LG CordZero A9

LG CordZero A9

A9MASTER2X, A9MULTI2X, A9ULTIMATE, etc...

Buying the best vacuum cleaner

Read now

JimSouth East Queensland, QLD

Good, but battery life could be lots better

Mainly carpet, but also some tiles. I am happy with its suction and all round performance, but, and it's a big BUT, I am disappointed in the battery life. I need to buy one new battery right now, after a little over 2 years, where the cleaner is used just once each two weeks in my 4 bedroom , not overlarge, sole occupancy house. Most of the tiles are cleaned with a HiZero sweeper / mop. Like Geoff -(review 17 Dec 20), I am interested in learning how to extend battery life.

Purchased in August 2018 for A$800.00.

Sucked in

Sucked inGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Can't live without it

I was vacuuming and last week and then the battery stopped the motor, I diligently replaced with another LG battery and now the whole unit has stopped. I am most unhappy as I cannot live without it. I did expect the two batteries to last much longer. I actually do not beleive that it is battery trouble, I think it is the motor but I am not an engineer ! What should I do? Can't take it back to shop in Melbourne as shops are not open. Where is the LG service centre in Melbourne? Tried calling LG but could not get through to anyone. I threw out the box so I don't have all the specific details that are on the box like model number and my receipt details were stuck on there too. I just want my silver stick vac to work again. :(

Purchased in January 2020 at Myer for A$750.00.

Loi

LoiGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

A Great Time Saver

I use the LGCordZeroA9 on carpet and tiled floor in my rented unit.It goes easy on both surfaces picking up ground in dirt and dust in the carpet.Its so quick I spend less time vacuuming.Great suction and easy to empty.

Purchased in September 2020 at Harvey Norman Online for A$649.00.

SonGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Requiring replacement batteries after 2.5 years

I bought the A9MULTI2X in 2018 and paid a lot for it. It worked reasonably well and was very easy to use, especially on floorboards. It was good having 2 batteries. Now, 2.5 years later, I have to replace both batteries. If I'd known this was going to happen, I wouldn't have bought this particular stick vacuum cleaner.

Purchased in March 2018 at The Good Guys for A$850.00.

Son

Thank you to Alicia at LG. I have now been offered two free new replacement batteries for the A9MULTI2X. I am very happy about this as this stick vacuum is very handy for doing floorboards in a house. Thanks again.

Robert

RobertSydney, NSW

Great but batteries where not lasting as long but LG was happy to assist.

We bought this product over the Dyson as we had problems with the batteries not lasting. Have had it 18 months and am having issues where the batteries won't even work on full power. We only live in a unit so it should be able to do this area no problem. It was a great vacuum but for the price we expected it to last longer than that.
But we contacted LG and they where happy to assist.
We are very happy with the support and with the product.

Purchased in October 2018 at Harvey Norman Retail Stores for A$899.00.

Floor TypeCarpet and Wood
Archana

ArchanaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Great Vacuum

We were looking for a vacuum that goes with multiple floors and this one suited well. It gives you the option for mop as well and various attachments. It is a bit heavy to use but overall easy to clean and store with the stand.

Purchased in May 2020 at Harvey Norman Retail Stores for A$900.00.

Sheila T.

Sheila T.Sydney, NSW

Great vacuum but on the heavier side

Purchased in May 2020 at Bing Lee Online store for A$899.00.

John T.

John T.North Queensland, QLD

Great cordless Vac

I have owned the A9MULTI cordless vac for 15 months and use it on an almost daily basis.
The multi head is great on all types of floors and it picks up pet hair with ease, the suction is better than my old upright Dyson.
It is a really compact and tidy unit that tucks away nicely in the corner of the laundry and is always powered up and ready for use.
Its also easy to change/clean the filters and maintain the unit.
So much more convenient than dragging out the old corded vac.

Purchased in January 2019 at Harvey Norman for A$760.00.

