MPN: GS-B680WL
See the Best Side by Side Fridges / Refrigerators in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by LG

4.4
  • Internal Layout
Nardish
NardishPeel, WA

Perfect fridge apart from the door handles

Works great. Keeps temperature perfect. Bought it in April 2019 and has started to make some funky sounds (not loud though). ONLY main gripe is design of the handles. Hard to open for someone with Arthritis. So although the sales person in store said it was only hard to open as it was a “new” fridge, we’ve had to stick pull handles on the front which takes away from the appearance. If I were to purchase a fridge today I would consider it but would choose another just due to the handle design. But all aside I would still recommend.

Purchased in April 2019 at The Good Guys for $1,340.00.

LG
LG A.LG
Bav
Bav

Good to be cool in the summer

The constant temperature of the fridge is incredible. Works really well and I haven't had any issues with it yet as I just purchased it last Christmas. I think its amazing how you can access the freezer and fridge from one place. Handles are great and easy to use as well.

Date PurchasedNov 2017
Mark W
Mark WByron Bay

Nice big fridge area - Freezer not so big but good value.

Fridge is a good size for me but the freezer could be bigger. The fridge has great big shelves and easily arranged to suit needs. I purchased the white model purely based on price and not looks. Always had stainless but glad I got the white now. Easily cleaned and kept clean. Good strong handles to open as they are part of the structure not add ons. For the price I am very happy so far (6months old). The freezer has an express button that blasts the freezer if you just placed shopping in etc and freezes ICE quick.

Date PurchasedJune 2017
See all LG 687L Side by Side Door GS-B680 Series reviews

Bazasked
687L Side by Side Door GS-B680WL (White)

Only 2 weeks old and freezer has suddenly gone to -26 and fridge to 8. This is the second time it has done this, the first time turned power off for an hour or two then back on. But now, a week later, it seems to have gone crazy again. Has anyone had this problem?

Tony47

Yes read my comments in this review area. I have a complaint active with LG as I already had the first unit replaced and second does the same. My fridge is fine steady at 2.3C but stays at -24 to -32.6C for 16 hrs and normal for periods varying from 12hrs to 72 hrs. Always goes lower after a defrost cycle that happens every 4 hrs. Check actual cycle times I have a wireless thermometer inside the freezer.

The first fridge had the computer and the temperature sensor replaced and no change.

I have asked LG to actually test a fridge over a week and log the temperatures as I feel some units are faulty. Trying to chisel icecream at -32C is not fun.

Worth a call to LG but a tech coming out will not fix it ask to be referred to guy looking into my case ( My name Turner)
This issue only reason I gave unit 2 stars otherwise 5. I get the feeling they are perplexed and really only want to replace it again.

Baz

Tony, sounds familiar. I am also using a wireless sensor inside the fridge & freezer. Mostly concerned about the fridge temp going up. After this last episode, I decided to leave it be and see what happens, after about 2 hrs temps started to return to the set temps. I have rung up and a tech can be sent out but if it is behaving normal I am sure he would not find the fault. I would like to think that LG have recognised a problem and are working on a fix. Otherwise, we like the unit.

Tony47

Mine still a issue LG dragging their tails. Taking dated pics whenever the temperature sucks. Worst -33.6C when set at -18

Megan
Meganasked
687L Side by Side Door GS-B680WL (White)

Hi does his fridge come with pure and fresh already inside the fridge? Not an add on extra

PHIL
PHILasked
687L Side by Side Door GS-B680WL (White)

Is the freezer on this unit frost free?

Albatross
Albatross

Hi,

I've not had any frost in my freezer which is set at -17°C.

Sal
Sal

Yes, it is frost free!!

Mine is all frosted

See all LG 687L Side by Side Door GS-B680 Series questions

Get an answer from our members and LG representatives

Compare both LG 687L Side by Side Door GS-B680 Series