LG FH6

LG FH6

MPN: 36388581

See the Best Speakers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Great Party Music System

Although I have a few other Music Systems, this LG X-Boom Freestyler FH6 Stereo Sound System is by far the best for being super loud with great bass.

Whilst is has Bluetooth which works just fine, I use the USB mainly which I find super easy navigating the music with the supplied remote. The lights are cool, with an option to completely turn them off.

DJ effects are a bit of a novelty which the kids love pressing.

Had it for about 1 year, used extensively and no issues to date.

All in all a very good purchase from Harvey Norman.

Date PurchasedAug 2017

Dissapointing MP3 performance and customer service.

Purchased this unit from Harvey Norman for $398 which was a fair price. Got it for my wife as she has complained for a long time that she wanted a decent stereo.

600 watts should be enough and I was right. Very very loud so no complaints there.
The lights are pretty and can be adjusted so no complaints there.
The Karaoke feature just softens the voice a lot but it is still there. I like that, but my wife hates that as she would want the voice removed completely. Bit of a miss.

The wife also likes CD's and this does not have a CD player which I knew but I figured MP3's on a large stick are better anyway. Hmmm... This MP3 playing function is a major reason I purchased this.

I have not tried to hook it up to the TV. I have tried Bluetooth playing and it works brilliantly. The FH6 remote can control the iPhone for volume and song selection and visa versa. It is sorta portable. You do need a bit of strength to move it from room to room but because of that is is very stable. It is also very large. About the height of a 7 year old child.

On a 32 GB USB stick I have about 27 albums downloaded. They are listed as artist, album, and within that songs. Once you plug in the USB the unit scans the USB stick. For about 1,200 songs it takes about 5 seconds so that's cool. Artists are in alphabetical order but that's ok. The albums within that folder are presented correctly. I have numbered the albums and it seems to follow the numbers in the title. So far excellent.

Once it gets into the albums things go bad. Playing the album has the songs played out of order. For example songs are played in this order; 3 - 8 - 15 - 2 - 5 - 1 - etc... The songs are numbered correctly.

I have tried putting three digits for the song number such as 001 and 002 but this has not helped. I have tried using letters such as aa ab ac...but again this has not helped. I even tried playing with the ID tags but I suspected I didn't really know what I was doing. I'm reasonable. I decided to contact LG support.

I first sent an email 9 January 2017. They replied the answer is too technical to answer so please call us. I rang them on the Sunday I think 15th January 2017. The customer service person had a look at the instructions but there was no answer (I already knew this by looking it up previously online as that is the only place for detailed instructions) so she said she would have to ask their technical people to call back. I did explain that as I work in a call centre my mobile phone is turned off during working hours and that they should use my email. I also explained I will do whatever I need to get this fixed including uploading any software if possible via the USB stick.

They called back 17th January twice. I of course had no idea until lunch time so I called them back. Customer service had a look and then decided to put me through to technical help. I had to hang up after a few minutes as I had to go back to work. This happened 4 times over the next few days. On the fifth call I asked if they could please use my email and again I explained my situation. The customer service person said they would ask that be done but it may take up to 48 business hours. This is from 18th January 2017. I then asked if she meant 6 business days and she confirmed yes.

Of course, to date I do not have a solution.

As the MP3 played within the unit can not play songs in order from an album, for my purposes I have to declare this product unfit for use. Imagine playing "Welcome to my nightmare" or "War of the Worlds" out of order but this is exactly what this unit does. Admittedly, I'm having issues with Red Hot Chili Peppers, The Prodigy, and Marilyn Manson, but that is almost irrelevant. Because of this issue my wife does not use this LG X-Boom FREESTYLER HiFi unti.

However, if you do not use the USB stick then this could be an great unit to buy.

Date PurchasedNov 2016