LG GB-450UPLX (Stainless Steel)

LG GB-450UPLX (Stainless Steel) (page 2 of 6)

MPNs: GB-450UPLX and GB450UPLX

4.3

• Internal Layout

MVM

MVMSydney, NSW

Good product till it stops working

Purchased in February 2018 at Harvey Norman for A$1,300.00.

Noise Level
Internal Layout
Household Size 2 person(s)
Alysia

AlysiaNewcastle

Best fridge

This is a brilliant energy efficient fridge. It maintains consistent temperature at all times and throughout the whole fridge. The design is fantastic and the led side lights make it easy to find things. The retractractable shelf makes it easy to store taller items as well. Also with this summer heat trying to bring ice cream home the quick freeze button is fantastic to freeze things within minutes

Date PurchasedDec 2018
Chris

ChrisSydney

Completely broken within 2 years of purchasing brand new!!

Bottom Mount Fridges / Refrigerators

Find out how LG GB-450UPLX (Stainless Steel) compares to other Bottom Mount Fridges / Refrigerators

SueWSouth East Queensland, QLD

Terrible

We purchased this as the retailer told us it was whisper quiet. Far from that the noise is so bad we can hear it in our bedroom! Had a consultant out 4 times had voice files to let them hear the noise and each time they have said it is acceptable. We emptied the fridge freezer and noise still there. When you touch the unit the noise stops when you hold the door the noise stops - it is on level ground. The funniest thing the last consultant told us that in the old days you had an ironing board up against it which shut it up unbelievable. The warranty for 10 years is worth nothing. When we have got the money it is going over the rubbish tip and then we will go back to Fisher and Paykel which we should have done in the first place.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018
SueW

By all of the other reviews it would appear that we do have a lemon but will LG come to the party and change it because it is clearly faulty we will wait and see!

Now 30 January not even an acknowledgement what does that say

SueW

I am pleased to say that our issue has now been resolved satisfactorily by LG with Harvey Norman helping out.

Michelle

MichelleSouth East Queensland, QLD

Lovely looking fridge, downsized but still has lots of space for everything

I love how the freezer is now at the bottom, it is easy to put things into compartments, and there is no ice to scratch off - winning. The shelves are adjustable but I had to remove one because I couldn't fit the bottles in. Suits a family of 3 quite well.

Date PurchasedApr 2018
Mara

MaraGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Great fridge

The fridge maintains the temperature in all compartments. I saw a lot of reviews regarding the noise of the fridge. I've had the fridge for more than 7 months now and it's not that bad. Considering what it's designed to do, it's relatively quiet.

Likes
- Design, sophisticated look
- Easy to clean
- Energy efficient

Dislikes
- The freezer drawers can be difficult to open at times

Date PurchasedFeb 2018
KKK

KKKVIC

Greatest

this is one of the best refrigerator's that i have ever had. it is great for fresh produce, and keeping milk good for longer. i've never had any issues with this fridge and ive never had to get it repaired or anything. its just such an easy to use fridge

Date PurchasedJun 2017
James Fricker

James FrickerRisdon Park

Fantastic Product

Great efficient product does the job I need and want great keeps things cold as required and everything is fresh when needed it’s the best fridge I’ve ever owned and I love it totally I’d recommend this to family and friends without hesitation you should buy one and enjoy the product yourself

Sarah

SarahBrisbane

Fantastic fridge

I recently moved into a new place that had a specific spot for the fridge. This fridge fitted perfectly, looks great with my other stainless appliances, makes no noise. Is energy efficient, has heaps of space and keeps everything fresher for longer in the crisper. Love the folding shelf to allow for bigger items if needed. Highly recommend this fridge freezer

Date PurchasedJun 2018

Lin

LinSydney

good

l bought this fridge last years. so far does a very good job. works well in maintaining good temperature in all compartments, very quiet and very easy to clean. it offers great internal spaces, has varieties of shelves. l also like its ice dispenser. a trusted brand. will recommend to others.

Date PurchasedAug 2017
Bennie

BennieYenda, Victoria

Great for small spaces kitchen

Had a major issue as wanted a double door combo but the kitchen didn't have space so had to buy this as the measurements just fit. Loads of room in the bottom compartment and the top is super large. Had to sacrifice freezer space over every day food but was the only option

Date PurchasedNov 2016
Jesse

JesseSydney, NSW

Good choice for small apartments

After so much browsing, we got the LG GB 440UPLX model because it offers great internal space. It offers three shelves in addition to the veggies crisper. Beside this, it offers six different small shelves perfect for eggs, milk, and jams. It keeps good temperature in all areas, it is quiet, and easy to clean. Its shelves are made of glass so it gives a great finish.

