This fridge has a problem which LG can't seem to fix.

You may have read in other posts, that food in the crisper freezes. Well that's what happens to our food too. So much so, it has ruined heaps of fresh fruit and veges. The design flaw relates to a seal between the freezer compartment and the fridge compartment. The seal is foam and surrounds a valve at the bottom of the plate at the back of the fridge that contains the Pure N Fresh filter. It allows freezing air into the crisper section. I can't complain about the service. LG have responded by sending a technician out each of the FIVE times we have reported the failure to correct the problem in the last three months. Even the technician admits that LG don't seem to be able to fix this, so at the last visit, they agreed that LG has to "do something" about a replacement fridge. That remains to be seen. Myself? I think they won't do anything since it's just outside warrantee.

Look it's a good design, but all you people who give it 5 stars, just wait until the seal fails and it starts to freeze all your stuff in the crispers. And it'll happen outside of warrantee. Maybe you'll change your tune. For us, it's been a colossal waste of nearly $4,000.

Purchased in October 2016 at Harvey Norman for $3,360.00.

Noise Level
Internal Layout
Household Size 2 person(s)

Keeps it cool

Love this fridge
Easy access to all compartments
Even when loaded at Christmas kept every think at temp
I love how it displays temp on front
Only negative point dints very easy
And hard to dry water from water dispenser may result over time in rust as we live near the water

Date PurchasedNov 2018

Fridge functionality is Fantastic, but stainless cover, not so much.

I have to say the you would be hard pressed to find better functionality in a fridge. The use of compartmentalised spaces in this fridge is outstanding. Literally a place for everything from mini-sliding soft cheese and cold-cuts compartments to door-in-door quick drink access and loads of wide space for entertaining platters; and convenient freezer drawers and shelves. The easy to use filtered cold water and ice dispensers are perfect and never fail during high demand days. My only slight criticism is we chose the silver stainless steel cover, and it shows every little mark which requires constant wiping to look sparkling clean.

Date PurchasedApr 2017

Best Fridge Ever

We have 2 great fridges in our house this lg fridge GF -5D712BSL and a Fisher and Paylkel RX 628DX1 both fridges we bought for different purposes and both have different uses , we love both but constantly notice food stays fresher and drinks colder in The LG although they are set to the same temperatures , we have had the LG fir 1 yr and the the FP for 2 now

The ice dispenser both cubed and crushed get a daily work out too great fridge and recommend it

Date PurchasedOct 2017

Great Fridge, best layout

Great Fridge, it has the best layout I have found after researching hundreds of fridges. The Fridge has french doors and wide shelves so you can fit huge platters in easily. The door in door is the handiest thing ever and used everyday numerous times. The Freezer section is also french door but has three shelves each side which makes for easy organization and the ability to only open half the freezer at a time to conserve energy. Only downside is the stainless steel which needs constant wiping from fingerprints!

Date PurchasedDec 2015

Best ever

We've had this fridge coming up to a year now. Far better than any other fridge we've owned. Ample room for a family of four. What sold it for us was the lg 10 year parts and labour warranty. Only downside is with 2 tennage boys it leaves terrible fingermarks on the surface. Other than that. 9 out of 10.

Date PurchasedNov 2017

VERY Happy with this fridge but it does have a few quirks to get used to

Pros:
great space for big items
AWESOME lights, great space for big items
LOVE the cold filtered water and instant ice
Freezer section is great with drawers and side storage
Door in the door is handy

Cons:
Not much room for tall items
Inside the door storage only accomodates skinny items so I am now having to buy small bottles of soy sauce for example
Cheese section doesn't hold much
No auto close on the door in a door
You HAVE to have the cold water pipe plumbed in by an authorised plumber (expensive), or they "say" you void any warranty and it is not part of "installation"
The black stainless steel shows fingerprints all over it even though lighting in the shop indicated that wouldn't be a problem so beware bedcause that annoys the heck out of me.

Date PurchasedJun 2017

Great Fridge and freezer.

This fridge keeps superb temperature. Very easy to use and simple to clean. Shelvings are appropriate sizing. Easy removal and placing of shelvings. Frost free freezer always keeps temperate accurate ( we know as we use a thermometer). My only complaint would be that the water flows too slow from the outlet. That could be a good thing if you have small kids.

Great addition to kitchen

Nice and cold, easy to use. Black stainless looks amazeballs. French doors make it easy to put big itmems in. Would like fruit and veg bins to be bigger but overall we think its great, we had a samsung 910l soda stream fridge but couldnt fit it into new house. This one is same depth as most fridges.

