LG French Door GF-V Series (InstaView Door-In-Door)

LG French Door GF-V Series (InstaView Door-In-Door) Questions & Answers

Tony L.

We have not had that

johns
johns

There were several reports of this happening in reviews. The solution was to motivate lg to fix the issue which appears to be of two causes. The first was inadequate assembly where "grommets" were not in place and this was solved by the lg technician {one would hope that this issue has been solved in current production!}. The second issue seemed to relate to actual refrigerator setup and once again the lg technician can advise and solve the problem. So far on the model I have {706} I have yet to experience this problem.

Aboode A.

Aboode A.asked

910L French Door GF-V910MBSL (Matte Black Stainless Steel)

Hi we need the paint touch black mate stainless steel to fix some paint come off

Your customer service office from Philippine said this not under warranty

But I’m miss leading from LG cause when I have that fridge I been told... it’s Black stainless steel No paint spray

Now you service department told me it’s stainless steel But spry paint Matt Black
This not excepted you sell me black stainless steel fridge after 3 years I find it’s spray paint black Matt on stainless steel
This is cheating

Plus you don’t supply the spray paint or touch up small bottle to fix the scratch

I want answer please thank you
Call me on my phone 0433226633

Harry
Harry

I went to a panel beater and got him to match the ice/water tray.No charge will drop off a 6pack. Not an exact match but close from most angles. Looks much better.

Geoffasked

which dimensions are correct for the V910MBL
H1793 W915 D933 advertised by JB Hi Fi
H1802 W912 D924 advertised by The Good Guys
Height is critical for me

Craig R.
Craig R.

Did you get an answer?

Not so far

Rud
Rud

Look up LG web site spec.

Bryanasked

706L French Door GF-V706MBL (Matte Black)

Does the GF-706MBL chill the water to the dispenser?

Joel
Joel

Sadly no. The line through the fridge is effectively chilled for the first pour after a while of sitting, but it is isn't chilled. This is my only issue with the fridge.

Thanks Joel

Chips

Chipsasked

708L French Door GF-V708 Series

Has anyone had any problems with the fridge cooling, our food is rotting and food is just cool not cold. Was set at 3 then 1 but no difference at all. Thank you in advance.

Joe G
Joe G

Same issue. After only 6 months our fridge has a gas leak and has stopped freezing and cooling. LG have been absolutely hopeless getting the matter resolved.

peter
peter

Yes, our is the same

Duncan C.
Duncan C.

We had one of our kids put a fridge into shop display mode (looks like it's on, no cooling). Had to look it up to put back into normal.

Geoby

Geobyasked

910L French Door GF-V910MBSL (Matte Black Stainless Steel)

Could you tell me the depth is it 912mm with the back pipe installation ?

jaymalad2

jaymalad2asked

708L French Door GF-V708 Series

I bought it few days back and happy with all the functions. Two seriously annoyed is cold water is not iced cold and crushed ice is not crushed, it's just broken pieces of ice. I desperately wanted these two functions.
Is any way to adjust water temperature?

mustangdude
mustangdude

I don't believe the water temp is adjustable.
Our GF-708 instaview water isn't as cold as our previous Samsung fridge water. It's due to the fact the water/ice maker is compact making the water cooler pipes shorter and therefore the water doesn't have much volume and room temp water has to mix with fridge cold water almost immediately.
The first glass will obviously be the coldest.
Our previous fridge had a large icemaker and equally large water cooler giving a litre of cold water before it slowly mixed with room temp water.
That's the price you pay for having an "all in door" very compact cooler and icemaker.

My problem is the Instaview door light comes on with slight noises, things like closing a pantry door or placing a plate on the bench. It's become super sensitive after 18 months. The light still functions correctly when tapping the door but it now lights up with certain sounds.

Phil

Philasked

910L French Door GF-V910MBSL (Matte Black Stainless Steel)

Just put mine in today, can anyone confirm is there meant to be an external water filter used aswell as the internal?
The paperwork that was included with the hose seems to indicate one is to be used?

Dee
Dee

No external filter needed.but it does need a pressure restricting valve to be installed.

Anna K.

