LG French Door GF-B Series

• Internal Layout
Carol

CarolFar North Queensland, QLD

Buyer Beware

We purchased this fridge 17 months ago and it was deemed unrepairable due to leaking gas pressure. In a way we were lucky it happened within the 2 yr warranty. Apparently this fridge cannot be serviced as the fridge back is sealed! We could have been $2000 out of pocket! LG do not have customer service. We had to chase them for credit note and as this fridge is now $300 more a year later, they would not compensate us the difference. We refused their offer of a same model fridge, which meant we would have to wait weeks more for. We are still waiting to hear back to a claim of lost food. Worst experience ever.

Purchased in February 2019 at The Good Guys for $1,852.00.

LG
LG A.LG
Andrew C

Andrew CSydney, NSW

First one lasted 4 months due to compressor failure, Second one seems to have the same issue after 9 months

I bought this fridge last year, it only lasted for 4 months due the compressor failure. We got the fridge replaced with the same model by LG (prolonged process and troublesome food loss compensation process), this new replacement fridge worked fine for 9 months until last week, there is abnormal and loud noise running behind the fridge, both the fridge and freezer is getting warmer and warmer. Ice-cream is melting and the meat is getting softer. Contacted LG and awaiting service guys to check the fridge out the second time. I really hope this can be sorted before it break down and doesn't need to live without a fridge like last time.

Two new fridges same model are probably ending up with the same issue. Not a happy customer.

Purchased in May 2019 at David Jones Online Store for $2,000.00.

LG
LG A.LG
Jiy J.

Jiy J.Sydney, NSW

Terrible customer care

Purchased in October 2018 at Harvey Norman for $1,900.00.

French Door Fridges / Refrigerators

Find out how LG French Door GF-B Series compares to other French Door Fridges / Refrigerators

See all LG French Door GF-B Series reviews

Karen

Karenasked

594L French Door GF-B590 Series (Slim Width)

Looking at buying this LG fridge, can I ask how does everyone feel about the fridge now, how does everyone feel about the fridge now, has your opinion change from your original reveiw, thank you in advance.

AnnaJ

AnnaJasked

594L French Door GF-B590 Series (Slim Width)

While this fridge states from LG that it is designed for 85cm width fridge space (which is my fridge space,), the fridge is 83.5cm and I'm concerned it won't be enough room for ventilation either side, as everywhere i read ( including CHOICE) have recommended 5cm clearance either side, could LG representative explain before i purchase please? i don't want the fridge to eventially breakdown from overheating. I have sufficient depth space and unlimited ceiling space as i don't have overhead cupboards. Thank you. AJ

William Lloydasked

594L French Door GF-B590 Series (Slim Width)

I purchased a GF-B590MBL fridge from Harvey Norman, Midland WA. In November 2020. The problem is the plastic overlay on certain parts of the top doors is starting to peel off, my question is, is this a protector for certain areas of the doors and, can this be removed, already the it's starting to unsightly.
Regards,
William Lloyd.

Anil
Anil

Hi William,
I have the same fridge and was having same concern on plastic overlay.
It's alright that plastic overlay is getting peeled off. I removed all plastic overlay by myself to see real beauty, haha.
so nothing to worry here, it's just kind of coating, to protect from accidental scratches.

Anil Jeeyani

Anil,
Sorry I'm late getting back to you, but thanks. You would think that the manufacturer or the sales people would point this out and, let you know it's only a superficial protective cover and can be removed, which I haven't done yet.
Cheers,
William Lloyd.

See all LG French Door GF-B Series questions

Get an answer from our members and LG representatives

LG French Door GF-B Series

Compare all 3 LG French Door GF-B Series
CategoryFrench Door Fridges / RefrigeratorsFrench Door Fridges / RefrigeratorsFrench Door Fridges / Refrigerators
Price (RRP) $2,519.00$2,759.00$3,599.00
Dimensions 1787 x 835 x 734 mm1787 x 835 x 734 mm1787 x 915 x 739 mm
Energy Rating3 star(s)3 star(s)3 star(s)
Household Size 5+ people5+ people5+ people
FeaturesDisplay Panel, Door Alarm, Foldable/Retractable Shelf and Frost FreeDisplay Panel, Door Alarm, Foldable/Retractable Shelf and Frost FreeDoor Alarm, Foldable/Retractable Shelf and Frost Free
Colour / FinishStainlessMatte BlackStainless
Handle Type RecessedRecessedRecessed
Smart Fridge YesYesYes
Shelf MaterialGlassGlassGlass
Number of Shelves335
Number of Fruit & Vegetable Bins222
Weight104 kg104 kg118 kg
Manufacturer Warranty2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)
Capacity