every time.
-Storage is small but you can add a SD Card (which I new before purchase)
Apart from these it is great buy

Date PurchasedOct 2017

Absolutely sensational value for money

Bought this off Gearbest a few months ago and hands down as of 2/18 it's still; the best full HD screen that has the features it has. Handles everything really well and quickly and the screen looks beautiful. Great for everyone in my opinion (even kids if you get an appropriate case). Get on it!

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Great Alternative

As good as our Samsung tab s2 was in my opinion (it got smashed and replacement of screen was >50% of tablet cost). clarity is amazing, speed of processing really good. Lenovo, i find is an under rated brand - yet as big as Apple... definitely recommended as an alternative to the "big brands"

Performs exactly as promised

Yes there are better tablets out there (for double or triple the price), but this is perfect for multimedia use & web browsing. The speakers are great, the screen is great, it is easy to hold in one hand, so very protable, good battery life, expandable memory. I don't game on a tablet or take photos, so I can't comment on those. Probably the only drawback is no fast charge capability, but charge it overnight and it will last all the next day with heavy use.