LG GS-B680WL (White)

LG GS-B680WL (White)

MPN: GSB680WL

Stay away from LG Products

6months ago purchased fridge/ freezer combo. Within 2 weeks of purchase complained of soggy limp rotting vegetables, cheeses going mouldy and water icicles on frozen foods. Said nothing wrong with it. I have been fighting with LG for 6 months now. Harvey Norman are taking it away at their cost and will take it up with LG. The latest was it needed a part but would take a number of weeks to get here as it is not even in the country!!

Fridge section fine freezer cannot keep set Temperature

Bought late January 2019. Noticed frost on freezer after 4 days so got a wireless thermometer to monitor the freezer temperature. I have it set at -18C but it cycles 3 days -20--17C and 16 hours -24 to -32.6C. Called LG tech visited when temperature was -26C and said there is an issue with the fridge so he ordered and replaced the computer and temperature sensor. No change to issue.

Monitored for another week and recalled LG. Noted the temperature cycles down to the low readings after a defrost cycle. Tech came and said need to replace fridge. This was done with a few scrapes on the house delivering it but new fridge if anything is worse.

Cycle over past 3 weeks is as follows 3 days normal/16hrs down/3 days normal/16hrs down /3 days normal /16hrs down /28hrs normal/16hrs down/32hrs normal /16hrs down /40 hrs normal and it continues to today. Ice cream is like concrete cannot spoon it out when at -26C. Issue is with LG I told them to grab 1 and monitor the temperatures in the freezer over a period, The fridge temp is spot on. Surprised 2 fridges 1 with most of the control parts replaced both same issue. Strange no-one else noticed it.

Oh my thermometer tested against tech's one and agrees. LG has been helpful but things dragging though they keep messaging me that they they still looking into issue.

Purchased in January 2019 at Harvey Norman Appliances Physical Store for $1,089.00.

Noise Level
Internal Layout
Household Size 2 person(s)

Pleased with this purchase

Have had this fridge for 6 weeks and pleased with operation and build quality of the unit. Used a thermometer to measure temperature in fridge and freezer and found to be stable and within a degree or so of the set temperature. The compressor and fan are very quiet. Would have liked an enclosed storage compartment for medicines and a wine type bottle storage rack which is apparently optional but a retrofit does not appear to be possible. Needed to purchase a side by side door type due to small amount kitchen space in front of the unit. So, that ruled out single door and French freezer types. That said, the door arrangement is superior to the side by side Maytag this fridge replaced. Am not tempted to connect to LG support via the Wi-Fi capability. The process looks too complex - to be performed as a last resort.

Date PurchasedSep 2018

Great fridge

It is a functional fridge for a medium sized family. It runs quietly with beeping sound to remind you to close the fridge door. Ample space available on the doors to store drinks and bottles. The technology in which you can scan the fridge gives us a peace of mind too.

Great fridge!

Lots of storage within this fridge and plenty of compartments. Was easy to set with the digital face. The white version is super easy to clean and when purchased we didn't have to wait hours for it to cool down! Also has a good energy rating for larger fridge.
I originally purchased as my old fridge&freezer was way too small and I was hesitant on buying a chest freezer, so just bought this larger fridge freezer and have more than enough space for everything.

Cool and frosty

Bought us an upgrade in size and performance and couldn't be happier. Whisper quiet, adjustable temperature for both fridge and freezer. Large shelf space and door pockets are a bonus. Multi zone fridge and freezer sections are fantastic for separating different items that require certain temp zones. The wifi alerts via the app is also a great feature.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Really good cheap fridge

Picked this LG fridge up cheap when eBay has a 20% sale. Came from the good guys brand new, delivered for $950.
We really like it. Cools quick. Has quite a nice little display across the front. Has a lock function to prevent our kids from getting into it. Lots of storage space. Feels nice and solid, unlike some of the other models in this price range.
The bad thing is the ice maker is tiny but after looking around at other brands they’re all the same.

My onderful fridge

I purchase this item August 2017. Firstly the freezer is well set out and retains cold very well. I preserve fruit and veggies and it suits my needs perfectly. The fridge has many useful areas and I can't fault layout.

Date PurchasedAug 2017

Cools quickly, ample storage and sturdy

Well-built fridge with strong tempered glass shelves and sturdy door baskets and drawers. The clever use of internal storage space gives 422L of fridge capacity and 265L of freezer capacity. It cools quickly to reach the set temperatures, and the bright white LED lights make it easy to see everything in the fridge at a glance. The LG Inverter Linear Compressor is so quiet you have to put your ear close to the side of the fridge to hear it. Other handy features include "Smart Diagnosis" and a door open alarm that is less intrusive than my previous Samsung fridge. Also, the chrome-trimmed hidden pocket handle gives it a more elegant, streamlined and minimalist look.

