30 questions from our users

What is required to change the Fridge/Freezer doors to left-hand hinge or pivot opening. Is a kit required or can they be just easily changed over?
Found a generic LG PDF which has instructions Page 28-29 which might help. https://s.productreview.com.au/products/manuals/325535_585b17ce96649.pdf

What is the flow like out of the water dispenser?

Why would the fridge heat up around the seals to the point you cant hold your hand on it too long?

We have a new one however when you close the fridge door the freezer door pops open, the tech guy that came out said it's normal... Is it? Also the fridge door unless shut with force will sit 1cm open which isn't good. Overall not happy considering all the great reviews it gets.. Did we also get a Lemon?
Hi Rick our seals on both fridge and freezer are good they firmly close. From our experience we would suggest go back to where you purchased it and explain that the Tech guy thinks it's fine because obviously it cannot be a good seal. We went back to Harvey Norman yesterday and they have contacted an LG rep to try and help us out hopefully we will get a result. Another tip take a video on your phone showing what happens as its easier for them to see than trying to explain. Good luckthey close firmly with suctionWhen closed the suction is good, however we virtually have to slam the freezer she door which then causes the freezer door to pop open.

Does anyone have a video or instructions on how to reverse the doors Harvey Norman said it was easy but no instructions?

Has anyone had problem cleaning the topcover of the vegetable drawer? we can't clean it properly. been onto LG. They are no use whatsoever. Probably have to leave that piece out of the fridge. which leaves us minus a shelf. no good.
Have you take it out to clean it?Yes of course. However the glass is wedged into the plastic surround and you cannot remove the glass. As a result, liquids get trapped!

Does anyone else have a problem with a near constant bussing noise, apparently coming from the rear of the fridge, and audible about 7m away? It didn't make any noise when First installed. It's about 9 weeks old now. I've read that loose retainer clips can cause this noise.
Mine is pretty noisy too, but I live with it. It doesn't keep us up at night. If it is the clips it will be good to know if someone has been able to fix it.We have the same and can here it in our bedroom. Repairers have been 4 times and have said it is an acceptable noise even though we've even done sound files. Fridge/freezer 10 mths old and has buzzed 1 month into us purchasing it. Clips have all been checked quite frankly they couldn't care less. They suggested standing an ironing board against the side and I'm not joking.We have the same issue. The fridge is 7 months old now but the noise started 2 months after our purchase. A technician came in saying it is normal to have this level of noise but it is getting worse to the stage that this constant annoying buzzing sound causes us a headache. I emailed them again and see what they can do for this.

Did anyone have issues with the fridge getting down to the correct temperature (3-4 degrees)? Mine arrived brand new yesterday, but I cannot get the fridge to go below 6 degrees... I didn't put any food inside, until it had been turned on for at least 24 hours & now I am reluctant to put anything perishable inside, until I sort out this internal temperature issue...

Has anyone had the fridge door drop on the opposite side to the hinge? I.e. The hinge is on the right side and the door is lower on the left side.
I haven't met this situation. You can ask someone else.Our doors do not fit square but the tech guy said it's due to the uneven shape of the unit. I believe he was just fobbing me off as I'm an Engineer by trade and know a a thing or to.Have the same problem. Dropped 10 mm Sent LG a photo and the response was it looked ok to them. end of story. Good fridge otherwise. If there were instructions available I would do it my self. There chat system is like talking to an AI. WEIRD

How to vary the temperature of ref and freezer?
When you open the door to the refrigerator, there is an led screen on top and you click which one, you would like to adjust

Can anyone confirm whether the freezer is frost-free?

Is the model gb450ublx a matte black or gloss black please. There is only gb450ubtlx in store where I live which is nice but I want areal black gloss to match kitchen.cheers

I'm having trouble removing shelf over crisper. Maybe there is something to release?

Does anyone have a problem with the crisper not keeping vegies fresh? We get bendy carrots after a few days.
Never had that problem at all & we have 2 of these fridges.

has anyone managed to swap the door so it is left hinged instead of right (as you look at it?)?
Yes we just did this with latest fridge. You do need to get it done professionally for you as your warranty will become void. We got ours done before it was delivered (at a cost of course). Only thing is that you will end up with handles on both sides of the door which doesn't bother us in the slightest.

can I change the top hinge to a flat hinge to fit under cabnet?

Does graphite steel finish smudge like stainless on other appliances?

Door reversal instructions?
You will need to get it done by a professional otherwise your warranty will become void. We just did this with our new fridge (at a cost of course)

Hi all, Does anyone knows if this model is a frost free? Regards
Yes, it's frost free ... no ice build upAbsolutely

Get an answer from our members and LG representatives