Date PurchasedAug 2017
Tep

Tep

This is amazing and the best fridge I have ever had

Easy to keep the fridge clean
Does not make any noise
Looks greatfor in the house
Temperature stays up the same and the fridge works harder to keep everything cold and lets you know when the doors have been left open from kids that can’t close doors at home.
Love it

Date PurchasedJan 2018
Clair Brooke

Clair BrookeWest Beach

Very pleased with our fridge!

We bought this fridge based on reviews all over the Internet which couldn't find anyone complaining about. Price is about the same as others and got a better deal in Harvey's. The settings set by the manufacture didn't need changing as set very perfect. Loads of storage space and nice draws inside

Date PurchasedJul 2017
Ben Bardsley

Ben BardsleyNewcastle

Great fridge!

Great fridge it rarely shuts down or fails keeps food at good temperature and is great value for money the only reason this has a 4 star rating is it is quite bulky and I had trouble fitting it in my kitchen but apart from that it is a great product.

Date PurchasedJan 2016

Charlie123

Charlie123

Quiet

Tay

TaySydney

Happy with fridge!!

I bought this fridge over 6 months ago and I'm happy with it. I think it big enough to accommodate at least 2-3 people per household. I like how the shelves are removable and adjustable. You can change the temp of the fridge or freezer and also turn of the open door sound. Its pretty easy to clean and it doesn't make much noise at all only sometimes late at night but you can't really hear it unless your in the kitchen. I also like how it has its own ice tray as well. It does leave finger marks on the surface but so does most stainless steel fridges you just wipe it off daily.

Date PurchasedNov 2017
Jackie De abreu

Jackie De abreuDoonside

Great fridge very versatile & value for money

The fridge is great & great temperature in all compartments especially the fridge : freezer component
It’s very quiet & dont really heat it
Very easy to clean &enjoy cleaning it coz it’s a great fridge
The storage is very good & works good with a working busy family with so many different dietary requirements

Date PurchasedMar 2017
Tanya

Tanyasydney

Absolutely perfect

Temperature is consistent throughout the frig and freezer. It is designed for easy cleaning and functional storage. I love the lever handle that closes the door smoothly at all times. Fantastic value for money especially with water dispenser feature. It is much quieter than any other frig I ever had

Date PurchasedMay 2018
Al fern

Al fernGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Just perfect

Yes, the vegetables, fruits & meats are kept fresh in all compartments. The chiller compartment keeps cheese, sausages and bacon lasts much longer
The condenser is so quiet that you don't hear it at all.
Each part or compartment is easily detachable for easy cleaning and it is easy to attach it back with no difficulty at all.

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Karim M.

Karim M.asked

GB-450UPLX (Stainless Steel)

Is compressor should run all the time!
My refrigerator never stop and has noise which hadn't.

Paul LW
Paul LW

Hi Karim
The compressor shouldn't be on all the time at all. I would call and request warranty service as soon as you can

My compressor works fine...Just a poorly made fridge thats noisy

Robin
Robin

I have had exactly the same problem with my year old fridge. Service guy wrote a report to say it was noisy and I have videos to prove it then an LG rep overturned the service report. Have dealt with the rudest ‘customer service’ people since. I want a full refund to buy a different brand - wouldn’t go near LG ever again.

Streamside
Streamside

LG REFRIDGERATORS ARE CRAP...Here in NZ most agents don’t even service them in most out of city areas anyway. Mine packed up near 5 yrs old and the charges for repair is $300 short of the price of a new one

Eve

Eveasked

GB-450UPLX (Stainless Steel)

We also have a noisy fridge. Has it improved fir any if you who have had a noise problem? This cant be normal.

kylie l.

kylie l.asked

GB-450UPLX (Stainless Steel)

Why would the fridge heat up around the seals to the point you cant hold your hand on it too long?

James
James

The outer of the fridge acts as heat dissipation much like a radiator in the car it helps to cool the engine down. Although the amount required would be huge for it to not able to be touched. Has it changed or is it the same?

Get an answer from our members and LG representatives