LG G5

LG G5

MPNs: KHLGG532DPNK, KHLGG532GLD, KHLGG5D32GLD and 2 more

Chris A

Chris AGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Packed full of features but quality terrible.

Date PurchasedJun 2018

Rank

RankSydney, NSW

Only Good Until Warranty Expired

This review is about LG Nexus 5 phone. The phone itself was good and I had no complaints about it. Even the reviews were good before I bought it from Kogan. But a few months after the end of the warranty period, the phone got stuck on the Google page and whatever you did it would not go beyond it. As it was beyond the warranty, the seller didn't want to know about it. When I called LG Australia (many times) they refused saying it was an overseas model as it was bought from Kogan so they will charge me if I need it repaired and also they will not guarantee the repair. I noticed on the Forum, many people had the same problem with this model but there was no help given that really worked. So beware before buying an LG phone.

Date PurchasedJan 2017
Mikey666

Mikey666Adelaide

Great easy to use

Good screen great speakers high resolution video capture 4k and easy to use menus and typing. Android is which is pretty quick responsive. Impressive battery life on standby comes with USBC charger which is not as common as regular micro USB but seems to charge quicker than older phones. Very good

Date PurchasedMay 2018
Cyrup

CyrupMelbourne

Powerful phone with a few flaws

I upgraded from an iPhone 4 to this. It was a great difference in power. The LG is fast and has a modular system which supports changeable batteries and dual sim cards. This feature is nice but only used two sim cards when going overseas and exchanged my dying battery for a new one, you could use extra sim card for a cheaper sim with lots of data and one for your credit. I also used it to expand storage with additional ad card. Unfortunately the camera on the back always appears over exposed. The wide angle lens is very cool!

Date PurchasedJul 2016

Seyed

Seyed

prefer other brands after LG G5

LG G5 at first glance seems amazing. everything was exactly look alike what i want. but in a hot day when i was playing it turned off all of a sudden and after a couple of time repeating this maneuver it bricked and due to expiration of warranty i couldn't claim a new phone and i sold the phone in the eBay for its part.

Date PurchasedMar 2016

Seb M

Seb MMelbourne

Killer camera but can get laggy

The best camera on the market for the price? Probably - you'll have a hard time finding a better one at this price point. I feel it gets a bit slow however, especially as it clogs up. Then it gets buggy, laggy and slow. You have to really keep a close eye on that if you want to keep the original speed.

Date PurchasedJan 2016

Siong

SiongSydney

Amazing wide lens camera

I really love the dual camera with wide lens camera. It is so amazing for taking lanscape photo. No other smartphone camera can do this. The angle is so wide, so many objects can be captured. The modular battery is so easy to extend the smartphone life. Separate charging the battery, then just snap to module. Phone ready to go with full power again. Realy love this phone.

Date PurchasedMar 2017

Lazy guy

Lazy guyGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Good Mobile phone

If you are bored with Samsung, try LG mobile phones, so far so good and the specs still beat Nokia 6 - 2017.
Everything is good, very fast charging, no dragging.
Problem is the camera, If you want good photo then you will need to manually adjust the quality. This can be annoying for some user, but for me this is an advantage.

Date PurchasedJul 2016
Dave F

Dave FSydney

Badly designed phone

The phone can be taken apart to remove battery and click on other devices. But it let's in moisture where the large opening is. Phone heats up. Battery is crappy. Never lasts a while day.
Only way It's half working as I have it in a large protective case. That seems to help keep moisture out, and keep the phone in one piece.
LG didn't honour the warranty either.
I'm never buying LG again

Date PurchasedMay 2017
Athrun Zala

Athrun ZalaSydney

Versatile

Bought one around April this year and absolutely love it. I like the layout and controls. The battery can be changed when it runs out which essentially means 2x battery life and comes in very handy. This feature is very very rare at the moment. The screen is very pretty, the phone can handle everything I want - games, music, videos, etc... Very happy with it.