Date PurchasedJun 2018

Freezer Alarm

9:00AM have just notice that the freezer door was left open all night and no alarm was going off and the alarm was turned on but the alarm for this fridge the alarm only go's off three times and then stops when all other fridges keep going so if you don't hear the alarm in the first 60 sec the alarm turns offand you don't hear it again.
Not Good LG For The Pice of the Fridge..

Date PurchasedNov 2016

Freezing food in the fridge

I purchased this fridge just over a year ago, and already had the service guys out twice, due to the fact that it keeps building up ice behind the crisper draws, and freezing food in the crisper draw and bottom shelf, even when I adjust the temperature it still does this. Just had it fixed for the second time last week and it is starting to build up with ice again.

Date PurchasedMar 2017

Wonderful perfect!

We love it. The color, the 4 doors, the small door to get to our milk and butter every morning, couldn’t be happier our first ice maker built in amazing and the crush option is fantastic, the delivery easy the plumber installation fast, everything works very well no problems at all so glad we chose this fridge, our first up grade in 18 years we love it and you will too don’t hesitate you will love it !

Very nice

Economic fridge freezer. Large space capacity, good shelving with adequate space, great compartments inside. Great outer looking aspect. Easy to maintain and keep clean. Great water feature, that produces crushed ice or cubed ice. Very quite. Goes very well into modern kitchen. Competitively priced compared to fridge freezers offering similar features

Date PurchasedJun 2018

Great Quality Fridge

After considerable research my wife and I decided on an LG Black Stainless Steel 4 door Fridge. We could not be happier with it. Very impressed with the quality of manufacture and the configurations in shelving and the Ice maker simply doesn't give up.

Had an initial problem with the seal on the smaller drinks door but after contacting LG Service I had a technician onsite the following day and the matter was sorted. Great service. Tech was genuinely interested in my satisfaction with the fridge.

Love the 3 options of Chilled Water, Ice Cubes and Shaved Ice but would only like if possible that the default mode be water as I often forget I've left it on Ice and spill cubes over the floor. eg. If ice cubes are chosen it defaults back to water mode after a certain amount of time.

Also impressed with how quiet it is and the ease of cleaning with a microfibre cloth.

Would definately consider other LG product in future.

Wayne Johnston

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

Get the black stainless

Get the black stainless as it looks so much more classy and presentable than the light colour!
The fridge has so much space, I am in awe of the space and the way some of the shelves move and adjust! The easy access door is used so much by us as its convenient to access to get milk for coffee or bubs bottles. It's very quiet to run I never hear it, occassionally I might hear some ice dump out but rarely hear it! The freezer set up is convenient to see what you have

Date PurchasedMay 2017

It is not black stainless steel it is a thin coat of colour that does not last

I purchased this fridge for its function and appearance. I was assured the colour was extremely durable as it was black stainless steel. Six months in and the actual stainless steel is showing through the back where the thin film of colour is coming off. This is a household of three adults so the care with the fridge is high but the quality is low. This was a huge and costly mistake I should have gone straight stainless steel. I have contacted the company and there response is basically to bad. Do not buy this model in black.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Keep my vegetables nice and fresh for days and love the ice and water drink alot more water. And keeps my suff cold on the fridge. Would recommend this to any one just love it and the freezer. Has plenty of room for all most every thing. 5 stars rating

Best fridge so far!

This smart looking fridge is very quiet all the while keeping my food fresh. This four door fridge is also very user friendly. Opening a door is effortless and saves energy. Its reassuring to know that I am not wasting energy and cost when I want access to one item. The freezer drawers make it easier to separate food items for family members. The ice cube trays are a popular destination and fortunately provide room for additional trays. Cleaning this beaut fridge is so easy! Just wipe down. I would be happy to invest in another like it.

Date PurchasedFeb 2011

Amazing space fridge

My beautiful fridge with my wonderful French doors are a great additional extra to my newly renovated kitchen. Its style and enormous literage inside is just right for my huge family. The freezer is perfect to chill really quick my wine and ice cubes. The fridge with many compartments are brilliant for all my families food.

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Awesome fridge.

Heaps of room and the kids can use the ice and water dispenser and no more water spills all over the bench from trying to fill from a jug. It's a good stainless as well. Cleans well with a stainless cleaner solution. With the 5 doors you can have a lot of variety for where to store different items as well as adjustable shelves.

Date PurchasedOct 2015