LG G4

LG G4

MPN: 1111000405
See the Best Mobile Phones in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by LG

irisharrr
irisharrrGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

great phone

this is my 2nd g4, ist one fell from pocket while i was on a house roof. i love this phone no problems with it except no android update.
camera very good music player very good, screen beautiful colours, and resolution, memory 3gb, and 32 gb,
no software problems so far, i would recommend this, my ist phone was new, my 2nd one was bought on gumtree melbourne,
2nd hand prices are very reasonable,
i had boot loop previous lg g3 this was fixed with new battery
irisharrr@gmail.com

Sam
SamGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Can’t fix the issue

I got this LG g4 phone and now it doesn’t go further than the lg logo when turned on. Warranty is expired and not even after market phone repairers can fix it. Lg doesn’t even have their company repairing centre in Melbourne. Therefore i have to send it to Sydney.

Mango101
Mango101sydney

Solidphone

The lg g4 has been a good phone however it does have quite few issues. Firstly after about a year and a half of having it i had the dreaded LG boot loop. Luckily it was under warranty. Secondly the battery seems to drain very quickly and tends to get very hot.

Peter
PeterSydney

Solid phone but with issues

Overall a good phone which was fast and has a good camera. However the phone is plagued with boot loop issues which causes the phone to fail. This is a hardware issue and requires the phone to be sent in and fixed. Buy with caution as you may end up with a brick.

Endless Issues

Battery heats up so bad that I have to restart the phone quite often. Even while you don't use the phone, the battery life is not more than 6 hours.
Than came the shocker, the bootloop. It keeps on booting over and over again. And now it's just stuck on the LG screen. Really Really BAD phone, the worst I have ever used.

Ezy
EzyWA, 6164

Became a victim of boot loop issue.

I bought this LG G4 from eglobal online store. It worked well for around 10 months & then it became a victim of the famous LG boot loop issue. Luckily it was under warranty. but I had to send the mobile back to the online store who replaced some ic, that fixed the issue but i was without a mobile phone for 1 month, plus I had to bear rhe cost of sending the phone to the online store. Do not recommend this phone.

LG G4 Bootloop issue

Date Purchased

Smart shopping tips to help you make the most of Black Friday sales

smart-shopping-tips-to-help-you-make-the-most-of-black-friday-sales
Christmas Gift Ideas for Mum

Avleen M.
Avleen M.
christmas-gift-ideas-for-mum

Billy
BillyAU

Not bad for under $400 phone

Bought it from ebay when 20% off for 370 as a spare from my Samsung Note 3 .
The screen is bit smaller than my note 3 for comfort but starting to get used to it after a while . Still decently big enough for games i play on phone. Battery seems to last longer than my Note 3.
Picture quality is almost as par as my Samsung Note 3 .

Overally , its a good spare unit to have.

Mark
MarkSydney

Good but not great

Felix
FelixMelbourne

Flagship phone but at a discount.

Previous phones included Samsung S2, S4, LG Nexus 5. All Android phones but most were flagship phones when purchased brand new.

When purchased, this phone had already been out for 1-2 years. That said, it was very impressive. The camera was much better than anything I had ever used. It captures incredible detail that you can see clearly after zooming. Worth a buy!

Ellen
EllenMelbourne

It gets hot, issues on touch screen.

I came to love this unit but eventually, as time goes by, problems start to arise.
I suffered from battery heating problems, it would first get hot and then drains shortly even if the bar is at 100% when I started using it. So I replaced the battery and then the touch screen :( it makes me seem not mindful of my spelling and grammar when I type, I need to be careful or a different word will register. It is inconvenient for me because I'm always on the go and typing is not really something I have to spend too much time just to ensure I was sending eligible messages. I'm not looking into changing phones yet, but if this persists It's going to ruin my daily routine.

Sydney CommuterAU

ok but suffers from 'ghost inputs'

Nice comfortable phone that takes good photos. Just out of warranty and mine suffers from a common fault of this phone..ghost inputs. It will randomly make screen selections although I'm not touching it. I've found it happens in the same locations (where I'm using it) and seems to be when the signal is low. Maybe it's boosting the amplifier and this causes the issue. Anyway, dammed annoying.
Not sure I'd trust another LG product.

Sydney Commuter

Fixed the ghost inputs by turning off 4g. Go into settings/more/mobile networks/network mode and select 2nd option from top i.e. without LTE

Afrooz
AfroozMelbourne

Boot loop problem for LG G4 and take no responsibility!!!!

Revealing
RevealingADELAIDE

Nice but comes with internal defect

I bought the LG4 H818n around 2 years ago. In many ways i like the mobile phone, especially the impressive camera. Then the crunch came. The LG4 developed a bootloop, meaning that it will boot but not stay on or not boot up at all. Eventually i read about this problem experienced by many users. Eventually LG admitted that this model phone is defective suffering internal hardware connection issues causing this boot loop problem.
I ended up purchasing another phone as mine was a grey product and no warranty. I did not want to go back to LG especially after having spend $645.00!
So i opted for an alternative Samsung 7 prime for less money than i bought the defective LG4 and i even prefer it over the LG4. So buyer be aware.

Chris
ChrisBrisbane

Meh

If you can get it cheap, it's ok. Phone specs are decent but LG software is pretty poor though. My samsung s4 was much better. Has some really annoying problems, like if you tilt the phone a little when reading texts it will scroll all the way to the top of the messages but tilting it back leaves it at the top so you have to scroll down HEAPS to get back to the latest message. There are lots of little things like that.