Date PurchasedApr 2017

Okenna

Okenna

Worked Well For 3 Weeks

Refurbished phone worked well for 3 weeks and kept playing up. I guess it depends...you may be lucky, you also may not, when it comes to refurbished phones. I am still using it anyways, the issue is called ghost typing. The phone suddenly begins to type on its own. Can't help it, same issue with my previous LG G4, I just live with it.

Date PurchasedSep 2017

honestly

honestlyBrisbane

I LOVE THIS PHONE BUT BUY AN AUSTRALIAN MODEL

This phone is great. The settings are easy to find. Battery consumption is low. LG have great apps that support everything from health and wellbeing to appliance operation. I purchased on line from a large Australian e-retailer. The wifi has failed under warranty, however to return to china is too dear for me to bear, so I am keeping it as a spare phone. Having said that, and despite LG AUSTRALIA not being able to honor the foreign purchase, I will buy LG mobile again. It is GREAT.
BUY mobile phones FROM A LARGE AUSTRALIA ONLY RETAILER. THE lg g5 PHONE IS GREAT BUT THE WARRANTY WAS MISREPRESENTED.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

Chris

ChrisMelbourne

Issues after another with LG G5

I think I am just unlucky as had two issues with that phone:

- Cable melted after I was charging it (Similar to that post https://forums.androidcentral.com/lg-g5/676059-usb-c-cable-melt-down.html)
- GPS does not work, I used GPS STATUS app to check, and it cannot get any GPS signal

I am contacting the seller to get a repair as it is still under warranty.

Date PurchasedSep 2016

Jason

JasonBrisbane

Good phone poor customer service

Phone has been a good one. Battery charges quickly, however very annoying when it says it has 12% charge left and then completely dies. Had returned the phone for a scratch on the camera itself (behind the cover) and had asked for the battery to be looked at as well, as at that stage it was only 4 months old. It was returned both unfixed with a fee to look at it.

Date PurchasedJun 2016
Julian

JulianWestern Australia

Build quality wise, it's just Ok!

Date PurchasedJul 2017
Ann

AnnCanberra 2600, ACT

Great phone - no complaints!

Love the phone. The camera is amazing, pictures are clear and high quality. And easy to sync with the computer.
The screen is big and very clear. The colour is very radiant.
The phone sits nicely in your hands, with very intuitive buttons. Very sleek.
Have had it for almost a year and battery life is still great.

Date PurchasedAug 2016

Clint E.

Clint E.NSW, 2077

The great mobile of 2016.

This mobile is excellent. Its 2017 but you can get this mobile for around $350 and it's perfect. It does not lag has great camera and is excellent mobile phone. You can change your battery and it supports fast charging as well. It looks premium and feels great in hand. Definitely recommended still in 2017.

Date PurchasedApr 2017

JJJ

JJJAdelaide

Love this phone!

This phone is amazing, competitive and innovative. The look of the phone is very sleek, unlike the bulky brick like predecessor G4. Fits in the hand comfortably. If you have small hands, it just fits ok, if the pigment was any bigger you may struggle to Swype with one hand.

Screen quality is amazing, as is the camera quality and speed. Games play smoothly. Dual camera is handy too. Can easily swap batteries too.

Date PurchasedAug 2016

Jessyka

Jessyka

Lg G5 review

The LG G5 mobile phone is an excellent modular smartphone. It has fast charging which is great because I drain my phone's battery really fast during the day. The camera is great with fast auto focus. I bought the add on camera module which is good to use. I had a G4 before this and it is a much improved phone.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

Beelzebubbles

BeelzebubblesAU

Very good concept, mediocre execution.

I have to say, this is still the best phone I've ever owned and is far superior to anything from Samsung. I LOVE the removable battery, and I bought the CamPlus module which, apart from being an odd shape, I also love.

While the phone is fast, responsive, and has that beautiful LG screen, the finish of the join where the modules attach isn't the greatest. The fact that it's Korean-made shows in the heft as soon as you hold it, and the odd curve of the glass at the top of the screen is surprisingly comfortable.

It's a great piece of technology, an interesting concept, a wonderful phone overall BUT, it just feels as though LG rushed it to market.

Still, the sound output is superb, and mine's kept me happy.

Date PurchasedMay 2016