See the Best French Door Fridges / Refrigerators in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

PaulSSouth East Queensland, QLD

This fridge has a problem which LG can't seem to fix.

Purchased in October 2016 at Harvey Norman for $3,360.00.

Noise Level
Internal Layout
Household Size 2 person(s)
PaulS

We were referred to LG complaints action department. No response.

PaulS

Update. LG refunded our $ under consumer rights laws. No hassle getting money back but it took 5 visits from their fridge repairers before they agreed fridge couldn't be fixed. Reasonable outcome.

Jenell

Jenell

Keeps it cool

Love this fridge
Easy access to all compartments
Even when loaded at Christmas kept every think at temp
I love how it displays temp on front
Only negative point dints very easy
And hard to dry water from water dispenser may result over time in rust as we live near the water

Date PurchasedNov 2018
Deb

DebGeelong

Fridge functionality is Fantastic, but stainless cover, not so much.

I have to say the you would be hard pressed to find better functionality in a fridge. The use of compartmentalised spaces in this fridge is outstanding. Literally a place for everything from mini-sliding soft cheese and cold-cuts compartments to door-in-door quick drink access and loads of wide space for entertaining platters; and convenient freezer drawers and shelves. The easy to use filtered cold water and ice dispensers are perfect and never fail during high demand days. My only slight criticism is we chose the silver stainless steel cover, and it shows every little mark which requires constant wiping to look sparkling clean.

Date PurchasedApr 2017
PhillR

PhillRPerth

Best Fridge Ever

We have 2 great fridges in our house this lg fridge GF -5D712BSL and a Fisher and Paylkel RX 628DX1 both fridges we bought for different purposes and both have different uses , we love both but constantly notice food stays fresher and drinks colder in The LG although they are set to the same temperatures , we have had the LG fir 1 yr and the the FP for 2 now

The ice dispenser both cubed and crushed get a daily work out too great fridge and recommend it

Date PurchasedOct 2017

Ally Van

Ally VanQld

Great Fridge, best layout

Great Fridge, it has the best layout I have found after researching hundreds of fridges. The Fridge has french doors and wide shelves so you can fit huge platters in easily. The door in door is the handiest thing ever and used everyday numerous times. The Freezer section is also french door but has three shelves each side which makes for easy organization and the ability to only open half the freezer at a time to conserve energy. Only downside is the stainless steel which needs constant wiping from fingerprints!

Date PurchasedDec 2015

Andrew

AndrewPerth, WA

Best ever

We've had this fridge coming up to a year now. Far better than any other fridge we've owned. Ample room for a family of four. What sold it for us was the lg 10 year parts and labour warranty. Only downside is with 2 tennage boys it leaves terrible fingermarks on the surface. Other than that. 9 out of 10.

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Kylie P

Kylie PNSW, 2536

VERY Happy with this fridge but it does have a few quirks to get used to

Date PurchasedJun 2017

blacky

blackyMogo

Great Fridge and freezer.

This fridge keeps superb temperature. Very easy to use and simple to clean. Shelvings are appropriate sizing. Easy removal and placing of shelvings. Frost free freezer always keeps temperate accurate ( we know as we use a thermometer). My only complaint would be that the water flows too slow from the outlet. That could be a good thing if you have small kids.

Justine

JustineSouth Australia

Great addition to kitchen

Nice and cold, easy to use. Black stainless looks amazeballs. French doors make it easy to put big itmems in. Would like fruit and veg bins to be bigger but overall we think its great, we had a samsung 910l soda stream fridge but couldnt fit it into new house. This one is same depth as most fridges.

Date PurchasedJun 2018

Freezer Alarm

9:00AM have just notice that the freezer door was left open all night and no alarm was going off and the alarm was turned on but the alarm for this fridge the alarm only go's off three times and then stops when all other fridges keep going so if you don't hear the alarm in the first 60 sec the alarm turns offand you don't hear it again.
Not Good LG For The Pice of the Fridge..

Date PurchasedNov 2016

cindy

cindy

Freezing food in the fridge

I purchased this fridge just over a year ago, and already had the service guys out twice, due to the fact that it keeps building up ice behind the crisper draws, and freezing food in the crisper draw and bottom shelf, even when I adjust the temperature it still does this. Just had it fixed for the second time last week and it is starting to build up with ice again.

Date PurchasedMar 2017

Glenn

Glenn

Wonderful perfect!

We love it. The color, the 4 doors, the small door to get to our milk and butter every morning, couldn’t be happier our first ice maker built in amazing and the crush option is fantastic, the delivery easy the plumber installation fast, everything works very well no problems at all so glad we chose this fridge, our first up grade in 18 years we love it and you will too don’t hesitate you will love it !