Floor TypeCarpet, Linoleum and Tiles

Great Product

Worked well on all floors even with very hairy pet. It's great to have both batteries to avoid frustration of half finished jobs although they can be expensive to replace.

Purchased in May 2018 for A$699.00.

Rob
Rob

Lg very kindly replaced the battery even though it was just out of warranty
Great customer service.

don't waste your money

I purchased an a9 2x yesterday and after fully charging both batteries proceeded to use today only to find that I could only do app half the house mostly on hard floors before batteries were flat now have to wait 3.5 hours to charge up both batteries before completing the cleaning of house
also gives you blister on finger knuckle when using as hand grip as a stupid finger hole on handle
does pick up dust which is good
with carpet head won't let you push away from yourself you must pick up and drag head back to yourself
looks like its app 9 hour job to clean house with waiting time

Purchased in April 2020 at Harvey Norman Retail Stores - Appliances for A$800.00.

INSPECTOR ALAN
INSPECTOR ALAN
Teyah

TeyahSydney, NSW

LG A9 Zero Amazing

Purchased in February 2020 at Harvey Norman for A$1,048.00.

John Brisbane East

John Brisbane EastSouth East Queensland, QLD

Nothing but problems,

Constant issues with the battery sent it back to LG who said it was fine. that now only lasts 30 seconds- buyer beware, For a top of the range vacuum this is a very poor product

Purchased in January 2019 at The Good Guys for A$600.00.

Floor TypeTiles
Laurie P

Laurie PCanberra 2600, ACT

Update - power issue was a filter problem: Battery stopped working in a just over year

Update: I managed to fix the power issue by replacing all the filters (even though they weren’t that old), and the battery holds a 25 min charge again. It still hunts up and down the power mode, but it is functioning. Actually has been working pretty well for two years now!
We spent around $800 on a CordZero and its pretty disappointing. After only a year of average use the battery already wont hold a charge, and the vacuum hunts in and out of power mode on its own. Its just below par at this price point.

Purchased in May 2018 at JB Hi-Fi for A$799.00.

jj17

jj17Victoria

USELESS IN THE CAR

Purchased in January 2019 at Harvey Norman.

Anthony Bevitt

Anthony BevittSouth East Queensland, QLD

Fantastic Vacuum, Extra Battery is a Bonus!

Purchased in February 2019 at The Good Guys for A$775.00.

Floor TypeCarpet, Linoleum, Tiles and Wood

Kingst

KingstSydney, NSW

Better than a Dyson

This is easy to use and you only have to turn it on and don’t have to hold the button like a Dyson. Battery charge is easy and if you need to replace the battery is a simple not like Dyson. Over the years I have purchased 5 Dyson vacuum cleaners because we have a two storey house. What really annoys me is that each model is not interchangeable with the parts so I have bought separate boxes so that I don’t get confused with the accessories. The only difference with the LG models is extra accessories. I didn’t go for the top model because I didn’t need the function. The only problem with it the LG is the emptying function, but you do get use to it.

Purchased in May 2019 at Bing Lee Online store for A$624.00.

Michael

MichaelSydney

Been having an horrid experience with LG

Purchased in June 2019 at Myer for A$700.00.

Vinh

VinhGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Breathing problems

If you have problems with breathing, try before you buy, the exhaust air blown out of unit and up to your face, air is filtered, but not 100%, small amount of fine dust is ready for you to filter. Unit should blow down and away. Chance you breath in would be less.

Purchased in June 2019 at The Good Guys for A$750.00.

Mid C

Mid CHobart, TAS

Works great! Battery lasts fine

At first I was unsure about buying this because our house is all carpet, but after several uses it performs great. I find I don't need to use the turbo feature much as it does a fine job as it is. I love all the extra attachments and haven't need to use the second battery yet which is great.

Also works great on tiles and the sofa too with the extra attachment. I got the care kit which gives you a few more options. The only downside is that the container fills up fast, but you would expect that in a hand held device. It's enough for most of the house so no a real issue. I also wish it extended a little further.