This fridge is has an Energy Rating of 3 stars and its energy consumption is 565kWh/year.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Solid fridge

Purchased this fridge 6 months ago after our old one stopped working. This fridge has been reliable so far and we've had no hiccups with it. There's no ice-maker as we bought a cheaper unit but that makes for more room in the freezer. Highly recommend this fridge if you can find a good price on it.

Date PurchasedJul 2017

Good to be cool in the summer

The constant temperature of the fridge is incredible. Works really well and I haven't had any issues with it yet as I just purchased it last Christmas. I think its amazing how you can access the freezer and fridge from one place. Handles are great and easy to use as well.

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Super quiet, super sexy on the eye

Got it for a great price 3 months ago, love the quiet linear compressor. Freezer shelves lack support to store stuff so I bought some plastic containers. Door handles are a bit low and weird to open but overall this fridge is great. Visitors have commented on how good it looks and it seems to maintain an even temperature an milk lasts days longer than in my old (>10 years) LG fridge (probably due to the odour removal system it uses). Was much easier to transport than my old fridge, and much lighter.

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Nice big fridge area - Freezer not so big but good value.

Fridge is a good size for me but the freezer could be bigger. The fridge has great big shelves and easily arranged to suit needs. I purchased the white model purely based on price and not looks. Always had stainless but glad I got the white now. Easily cleaned and kept clean. Good strong handles to open as they are part of the structure not add ons. For the price I am very happy so far (6months old). The freezer has an express button that blasts the freezer if you just placed shopping in etc and freezes ICE quick.

Date PurchasedJun 2017

Quite, spacious, very modern looking fridge

We always hear good things on LG and this time we pick this LG fridge for our growing family (4 adult + 1 child). Very Moved from 420L to 670L, space wise is very sufficient for our need and no more back bending in this side by side design. Temp maintenance seems no issue. LED lighting are very bright (not ideal for mid-night snacking). We never hear any noise from this fridge and the door alarm is gentle and not super annoying.

However, I found the door did not once closed properly overnight ( maybe only 2cm sticking out), there was no alarm. The temp didn't drop too bad. All the food were okay.

I would recommend this fridge, even the electricians who came fixing our stove top praise on the fridge. Got it from TGG, great bargain at around 1200.

Date PurchasedJul 2017

See all LG GS-B680 (687L, Side by Side) reviews

Only 2 weeks old and freezer has suddenly gone to -26 and fridge to 8. This is the second time it has done this, the first time turned power off for an hour or two then back on. But now, a week later, it seems to have gone crazy again. Has anyone had this problem?
Yes read my comments in this review area. I have a complaint active with LG as I already had the first unit replaced and second does the same. My fridge is fine steady at 2.3C but stays at -24 to -32.6C for 16 hrs and normal for periods varying from 12hrs to 72 hrs. Always goes lower after a defrost cycle that happens every 4 hrs. Check actual cycle times I have a wireless thermometer inside the freezer. The first fridge had the computer and the temperature sensor replaced and no change. I have asked LG to actually test a fridge over a week and log the temperatures as I feel some units are faulty. Trying to chisel icecream at -32C is not fun. Worth a call to LG but a tech coming out will not fix it ask to be referred to guy looking into my case ( My name Turner) This issue only reason I gave unit 2 stars otherwise 5. I get the feeling they are perplexed and really only want to replace it again.Tony, sounds familiar. I am also using a wireless sensor inside the fridge & freezer. Mostly concerned about the fridge temp going up. After this last episode, I decided to leave it be and see what happens, after about 2 hrs temps started to return to the set temps. I have rung up and a tech can be sent out but if it is behaving normal I am sure he would not find the fault. I would like to think that LG have recognised a problem and are working on a fix. Otherwise, we like the unit.Mine still a issue LG dragging their tails. Taking dated pics whenever the temperature sucks. Worst -33.6C when set at -18

Hi does his fridge come with pure and fresh already inside the fridge? Not an add on extra

Is the freezer on this unit frost free?
Hi, I've not had any frost in my freezer which is set at -17°C.Yes, it is frost free!!Mine is all frosted

GS-B680WL (White)
Capacity
Total Capacity 687 L
Fridge Capacity 422 L
Freezer Capacity 265 L
Compare all LG GS-B680 (687L, Side by Side)

• GTIN13: 8806087589139