Good fridge

Great fridge. No issues. Lots of freezer space and the option for freezer express which I love. Doors can be switched to each side. Shelves remove easily for cleaning. Nice design

Purchased in June 2018 at The Good Guys for $785.00.

Perfect fridge for 2

Perfect size for my tiny apartment and it provides just enough food storage for 2. It has 4.5 energy rating so it is highly energy efficient with just 299 kwh per year. I like its metallic platinum look that fits the theme in my kitchen

Purchased in February 2019 at Bing Lee Physical store for $1,200.00.

Household Size 2 person(s)

OK, doesn't filter out smells

Fridge is OK, if a bit small in the fridge section, but the thing that really irks me is that it doesn't filter out smells like my previous cheap and really old fridge did.
So put some spagbol w/ garlic covered in it, and the next day the whole fridge smells of it. Why doesn't it have a deoderizer like my 10yo Samsung does?
Doesn't even have to be anything particularly smelly, the fridge seems to amplify all smells.

Purchased in April 2019 at The Good Guys for $1,049.00.

Best Fridge Ever

Thanks to the awesome service from Pakenham JB HiFI, this marvellous fridge was delivered to me the day I moved into my new home. Having never owned a new fridge in my life, I spent a lot of time researching my needs and when it came to choosing, this is the fridge I picked. I LOVE IT! Roomy, energy efficient, great looks...LOVE the LED internal lighting and the ice maker. Love the freezer on the bottom, it's so much more practical to this old woman. And JB gave me a simply great deal. Excellent customer service above and beyond, delivery was perfect, drivers friendly and helpful. The fridge is fabulous. And sooooooo quiet!

Purchased in February 2019 at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores.

Noise Level

Great fridge that looks fantastic too

The graphite version of this fridge is awesome. It doesnt really show up any marks or scratches and with kids this is awesome. Keeps things cool and the light in the fridge is very bright. Maybe a light in the freezer would be helpful.

Purchased in January 2019 for $832.00.

Internal Layout
Household Size 3 person(s)

Great fridge well deisgned

Maintains consistent & reliable temperature in all departments
Like all platinum fridges shows finger marks
Door please to open and shut
The interior of the fridge feels vast compared with similar sized fridges
LED lighting system very good

Purchased in November 2018 at Appliances Direct Online for $1,123.00.

Household Size 2 person(s)

Great buy for modern apartment

As we moved into a new apartment, there is not very wide place to put double door fridge so this beast become one of the best candidates. Why? Big inside!!! By comparing to other brands in the market at this size this is the biggest inside. The price also in the middle. Sometimes it may make some noticable noise but best side I would say it is perfert for apartment use.

Purchased in December 2018 at Harvey Norman for $1,231.00.

Household Size 4 person(s)

Good fridge/freezer and good value

We bought this fridge to replace an old top mounted fridge. We were finding it hard to get at the bottom of the fridge so we went for a bottom mount. We opted for the LG because we liked the interior layout and the clean, straight facade.
A wise choice to go for the bottom mount because it has made getting things out of the fridge much easier.
The draws run smoothly and the draw at the bottom of the fridge keeps the vegies moist but not soggy.
It does what it designed to do very well and it does it quietly. Although it is early days yet, we are happy with our purchase.

Purchased in February 2019 at Appliances Online.

Household Size 2 person(s)

Good fridge. Efficient, quiet.

Old fridge turned noisy and was running a lot. After a largish energy bill it was time.

On the high recommdation here and the space limitation of couldn't be taller than 175cm we settled on a black version.

I ran a plug in energy meter for a week and it had used about 6kw.

So it really does only use what is written on the label. Amazing!

There is one important got-cha to be aware of which our sales guy pointed out cause I tend to ask a lot if questions.

LG advertise this fridge as it can be hinged left or right. In reality it is right hand hinged which was what we needed so all good for us.

The gotcha is however that to change hinging to left you have to pay a couple of hundred bucks to have an LG technician perform the swap or if you do it yourself you void your 2 year warranty (seems excessive to me)

I would knock off half a star for that little detail given how large the font was on the banner advertising left or right hinged when really it is right hinged with optional extra left.

Overall, so far so good... Quiet, energy efficient, works well.

Purchased in February 2019 at JB Hi-Fi for $940.00.

Top brand and reliable

Lg fridges are reliable and well designed. They suit Australian standards and condition. Easily cleaned and maintained. The finished product is first class
Maintains temperature set and recycles efficiently. Very happy with the product.

Purchased in June 2011 for $1,400.00.

Internal Layout
Household Size 5 person(s)

Spacious and energy saving

Bought this for my new house and it fits for purpose perfectly. There was no strange smell when I opened it, easy to clean and the ice maker box looks great. Not much noise as well.

