LG EF950T Series

4K Ultra HD TVs Buying Guide

Our buying guide will explain which type of 4k ultra hd tv would suit you most, how much you can expect to pay for one, and which features are worth looking out for.

Jenn

JennAustralia

Standard Functional TV

Picture quality was quite good compared with former hitachi tv we had (both 4k). Speakers work but not too impressed with sound quality- have to have it on very high volume when streaming via hdmi. Reasonably decent amount of hdmi ports but the numbers of apps available are a bit limited making it more likely that hdmi is used — feels more like a monitor system with speakers in a way. Overall basic standard functioning 4k tv but nothing amazing

Date PurchasedDec 2017
    Lynda

LyndaGold Coast

Screen retains frequent images

Date PurchasedFeb 2016

PiajessMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

If you want to see every last pore and wrinkle, this is the TV for you

Date PurchasedJul 2017
    4K Ultra HD TVs

Find out how LG EF950T Series compares to other 4K Ultra HD TVs

anthonyTweed Heads

Travel the world with vision perfect reality

Very satisfied with picture quality.
    Built in speakers are good have enhanced them with a Samsung 130W sound Bar
    Three HDMI ports more than enough
    Operating system is. Very good on its own and also operates well Telstra TV app ,YouTube and with Chromecast via my IPhone using the YouTube app

Date PurchasedMar 2017
    anthony

LG Oled technology far ahead of its competitors

OC98

OC98

LG so far ahead with its OLED technology

When you look at the picture quality you will be amazed by the brightness and sharpness of the images especially prints with heaps of colours, fireworks look amazing and so does sport or any action movies
    TV comes with usb and hdmi ports and also ethernet
    TV has all your popular apps already on like Netflix and Stan
    Highly recommend and good value for money
    If you have issues with the picture quality make sure you turn off the power saving mode

Date PurchasedJul 2016
    Marie

MarieMelbourne

Very clear and smart TV

I bought this TV on 6/6/16. I am very happy with this TV because the sound is very clear; picture is very sharp; and weight is very light. I thought I was in front of a movie theater. I can play it like a laptop or a PC. It's a multipurpose TV.
    My whole family loves it.

Date PurchasedJun 2016
    Jenny

JennySydney

Just awesome

Picture quality is sensational. Blacker blacks and vibrant colours. Actually the standard set up was too much and had to use my spears tuning disc to dial it back a bit.
    I Can't speak to the audio, as I run a surround system but teamed up with the oppo 203 4K player, the output was amazing. 3D was a real surprise and was a serious step up over my Samsung BD TV.
    Very impressed and heartily recommended..

Date PurchasedFeb 2017
    Eileen

Eileen

Keep it Simple I am not Stupid!

This TV was bought by my daughter for me. Most TVs today are so complicated you almost need a degree in electronics to change channel. I do not want to talk to contestants on reality slimming show, nor watch six different sports games at once. I just need to find what's on and where to click! I also don't need to send for a technician every time we have a power failure. So far this model is manageable, good picture, clear sound and does what I need.

Date PurchasedMay 2014
    Sanja

SanjaPerth, WA

Worst customer service ever

Starts turning on and off, unstable internet and surround system. we got a dodgy one.
    really bad customer service, you can't get through to anyone and they just ignore you and hope you will eventually give up on trying to find a resolution. Not buying LG ever again. After sales service is necessary.

Date PurchasedJan 2013
    4K Ultra HD TVs

Find out how LG EF950T Series compares to other 4K Ultra HD TVs

Alan DunnMAITLAND

The perfect all round TV

Date PurchasedMar 2016
    Alan Dunn

It's now nearly a month later and I still don't have a working TV

darchco

darchcomelbourne

NOT AS SPECIFIED

I purchased this tv based on the specifications on line and in store
    I then found out that it could not stream netflix hdr
    LG admitted this fault and have offered to fully refund my money
    Disappointing to say the least
    I now have to send it back and start over again
    Samsung tv's are hdr compliant and so are Sony's

Date PurchasedJul 2016
    Mikan

MikanMelbourne

Not worth playing panel roulette

TBZ