30 questions from our users

Ian S.

Ian S.asked

GB-450

What is required to change the Fridge/Freezer doors to left-hand hinge or pivot opening. Is a kit required or can they be just easily changed over?

Brian B.
Brian B.

Found a generic LG PDF which has instructions Page 28-29 which might help.

Kevin

Kevinasked

GB-W450UPLX (Stainless, Water Dispenser)

What is the flow like out of the water dispenser?

kylie l.

kylie l.asked

GB-450UPLX (Stainless Steel)

Why would the fridge heat up around the seals to the point you cant hold your hand on it too long?

James
James

The outer of the fridge acts as heat dissipation much like a radiator in the car it helps to cool the engine down. Although the amount required would be huge for it to not able to be touched. Has it changed or is it the same?

Michael B

Michael Basked

GB-450UBLX (Black)

How do you remove the big black stickers on the fridge?

Alysia
Alysia

It came off pretty easily if you do it slowly

Rick Basked

GB-450UPLX (Stainless Steel)

We have a new one however when you close the fridge door the freezer door pops open, the tech guy that came out said it's normal... Is it?

Also the fridge door unless shut with force will sit 1cm open which isn't good.

Overall not happy considering all the great reviews it gets..

Did we also get a Lemon?

SueW

Hi Rick our seals on both fridge and freezer are good they firmly close. From our experience we would suggest go back to where you purchased it and explain that the Tech guy thinks it's fine because obviously it cannot be a good seal. We went back to Harvey Norman yesterday and they have contacted an LG rep to try and help us out hopefully we will get a result. Another tip take a video on your phone showing what happens as its easier for them to see than trying to explain. Good luck

Shelly
Shelly

they close firmly with suction

Rick B

When closed the suction is good, however we virtually have to slam the freezer she door which then causes the freezer door to pop open.

Aje

Ajeasked

GB-450UPLE (Dark Graphite)

Does anyone have a video or instructions on how to reverse the doors Harvey Norman said it was easy but no instructions?

abuabmddklkasked

GB-450UPL (Platinum)

Has anyone had problem cleaning the topcover of the vegetable drawer? we can't clean it properly. been onto LG. They are no use whatsoever. Probably have to leave that piece out of the fridge. which leaves us minus a shelf. no good.

Michelle

Have you take it out to clean it?

abuabmddklk

Yes of course. However the glass is wedged into the plastic surround and you cannot remove the glass. As a result, liquids get trapped!

Murphy75

Murphy75asked

GB-450UPLX (Stainless Steel)

Does anyone else have a problem with a near constant bussing noise, apparently coming from the rear of the fridge, and audible about 7m away? It didn't make any noise when First installed. It's about 9 weeks old now. I've read that loose retainer clips can cause this noise.

Michelle

Mine is pretty noisy too, but I live with it. It doesn't keep us up at night. If it is the clips it will be good to know if someone has been able to fix it.

SueW

We have the same and can here it in our bedroom. Repairers have been 4 times and have said it is an acceptable noise even though we've even done sound files. Fridge/freezer 10 mths old and has buzzed 1 month into us purchasing it. Clips have all been checked quite frankly they couldn't care less. They suggested standing an ironing board against the side and I'm not joking.

podikor
podikor

We have the same issue. The fridge is 7 months old now but the noise started 2 months after our purchase.
A technician came in saying it is normal to have this level of noise but it is getting worse to the stage that this constant annoying buzzing sound causes us a headache.
I emailed them again and see what they can do for this.

Mishl

Mishlasked

GB-450UPL (Platinum)

Did anyone have issues with the fridge getting down to the correct temperature (3-4 degrees)? Mine arrived brand new yesterday, but I cannot get the fridge to go below 6 degrees... I didn't put any food inside, until it had been turned on for at least 24 hours & now I am reluctant to put anything perishable inside, until I sort out this internal temperature issue...

Ronnie

Ronnieasked

GB-450UPLX (Stainless Steel)

Has anyone had the fridge door drop on the opposite side to the hinge? I.e. The hinge is on the right side and the door is lower on the left side.

Hudson
Hudson

I haven't met this situation. You can ask someone else.

Rick B

Our doors do not fit square but the tech guy said it's due to the uneven shape of the unit. I believe he was just fobbing me off as I'm an Engineer by trade and know a a thing or to.

Tim
Tim

Have the same problem. Dropped 10 mm Sent LG a photo and the response was it looked ok to them. end of story. Good fridge otherwise. If there were instructions available I would do it my self. There chat system is like talking to an AI. WEIRD

Johnasked

GB-450UPL (Platinum)

How to vary the temperature of ref and freezer?

Sarah
Sarah

When you open the door to the refrigerator, there is an led screen on top and you click which one, you would like to adjust

Murphy75

Murphy75asked

GB-450UPLX (Stainless Steel)

Can anyone confirm whether the freezer is frost-free?

Karen

Karenasked

GB-450UBLX (Black)

Is the model gb450ublx a matte black or gloss black please. There is only gb450ubtlx in store where I live which is nice but I want areal black gloss to match kitchen.cheers

Maggie G

Maggie Gasked

GB-450UPL (Platinum)

I'm having trouble removing shelf over crisper. Maybe there is something to release?

Lynda B

Lynda Basked

GB-W450UPLX (Stainless, Water Dispenser)

Does anyone have a problem with the crisper not keeping vegies fresh? We get bendy carrots after a few days.

Gizzyduck

Never had that problem at all & we have 2 of these fridges.

KM7

KM7asked

GB-450UPLX (Stainless Steel)

has anyone managed to swap the door so it is left hinged instead of right (as you look at it?)?

Gizzyduck

Yes we just did this with latest fridge. You do need to get it done professionally for you as your warranty will become void. We got ours done before it was delivered (at a cost of course). Only thing is that you will end up with handles on both sides of the door which doesn't bother us in the slightest.

micki

mickiasked

GB-450

can I change the top hinge to a flat hinge to fit under cabnet?

Wilson

Wilsonasked

GB-450

Does graphite steel finish smudge like stainless on other appliances?

Johnasked

Door reversal instructions?

Gizzyduck

You will need to get it done by a professional otherwise your warranty will become void. We just did this with our new fridge (at a cost of course)

Mr MD

Mr MDasked

Hi all,
Does anyone knows if this model is a frost free?
Regards

Al fern
Al fern

Yes, it's frost free ... no ice build up

Absolutely

Get an answer from our members and LG representatives