Purchased in February 2019.

broken down after only purchasing 12 months ago

Fridge broken down in Summer after purchasing 1 year ago, 3 weeks after contacting LG we are still waiting for it to be fixed. We lost over $400 worth of food due to the heat and broken fridge and are now living out of a mini bar fridge. No word on when the parts will arrive and the fridge fixed.
Will not purchase nor recommend an LG brand appliance again after this.

Purchased in February 2018 at Appliances Online.

Noisy, compressor runs 60-80% of the time

This fridge works well, however the compressor runs frequently and for long periods (often 40-60 minutes straight and never goes off for more than 15-20 minutes at a time). It has a high frequency hum that can be heard from almost every part of our home. I do not recommended this fridge, particularly if you are sensitive to noise or if you have an open plan living room.

Purchased in September 2018.

Noise Level

Mystery dents all over doors

We bought our fridge about two years ago and noticed a few dents on the doors last year. The dents are now all over the doors and freezer - from what I’ve read it’s an insulation material issue ?

Purchased in January 2017 for $1,300.00.

Almost perfect

Great fridge with only a few minor complaints.

1. The freezer door sticks out more than the fridge door and look a bit odd.

2. The doors don't sit level.

3. Can make a higher pitched noise at times but it isn't very loud and doesn't last for very long.

Purchased in November 2018 at The Good Guys.

Great product!

I am extremely happy with our new fridge! It is easily able to be adjusted and has easy to use settings for the thermostat. I find it fantastic to use and love the fact that the fridge is on top. It also has a built in ice tray.

Purchased in December 2018 at Harvey Norman for $1,049.00.

Internal Layout
Household Size 3 person(s)

It’s so loud!

We have had this fridge for 8 months and it’s loud intermittent buzzing noises can be heard through our whole townhouse. We were used to popping and cracking noises that our old Fisher and Paykel bottom mount used to make but this is next level.

Just two days ago we finally broke and got a technician in from LG to see if something was wrong with the machine. We had tried earlier but our email was ingnored. The technician couldn’t find anything so we are stuck with it for as long as we can bare. Although Choice magazine rates LG fridges highly I certainly couldn’t recommend this one.

Purchased in July 2018.

Internal Layout

Good product till it stops working

I bought this fridge less than 12 months ago and it served us well till a week back. The fridge and freezer stopped cooling. I spoke to LG Customer Service and they arranged for service visit 2 days later. In 15 mins, technician confirmed that compressor isn't working. Since then I have been coordinating with LG Customer Service to replace the fridge. It is less than 12 months old and very much under manufacturers warranty. Instead of keeping us informed on the progress, I had to keep following up with them almost every day to know whats happening. After numerous calls, they finally said that they will replace the compressor but not the fridge as it is repairable. Repair is scheduled for 5 days later. What I fail to understand is, if the spare part is with them and the issue is serious, then why should they take 5 days on top of 7 days (since I lodged the issue) to replace? Without a fridge at home, it is difficult to manage and have to keep feeding my kids from outside. but they just wouldn't understand and really don't care.
On the other hand, Harvey Norman has been helpful by saying that if there is a reference letter from LG to replace the product, they can deliver the next day itself. But LG wouldn't provide such a letter because their care-factor for customer's experience is ZERO!!!
I've lost confidence in LG and their appalling Customer Service. This will really be my 1st and last product from LG. I would advise others not to waste their money either.

Purchased in February 2018 at Harvey Norman for $1,300.00.

Best fridge

This is a brilliant energy efficient fridge. It maintains consistent temperature at all times and throughout the whole fridge. The design is fantastic and the led side lights make it easy to find things. The retractractable shelf makes it easy to store taller items as well. Also with this summer heat trying to bring ice cream home the quick freeze button is fantastic to freeze things within minutes

Date PurchasedDec 2018

Completely broken within 2 years of purchasing brand new!!

I purchased this fridge at the beginning of 2017 (less than 2 years ago) and have had problems within months. Now the fridge has completely stopped working.
I have been in contact with LG customer service and have finally had someone out to assess the fridge and conclude that it was faulty.
It's been 1 week and I have struggled to get any communication from my LG case manager, still don't have a replacement fridge or don't know if we'll get one and had to throw out over $300 in perishables.
A very very slow and painful process to resolve issues with my LG fridge considering it is a necessity, not a luxury item - absolutely no urgency from LG to resolve the issue.
Whilst the fridge did work:
The freezer was inconsistent and some sections didn't fully freeze some items.
The refrigerator section worked great

Date PurchasedJan 2017