MPN: 65SM8600PTA

• Picture Quality

Renn
Renn

Such bad customer service

Purchased the TV in December 2020 TV then developed a white line up the centre and we were advised to have it repaired went without a TV for three weeks the part to repair the TV then arrived damaged so the repairer returned our TV and repaired then numerous phone calls and time talking to LG customer service who then gave me a store creditWhich now doesn’t Cover the replacement cost of the equivalent TV because I’ve been mucked around for so long and I’ve spoken to LG customer care and they don’t really care basically I have to fork out more money to get our equivalent TV

Purchased in December 2020.

Carolina
CarolinaPerth, WA

Don't buy

TV stopped working after 6 months. Had to call LG technical service, I've been without a TV for almost 3 weeks (waiting for parts to arrive).
I am very disappointed with the brand, when I purchased the TV I also bought a Fridge both LG and both failed in less than 6 months. The good guys don't take the faulty items back.

Purchased in April 2020 at The Good Guys for $1,466.00.

Bundy
BundySouth East Queensland, QLD

Great Value

Now owned for 8 months and very happy.
Great value at the $1370 I paid, even at the higher price quoted here still good. I haven't ever owned an LG product before because of the disastrous crap the used to put out under the name of Goldstar, some two decades ago. Only after numerous people told me how good they were now, I dared look at this manufacturer again and I am glad I did.
This TV is not the best of the best but the quality of picture along with loads of functions and ease of use make it GREAT BUYING. Anybody wanting better has too much money this one does the job for me and HIGHLY RECOMMEND it.

Purchased in February 2020 at The Goodguys for $1,369.00.

4K Ultra HD TVs

Find out how LG 65SM8600PTA (65") compares to other 4K Ultra HD TVs

MTG

Good colors but black bleeding is an issue

• +1Thumbnail

Purchased in July 2019.

MTG

Hi Alicia, I have emailed you directly. Looking forward to a resolution to my issue soon. Best MTG

Keith
Keithasked
65SM8600PTA (65")

I want to play movies from a usb stick. Can you pls advise:
Usb 2 or 3?
Max size for Usb stick?
Usb stick format Fat32? Or NTFS?
Type of video file? Mp4 or avi or ?
I can’t find any info in the manual.

MTG

Sorry Keith, I have not tried to play movies from a USB. Unfortunately the TV is mounted on the wall so I can not even test it. As an alternative, if you have a Bluray player plugged in, try doing it via that. That's the only thing I can think of. Hope it helps

alphacinator
alphacinator

Don't use USB to play movies. Still got old Panasonic 3D bluray player to record movies on TV channels. Also play 4k/ bluray movies on Panasonic 4K player. Or play movies bought from Google movies and TV shows using inbuilt app on LG TV.

Jeremy
Jeremy

You can play from usb stick or usb drive upto 1Tb. BUT it needs to be formatted by TV first. Then copy files to it with windows. Some osx might mess up the formatting. mp4, mkv is best. avi is ok but is huge for 4k.

Get an answer from our members and LG representatives

Compare all 3 LG SM86 Series