MPN: GS-B680WL

4.4
  • Internal Layout
Nardish
NardishPeel, WA

Perfect fridge apart from the door handles

Works great. Keeps temperature perfect. Bought it in April 2019 and has started to make some funky sounds (not loud though). ONLY main gripe is design of the handles. Hard to open for someone with Arthritis. So although the sales person in store said it was only hard to open as it was a “new” fridge, we’ve had to stick pull handles on the front which takes away from the appearance. If I were to purchase a fridge today I would consider it but would choose another just due to the handle design. But all aside I would still recommend.

Purchased in April 2019 at The Good Guys for $1,340.00.

LG
LG A.LG
Rennie F.
Rennie F.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Love my new fridge

The side by side aspect is fantastic - I don't fall in the chest freezer any more! Plenty of room for our 2 person household. Keeps food at a steady temperature. Highly recommend this fridge

Purchased in June 2019 at Harvey Norman for $1,500.00.

nettie
nettieHobart, TAS

Stay away from LG Products

6months ago purchased fridge/ freezer combo. Within 2 weeks of purchase complained of soggy limp rotting vegetables, cheeses going mouldy and water icicles on frozen foods. Said nothing wrong with it. I have been fighting with LG for 6 months now. Harvey Norman are taking it away at their cost and will take it up with LG. The latest was it needed a part but would take a number of weeks to get here as it is not even in the country!!

Side by Side Fridges / Refrigerators

Find out how LG 687L Side by Side Door GS-B680WL (White) compares to other Side by Side Fridges / Refrigerators

Tony47South East Queensland, QLD

Fridge section fine freezer cannot keep set Temperature

Purchased in January 2019 at Harvey Norman Retail Stores - Appliances for $1,089.00.

Jos
Jos

Pleased with this purchase

Date PurchasedSept 2018

The best kitchen appliances in 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-best-kitchen-appliances-in-2020

Best Fridges and Dishwashers in 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
best-fridges-and-dishwashers-in-2020

Avleen M.
Avleen M.23 July 2021
J W
J Wmelbourne

Great fridge

It is a functional fridge for a medium sized family. It runs quietly with beeping sound to remind you to close the fridge door. Ample space available on the doors to store drinks and bottles. The technology in which you can scan the fridge gives us a peace of mind too.

Caitmee
CaitmeeKempsey

Great fridge!

Lots of storage within this fridge and plenty of compartments. Was easy to set with the digital face. The white version is super easy to clean and when purchased we didn't have to wait hours for it to cool down! Also has a good energy rating for larger fridge.
I originally purchased as my old fridge&freezer was way too small and I was hesitant on buying a chest freezer, so just bought this larger fridge freezer and have more than enough space for everything.

Manny
MannyWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Cool and frosty

Bought us an upgrade in size and performance and couldn't be happier. Whisper quiet, adjustable temperature for both fridge and freezer. Large shelf space and door pockets are a bonus. Multi zone fridge and freezer sections are fantastic for separating different items that require certain temp zones. The wifi alerts via the app is also a great feature.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018
Snugs
SnugsMid North Coast, NSW

Really good cheap fridge

Picked this LG fridge up cheap when eBay has a 20% sale. Came from the good guys brand new, delivered for $950.
We really like it. Cools quick. Has quite a nice little display across the front. Has a lock function to prevent our kids from getting into it. Lots of storage space. Feels nice and solid, unlike some of the other models in this price range.
The bad thing is the ice maker is tiny but after looking around at other brands they’re all the same.

George F
George F

My onderful fridge

I purchase this item August 2017. Firstly the freezer is well set out and retains cold very well. I preserve fruit and veggies and it suits my needs perfectly. The fridge has many useful areas and I can't fault layout.

