MPN: ZA300123AU

See the Best Tablets in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Decent for its size in power, great value for money

We use this tablet for web browser, game apps, and Netflix use.
Simple tablet, decent size to watch shows or movies on and good size to hold in the hand. Processor seems to manage all tasks with ease. Load up at startup is relatively quick. The whole family uses it now. Was purchased for a great price on special sale. Didn't come with a screen protector or case but definitely worth the spend.
Can last about nine to ten hours at a time on full charge. Very happy with it so far.

Purchased in July 2019 at Bing Lee Online store for $98.00.

Speed

GREAT product when you weigh up against the price

Bought this for my wife as a substitute for an e-reader and it's been great. Plastic feel and display isn't FHD but zippy and can do most things really well. Think paid around $70 for this and for that price can't go wrong!

Purchased in February 2018 at GraysOnline for $79.00.

Cheap! But quite nasty.

I have bought 2 of these Tab 7 Essential Lenovo tablets.
I thought the 1st one was faulty because it was so slow. I now have a second one and it’s just as slow, but it also has a wifi disconnect problem which causes you to have to reboot the tablet every few hours of use. One of the tablets also has problems connecting to JBL speaker through Bluetooth. It turns out to be a common problem on forums. Lenovo don’t give a damn about fixing it.
Android system is locked and can not be updated to latest versions.
The good thing is that the battery life is good at up to 10-12 hours use and many weeks on standby. The tablets have inbuilt GPS which is great for using with marine navigation apps such as Navionics when there is no wifi for position fixing. The tablets are also quite tough and don’t break from being dropped onto the floor.
My children mostly use them to watch YouTube as the tablets are far too unresponsive to screen taps to actually type a message or play any game. It’s sort of like using an ereader instead of a tablet.
But for $80 delivered from Lenovo, can’t demand too much performance. It would just be beneficial if they advertised the fact that this is a slooowww product made even slower by the addition of a 16gig memory card as it seems to do some extra scanning in the background with the SD card in.
Hope that helps someone decide to spend more money on a better product.
Cheers

Purchased in December 2018 at Lenovo for $80.00.

Speed

A very cheap tablet that can't be expected to last years

This tablet performs the basics well. It isn't intended for high end tasks like streaming multiple HD video.

I bought the model without SIM card, so will review speed, reliability etc. It does all the basic tasks very well, even up to ChromeCasting. It is best to install a memory card and a Google Play Store app for moving files to SD card. This frees the limited memory.

I used it as an e-book reader across a wider scope than my Kindle. FB Reader worked well. It connected to any WiFi seamlessly, and could download anything well. The WiFi range was good within my house.

Battery life for me was about 1 day. After that usage (about 50% hours) I had to recharge.

After 2 years and 2 months it has developed a memory fault. Rather than try to repair it using iFixit or similar I have got a Lenovo Tab E8. I will report.

Purchased in February 2017 at Officeworks Physical store for $89.00.

Speed

Worst Tablet. Even with boosted memory; so slow. Will never buy this brand again

Excruciatingly slow. This waste of space can’t even report problems correctly. Don’t buy if you want to open an app and use it without an hour or so of delays.
I’ve tried every work around with this piece of junk and it’s still the same on Chrome / Safari , etc.

Slow

It is much slower than my Samsung S6 that I bought 2.5 years ago. Some of the games from the phone are not working (my daughter's barbie game for example). You click on anything and it takes seconds to respond, even unlocking it. Probably just for youtube/netflix selector for your google chrome or something.

Date PurchasedSep 2018

Basic

My 6 year old has this tablet and it is ok but not amazing. The screen seems to have worn so that swiping and tapping can be quite difficult, he’s only had it 3 months and is very careful with it. The home and settings etc seem difficult to navigate. Wouldn’t purchase again but as it generally works fine, this is just personal preference.

Done Good Service

This tablet is real trouper. It has been to many countries in Asia and most Australian states. Mt wife uses it as her travel device and does everything from movies to kindle books on it. It gets used intensely, then not used for months at home. Its served very well and still works perfectly. Was very good value.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

Lovely on the road

I always pack this on trips and its marvelous. I mostly just use it when I am on the road and it is very useful. The screen is nice to look at and I don't get tired eyes, even after a few movies in a row. Battery life is very good and I do all my emails and even read the newspapers on it. best $100 I spent in a long time!

