LG 687L Side by Side Door GS-B680 Series

LG 687L Side by Side Door GS-B680 Series (page 2 of 5)

GS-B680PL (Stainless Steel), GS-B680WL (White)

Pros

• Self-adjusting moisture levels

• Anti-fingerprint finish

Cons

• High price tag

• Internal Layout

Jos

Jos

Pleased with this purchase

Date PurchasedSept 2018
MF1987

MF1987Sydney, NSW

I purchased this fridge last year and it is awesome! It maintains a good temperature throughout and has very good storage for both freezer and fridge. It is easy to
Open but it does feel a bit heavy when opening. I especially like this fridge because I am easily able to store things in an easily accessible and organised way!

Date PurchasedSept 2017
alexandra91

alexandra91Gawler South

Great Look, Budget Friendly, Reliable Fridge

Date PurchasedAug 2018
Side by Side Fridges / Refrigerators

Find out how LG 687L Side by Side Door GS-B680 Series compares to other Side by Side Fridges / Refrigerators

Janz

JanzAuckland

Useless vegetable drawers.

The vegetable and fruit drawers are a waste of space. Mushrooms dry out completely in 3 days, absolutely useless for fruit and vegetables. Celery limp, carrots dry out. Too much airflow in the drawers, no regulator. I wish I had never bought it. LG ignore all my correspondence. They are probably hope I will get tired of writing.

Date PurchasedNov 2017
Gune

GuneSydney

Excellent fridge

Very good fridge, designs good, easy access to the compartments, has even wifi connection even though I am not sure the main purpose. Very stylish and the door handles built into the fridge therefore getting through doors is a breeze. We have been using this for couple of weeks now and very happy with the product. LG service upto now has been very good.

Date PurchasedAug 2018

The best kitchen appliances in 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-best-kitchen-appliances-in-2020

Best Fridges and Dishwashers in 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019

Date PurchasedApr 2018
J W

J Wmelbourne

Great fridge

It is a functional fridge for a medium sized family. It runs quietly with beeping sound to remind you to close the fridge door. Ample space available on the doors to store drinks and bottles. The technology in which you can scan the fridge gives us a peace of mind too.

Caitmee

CaitmeeKempsey

Great fridge!

Lots of storage within this fridge and plenty of compartments. Was easy to set with the digital face. The white version is super easy to clean and when purchased we didn't have to wait hours for it to cool down! Also has a good energy rating for larger fridge.
I originally purchased as my old fridge&freezer was way too small and I was hesitant on buying a chest freezer, so just bought this larger fridge freezer and have more than enough space for everything.

Manny

MannyWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Cool and frosty

Bought us an upgrade in size and performance and couldn't be happier. Whisper quiet, adjustable temperature for both fridge and freezer. Large shelf space and door pockets are a bonus. Multi zone fridge and freezer sections are fantastic for separating different items that require certain temp zones. The wifi alerts via the app is also a great feature.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Snugs

SnugsMid North Coast, NSW

Really good cheap fridge

Picked this LG fridge up cheap when eBay has a 20% sale. Came from the good guys brand new, delivered for $950.
We really like it. Cools quick. Has quite a nice little display across the front. Has a lock function to prevent our kids from getting into it. Lots of storage space. Feels nice and solid, unlike some of the other models in this price range.
The bad thing is the ice maker is tiny but after looking around at other brands they’re all the same.

George F

George F

My onderful fridge

I purchase this item August 2017. Firstly the freezer is well set out and retains cold very well. I preserve fruit and veggies and it suits my needs perfectly. The fridge has many useful areas and I can't fault layout.

Date PurchasedAug 2017
dip

dipMelbourne

Very good product

It’s a nice spacious freez and good space for freezer as well .quite and less noise motor. Finger print proof door .easily removable self and easily cleaning it as well. Easy to adjust temp and all. Fruit and vegi stay fresh longer in it. Very happy with the product .

Toffel

Toffel

Replaced an upside down fridge with this LG really liking the side by side. Plenty of room for freezer & fridge products, easy to access, keeps veg & friut fresh. Did originally seem a little noisy but that seems to be fine now. Glass shelves are easy to clean, crisper drawers a little tricky to totally empty but genarally happy.

Date PurchasedOct 2017

Great fridge freezer

Pro's: More than adequate storage room in the fridge.
Very quite running
Maintains temperature to desired set point.