Very happy with everything so far and as a bonus I think it looks much better than the Dyson :)

Purchased in November 2018 at Billy Guyatts for A$709.20.

Waste of money

purchased 2 months ago, had to clean power drive, had to ring customer care to assist over phone as it was so difficult to remove, not so much what you had to do, it just wouldn’t budge, it finally did, but now can’t get it back on without breaking it. Rang customer care, who was taking so long as she was addressing other people at the same time. No assistance. Left a message saying disappointed someone rang I rang them back. I also sent a video what was happening , customer care said I have to take it 25 km away to closes repairer. I can’t tell you how regretful I am that I bought this should hav bought Dyson

Purchased in March 2019.

Floor TypeCarpet and Wood

JusNat

JusNatasked

CordZero A9ULTIMATE

Hi, the hard floor power head to my A9 Ultimate has stopped working - does not spin at all when attached. It moves a very small amount when vacuum is initially turned on, but then nothing. Has this happened to anyone else and if so, was there a reason it was doing this? Thank you

Jim

Justan. Sorry I can't help. I'm a bit of a neanderthal with these things. All I can say is that I have been haopy, for over two years, with the way my LG cleaner performs, and very pleased with the only contact i have had with the Service back up team, Regards Jim

Jayme L.

Jayme L.asked

CordZero A9ESSENTIAL

Purchased the A9 essential maybe 4 months ago, within the first 2 weeks I had it back at the place of purchase due to batteries not charging (would put on charge at 6pm wake up in the morning and was still flashing on one bar) they replaced the charging dock and appears to have sorted that issue. Now a couple months later it will not power up? You press the power button and the battery displays comes up and the third bar flashes but that's it? Any idea why it would be doing this? I have cleaned and rinsed and filters ect and didn't help? Switched the batteries ect and nothing

Andree Mansour
Andree Mansour

Hi ,
My issue (poor suction) is different to what you're experiencing so I'm not sure I can be of any help to you. I suggest you take it back to the retailer and demand a refund, or if it is still under warranty, get the retailer to send it back to LG for their assessment. Good luck!

bbgun
bbgun

I have the same problem with A9 ultimate.... app says its charging/cleaning/what power mode, the power head runs, but the actual vacuum motor doesn't run. it worked once, then not again. had it for 3 days. its going back.

Pamela Masked

CordZero A9

Can the LG model A9 stick vacuum be used on Bamboo wooden floors? Some other makes are reported to scratch wooden floors. I want to buy one stick cordless vacuum for wooden floors and thick pile carpets on stairs and floors. Appreciate your feedback. Pamela.

kerry
kerry

I wouldn't use it on wooden floors its turbo brush may scratch

Pamela M

Thanks Kerry, I’ll have to rethink my purchase for a more expensive vacuum stick with a wooden floor attachment.

Rod
Rod

The next model up comes with a HARD FLOOR BRUSH, this is a soft felt like pad roller and shouldn't scratch wooden floors. I suggest you check it out at a retailer

Get an answer from our members and LG representatives

Compare all 12 LG CordZero A9
CategoryStick & Cordless Vacuum CleanersStick & Cordless Vacuum CleanersStick & Cordless Vacuum CleanersStick & Cordless Vacuum Cleaners
Price (RRP) A$884.00A$749.00A$834.00A$699.00
Bin Capacity0.44 L0.44 L0.44 L0.44 L
HEPA FilterNoNoNoNo
Weight2.7 kg2.7 kg2.7 kg2.7 kg
TypeCordlessCordlessCordlessCordless
Charging Time3.5 hours3.5 hours3.5 hours3.5 hours
Running Time 40 min40 min40 min40 min
Suction (Air Watts)140 AW140 AW140 AW140 AW
Manufacturer Warranty2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)
ManualDownload manualDownload manual