Great except the water dispenser

Undoubtedly a great purchase, massive space inside. Freezer works superb and great outlook overall. Only drawback is the water dispenser though it gets cool very fast but not efficient as water leaks from the surrounding area while using the dispenser

Purchased in October 2018.

Noise Level

Good fridge/freezer and good value

We bought this fridge to replace an old top mounted fridge. We were finding it hard to get at the bottom of the fridge so we went for a bottom mount. We opted for the LG because we liked the interior layout and the clean, straight facade.
A wise choice to go for the bottom mount because it has made getting things out of the fridge much easier.
The draws run smoothly and the draw at the bottom of the fridge keeps the vegies moist but not soggy.
It does what it designed to do very well and it does it quietly. Although it is early days yet, we are happy with our purchase.

Purchased in February 2019 at Appliances Online.

Household Size 2 person(s)

Good fridge. Efficient, quiet.

Old fridge turned noisy and was running a lot. After a largish energy bill it was time.

On the high recommdation here and the space limitation of couldn't be taller than 175cm we settled on a black version.

I ran a plug in energy meter for a week and it had used about 6kw.

So it really does only use what is written on the label. Amazing!

There is one important got-cha to be aware of which our sales guy pointed out cause I tend to ask a lot if questions.

LG advertise this fridge as it can be hinged left or right. In reality it is right hand hinged which was what we needed so all good for us.

The gotcha is however that to change hinging to left you have to pay a couple of hundred bucks to have an LG technician perform the swap or if you do it yourself you void your 2 year warranty (seems excessive to me)

I would knock off half a star for that little detail given how large the font was on the banner advertising left or right hinged when really it is right hinged with optional extra left.

Overall, so far so good... Quiet, energy efficient, works well.

Purchased in February 2019 at JB Hi-Fi for $940.00.

Top brand and reliable

Lg fridges are reliable and well designed. They suit Australian standards and condition. Easily cleaned and maintained. The finished product is first class
Maintains temperature set and recycles efficiently. Very happy with the product.

Purchased in June 2011 for $1,400.00.

Internal Layout
Household Size 5 person(s)

Spacious and energy saving

Bought this for my new house and it fits for purpose perfectly. There was no strange smell when I opened it, easy to clean and the ice maker box looks great. Not much noise as well.

Purchased in February 2019.

broken down after only purchasing 12 months ago

Fridge broken down in Summer after purchasing 1 year ago, 3 weeks after contacting LG we are still waiting for it to be fixed. We lost over $400 worth of food due to the heat and broken fridge and are now living out of a mini bar fridge. No word on when the parts will arrive and the fridge fixed.
Will not purchase nor recommend an LG brand appliance again after this.

Purchased in February 2018 at Appliances Online.

Internal Layout
Household Size 4 person(s)

Noisy, compressor runs 60-80% of the time

This fridge works well, however the compressor runs frequently and for long periods (often 40-60 minutes straight and never goes off for more than 15-20 minutes at a time). It has a high frequency hum that can be heard from almost every part of our home. I do not recommended this fridge, particularly if you are sensitive to noise or if you have an open plan living room.

Purchased in September 2018.

Noise Level

Mystery dents all over doors

We bought our fridge about two years ago and noticed a few dents on the doors last year. The dents are now all over the doors and freezer - from what I’ve read it’s an insulation material issue ?

Purchased in January 2017 for $1,300.00.

Almost perfect

Great fridge with only a few minor complaints.

1. The freezer door sticks out more than the fridge door and look a bit odd.

2. The doors don't sit level.

3. Can make a higher pitched noise at times but it isn't very loud and doesn't last for very long.

Purchased in November 2018 at The Good Guys.

Great product!

I am extremely happy with our new fridge! It is easily able to be adjusted and has easy to use settings for the thermostat. I find it fantastic to use and love the fact that the fridge is on top. It also has a built in ice tray.

Purchased in December 2018 at Harvey Norman for $1,049.00.

Internal Layout
Household Size 3 person(s)

It’s so loud!

We have had this fridge for 8 months and it’s loud intermittent buzzing noises can be heard through our whole townhouse. We were used to popping and cracking noises that our old Fisher and Paykel bottom mount used to make but this is next level.

Just two days ago we finally broke and got a technician in from LG to see if something was wrong with the machine. We had tried earlier but our email was ingnored. The technician couldn’t find anything so we are stuck with it for as long as we can bare. Although Choice magazine rates LG fridges highly I certainly couldn’t recommend this one.

Purchased in July 2018.

Internal Layout

Good product till it stops working

I bought this fridge less than 12 months ago and it served us well till a week back. The fridge and freezer stopped cooling. I spoke to LG Customer Service and they arranged for service visit 2 days later. In 15 mins, technician confirmed that compressor isn't working. Since then I have been coordinating with LG Customer Service to replace the fridge. It is less than 12 months old and very much under manufacturers warranty. Instead of keeping us informed on the progress, I had to keep following up with them almost every day to know whats happening. After numerous calls, they finally said that they will replace the compressor but not the fridge as it is repairable. Repair is scheduled for 5 days later. What I fail to understand is, if the spare part is with them and the issue is serious, then why should they take 5 days on top of 7 days (since I lodged the issue) to replace? Without a fridge at home, it is difficult to manage and have to keep feeding my kids from outside. but they just wouldn't understand and really don't care.
On the other hand, Harvey Norman has been helpful by saying that if there is a reference letter from LG to replace the product, they can deliver the next day itself. But LG wouldn't provide such a letter because their care-factor for customer's experience is ZERO!!!
I've lost confidence in LG and their appalling Customer Service. This will really be my 1st and last product from LG. I would advise others not to waste their money either.