Date PurchasedAug 2017
AlbatrossBrisbane

Cools quickly, ample storage and sturdy

Date PurchasedFeb 2018
Devi
DeviBrisbane, QLD

Solid fridge

Purchased this fridge 6 months ago after our old one stopped working. This fridge has been reliable so far and we've had no hiccups with it. There's no ice-maker as we bought a cheaper unit but that makes for more room in the freezer. Highly recommend this fridge if you can find a good price on it.

Date PurchasedJuly 2017
Bav
Bav

Good to be cool in the summer

The constant temperature of the fridge is incredible. Works really well and I haven't had any issues with it yet as I just purchased it last Christmas. I think its amazing how you can access the freezer and fridge from one place. Handles are great and easy to use as well.

Date PurchasedNov 2017
PeteJ
PeteJMoranbah

Super quiet, super sexy on the eye

Got it for a great price 3 months ago, love the quiet linear compressor. Freezer shelves lack support to store stuff so I bought some plastic containers. Door handles are a bit low and weird to open but overall this fridge is great. Visitors have commented on how good it looks and it seems to maintain an even temperature an milk lasts days longer than in my old (>10 years) LG fridge (probably due to the odour removal system it uses). Was much easier to transport than my old fridge, and much lighter.

Date PurchasedNov 2017
Mark W
Mark WByron Bay

Nice big fridge area - Freezer not so big but good value.

Fridge is a good size for me but the freezer could be bigger. The fridge has great big shelves and easily arranged to suit needs. I purchased the white model purely based on price and not looks. Always had stainless but glad I got the white now. Easily cleaned and kept clean. Good strong handles to open as they are part of the structure not add ons. For the price I am very happy so far (6months old). The freezer has an express button that blasts the freezer if you just placed shopping in etc and freezes ICE quick.

Date PurchasedJune 2017

See all LG 687L Side by Side Door GS-B680 Series reviews

Bazasked
687L Side by Side Door GS-B680WL (White)

Only 2 weeks old and freezer has suddenly gone to -26 and fridge to 8. This is the second time it has done this, the first time turned power off for an hour or two then back on. But now, a week later, it seems to have gone crazy again. Has anyone had this problem?

Tony47

Yes read my comments in this review area. I have a complaint active with LG as I already had the first unit replaced and second does the same. My fridge is fine steady at 2.3C but stays at -24 to -32.6C for 16 hrs and normal for periods varying from 12hrs to 72 hrs. Always goes lower after a defrost cycle that happens every 4 hrs. Check actual cycle times I have a wireless thermometer inside the freezer.

The first fridge had the computer and the temperature sensor replaced and no change.

I have asked LG to actually test a fridge over a week and log the temperatures as I feel some units are faulty. Trying to chisel icecream at -32C is not fun.

Worth a call to LG but a tech coming out will not fix it ask to be referred to guy looking into my case ( My name Turner)
This issue only reason I gave unit 2 stars otherwise 5. I get the feeling they are perplexed and really only want to replace it again.

Baz

Tony, sounds familiar. I am also using a wireless sensor inside the fridge & freezer. Mostly concerned about the fridge temp going up. After this last episode, I decided to leave it be and see what happens, after about 2 hrs temps started to return to the set temps. I have rung up and a tech can be sent out but if it is behaving normal I am sure he would not find the fault. I would like to think that LG have recognised a problem and are working on a fix. Otherwise, we like the unit.

Tony47

Mine still a issue LG dragging their tails. Taking dated pics whenever the temperature sucks. Worst -33.6C when set at -18

Megan
Meganasked
687L Side by Side Door GS-B680WL (White)

Hi does his fridge come with pure and fresh already inside the fridge? Not an add on extra

PHIL
PHILasked
687L Side by Side Door GS-B680WL (White)

Is the freezer on this unit frost free?

Hi,

I've not had any frost in my freezer which is set at -17°C.

Sal
Sal

Yes, it is frost free!!

Mine is all frosted

See all LG 687L Side by Side Door GS-B680 Series questions

Get an answer from our members and LG representatives

Compare both LG 687L Side by Side Door GS-B680 Series