Anna K.asked

910L French Door GF-V910MBSL (Matte Black Stainless Steel)

How do I set the temperature any one out their with a step by step instructions as the manual book is no real help have done every thing it says and still nothing my poor meat

Braden
Braden

Just use the touch screen on the front, or the app on your phone if you’ve joined the fridge to WiFi

Rita R.

Rita R.asked

708L French Door GF-V708BSL (Black Stainless Steel)

I have this fridge for almost a week already as a replacement of Samsung 725L 3doors. But I dislike the left door where it felt heavy and slam shut. Receiving the link to align the door from the LG chat representative and it still not working. The door slam shut is loud to me. I don’t have the problem with my other fridge. Could anyone please let me know how did you rectify the problem. Very much appreciate for your all input.

williamslanding

williamslandingasked

708L French Door GF-V708 Series

Can the ice making and water dispenser functional with manual refill? I don’t have a plumbing tap/waterline near the place where I’m going to place the fridge. Help!

Laura
Laura

No. Perhaps there's a market for an external tank pump... manufacturers heads up....

Brookieasked

708L French Door GF-V708 Series

Got my new fridge ten days ago. Keeps freezing all my veggies in my left side crisper drawer. Yes I’ve turned the temperature up. ( incase u were wondering it’s driving me mental with wastage. Help???

Brad
Brad

I suggest contacting LG an getting service agent to inspect

They’re giving me a
Replacement as this is a
Known issue with this fridge .

Lou B.
Lou B.

Yes I just received a replacement fridge with the same freezing problem as the original it is more pronounced in the left side crisper. LG have been supportive on this issue, we will see what the follow up on this one is

Louise Victoria

Louise Victoriaasked

708L French Door GF-V708 Series

Anyone else’s matte black fridge have problems with the “paint” coming off. There a few spots on the fridge where it has started coming off. Note; It has not been knocked in those areas so it’s very odd.

Kidshorsesme
Kidshorsesme

Should not come off at all ... call LG Service & get them to come & assess the problem. It sounds like a warranty claim to me for lack of adhesion of the paint system !

Dianaasked

708L French Door GF-V708MBSL (Matte Black Stainless Steel)

Hi I am looking at buying this fridge. Can anyone tell me how wide will the French need to be opened? I have a stone bench on the left side which will require the door to be 90 degrees.

Jane Clancy
Jane Clancy

If you can only open the door to 90 degrees you won't be able to slide out the crisper. The door needs to be fully open for that. From the back of the fridge to the door seal is 610mm so if your benches are only that deep you could have the fridge door part in front of the bench width and you'd be able to open the door fully if you get what I mean. The closed fridge is 912 wide but if it sits forward from the cavity that's all you need to be able to open the doors

Diana

Thanks, I don’t have a fridge cavity but I have a stone bench on the left side and nothing to encumber it on the right side (except a walk in pantry)

Peterasked

708L French Door GF-V708BSL (Black Stainless Steel)

I bought this fridge 2 weeks ago and I am having problems connecting wifi. I tried customer care service and no use. Can anybody help me.

Jennyoz

Customer service have no idea, and don't really care.
Download the SmartThinQ app to an android phone and create an account, then log in and follow the instructions

Thanks Jennyoz

MilanTee

MilanTeeasked

708L French Door GF-V708BSL (Black Stainless Steel)

I've just bought this fridge 10 days ago. I can't get rid of the bad taste in the water and ice. I had tossed out 4 lots of Ice and drained about 10 Litres of Water..... Can you help? Please love the fridge, but can't drink the water

Jennyoz

I have the same problem, have had the fridge now for 3+ months and use the ice / water facility non stop all day, every day. The ice still has that bad taste & smell ( have sorta gotten used to it ) , am wondering if it is the filter.

CraigW
CraigW

I'd definitely give replacing the filter a crack.

Robyn
Robyn

We have the same fridge and don't have a problem with the water and ice. Jennyoz I did spill liquid in the fridge and was trying to clean it up when I realised the glass in the shelf lifts up and makes cleaning very easy. Only problem we have had with the fridge is getting it level so the doors are lined up.

Get an answer from our members and LG representatives

LG French Door GF-V Series (InstaView Door-In-Door)