LG G4

MPN: 1111000405

irisharrr

irisharrrGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

great phone

this is my 2nd g4, ist one fell from pocket while i was on a house roof. i love this phone no problems with it except no android update.
camera very good music player very good, screen beautiful colours, and resolution, memory 3gb, and 32 gb,
no software problems so far, i would recommend this, my ist phone was new, my 2nd one was bought on gumtree melbourne,
2nd hand prices are very reasonable,
i had boot loop previous lg g3 this was fixed with new battery
irisharrr@gmail.com

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Sam

Sam

Can’t fix the issue

I got this LG g4 phone and now it doesn’t go further than the lg logo when turned on. Warranty is expired and not even after market phone repairers can fix it. Lg doesn’t even have their company repairing centre in Melbourne. Therefore i have to send it to Sydney.

Date PurchasedFeb 2016
Mango101

Mango101sydney

Solidphone

The lg g4 has been a good phone however it does have quite few issues. Firstly after about a year and a half of having it i had the dreaded LG boot loop. Luckily it was under warranty. Secondly the battery seems to drain very quickly and tends to get very hot.

Peter

PeterSydney

Solid phone but with issues

Overall a good phone which was fast and has a good camera. However the phone is plagued with boot loop issues which causes the phone to fail. This is a hardware issue and requires the phone to be sent in and fixed. Buy with caution as you may end up with a brick.

Date PurchasedNov 2015

Endless Issues

Battery heats up so bad that I have to restart the phone quite often. Even while you don't use the phone, the battery life is not more than 6 hours.
Than came the shocker, the bootloop. It keeps on booting over and over again. And now it's just stuck on the LG screen. Really Really BAD phone, the worst I have ever used.

Date PurchasedMar 2017

Ezy

EzyWA, 6164

Became a victim of boot loop issue.

I bought this LG G4 from eglobal online store. It worked well for around 10 months & then it became a victim of the famous LG boot loop issue. Luckily it was under warranty. but I had to send the mobile back to the online store who replaced some ic, that fixed the issue but i was without a mobile phone for 1 month, plus I had to bear rhe cost of sending the phone to the online store. Do not recommend this phone.

Date PurchasedFeb 2016

LG G4 Bootloop issue

Billy

BillyAU

Not bad for under $400 phone

Bought it from ebay when 20% off for 370 as a spare from my Samsung Note 3 .
The screen is bit smaller than my note 3 for comfort but starting to get used to it after a while . Still decently big enough for games i play on phone. Battery seems to last longer than my Note 3.
Picture quality is almost as par as my Samsung Note 3 .

Overally , its a good spare unit to have.

Date PurchasedJul 2014
Mark

MarkSydney

Good but not great

Date PurchasedAug 2016
Felix

FelixMelbourne

Flagship phone but at a discount.

Previous phones included Samsung S2, S4, LG Nexus 5. All Android phones but most were flagship phones when purchased brand new.

When purchased, this phone had already been out for 1-2 years. That said, it was very impressive. The camera was much better than anything I had ever used. It captures incredible detail that you can see clearly after zooming. Worth a buy!

Date PurchasedAug 2016

Ellen

EllenMelbourne

It gets hot, issues on touch screen.

I came to love this unit but eventually, as time goes by, problems start to arise.
I suffered from battery heating problems, it would first get hot and then drains shortly even if the bar is at 100% when I started using it. So I replaced the battery and then the touch screen :( it makes me seem not mindful of my spelling and grammar when I type, I need to be careful or a different word will register. It is inconvenient for me because I'm always on the go and typing is not really something I have to spend too much time just to ensure I was sending eligible messages. I'm not looking into changing phones yet, but if this persists It's going to ruin my daily routine.

Date PurchasedNov 2015

Sydney CommuterAU

ok but suffers from 'ghost inputs'

Nice comfortable phone that takes good photos. Just out of warranty and mine suffers from a common fault of this phone..ghost inputs. It will randomly make screen selections although I'm not touching it. I've found it happens in the same locations (where I'm using it) and seems to be when the signal is low. Maybe it's boosting the amplifier and this causes the issue. Anyway, dammed annoying.
Not sure I'd trust another LG product.

Date PurchasedMay 2016
Sydney Commuter

Fixed the ghost inputs by turning off 4g. Go into settings/more/mobile networks/network mode and select 2nd option from top i.e. without LTE

Afrooz

AfroozMelbourne

Boot loop problem for LG G4 and take no responsibility!!!!

Date PurchasedJul 2015

Revealing

RevealingADELAIDE

Nice but comes with internal defect

I bought the LG4 H818n around 2 years ago. In many ways i like the mobile phone, especially the impressive camera. Then the crunch came. The LG4 developed a bootloop, meaning that it will boot but not stay on or not boot up at all. Eventually i read about this problem experienced by many users. Eventually LG admitted that this model phone is defective suffering internal hardware connection issues causing this boot loop problem.
I ended up purchasing another phone as mine was a grey product and no warranty. I did not want to go back to LG especially after having spend $645.00!
So i opted for an alternative Samsung 7 prime for less money than i bought the defective LG4 and i even prefer it over the LG4. So buyer be aware.

Date PurchasedFeb 2015
Chris

ChrisBrisbane

Meh

If you can get it cheap, it's ok. Phone specs are decent but LG software is pretty poor though. My samsung s4 was much better. Has some really annoying problems, like if you tilt the phone a little when reading texts it will scroll all the way to the top of the messages but tilting it back leaves it at the top so you have to scroll down HEAPS to get back to the latest message. There are lots of little things like that.

Date PurchasedOct 2015
James L

James L

Good phone. Beautiful screen

I purchased this phone because it had the highest specs for the price range it's in. Have used this for 9 months now and I can say I'm very happy with it. Haven't had any problems so far. It has a better camera than any phone I've used. The screen is vivid and beautiful to look at. The removable battery and memory card gives extra flexibility and is something you generally don't find on other phones. Would have given this 5 stars if not for the fact that there's been widespread reports of a catastrophic failure known as "the bootloop". It hasn't happened to me but the fact that it seems to be such a common flaw makes me worry for the future of my phone.

Date PurchasedOct 2016

joe

joesouth australia, 5042

great phone with an amazing camera

amazing phone to use. i find the photos are much better than apple and captures light beautifully. the downfall to this phone was that at the time of purchase in 2015, the model had motherboard issues and thousands of phones were recalled. unfortunately mine was affected. got my phone fixed from the manufacturer in a a few weeks. till today no issues and performs very quickly.

overall very happy with this phone. still takes better shots than todays new phones.

Date PurchasedAug 2015

Lachlan J

Lachlan JSydney

Good functions, limited battery life

This phone is good and happens to have a good camera with good functions such as NFC. The battery life is poor though and keeps on cutting out even when there is charge. Good quality sound and I have not had a problem with the phone apart from the battery

Date PurchasedApr 2017

Josh

JoshNewcastle

Better than expected

I've not had the crashing problem that others have had. The camera is amazing and overall it is a fairly usable phone. The design is slick and the back lock button is great. The only problem is that sometimes it freezes, especially while using the messaging app. Usually locking the phone and leaving it a second will do the trick, but sometimes I've had to waste time waiting for it to un-freeze. Overall, not too bad of a phone.

Date PurchasedApr 2016

Lucky

LuckyBalwyn

Dead after 13 months

Phone worked well for 13 months then wouldn't turn on. Told by repairer not able to be repaired. Bought on Kogan so LG Australia don't won't to know about it. Never buy another LG product. This phone has been well looked after and never dropped or we. Expect it to last longer than this.