Con's: Very easy to jam your fingers between the fridge and freezer doors if you don't use the insert door handles on the fridge / freezer.
Small ice cube tray, not worth using

PK P

PK PMelbourne

Good but more improvement can done

It's quite, easy to clean and good value to money.
However, LG could do better with design, for example can add more shelf , add eggs compartment tray, can also add can/wine bottle holder like one in Westighouse. It's massive 680L refrigerator where 40% of those space wasted due to lack of shelf. I am only disappointed with utilizing total 680L space as I bought in impression that it's bigger than other competitors.
I have see frost building in my freezer which I escalated to LG support. Technician is due to visit and fix that. Not entirely happy with this unit. It could be faulty unit but I purchased it after reading so many good reviews here.
If I get second chance I will buy westinghouse or Hisense next time.

Debbie

Debbieasked

Reviewer R.
Reviewer R.

Bazasked

687L Side by Side Door GS-B680WL (White)

Only 2 weeks old and freezer has suddenly gone to -26 and fridge to 8. This is the second time it has done this, the first time turned power off for an hour or two then back on. But now, a week later, it seems to have gone crazy again. Has anyone had this problem?

Tony47

Yes read my comments in this review area. I have a complaint active with LG as I already had the first unit replaced and second does the same. My fridge is fine steady at 2.3C but stays at -24 to -32.6C for 16 hrs and normal for periods varying from 12hrs to 72 hrs. Always goes lower after a defrost cycle that happens every 4 hrs. Check actual cycle times I have a wireless thermometer inside the freezer.

The first fridge had the computer and the temperature sensor replaced and no change.

I have asked LG to actually test a fridge over a week and log the temperatures as I feel some units are faulty. Trying to chisel icecream at -32C is not fun.

Worth a call to LG but a tech coming out will not fix it ask to be referred to guy looking into my case ( My name Turner)
This issue only reason I gave unit 2 stars otherwise 5. I get the feeling they are perplexed and really only want to replace it again.

Baz

Tony, sounds familiar. I am also using a wireless sensor inside the fridge & freezer. Mostly concerned about the fridge temp going up. After this last episode, I decided to leave it be and see what happens, after about 2 hrs temps started to return to the set temps. I have rung up and a tech can be sent out but if it is behaving normal I am sure he would not find the fault. I would like to think that LG have recognised a problem and are working on a fix. Otherwise, we like the unit.

Tony47

Mine still a issue LG dragging their tails. Taking dated pics whenever the temperature sucks. Worst -33.6C when set at -18

Megan

Meganasked

687L Side by Side Door GS-B680WL (White)

Hi does his fridge come with pure and fresh already inside the fridge? Not an add on extra

See all LG 687L Side by Side Door GS-B680 Series questions

Get an answer from our members and LG representatives

LG 687L Side by Side Door GS-B680 Series

The LG 687L Side by Side Fridges are available in a stainless-steel or white finish. Both fridges are highly rated and achieved the 2019 ProductReview Award. This LG Side by Side range offers similar features to other Side by Side ranges by LG, such as the LG 668L Side by Side series.

Features:

• Available in two options: the GS-B680PL boasts a durable stainless-steel finish that costs $100 more than the GS-B680WL, which features a white finish
  • Tempered glass shelves that are stronger and more durable than ordinary glass
  • Filtered water and ice dispenser provides cool and refreshing glasses of water
  • Includes various compartments such as door baskets, drawers, and an egg box to keep food neat and organised
  • Adjust fridge settings via the LG app, so you can alter the temperature from home or remotely
  • An alarm that’s triggered if you leave the fridge door open, in order to prevent food from spoiling

What reviewers liked about this fridge:

• The LG 687L ran so silently that it became common for reviewers to forget that their fridge was switched on
  • This fridge offers a generous amount of space that’s suitable for a two to four-person household
  • Reviewers appreciated the convenience of changing the fridge temperature via their phones
  • Despite the $2,159 price tag, most reviewers agreed that this fridge was a worthwhile investment.
Compare both LG 687L Side by Side Door GS-B680 Series
CategorySide by Side Fridges / RefrigeratorsSide by Side Fridges / Refrigerators
Price (RRP) $2,159.00$2,039.00
Dimensions 1790 x 912 x 738 mm1790 x 912 x 733 mm
Energy Rating3 star(s)2.5 star(s)
Household Size 5+ people5+ people
FeaturesDoor Alarm and Frost FreeDoor Alarm and Frost Free
Handle Type RecessedRecessed
Smart Fridge YesYes
Shelf MaterialGlassGlass
Number of Shelves44
Number of Fruit & Vegetable Bins22
Weight113 kg113 kg
Manufacturer Warranty2 year(s)2 year(s)
Colour / FinishStainless SteelWhite