LG 442L Top Mount GT-442 Series

• Internal Layout

Orlando L.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Wish I never bought this fridge

Bought on 27/09/17, plastic fan in freezer compartment broke on august 2019, now after getting it fixed it’s broken again December 2020, have to wait 2 weeks for tech to look at it so I’m going to throw it out and never buy an LG fridge ever again nor will I recommend anyone to buy one, 3 years old and needs a 3rd fan, not to mention the inconvenience of not having a fridge for days on end because of waiting for technicians,

Purchased in September 2017.

Liz

LizSydney, NSW

Love the fridge but make sure the door is on the right side as it cant be swapped.

Maintains constant temperature. Doors are easy to open so great for older people. Easy to keep clean. Price wise it was a bargain for what you actually get. Would thoroughly recommend this fridge.

Purchased in May 2019 at Harvey Norman Retail Stores.

expattr

expattrSydney Surrounds, NSW

LG FRIDGE IS NOT RELIABLE

I bought this fridge around August 2017. 2 months ago its door shelf is cracked although we used it gently. 1 month ago its leg support is cracked. I do not have enough time to buy a new fridge, and I do not want to use this fridge as a cracked door shelf preventing the door to close. LG provides a two-year warranty, and I need to pay around 100 dollars for replacing these parts. I do not recommend any LG product to people because of this experience.

Top Mount Fridges / Refrigerators

Find out how LG 442L Top Mount GT-442 Series compares to other Top Mount Fridges / Refrigerators

Jafrin S.

Jafrin S.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Very good service

Very good fridge for our family of five. Easy to adjust the temperature. Ample space in the fridge and fridge. Very good in very reasonable price. I definitely recommend this product.

Purchased in October 2018 at Harvey Norman for $750.00.

Hari

Hari

solid performer

I has been close to 2 years since I got this fridge and zero complaints so far. Maintains a constant temperature and runs pretty quite. Wish the egg trays were bigger and the fridge was lit from the sides.

Purchased in June 2017.

The best kitchen appliances in 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-best-kitchen-appliances-in-2020

Best Fridges and Dishwashers in 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
best-fridges-and-dishwashers-in-2020
Gabbi

GabbiGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Great fridge so far

Purchased a LG top mount fridge... Much happier with this... It's spacious.. Easy to clean. Bright and great value for money. Looks great too! I have small children and so far no fingerprints left... Yay!

Purchased in January 2019 at Harvey Norman for $1,200.00.

Alphacat

AlphacatSouth East Queensland, QLD

Fantastic easy to keep clean

Fridge and freezer have internal lights. Alarm sounds if either door is left open. Essy to keep clean inside and out. Freezer can be changed into fridge but I haven't used this. My electricity bill went down when I purchased this fridge freezer and has stayed down. Easy to adjust internal Temps

Purchased in August 2017 at Betta Home Living for $800.00.

cherubbabiesIllawarra, NSW

Highly recommended

Great in every way. This fridge has lasted us for nearly 20 years.
Has not skipped a beat.
Its tremendous in every way.
Great features.
Loads of room inside
Easy to keep clean
Very affordable
Great in every way for us

Purchased in December 1999 at winnings for $550.00.

Jag

JagMelbourne

Great energy saving refrigerator

I have bought this fridge a year ago. It doesn't make any noise.
It has plenty of room for fresh fruit and veggies as well.
Comes with smart diagnosis.
4 star energy rating will save you few $$$.
10 year warranty on inverter motor.

Purchased in November 2017 for $738.00.

Sydney_mon

Sydney_monSydney

Highly recommended

Colour is graphite and the size is just right. Plenty of space and I don’t even have to turn the temperature up! I put mine in the lowest setting for the freezer and mid in the bottom and it cools the fridge and keeps the food fresh.

Beeps when you accidentally leave the doors open or have kept it open for a while. It comes with a phone app and you can log in and control the fridge set up using your mobile phone.

Great value for money!

Date PurchasedDec 2017
Tigg

TiggGold Coast

Excellet fridge - reduced my power bill by $160 per quarter

Date PurchasedApr 2018
BetterThingsToDo

BetterThingsToDoCanberra

Why would you make a weight bearing part out of plastic?

The levelling part under the hinge on the front of the fridge spontaneously gave way a few weeks back. Since then I've been in contact with LG. The first time they sent the wrong part. The second time they said they'd send the right part, then a few days later said they needed to send a technician. Today I waited, the technician came and now I have to wait until they can get the part. So that'll be another day waiting around until they can fix the problem. What a waste of time for a fridge that is barely 18 months old!

Date PurchasedMay 2017
Kylie little

Kylie littleSwan Reach

Loads of space in both freezer and Lower fridge

We bought the LG 442 freezer top fridge bottom because it's just me and my partner and we buy weekly so our fridge is mainly used and the freezer is used for ice or ice cream or few frozen ready to eat meals. The price was really good too and it's power star rating was really good. The only one star we removed was because the door gets a bit sticky

Date PurchasedJuly 2017
Chris R

Chris RBrisbane

Too noisy and poor customer support

We've had this fridge for a year now and while it works well, the problem is the noise. The high pitch whine when it operates is terrible and can be heard across several rooms.

We contacted LG support about this and eventually they did send out a technician. Unfortunately I think his hearing was not the best and given his age he might not have been able to fully hear the high pitch. So, nothing was done to fix the problem. We've given up trying to get support to actually fix the problem.

If I could return this fridge, I'd do it in a heartbeat.

Date PurchasedSept 2017
Jo C

Jo Cmoora

Don't buy this model-faulty seals and poor customer service

We are very happy with all aspects of the fridge, except the seal on the freezer. It does not seal on the top left hand corner, so whenever you close the fridge door the seal is opened on the freezer, and if you don't open and shut the freezer every time it will gradually open more and more. We have called the customer service team for LG as this problem appeared within 2 months of purchase, and they said that this was normal and refused to do anything about it. I am very disappointed with the lack of understanding from the person I spoke to and with this product. Would recommend you spend your money on a different brand of fridge rather than risking experiencing the same problems!

Date PurchasedJuly 2017