Bel

Bel

Very nice

Economic fridge freezer. Large space capacity, good shelving with adequate space, great compartments inside. Great outer looking aspect. Easy to maintain and keep clean. Great water feature, that produces crushed ice or cubed ice. Very quite. Goes very well into modern kitchen. Competitively priced compared to fridge freezers offering similar features

Date PurchasedJun 2018

Great Quality Fridge

Date PurchasedFeb 2017
Shayne

ShayneJulie

Get the black stainless

Get the black stainless as it looks so much more classy and presentable than the light colour!
The fridge has so much space, I am in awe of the space and the way some of the shelves move and adjust! The easy access door is used so much by us as its convenient to access to get milk for coffee or bubs bottles. It's very quiet to run I never hear it, occassionally I might hear some ice dump out but rarely hear it! The freezer set up is convenient to see what you have

Date PurchasedMay 2017

It is not black stainless steel it is a thin coat of colour that does not last

I purchased this fridge for its function and appearance. I was assured the colour was extremely durable as it was black stainless steel. Six months in and the actual stainless steel is showing through the back where the thin film of colour is coming off. This is a household of three adults so the care with the fridge is high but the quality is low. This was a huge and costly mistake I should have gone straight stainless steel. I have contacted the company and there response is basically to bad. Do not buy this model in black.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Tracy B

Tracy BAU

Keep my vegetables nice and fresh for days and love the ice and water drink alot more water. And keeps my suff cold on the fridge. Would recommend this to any one just love it and the freezer. Has plenty of room for all most every thing. 5 stars rating

Best fridge so far!

This smart looking fridge is very quiet all the while keeping my food fresh. This four door fridge is also very user friendly. Opening a door is effortless and saves energy. Its reassuring to know that I am not wasting energy and cost when I want access to one item. The freezer drawers make it easier to separate food items for family members. The ice cube trays are a popular destination and fortunately provide room for additional trays. Cleaning this beaut fridge is so easy! Just wipe down. I would be happy to invest in another like it.

Date PurchasedFeb 2011

John Barries

John BarriesYagoona

Amazing space fridge

My beautiful fridge with my wonderful French doors are a great additional extra to my newly renovated kitchen. Its style and enormous literage inside is just right for my huge family. The freezer is perfect to chill really quick my wine and ice cubes. The fridge with many compartments are brilliant for all my families food.

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Steve

SteveBrisbane

Awesome fridge.

Heaps of room and the kids can use the ice and water dispenser and no more water spills all over the bench from trying to fill from a jug. It's a good stainless as well. Cleans well with a stainless cleaner solution. With the 5 doors you can have a lot of variety for where to store different items as well as adjustable shelves.

Date PurchasedOct 2015

See all LG GF-5D712 / GF-5L712PL (712L, French Door) reviews

belle

belleasked

GF-5D712BSL (Black Stainless Steel)

I'm thinking about purchasing the Black stainless steel, however now I'm concerned as 1 customer has reviewed that the black colour is coming off after just 6 months and that you can see the stainless underneath. Can I be assured that the black stainless won't do this?

Rob Holland

Rob Hollandasked

Why is the amount of chilled water so small? I get 150 ml @12 deg, then 150 ml @14 deg, then 150 ml @ 18 deg, then 150 ml @21 deg. As we have 4 children who want a drink of chilled water, this is not possible. Is there an adjustment that can be made? Model GF 5L712PL.

Nikki
Nikki

That is odd, we’re able to fill multiple glasses (prob 300ml capacity) back to back with no issues all chilled. Perhaps there’s an issue with yours I’d contact lg or your supplier

zizi

ziziasked

GF-5D712BSL (Black Stainless Steel)

how to connect LG - GF-5D712BSL - 712L 5Door French Door Fridge to water source?

Firepower
Firepower

I guess you have worked this out by now. We had a tap in a cupboard beside the fridge and we just connected to that. Just have to drill a small hole in the cupboard.

Get an answer from our members and LG representatives

LG GF-5D712SL (Stainless Steel)
  • Discontinued

LG GF-5D712SL (Stainless Steel)

4.3
LG GF-5D712BSL (Black Stainless Steel)
  • Discontinued

LG GF-5D712BSL (Black Stainless Steel)

CategoryFrench Door Fridges / RefrigeratorsFrench Door Fridges / Refrigerators
Width910mm910mm
Height1808mm1808mm
Depth758mm758mm
Price (RRP) $4599$4799
Compare all LG GF-5D712 / GF-5L712PL (712L, French Door)

Visit official website - Download manual