Purchased in February 2018 at Harvey Norman for $1,300.00.

Best fridge

This is a brilliant energy efficient fridge. It maintains consistent temperature at all times and throughout the whole fridge. The design is fantastic and the led side lights make it easy to find things. The retractractable shelf makes it easy to store taller items as well. Also with this summer heat trying to bring ice cream home the quick freeze button is fantastic to freeze things within minutes

Date PurchasedDec 2018

Completely broken within 2 years of purchasing brand new!!

I purchased this fridge at the beginning of 2017 (less than 2 years ago) and have had problems within months. Now the fridge has completely stopped working.
I have been in contact with LG customer service and have finally had someone out to assess the fridge and conclude that it was faulty.
It's been 1 week and I have struggled to get any communication from my LG case manager, still don't have a replacement fridge or don't know if we'll get one and had to throw out over $300 in perishables.
A very very slow and painful process to resolve issues with my LG fridge considering it is a necessity, not a luxury item - absolutely no urgency from LG to resolve the issue.
Whilst the fridge did work:
The freezer was inconsistent and some sections didn't fully freeze some items.
The refrigerator section worked great

Date PurchasedJan 2017

Love it

Recently got it. Absolutely love it. Looks great. Started cooling after 1 hour of being plugged in. Very quiet. Don't understand the fuss about water dispenser, it can be very easily pulled out, filled and placed back in. Pull out drawer is also very convenient. To top all that, it has a great energy rating. Great value for money. Highly recommend it.

GB-W450UPLX

Date PurchasedJan 2019

Great fridge!

Amazing size, a bit noisy the first few hours but (thank god) it was only until it's up to speed. Plenty of space inside, great design, reversible door. And got it under $700 with Harvey Norman boxing day sale! This model (dark graphite) somehow is much cheaper than the other Matte black, etc options, but exact same fridge and great color!

woowza

Bought this for a friends moving present and wow did it meet every need of a kitchen, its so trendy and also so roomy. will purchase one for myself shortly. ice machine works so well and the freezer has so much space. looks great too and its so big which is great for families

Date PurchasedAug 2017

Terrible

We purchased this as the retailer told us it was whisper quiet. Far from that the noise is so bad we can hear it in our bedroom! Had a consultant out 4 times had voice files to let them hear the noise and each time they have said it is acceptable. We emptied the fridge freezer and noise still there. When you touch the unit the noise stops when you hold the door the noise stops - it is on level ground. The funniest thing the last consultant told us that in the old days you had an ironing board up against it which shut it up unbelievable. The warranty for 10 years is worth nothing. When we have got the money it is going over the rubbish tip and then we will go back to Fisher and Paykel which we should have done in the first place.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018
By all of the other reviews it would appear that we do have a lemon but will LG come to the party and change it because it is clearly faulty we will wait and see!Now 30 January not even an acknowledgement what does that sayI am pleased to say that our issue has now been resolved satisfactorily by LG with Harvey Norman helping out.

Beware if you want left hand fridge

Fridge sold as reversible opening direction
Fridge doesn’t come with instructions to reverse the doors sold as reversible you can do it yourself but no info in manual or videos online
LG states you need to pay their tech to do it
will ring LG customer support to see if they can help
Unlikely ????

Date PurchasedDec 2018
Hi Tony, Thank you for contacting LG Customer Support. We appreciate you raising the concern thru us. The door being reversible is an additional 'option' or 'feature' of the fridge. It should work with its door's current orientation, thus, if you wish to have it reversed (to suit your kitchens' design) it would be your responsibility. But as much as possible, if you really intend to, we recommend that this be done by an LG Authorized Service Technicians to ensure that the doors will be reversed accordingly. Consumer Law states that the item should be fit for purpose, and IT IS. The fridge's feature where the door can be reversed is an 'optional' feature, and the fridge's core function cannot and will not be affected whether you choose to reverse it or not. As stated in the fridge's Owner's Manual, when you want to reverse the doors, you must call a service agent, and the door reversal is NOT covered under the manufacturer's warranty. I hope this has been of some assistance, Thank you and have a great day! Yours Sincerely, Allen B. Customer Care Representative LG Electronics Australia Pty LTD Please consider the environment before printing this email. This email may contain confidential or copyrighted information. Unless you are the intended recipient you must not disclose, copy or use it; please notify the sender immediately by return email and then delete both messages. If your inquiry relates to a fault with a LG product, it may be covered by an LG manufacturer's warranty or a consumer guarantee under the Australian Consumer Law (ACL) or the New Zealand Consumer Guarantees Act (CGA), as applicable. The rights under the consumer guarantees are in addition to or may be greater than the LG manufacturer’s warranty and cannot be excluded. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Received Date : 31-12-2018 15:50 25 The type of inquiry : Owner's Manuals Product/Model No. : Top/Bottom Mount/GB-450UPLE Bought this fridge from Harvey Norman as I needed a left opening door they said I could do it myself and if came with the bracket to do it However no instructions in the mmanual Rang LG said I have to get their technician to do it at my cost What a scam Really where can I get instructions to do it myself I paid $900 to get a fridge I can’t open This is not acceptable it’s actually mis repesentation or fraud advertising it as reversible doors and holding a person at ransom to get extra money to resolve the issue Please send me instructions on how to reverse the doors as this is why I bought the fridge I look forward to your reply with the instructions Thankyou

Lovely looking fridge, downsized but still has lots of space for everything

I love how the freezer is now at the bottom, it is easy to put things into compartments, and there is no ice to scratch off - winning. The shelves are adjustable but I had to remove one because I couldn't fit the bottles in. Suits a family of 3 quite well.

Date PurchasedApr 2018