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Been tremendous for two years

We got this just before along holiday and it is still going great guns. Beaut screen and good battery life and quite good sound quality. We realised that we can pretty much do everything we need on this tiny 7 inch device from banking to booking a hotel to watching movies. Great machine and its paid for itself in usefulness many times over

Date PurchasedSep 2016

Good travel media tablet

This was a good friend over the past six months travelling. I got a large SD card and loaded it up with movies for the road. It has a nice crisp screen and reasonable audio so it plays very well as a media viewer and also has a long battery life so overall made a good travel companion. Good value too at $98.

Happy with this tablet

I would definitely recommend this tablet - we have had it for about six months now and its a solid performer. Its no iPad but its only $100 and its more a case of being excellent for the price paid. Sceen is good, battery life is good, case is solid. Processor and RAM combo cab be slow at times but overall its good.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Excellent screen, good battery life

This is the best basic android tablet I could find after some research - there are fewer basic tablets than you would think that are reasonable quality! The screen is really good (for the price) not Samsung quality but it has enough pixel density to make watching movies quite OK without getting tired eyes. Battery life is good (multiple days) and its quite sturdy too. Good tablet for $100

Perfect Android Tablet for Kids

The Lenovo Tab 7 Android tablet is a very nice and cheap, but well built and featured tablet. It hhas the latest version of Android OS with good support for updates. I would thoroughly recommend this as something for kids and all the family. I got this online from Lenovo for only $99, including delivery!

Date PurchasedJun 2018

Best features at this price point

These are less than $100 but are really fair value considering what you DO get. Lenovo have obviously leaned towards making the screen good ( this is often compromised in cheap tablets). Its IPS which translates to 'can be viewed from most angles' and is pretty pleasant to look at. i can watch a movie on it without getting tired eyes, despite only being 7 inches. Battery life is good. They saved on the internals so the processor can be sluggish but overall I am happy with it.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Best value basic tab at the moment

We carefully compared dall thats on offer and there are less decent Android tablets than I thought. Lots of junk models out there, but this one is the cheapest available that's still a reasonably competent machine from a known brand. Its only around $100 and is actually pretty decent. Not the fastest ever but good screen and battery life. The ROM is basic android. Overall - good and very good value

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Cheap and good!

I bought this tablet for my son to download kids apps and play. This is the second Lenovo tablet I have as I previously bought another model for my other son. They are great value for money. The cheapest tablet I found and it does the job. Most importantly it's a good brand, so compared to other tablets with the same price tag with no brand, I definitely prefer this one

Date PurchasedMay 2018

Fantastic fast small tablet with excellent graphics and sound

As per usual Lenovo comes up with the great value tablets packed with great features and very little bloatware. We already own the tab4 10 and the Tab 7 is just as efficient. Battery life is great for a tablet that size. Would definitely recommend for those on a budget.

Date PurchasedJul 2018

Has been thoroughly used and enjoyed!

I got this for my wife after I broke the screen on her previous one (by sitting on it). She mostly used it for eBooks at first and then Netflix once we got that. Its definitely no powerhouse - it can be slow to resolve pages but it has a surprisingly bright and pleasant screen and good battery life. I am not sure I would buy this new now as its getting a bit old but we have had a very good use from it.

Date PurchasedMar 2017

AMAZING

This is the best for my four year old. I didn't think it was going to be the best for $97 but it was proved me wrong I haven't had a problem with the tablet.

Date PurchasedJul 2018

Why doesnt my tablet work when internet is turned on?
Not sure mate! I'd be going back to your seller and asking them. Could be a warranty job.It seems to be a common problem. Mine does the same. Updated everything and nothing. Only solution is “restart” tablet and then it works for a day or two until again it loses connection and won’t reconnect. Nothing but quality here :-P

How does this tab perform when using apps like Facebook and Messenger?
Really well! For basic apps like that it's speedy and responsive. Intensive gaming though it may struggle..Thanks!I found that it struggles with Facebook and messenger for two reasons. One seems to be that as you fill up it’s 16gig storage to around 80%, it seems to slow it down. The second and more annoying problem is when it comes time to typing a message, the touchscreen is super inaccurate and also slow to respond to keystrokes. Spelling mistake galore. I wrote this response on my iPhone and it took all of 60 seconds, whereas on the Lenovo tablet, I would still be backspacing and retouching the correct letters multiple times, and probably would have thrown the tablet across the room by now, and you would have no response from me. You don’t have to believe me, but I have 2 of these for the children, and even they get frustrated practicing to correctly type “train”, as it gets characters all wrong as it doesn’t sense where you’re pressing accurately. It’s about 60-80% accurate. Avoid this unless you just want to watch YouTube.

Is the tab 7 good for daliy use like in the the afternoon for something to do after school?

CategoryTablets